Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in April 2006 #6

abs Guest

thanks Bel and Nic

we actually had lunch with Jens parents and brother on Saturday as she had to be at a trade expo all day yesterday - apparently it was VERY quiet, basically just the people on the stands and interstate attendees. But today its packed

I got a card from Jordy - he needs some spelling lessons, and a book "My Daddy is the best in ALL the world", and a Sudoku hand game thingy - cool, I love Sudoku

Spent the day yesterday doing jobs around the house - wiring up foxtel into Jordy's room, so we can watch it whilst feeding him, then do some grouting in both bathrooms, clear the gutters above the theatre room/garage (rest of the house is 2 stories up, so can't get there) + a few other things

Hi everyone

Hope you are all doing well and that all the bubs are too.

Well I became an Aunty on Saturday, DPs brother and his g/f had a baby girl late saturday night, after 4 days in labour :eek: all are doing very well now and she is so cute, just wished we lived closer and could go see her.

Happy Fathers Day Abs and all the other dads out there...hope you all had fantastic days

We had Abbey weighed the other day she is 6.3kg so has only put on just over 900g in two months, MCHN wasn't too worried but said to keep an eye on it. Other than that was very impressed with how well she is doing and how strong she is..

She finally rolled completely from back to front the other day, it took her about 45 minutes of trying but she did it.. mind you about 2 minutes later she was back on her back lol

Abs.. sounds like you had a very productive day yesterday... i thought it was meant to be a day of rest lol, I love sudoku too!

Good to hear that all the bubs are well, sorry there are no more prsonals, abbey just woke up so i have to go play lol

Theresa, good luck with em and i hope she feels better soon...i hope that you get answers for all the problems very soon

mum21 Guest

Hi Ladies. Just wondering if you would mind if I joined the group. I've only come across this website today.

Forum Name: Mum21
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: April 25th (Anzac Day)
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3510g (7lbs 12oz) Length - 50cms Head Circ - 35cms
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Declan James
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/h/halfpintbabyboy
    Health Concerns: None that we know of thankfully

Hello Mum21 and welcome!!
    Your boy looks very cute in his ticker! ive just went to check your website to but not sure the link is right it asked for a password?
    So tell us how he has been going/how was the birth etc. Look forward to getting to know you, is he your first?

mum21 Guest

Opps so sorry.

My name is Amy. I'm 22 (tomorrow). Declan was born at 9.17pm April 25th. My labour was a rather quick one for a 1st timer, just over 5hrs. Went natural untill about 7pm then the contractions got too much so used the gas. 8pm came and it was time to push. Only problem was that when I stopped pushing he would go back up the birth canal. I ended up with an episiotomy and vac delivery.

He has been a very good baby, slept through from 3 weeks of age. I'm still breastfeeding and he is one happy and content boy. He learnt to roll almost 2 weeks ago and found his feet too, clever little munchkin. I am loving motherhood and looking forward to getting to know you all. If I've forgotten anything just ask.

well Amy,
    Happy Birthday!! i hope u have a great day for your first birthday as a mummy!
    thannks for sharing, sounds like a reasonably good labour, quick even better! was Declan due on Anzac day?!
    whoo hoo for Declan rolling! my son has just started showing signs of "trying to roll" (as of yesterday!) he was 7 weeks early so haven't expected he would have b4 now (corrected he would be 3months) my son was born on Easter Monday
    look forward to chatting moe, this website is sch a great support network.

mum21 Guest

Yep Declan was born on his due date. He was a good boy must have known I didn't want to go over. As it was he came out looking like he was overcooked, peeling. We found out we were very lucky to have a healthy and alive baby when he was born. I had no waters and he had done a number of poos inside (sorry TMI).

abs Guest

Happy birthday Amy and a big welcome. Yikes on the no waters bit

Don't worry about TMI - even the girls got over saying it to me (ie I'm a guy)... I've been along this journey with my partner, and along with all the other girls here... has been a great educational experience for me and for me to understand what Jen was going through

Well looks like Jordy is not that fussed about the booby for milk supply anymore. He simply will not drink from it anymore... He'll lie there, take a half a moment suck then let go and look around for a few seconds and repeats the process over and over. Jen isn't too happy about it, feels like she's letting him down.

He still isn't rolling either but should be too far off. As they say, each will do things when they are ready

And he is still crashing out around 5-6pm, waking at about 2 or 3, and then wakes again at 5.30-6. But we have his sleeping pattern during the day nailed now. 1.45-2hrs after he wakes, at the first sign of tired, we put him into his cot and he passes out no problemo. 40mins to the dot of sleep

Oh and his blonde hair is coming through thick and fast. I'm thinking "alright " - all his male cousins have very blonde hair

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been MIA for a while, this working and being a mum thing is hard work!!

Happy Father's Day for Sunday Abs, I hope you had a lovely day.

Mum21, welcome and happy birthday, sounds like your little man is a very good boy, quick labour and lots of sleep!!

Bel, sorry to hear about your losses! We really must organise a Perth catch-up!!

Theresa - I hope they can fast track Em and get her better soon!

Well Tyron is doing great, he is still sleeping really well and is growing fast!

I have finally updated my website with some photos of the not so little man!

Well love to Jacci, KellyW, KelliC, Sushee, Amanda and all the other ladies I have forgotten!

oh lisa hi! i was going to ask u if u can email me [email protected] where u got Tyron's tuxedo from! getting Nixon christened in a few weeks and need to find something.
    just checked your website, Gosh Tyron is such a cutie, vrey nice pics indeed!
    Amy- yeah as abs said no TMI in here! we all experienced the not so pleasant parts of child birth, im glad Declan was healthy when he was born and came when he did

Nickers, I have snet you an email with the web address, the tuxedo is just so cute, I love it!!!

Thanks, I think Tyron is cute, but then he is mine so I am biased!!!

Hope all the daddy's had a great fathers day.

Theresa, hope those answers come soon, poor lil Em.

Welcome Amy & Happy B'day. Another Declan, cool. Lucky he came out on time for u.

Amanda, congrats. OMG 4 days, was that actual labour or is she counting from when contractions started? Some mum's get contractions for days b4 labour starts (Sush u did didn't u?). Although that wouldn't be very nice.

Great pics Lisa. Keep the pics comin ladies.

Hey Nickers, is childbirth ever actually pleasant? hehehehe

The pixifoto came thru on Fri, in time for Fathers Day, yay. Hoping to have pic on www shortly.
    Well all the bubbies at swimming lessons went well, was only our mum's group there. Only a wimper or 2 towards the end, nothing major & all handled the dunk well. Waiting on some swimming lesson pics, 1 of the mum's brought their video camera & had teacher take 2 pics, but unfortunately half the group was already out of the pool.
    I've just about finished my birth story (finally), so will submit it shortly.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi Amy and welcome!

yeh shell, I had contractions for ages before the births of both DS2 and Charlie. In fact with Charlie, I was found to be 4 cms dilated 4 days before he arrived, thanks to regular ouchy BHs.

BTW can't wait to see the pixifoto pics of lovely little Holly. Charlie just got some done through gotcha photographers, so waiting on those myself.

Theresa, poor little Em is having a really hard time of it. But good to hear that Georgie's lovely and settled.

Abs sorry to hear that Jen is feeling like she's let Jordy down, but babies really know what they want and make it known don't they? I think she's done really well, myself!

everyone else!

As for me, I have put a video on Charlie's site that shows him rolling over. Took me ages to catch him at it, but managed to with a little help and encouragement from DS2. I have figured out that the hardest part for him was working out a technique. Still hasn't worked one out for front-to-back!

Also last night was his first night in his own room. My CHN suggested moving him away from the late night noises of the TV and the lights of our room to see if we could encourage him to return to better sleep patterns (he's gone from 10-12 hour sleeps to 1-2 hour sleeps very recently)

And (I'm a little sad to say) it looks like it's working. He only got up twice last night, so it looks like the move is going to become permanent!
    Last edited by sushee; May 11th, 2009 at 01:35 PM.

KelliC Guest

Just a quick hello to everyone, I have just got home from a week in hospital, I mentioned a few weeks back that I was having the left part of my thyroid removed, all good and making a great recovery, have all the dressings removed tomorrow and will be back to normal in a week.
    I miss bellybelly and promise to be back on reguraly in the not too distant future, I do pop in now and then to read the threads so I remain updated.
    Olivia is just beautiful and putting anything and everything in her mouth atm, we had her first professional pics done last week and they are absolutely gorgoeous(I am biased)..I will update her website very soon I promise!

Hello to Lisa, AManda, Susan, Abs, Jacci, Bel, Theresa, Sushee, Nickers, Joy, Shell and everyone else...

Love

KelliC & Olivia
    xxxx

mum21 Guest

Oh who has the other Declan, I hadn't heard of it before we found it. We found the name in a baby book and loved it. We were trying to find something with the Irish background and it went so well with James (we already had the middle name picked out to family tradition)

Amy, I think it was Bec, cant remember as details not listed on page1, doh, I remember from April Belly Buddies threads (from when we were all preggas)

I keep tryin ur www Sush but keeps failin.

Holly's pic has been added to www & birth story added to BB. Will add swimming photo(s) when get them.

Shell...it was Becky who had a declan, she ended up having him at the end of march. Good to hear that swimming went well, we are going to start abbey doing lessons soon. How did she handle going under??

SIL had regular and pretty intense contractions around 5 minutes apart for most of the 4 days, her water broke the morning of the 4th day and she had her late that night.

KelliC..great to hear that you are recovering well, and that olivia is doing so well...i really want to get some professional pics of abbey done but can't wait to see olivias.

lisa... your ears must have been burning lol

welcome amy

hi to everyone else

HI everyone & welcome Amy. I'm sure you'll enjoy chatting in here as much as we all do - although it has been pretty quiet of late...

My little man was born on Anzac Day too! But at 4am.... Everyone says how lucky he is to always have his birthday on a public holiday, until my FIL came along (he's a teacher) and said that Josiah will hate it because he'll never get an extra day off school for his birthday

Kelli - good to hear you're recovering well from your op. Hope you're 100% very soon.

nickers - congrats on nixon trying to roll - you must be so proud!

Sush - I feel your pain re: Charlie sleeping in his own room. Josiah has spent the last 3 nights in his own room I didn't want to move him yet but he's outgrown his bassinet and kept waking himself up banging his hands on the sides.

abs - on Jordan not wanting booby anymore. I have a feeling Josiah is going that way too, although I'm trying to encourage him to stay focused! Unfortunately, as one of the other girls said, once the little rascals have made up their minds, that's it! Janae was 9 months old when she woke up one morning and absolutely refused to b/f.

Professional photos - I want to get some done, but Mark reckons that he spent so much on my camera ($1800) that he can take them himself & photoshop the backgrounds etc. Personally I think I'll be waiting forever and it will never get done!

Off to bed for me. Mark's going on school camp tomorrow until Friday, so I'm going to be on my own with the 2 kids for a couple of days...should be fun.

Hi to everyone else.
    Bel
    Last edited by belgodfrey; September 5th, 2006 at 11:51 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast