Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #8

Amanda- Excellent to hear Abbey's first swim class went well!
    LOL Abs i bet that company that makes these jumpsuits & shirts gets requests for mens sizes all the time!
    Nixon was sooooooooooooooooooooooo spewey yesterday..... i think my baby is the only 6month old who needs to wear a bib all the time! otherwise we'd eb going through 5-6 outfits a day. i am sooooooooooooooooooo over this spewing.........he doesnt care about it anymore (better than it hurting him) but dh & I pretty much have to check our selves b4 we leave the house! the other day he came home from work & had his jacket folded over, he realised he had a dry spew mark on it & had to try & hide it all day!
    off to the Paed today.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Abs ROFL on getting the T-shirt in an XL. I reckon my DH would want one too if you manage to find someone to supply! PML!

Talking: Charlie looks like he's in full conversations with you. His face becomes so expressive and his mouth makes all these shapes - so I know what you mean Amanda! He too loves his dadada and his mumumum, with the odd bababab in there! Lol!

Poos yes Charlie's are still sloppy even on solids. That's coz he's mainly boobyfed 6-8 times a day still, I reckon. He only has one meal of solids a day too

Crawling: Charlie can only just commando crawl, but his best method of getting from A to Z is by rolling. This morning, I put him under the playgym and went to make my brekkie. In that 3 mins it took me to make my toast, he'd rolled himself halfway across the room!

And it must the the age for not sleeping. I'm getting up for him 3 times a night where he used to sleep through. In part I think this is probably coz he rolls all over creation when he wakes and 9 times out of 10 he cries coz he's stuck in a corner or between the railings. And that's even with a sleeping bag on.

Then at around 6am he's fully awake and there's no putting him back to sleep.

good morning ladies and gents!

Well, sorry to rub it in, but I had a FANTASTIC sleep last night. Josiah went to bed at 7, Janae at 8.30 (bit late for her, but I had missed her at work), us at 9, and slept right through! Josiah woke at 5, gave him a bottle (he holds his own now) & went back to bed and got an extra hour. I feel great, apart from a dodgy sore throat.

Solids - Tried weetbix for the 1st time today, 1/2 weetbix with lots of formula so it was really runny. He loved it, but we'll hold off for a bit longer coz he gagged a little on the tiny tiny lumps that were in it.

Nic - You're not the only one with a spewy baby, I have one too. He spewed when he was really small, then stopped, and now he's started again. It's gross and combined with the dribbling, just gets really messy.

Don't know what happened there - pressed enter to go to a new line and it saved my post. ah well

'Talking' - Mark does the same thing as you Jacci (i think it was you) and puts his hand under Josiah's chin to make him 'talk'. He thinks its hilarious. He makes the indian noises and says mama too.

Speaking of, better go, someones just woken up.

Have a great day

Bel

PS, Jacci, posting that dummy for you today
    Last edited by belgodfrey; October 18th, 2006 at 10:37 AM. Reason: hadn't finished my post!

abs Guest

morning all - glad to have provided a bit of humour with the tshirt request :P

well its finally happened. Jen called me upstairs with a fairly loud holler... Jordy was rollin back and forth of his own accord - fully both ways !!!! He has been tricking us and waiting til he could do both ways before showing us I reckon

Then Jen just called me up again... she had him sitting up in his cot - 1 arm holding himself upright with a bar of the cot, the other hand pressing the bits and pieces on the aquarium mobile

He is soooo clever. And the look on his face whilst doing this and the roll etc is just priceless - god I love working from hom

Nixon's appoint went well. we are going to wean Nixon off Zantac. he'll still spew regardless being on it or not so hopefully the pain assoc with it has gone so we can get off zantac. I mentioned to him that he doesnt seem "flexible" like most babies. To which he agreed. he wasnt too concerned & said prems quiet often are tighter (reason behing it NFI) but maybe to rotate his legs etc and push them till they are tight then gently go a tad further. Cause he cannot get his feet in his mouth, or sit with his legs like a froggy. We dont go back for another 3 months (previously had been seing him every 2)

Abs- Jordy is a very clever boy! It must be great u can be there to c when he does things for the first time
    Bel- how good do u feel when you get a good nights sleep! lets hope the kids do that for you more often then not!

Afternoon all

Nickers... thats great that Nixons appt went well. Abbey needs to wear a bib all the time too,but from dripple not spew, she can soak through one in a couple of hours. It must be frustrating not knowing why he spews. but lol at having to check yourself and DH hiding it at work.

Abs.. yay on jordy rolling and sitting..he is clever.

Bel... yay on the good night sleep, it makes you feel so much better doesn't it. I didn't have too bad a night, abbey only woke twice.

sush.. lol at charlie rolling everywhere, abbey still hasn't worked out how to do that, once she rolls to her stomach she stays there unless she falls back on her back. Also, someone mentioned about a wrap type thing that sort of wraps around them and then tucks under the mattress, stops them from rolling in their sleep and might stop him from waking so much.

Abbey has her needles tomorrow, I need to take DP cause she is too strong for me to hold. She also has her checkup on friday, so will have some updated stats. She is becoming a bit clingy to me, doesn't want to go to DP much and when she starts to get tired or grumpy just wants to cuddle with me. I don't mind, but any ideas on how to help DP settle her, in case i'm not around?

abs Guest

Amanda, all I can offer re DP, is for him to be as interactive with her as he can... ie he pick her up rather than you

As you can imagine, seeing I'm here all the time, Jordy is happy for either of us to cuddle him.... It's that bonding thing, more from the bubs side than the parental side

It'll probably be hard for a little while but she should soon realise to trust him as much as you

That's all I can think of

Hi Everyone

Bel - Thanks for sending the Dummy - I got a fairly good night sleep too - he only woke up at 6.30 which was great.

Abs - I am going to have to start doing the "this little Piggy game" i have never done it to charlie. that is great that Jordy can roll both ways - charlie can only go from back to front and thats it!

Sush - That is sensational that he can say mumumumu and dadadad - charlie hasn't got the mumumumumum bit out yet!..

Amanda - good luck for tomorrow - I make Gav come with me coz i cry everytime charlie gets needles.

Nickers - Iam in the same boat as you - If i feed charlie i have to leave a bib on him for about an hour - unfortunatly he still does the projectile spu so it goes everywere.

Theresa - can't believe little Em is 2 now! i remeber looking at photo's on your website when we first started and she was only about 14months!

We had a big thunderstorm here last night and our dog ran away - we looked everywere for her - luckily when we got up this morning she was back in the back yard - so lucky i would of been devestated if we lost her!

were is everyone!!!!!

I'm around

about to go and cook DP dinner for when he gets home, but thought i'd pop in and catch up on the goss.

That's great that your dog came back jacci.

Abs.. DP is pretty good with her, since he is home during the day he does most stuff for her. It's mainly if she is sooky. But i guess we'll keep trying. It's just easier for me to settle her if she gets worked up but i guess he should try longer.

Theresa.. hope you get your broadband sorted soon. and good luck for Georgie's needles tomorrow

Suppose i should go cook, and do ome cleaning while i have the chance

abs Guest

me here too, up later than normal. About to go to bed though... gotta make up a couple of formula bottles and turn off the lights downstairs

im here too.
    bout to head to bed though.
    DH is working tonight & wont be home till 3-4am, so i know i will hear every noise there is until he comes home but i'll be drifting in & out anyway.

You have a smart dog to come back to your yard Jacci. we had to excapees for a while. Boxer is a jumper & the husky is a digger. not once did they come back but we were lucky to get them back or find them each time. In the end we have to revert to electric fencing around the perimiter of the yard... cruel but it worked, took a few zaps to learn, now they dont go near it & we dont even have it turned on most of the time anymore.
    G/night all

abs Guest

hehe, yeah they learn quick nickers

same reasoning why a "little" peg in the ground can hold an elephant... same peg would hold them when young, they dont realise that once they are grown up and sooo much stronger they could rip that peg out in half a heart beat

Jac, you'd be pleased to know I got a sleepin this morning - til 6.10am anyway I'm still shattered though

Nicers- she never escapes but when there is lightning she will go mad to get out. Got any ideas how i can stop her from being scared of the storms???
    Aslo i am the same as you - if gav gets called out to a job inthe middle of the night then there is no way i can sleep - any little noise sounds like its someone outside to me!

Abs - You sux - hehehehehe - i had to get up about 40 times last night ( felt like 40 anyway) - but i really am glad that you got a good night sleep -you just need a couple more and then you'll be back to good!

Amanda - such a good wifey!! cooking tea and cleaning - the two things i hate the most!!! Does you DP always work nights?

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been MIA for a while, I am trying to organise Tyron's naming ceremony on Sunday, I tell you my wedding was easier than this!!

Sorry I havewn't really had time to read what has been going on, although I did read about the sleep, Tyron is sleeping from about 7 - 6:30, although Tuesday night he was up about 5 times, but he had his shots that day and was way out of sorts!!!

I can't believe how big our babies are now, Tyron is sitting by himslef (although does fall backwards after a little while!!) and he gets up on his knees and rocks, I am scared he is going to be off and crawling soon.

I hope you are all well.

Be back later, better do some real work!

I have finally updated Alexas webpage...

if you wanna see it is

http:/www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/bubbafleming/

Mitch, she is just adorable!!!

Hehehe I did try my best LOL

She is so vocal though, she has learnt how to squeal... so not funny anymore!!!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast