Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #8

Shell...how cute with the dancing. And very clever sitting up.

Jacci.. did you take pictures of charlie in his cute outfit? the nurse said to me that she finds boys worse at getting needles than girls.. makes sense if you think of how sooky they are when they are older lol (sorry abs!)

Did a fashion parade for DP when he got home with abbeys new clothes..luckily he thought they were all cute so I didn't get in trouble for buying more clothes hehe

Quick Qst... Is any other bubs doing pushups? When abbey is on her tummy she pushes up so she is just on her hands and toes with her bum right up in the air.. It looks cute. Not worried but just curious. She can get on her hands and knees too and rocks and tries so hard to crawl.

No push ups from nixon, he doesnt like tummy time so never lasts very long. i think he has forgotten that he learnt how to roll off his tummy cause now he just gets grumpy,face plants & wants me to turn him back.

Shell- LOL about leaking at work, it was probably very obvious to you though & no one may have noticed! still i know how u would have felt when u seen it lol!

my mum & dad are driving down atm. we'r going to a wedding tomorrow & staying out the night, have a babysitter looking after Nix while the reception is on. First "unkown" babysitter, hope he goes alright!! its in like a retreat place so our room is in the same location as the reception anyway (i'll prob run back & check a few times through the night!)hope everyone has a great weekend!

Amanda - it's a proven fact (through my years in dental) that the bigger the man, the bigger the sook! The bikies are the worst.

No pushups here, he just stretches to reach everything and gets angry when he can't. My lazy son won't even roll for me, although I have it on good authority that he rolls all the time at my dads house when he's there on Tues & Thurs. He does sit up on his own now for long stretches, which is great, coz he was getting so bored on his back/ tummy. When he can pull himself into a sitting position once he's fallen over, my life will be complete. (Although, so sad coz he's grown so fast - just can't win!)

Yay on the b'ball win Jacci. Janae's godfather dislocated his finger playing on Monday Night, he sent us photos on his phone - it was horrible. his finger was at 90 degree angles at both knuckle joints - like steps. I'm surprised it wasn't broken and they were able to pop it back in quite easily (after giving him a local).

K, better go get ready for the gym. Have a great morning everyone, BBL.

Bel

Bel - YUK!!! on the finger! its like when you watch RPA and you hate watching blood, but you can't look away when therecutting someone open. Iwould of had to of kept staring at his finger!
    I am the same as you - i would love charlie to be able to either roll over both ways - or b able to pull himself upinto a sitting position - coz he gets bored on his tummy and back!

Shell - hehehehe at the leaking mark! - i remember playing against a girl in netball and she leaked poor thing was so embareased. That is so cute that she is dancing - hehe

Nickers - good luck with the leaving nixon with a babysitter, as you said atleast you can run back and check on him. hope you have fun at the wedding

Just thought I'd do my 1900th post here!!!

Wow Amanda, Abbey sounds really strong, no pushups from Holly. Is it just my imagination or do boys develop at a quicker rate than girls? All the boys around Holly's age are developing much quicker, all sitting, most crawling or nearly, etc.

Have fun at the wedding Nickers.

Haha on men being sooks, hehe.

Ouch on that finger Bel, that woulda been painful for him. WTG on Josiah sitting up all on his own Bel.

Oh & yes congrats on that win Jacci. Wow, congrats on the post # thats almost double mine, hehe.

Hmm I've been trying to get Holly to sleep for the last hour, but she just won't have had her up twice now, not crying as much now just hear her making noises, have a GP aptmt for her in 30mins as rash on chin/chest getting worse, & does sound like dribble rash like GP mentioned last wk at my aptmt (receptionist said) so she'll prob just give her some cortisone cream or something.

Shell - Charlie had a rash all round his mouth from the dribble - and then his dummy would rub on it! - my doctor gave me a very mild quartozone (sp) cream only 1% it has cleared it up so well.

abs Guest

hmpf - jordy was fine with his needles - the 2month ones he was worse. And I inject 4-6 times a day too

No pushups here, and some of the others are definitely "developing" quicker than Jordy, eg rolls, situps etc, but he is doing just fine - no need to rush these things :P

We just had a triple sleep Shell - as in 3x40mins - down at 11 and up at 1pm

Pretty casual day here, nothing overly much happening bar the usual. Though waiting for Jordy to have the rest of his bottle (only had a bit) so Jen can go run some errands

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Shell, Charlie's not sitting neither has he gotten on hands and knees, only commando crawling! I don't think he's going to do anything early either! He's hitting his milestones pretty much on cue, if not a little later than normal.

Abs, yeah I know there's no rush, I was just curious.
    And those that are crawling are saying cherish them whilst they're not, hehe.

Hmmm, my hunch was right, I didn't think it was dribble rash. GP took 1 look & said it's excema on her face/chin/neck & heat rash on her belly. And the nappy rash developed at the same time. She said never put steroid creams on a baby's face, some chemists will tell you to but dont she said, so she prescribed Elidel cream (pimecrolimus), had to get govt auth for PBS as is expensive, they only give to babies on PBS apparently. Twice daily til all gone, then use zinc & castor oil cream on area (to protect from moisture/dribble).

Shell..its funny how drs have different opinions isn't it. Abbeys dr said that steroid cream isn't as bad as its made out to be. As long as its not used for a long period of time. He prescibed betnovate ointment and it was the only thing that cleared up abbeys excema on her face, but it was a last resort thing too, so if this cream works for you that is great. The main thing i found was to keep it moisturised and as dry as possible and keep her from scratching or rubbing it. Hope it clears up soon.

I have been trying to get a picture of abbeys push up all day, but she is only doing it when i don't have the camera. cheeky!

abs Guest

Amanda, trying to get that perfect shot is a real art... need to have someone else with the camera that bubs doesn't know is there, ready to take it. Once they realise hiding person is there, the chance will be gone

We've been lucky rash wise, don't think we've even had any proper nappy rash, let alone anywhere else

sorry charlie attacked the keyboard...

shell - it amzes me how babies develop differently too - i always thought girls learnt quicker - but in this group seems to be the boys.

charlie is sitting on my knee playing with my hair talking to it - he is so gentle - hasn't pulled it yet!!!

abs Guest

oh, well that is where Jordy is more developed than Charlie, Jacci

Jordy grabs Jen's and wont let go !!

I'm about due for another #1 soon - still not long enough for him to grab though

Hi guys, starting a new thread for you Here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678