Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #12

Jen - if your nappies need covers, then go for wool. The wool absorbs the urine and allows it to evaporate, and they don't need washing every time (sounds gross, but put them in the sun if damp and all good) due to the lanolin in them. PUL covers are good for wearing clothes over, and fleece is sorta like wool but does trap the smell.

Yay Jen re the playgroup!

Hi!

Happy Birthday Kaz! Glad you had a great night! Yeah at Pip sleeping through! Thats fantastic! What a b'day pressie!!
    Wow, thats amazing that they only do cloth nappies!! Great! I'm sure you'll both do really well!

Jen - I agree completely with having a break!! I'm getting to that point now - especially with the 2 - that I'd love to have a break to myself every so often...I wish I had family around (that was available)
    I might need to start sending dh out with them on the weekend just to give me some chill out time. I think I've had 1 x 2-3 hour block since Louis arrived where I've been without kids and not working (and not out) iykwim? Just at home with time to myself....
    At the same time I suppose in a blink they'll be off to school and I'll have plenty of time! LOL! But we always manage to fill it up - probably with more work!

Kids are good - we went to the park this morning - I wasn't there at the time but my SIL said that Dylan stood up on his own without holding on to anything from sitting! OMG!!! I definitely wouldn't have though he could do that yet!!

Chat later!

Hi ladies,

Well I have had a busy busy week, with going back to pra 3 days and having appointments with my boss for when I go to work in a month or so and dr's appointments and an ultrasound. All is well with bubba and it is due on the 15th of August.
    Lily had been pretty good, better sleeping and eating, back to a more normal pattern, se even got a couple of 8hr stints out of her for a few nights, wooohoooo!!! She's a crawling machine and has been getting into absolutely EVERYTHIGN!!! She's got bruises from head to toe...she's trying very hard to stand up and is begining to crab crawl, she looks so funny. She's saying lots of things now- mum, mumma mummy...any version of 'mum' there is, especially when she's crying, she also says dada, bubba, good girl (more like gooh guh- her own version of it!), uh-ah (as in no, iykwim ), and nanan (as in nana). She also claps, waves to anyone in sight, puts her hands up and says yayayy!!, blows kisses, pokes her tongue out and gives high fives!!! She's such a cack and I'm so proud of her, I think she's so clever (but show me a mummy who doesnt' think their baby is the most beautiful/clever/funny little thing in the world )...enough of my rambling.

No time for personals, I have to rummage up some dinnr for myself out of, well nothing much...we haven't been shopping for three weeks I don't kmow what I'll have!

Ok gotta go , will do personals later, tomorrow, hello everyone, Happy Birthday Kaz and I hope you and your bubs are all well

Hi!

Kel - Wow! What a clever girl you have there!!! To be able to say all those things is amazing! I think we're a way off Dylan talking yet...he's said mumum a couple of times but I think it must have been unintentional! Also with Louis talking all the time he's lucky to get a word in! LOL!
    Yay on having your due date! How exciting having an u/s done! OOh makes me all clucky again! Hehe.
    Anyway, glad your well and Lily's sleeping better for you!

Chat later!

Hi Girls,
    Gee Kel you have a mini genius on your hands! She is amazing! August, how exciting! You say it n such an offhand manner now, such a pro and all that, well lets hope he or she is as smart as Lil!
    Kaz - thanks for the cover advice, I am having lots of leaks at the mo, he is in a shaped nappy and fleece cover with a booster at the moment so lets see....I put him down for his nap this morning in aio and he only slept for 10min wich is unusual - I wonder if he felt uncomfy? I will investigate wool, I have been doing the angel wing fold and have discovered the wee wuns site (can i say that here? eeks!) which is awesome - sometimes i wish i had more mum friends, why did it take me so long to get onto cloth????
    Kris - you need a break girl! Just do it, say seeya to DH and do get a pedi or something tomorrow ok!? What about Dylan standing! Watch out!
    Ok check ya!

Hi!

Well, we've had dramas here this morning! lOL. Louis skidded his 4 wheeler on his toe (don't ask - just trust that it can happen - hehe) and made it bleed (his first injury - not bad for over 2yo) so had to get the savlon and bandaids out - he's now milking it lying on the couch with his foot on a pillow and got to eat his s/w in the couch and have a cup of choccy milk! hehehe. When I ran Lous inside I left Dylan outside just for a couple of minutes and when I returned he'd climbed half up our steps - OMG!! Little bugger! If he'd have fallen he would have been in big trouble as it's pavers....
    Anyway...
    Jen - No breaks tomorrow! Dh is working and I've got a special Body shop party at my house for National party day! Maybe Sunday...???

Chat later!

Hi All,
    Hope you are going well. Not a great deal happening here. The moo is still waking overnight and it looks like she'll be getting some more bottom teeth...and shes still so gummy up the top its cute. Shes started doing a few things like sucking her cheeks in and making fish lips and lately shes got this new laugh/smile.....looks like shes going to take after her daddy and smile with her front teeth(iykwim).
    Am doing a quickbooks course next week so I can help DF with the business (and hopefully get some cash). Also again thinking of going back to work sooner rather than later as our wedding is starting to add up.
    Heres wishing for a full night sleep. Take care
    Love Melissa

Jen - come into the cloth thread!

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=57181

(and yes, you can say it! I visited the WeeWuns yesterday!)

Kel - how gorgeous! We now say "Pip" at him and he does a "Peh" sound back! plus mum, dad, ba (bottle)

Mel - ughs re the overnight wakes - we're getting up 2 or 3 times overnight now.

Kris - sounds like an interesting injury!

anyhows, i'm off. ciao!

OMG, how [email protected] is tv tonight??? I was looking forward to lazing on the lounge for a while tonight and being a sloth, but there is absolutely NOTHING on!!!
    I am sooo tired so I will probably just end up having a shower and going to bed. Lil has been a bit of a devil this arvo, just sooking and whinging for no apparent reason. She's had 3 bottles in about 5 hours!! And will not eat her dinner. She has been with mum all day though while I've been at prac, so I think shes just been missing me. I find she sooks for me when I've been working...yes, very nice to be loved, but when I'm tired and grumpy and just want to veg on the lounge, it's not so lovely or cute! When she's at mums she won't drink her bottles either, and will only eat food. It's like she will only take a bottle from me. Especially during the day, even when she's with DH, I still have to give her her bottles. At night she's not so fussy, but during the day...
    Well I had toast for dinner for the third day in a row. Disgusting huh?? I jsut can't be bothered cooking for myself. And I only have $20 until Thursday to my name so take away was out of the question. I might have a cup a soup now...mmm especially in this cool weather we're having in Sydney...21 degrees out here today!

Kaz & Jen, I am converting to MCN too, though it will be a very slow process due to the cost of them...slowly but surely. I have two waiting at the post office for me which I will pick up tomorrow. I have forgotten what I ordered now though...what can I say- baby brain! I'm excited, hehehe!

Kris I hear you on having a break too. I can only imagine with 2...though I will know about it soon, LOL! I so need some time alone, I would love to have the house to myself for a while, even if I end up cleaning, at least it will be in peace
    I can't believe how clever Dylan is with his standing and walking!! He's gonna be on the go before you know it! What a clever little man.
    Yep, I think lil Lil's pretty clever too. I won't be able to shut her up soon. All I do now is try to teach her new words, and soon I wiil be telling her to be quiet, hehehe It's always the way, huh??
    As for her sleeping, I spoke too soon, as always...she was up four time last night, grrr! Needless to say, my eyes are hanging out of their sockets!
    Poor old Louis with his toes, I hope they're all better now, I'm sure all of the choccy milk helped! And he's starting early being a male drama queen...he'll have it down pat in no time, LOL!
    I hear you on the climbing steps, Lil is almost there and my mum has a sunken lounge room with a few steps down into it, she can almost get up them. When she does it someone will have to be on permanent stair duty cause she loves to get up into the dining room and kitchen, where noone is to watch her get into things she shouldn't!

Jen, hehe, at least I sound confident about it all, cause that's about as far as it goes! I'm still pretty nervous about the 2 under 16mths thing. But I'm sure when it comes to it, I will figure it all out...I will have to won't I!

Mel, my symapathies to you on the sleepless nights. I thought by now they would have it all sorted huh? Oh well .It' must really hurt them to have thier teeth growing. I ended up giving Lil her magic medicine tonight- Nurofen. No joking withing 5 mins of giving her a dose, she's as happy as Larry!! I hope you have a better night tonight. And us too!
    How cute with her fishy lips. You'll have t try to catch her mid fish lips and get a pic for us to see!
    I'm going back to work sooner too- in February, once I finish my prac. Mostly cause of being pg and needing the money, but since doing prac, I have realised how nice it is to be with adults and how much I really do enjoy working. Part time is great, I don't think I could do full time just yet cause I still love coming home and spending the majority of my time with lil Lil, but some time out of the house without her has been really good.

Hello to everyone else, I hope you are all going well.
    Happy weekend!!

Good Rainy Morning all,
    Just been to the DVD store - the ultimate entertainment for days like today....
    Kris - mmm yes you need tomorrow off! Even if its just for coffee.
    Kel - 20 to your name sounds familiar - I didnt get paid this week so it will be a lean one too! Thats awesome you are mCN'ing! Tell us which ones you got - I was bidding on ebay for some baby beehinds before. Hey lil sounds like Beau, he will only take bottle from me too sometimes, what fuss pots, he is at the climb mummys legsand whinge phase too. Overall he is ok tho, it does get a little bit taxing tho the clingon ness!
    Mel - LOL at fish lips -I hear you on weddings, I look back on ours, I dont know who I was kidding! I am still paying it off, 5yrs later!
    Kaz - I think i will! I am keeping the tally like you said on the big blackboard in our kitchen where I can see it, its strangely rewarding - but its wet here in Sydney - oh no!
    Have a great saturday all, have fun with the bubbas! I love making B laugh, especially to see his gappy front pegs coming down, so cute!
    x

Hey all,
    Yay, last night Olivia slept from about 10pm til just after 6. Pitty I fell asleep watching the tennis, but I did get 6 hours uninterrupted..I love it
    Well, I am busy getting invites ready...and we decided that we are going to have a small honeymoon, just something locally as opposed to spending heaps and going o/s (we already have been o/s together).
    Must go, Olivia is pooing
    Have a good day
    Love Melissa

Hi!

Dylan only had 2 x 45min sleeps all day yesterday!! Less than Louis! And decided he'd be up at 5.55am this morning...crazy!
    He took 3 steps yesterday!!! Held up his toothbrush and he went running! LOL!

Melissa - Sounds like a great idea doing the quickbooks course!! Thats great olivia slept so well last night! How exciting getting everything organised - a local holiday sounds great!

Kaz - Wow Pip sounds like he's doing great with his words!! Yeah!

Kel - I wish you were nearby - I'd come over and cook you some dinner! LOL! I hope you're going to eat some veggies tonight!! You've got to keep your energy up!
    It is hard when they want you so much and you're tired! Trust me - it doesn't last long - you'll be asking for cuddles before you know it! hehe.
    The bottle situation is hard though...Maybe when someone else it feeding her she could have it out of a cup and just have drinks of it over 30min or something??? When Dylan has formula now I give it to him in a cup...
    It certainly is nice to be around adults sometimes!!!

Speaking of feeding....is anyone still bf?? I am...Dylan's on 3 bf's a day now...I'm looking forward to weaning I must say but it will be sad at the same time iykwim??
    He's 9mo old today so he's got 3 months to go! (unless he weans beforehand...)
    I'll probably start him on a bit of cows milk in the next month on his cereal and see how he goes! I've got about 1/2 tin of formula left so I don't really want to buy another one as it's just for cereal...

Jen - I'm with you on the dvd's! My friend lent me season 2 love my way so I'm dying to sit down and watch it! It goes for 12 hours though so it will probably take me a year! LOL!
    No time off today...dh didn't get the job finished so he's off to work in the rain this morning so no family day...no time out... Oh well - thats life! LOL!
    Dylans a major clingon at the moment as well...especially in the afternoons leading up to dinner - drives me nut! LOL! Luckily dh is mostly home to deal with him and Louis so I can get dinner organised!
    OMG at still paying your wedding off - wow it must have been awesome!!! We spent about $3000 on mine all up! LOL! It was still really nice though...we just didn't invite many people!

K - better go and have a shower - I'm having a lazy morning! Chat later

Hey there,
    what a crappy day in sydney, days like this i wished i had a car.
    We got some door catches and power point saftey things yesterday to stop enquiring Beau...he has a weird thing about his head atm, he is obsessed with it! Shakes it from side to side, loves being dropped on the bed so his head hits the pillows...hits on anything! The floor, the oven, the tv cabinet! So strange...
    Mel thats great you guys are having a honeymoon - my mum is sitting for us on Friday night and we are going out for dinner and i am excited about that!
    Kris - love my way is the ultimate! The best show ever! love love love! No bfing here unfortunately, you are doing so well, I hear you on the clingon central in the arvo, he is all out of whack today tho, DH woke him up getting his work clothes at 6:15am, then he went back to sleep at 8:20, then up at 10:00am now he has just dropped off again.
    I think he is finally going to drop a sleep, but it will be the arvo one, so he is up from about 1, or 2pm till around 6, 6:30. He goes down early so I guess thats fine, the arvos are devoted to him however, so I best go and wash some nappies while he is asleep!
    Take care, its quiet around here....
    x

CAnt do personals, I have Phoebe sitting on my lap trying in vein to corrupt the keyboard but just had to say YAAAAAAAAAY we are back to normal sleeping/ and she has started to wave hello and bye AND she was bopping along to Ragg s the kids show this morning.

Hi all,

No time for personals, but I just thought I'd drop in to tell you that all is well with us. I managed to get 11 hrs sleep last night cause DH was on baby duty. I still heard her of course, but I didnt need to get up which was nice. I had to work today and DH had Lil.
    I got my first cloth nappy today- a cute tooshies. It's soooo soft and beautiful!! I wish I had have started with them earlier. Considering they are all so gorgeous . I am still waiting for the cover and another nappy froma a different place though so can't really use it just yet...but I can't wait, who would have thought I would get so excited over a nappy??
    Well that's it from me, must go do dinner, just hot dogs tonight, though like my friend does them, with tomatoes, cheese,onions and avocado, and with frankfurts from the deli, so much nicer mmm,mmmm!! I love them, it's the only way I'll eat them now!
    Ok I hope everyone is well, will come back tomorrow, or maybe later if I'm still awake and write some more. Taa tah!!

Hi!

Not much from me today...went and did food shopping today - how exciing! hehe. Although Louis had his first trip to the shops in undies and did really really well! I'm so proud of him!

Jen - LOL at Beau and his head! The things they find amusing hey! So is he having 3 sleeps a day still? Will be great for you guys to head out Fri night! We're going out Thursday night - I'm not sure what we'll do yet - maybe just movies or dinner or both! Would be nice to do something a bit different but we're a bit boring - LOL!

Tiffanny - Yeah!! Glad to hear you guys are going so well - what a clever little girl!

Kel - Yeah on getting a big sleep - thats fantastic!! Hopefully you'll get some more energy soon as well with 2nd trimester soon on it's way! Wow - how fast is that going?? Enjoy your hotdogs!

I'm thinking I might have a bath tonight and curl up in bed with a book...aaaahhh bliss!

Chat later!

Hi ladies!

Well yesterday we got Pip some sandals to wear at the wedding ... I've been sewing nametags onto Pip's hat / snuggletoy and other clothes ... he starts childcare on Wednesday

cloth nappy meetup tomorrow! WOOHOO!

Jen - usually they drop the afternoon sleep I've been told Enjoy your nappies!

Kel - make sure you wash any new nappies at least 6 times to get the fibres to absorb .. if you're just letting her play on the floor, you won't need a cover .. line dry ... use only half as much detergent as you normally would ... Woohooo on the sleep! Last time DF tried to do that for me, he fell down the stairs holding Pip.

Mel - I know what you mean, we're only going to Cape Schank RACV resort for 3 nights (mornington) for less than the cost of just getting to Tassie! Are you taking missy-moo with you? Or not? A g/f of mine took her bub on her honeymoon and sorta regrets not having "us time" My mum & dad are looking after Pip ...

Kris - well-done on Louis! Enjoy your 'lazy' day - hope you manage to watch some S&tC !

Tiffany - isn't it the cutest, but still the most annoying?

Us - a g/f from MG came over to watch Pip while I cleaned (moved boxes into the ceiling). Her little boy and Pip had great fun chasing my cat around the living room (the cat just kept coming back for more!) He's been asleep since around 8:30 (a new record) but I've been naughty and bringing him into bed with us in the mornings when he wakes up.

Found a pattern for a sleeping bag, might try to whip one up tomorrow, I have some flannelette (old sheets!) I can use. Pip got his head stuck in his sheet while we were showering the other morning, poor little thing cried himself hoarse, I didn't hear him at all. DF went in and found his head wrapped in his sheet and he'd stopped crying, had worked himself up so much he'd soaked his sleeping sack thingy with sweat. Poor little thing. Took me ages to calm him down.

Dream pretty ladies!

Hi ladies,

no personals for me just a quick one as have a friend's daughter ova for the morn and she is a bit more high maintenance.
    well i can finally see one of luke's top teeth, it hasn't cut thru yet but shouldn't be too far - 4 months with just 2 teeth is a long time. i don't think i can imagine him with more teeth lol

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast