Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #16

Heya

Kris- youve just moved house...I dont think I would be too organised either. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday. I can picture your Christmas tree...i think ours will be bare again. Last year Olivia only got a xylophone from us because i knew she would get loads from our families...and shes the first grand child on my side, so she did get a bit. I havent even thought about this year. Its funny coz we just get it as we want it. Like I just got her a junior trampoline with a handle. At the moment its in the lounge, so when shes watching tv, she can burn some energy!!! Oh and she loves her gadget box. Once we have finished day care next week, I will concentrate on her toddler bed. She took herself to it last night and dh and I just giggled, so she headed to her cot!!! Cheeky monkey.

Kaz- yep they drive you nuts some times and its even harder when you just dont get what they are trying to say.

We have a new appointment at the orthopaed clinic to review olivias hips. November 6th. Hopefully we get the all clear. I am packing myself. I have this fear of having her to have further treatment...which would be more than likely surgery, and having my new baby in a pavlik harness. I am fearing the worst and its probably irrational, but it scares me. But at the same time, I would rather get her hips checked out now than May next year. Its only a month away but feels like forever.

Am going away this weekend to Maldon to see Adams grand parents and his great grandma, who is about 95 and has started to give away her belongings. To me that means the end is near..morbid I know, so we havent seen her since Olivia waas 5 weeks old. We are also doing the bonfire before bushfire season takes hold. Last time I did some back burning up there I didnt put it out properly...ooopppss. Luckily the neighbour is part of the cfa and was on his property at the time. dont think they'll let me light anything!!!!

Ok, got to finish the bookwork and start packing. Have a great weekend

Hi ladies,

Jen, the symptoms for Lily's ears that I really noticed were that she was really off balance and falling over alot, as well as her pulling and poking at them. She'd been pulling them for ages but I put that down to teething, but when she started falling over all the time, I took her to the dr. The ENT said that glue ear has few symptoms and can be asymptomatic. So she'd had it for a fair while before I picked up on it
    Lucky you with Beau sleeping til 7, I wish Lily would sleep til 6! She's still waking at 5am even with Day light savings now...I am sooo not a morning person. And put together with gettingup to her once or twice a night as well as feeding Liam 2-3 times a night I'm barely sleeping, averaging about 4 hrs a night. It really sucks!

Mel, you're good having your hossy bags packed already, I didn't do mine til about 38wks with Liam!
    We have just brought Lily a bed, I don't know how we're going to go though she's been a bi upset just with it in her room and the furniture moved around.
    I hope Olivias hips are ok. And I'm sure bub will be fine. She's a different bub to Olivia!! But if it does happen you will be fine. You just do what has to be done.
    Hope you had a nice weekend away.

Kaz, I usually bath Lily every 2nd day, and that's only cause I have to wash her hair! But she's developed a big phobia with the bath lately and needs coaxing to get into it.

Kris, happy bday to Louis! Wow he's getting so big. I love 3, it's such a lovely age where they are so curios and are learning to be so independant!

As for us, well we are still struggling with sleeping. DH has had night shift the past few nights and last night he went out and stayed at his friends place for the night. Of course those are the nights the kids play up...the other night I went to bed at 10.30 but didn't manage to actually get to sleep til 3am, then Lil was awake at 5am. 2 hrs sleep....about 6 in 48hrs. I am soooo tired, but I think I'm getting insomnia cause when I try to go to sleep for a nap, my mind won't stop and I just can't sleep, thinking that one of the kids will wake soon anyway, so why bother?
    Liam has been pretty good these past few days, except last night, he was really unsettled for hours, just screaming. I'm pretty sure he had wind cause he was farting like no tomorrow through the night! He's getting really big and is definately out of 000's now. He's smiling all the time and is trying very hard to chat, it's so cute to watch.
    Lily is being really cheeky, both cute cheeky and naughty cheeky. She's ben biting DH and I a bit, as well as hitting and scratching. I don't know what made her start it, but it's getting tiring saying 'no' to her all the time. She's pushing boundaries alot lately. To be expected I guess....
    Ok gotta go, hope everyone is well and had a great weekend!

Hi everybody! I don't have my glasses today - I think I've lost them somewhere - so I won't do personals as it's hard for me to see what I'm doing!

We're doing well - Ben's got three of his eye-teeth and the fourth is almost through - yay! He's staying with my MIL today and yesterday and for Mon and Tues next week while my folks are away. I had a bit of a breakdown on Sunday night crying about it because he doesn't have the same attachment to her as he does to my mum and I felt guilty about leaving him where he wasn't totally happy. Talk about pg hormones running riot!

Anyway, we're all well. I'm off work for the rest of the week again, so I might not be around again for another week! Take care!

Hi All,
    Its is absolutely p***ing down here! What a yuck day! Beau is off napping about an hour earlier than usual cause he was bored inside and wanted to go out - his last molar is bothering him too so gives me a break- dont know what we can wreck when he wakes up....
    Kel - Wow at Lily being upset at her furniture moved around - I move everything in our house and Beau's room constantly - I dont think he would bat an eyelid if he slept in the kitchen he is so used to me! Thanks for the info on the glue ear symptoms - I wanted to know cause they do pull and prod them alot dont they? Tough one for you to pick up on.
    Ick at the no sleep - hugs to you - I got like that after Beau - couldnt sleep even if I had the chance - I did a meditation introduction and that really helps. If you like I will PM you what to do? Its easy and helps chill you out.
    Mel - Hey try not worry about the new bubbas hips - It most likely wont even happen, and you cant change it if it does so try not to obsess over it. I hope our Christmas is a bit better than last year, we had no money and Beau didnt get much from us either. and DH and I were a bit funny around that time too so it was a bit ordinary all around. I get things for Beau all the time too, so he certainly doesnt miss out! Olivia's tramp sounds great. Hope your DH's GG enjoys seeing Olivia again.
    Dis - Ben will be ok - he sounds so resiliant and confident. at your PG hormones - at least you have that excuse! Mine is just PMT - no where near as good!
    Us - Beau said Banana this morning for the first time and just last night started identifying in his books when I say where is the "truck" "juice" "jeans" etc and he points! - his dad was well impressed when we showed him
    Should do something really....
    x

Hi!

Louis had a great party on Sat! The weather was great and he really enjoyed himself - got lots of great pressies as well! LOL! It was a big day though! On Sunday we headed over to the beach in the arvo so the boys had a fun paddle in the water - Dylan managed to find $2 in the sand the little scavenger! LOL! Yesterday we had a birthday party over at Melton so that was a big drive but the boys had fun as it was at the pools...Today I'm being super super lazy...I'm buggered - I fell asleep on the couch last night at 9.30pm! LOL!
    I've got girlfriends over for dinner tonight so I'm making home made pizza - yum!

Jen - Your christmas sounds like it's going to be fantastic - I always have good intentions but the craft sides are not my strong point - LOL! I think I originally ordered the bath crayons from a toy catalogue but ours have had it so need to get more...I'm sure I've seen them around just not sure where...shall let you know!
    Yeah at Beau recognising words and saying banana!

Mel - If you know she's getting stuff off everyone else then I don't think it makes much difference anyway...I'm only giving them one big present each off Santa (and the tramp) and the rest are from Michael and I - there's no way Santa's getting all the credit - LOL!
    I actually avoid giving them things other than b'days/xmas (other than small bits and pieces and of course books) as I don't want the constant nagging for things. It's working so far as we can go to the shops and Louis will look at things, press some buttons but know we're not taking it home...
    Good luck with the appt with Olivia...I don't blame you for being worried but hopefully she'll be fine!!
    Hope you had a nice weekend away!

Kel - Big hugs with the lack of sleep - I can completely understand where you come from with not being able to get to sleep even though your so tired - I went through the same thing after having Dylan...try and find a relaxation technique that works for you - it can make all the difference! and yep - I reckon the kids play up when dh is away as well...so frustrating!
    I'm sure the biting and scratching is developmental...Dylan was hitting but seems to have settled down a bit other than when he's tired and we tell him off...then he lashes out at us...he doesn't hit anyone else then dh and I though...and sometimes Louis. Persistance is the key as tiring as I know it is!
    Wow - Liam sounds like he's growing fast - it's amazing how quickly the time goes!!

Dis - Sorry to hear about you being upset over leaving Ben...just think of it as a good time for him to form a bond!! I understand where you're coming from though...Yeah at having the rest of the week off!

I'm so lazy...haven't even had a shower...gosh I must get organised...chat later!

well for something different, Pip's ill again. A Virus. Again. ARGHH. This time though he's not drinking, so dry nappies. I'm giving him anything and everything to get fluids into him! Needless to say, I'm working from home today. Supposed to have a phone hookup from 3pm so that should be interesting.

DG - have realised that Pip's asking "what" when he says "dat". So have started explaining to him (thankyou!)

Bath Crayons - I think I saw some at Adairs Kids (knox city) and possibly myers as well.

Mel - oooh getting closer!!!!

Us - well other than the virus, Pip's climbing everything. And kissing and hugging me more. Wasn't expecting the tonguey today though (ughs). Am loving the sling we have - took hiim in it to the docs, then to nip out to get some groceries on the way home. And thought "why not lunch?" so used the sling to tie him into the highchair!

He's taken a shine to one of his old wraps and refused to leave the house without it this morning, no idea why? Looks very cute though, with his blue bear & green wrap dragging behind him. And he knows what I mean when I say "get the wrap"! Very fixated on his shoes as well, putting them on & off.

hey all, i had a great weekend away and Olivia loved getting dirty and going exploring too. She was a bit unsteady on the rocky ground and ened up with quite a few dents in her legs!! Loads of splinters too! Shes such a funny kid, the crows were singing in the trees in the morning and she'd shout out baby waa waa!!! She was sick on Sunday night around 1am she threw up all over me and kept going for an hour. I was naked, so I had it everywhere and theres no running hot water or shower and no electricity. We had a little light and had to boil the water...needles to say we stank and so did the cabin!! Thankfully we went into town the next day and had showers and grandmas!!! Then Adam got sick with the runs yesterday, so its been a treat!

Kel- hope youre getting a bit more sleep. Love the pic in your ticker, Liam is getting so big. DH said to me last night that maybe we should have done a refresher course with the parenting classes coz he cant remember what to do with a little baby!! Cute, then I started to think...I cant remember either, but hopefully it will come back!!! I'll just jump on here and ask for advise.

Dis- hope you found your glasses, enjoy the rest of the week off. I would be emotional too about leaving Olivia with someone different. Actually on Friday night we went out for Adams ice hockey presentation night and left her with BIL and SIL who have two of their own, but I was almost crying leaving her...just anxiety I think on my behalf.

Jen- thats so cool B is saying stuff. Hope you werent too bored in the rain. Its funny how you change stuff around all the time. I really find that meditation helps with sleep too and birth!!!!

Kristie- Sounds like a great weekend for you, no wonder youre tired. Rest up. Hope you had fun with your g/fs for dinner.

Kaz- sorry that Pip is unwell again. Lol at the toungey....isnt he cute.

Oh I better go....getting the dog clipped and need to be there now!!!!

Hi!

Kaz - Oh poor Pip...Hope he's feeling better today! LOL at the big kisses and him loving his wrap..very cute!

Mel - Yeah at a great weekend other than the vomitting...how awful...

Well, I just feel super tired - then realised I haven't taken my multi-vitamins or iron tablets since we moved...not a smart move at this stage...so I'd say it's all just catching up with me!
    Had a nice dinner last night - the boys were really good and it was great to catch up with my friends.
    Better dash...off to my hospital appt shortly...the boys are going to have a play at Cindy's while I go which will be nice for them to burn off some energy...I've been feeling a bit guilty cos I haven't been doing all that much with them lately...

Chat later!

Hi all.

I know has been ages yet again probably wondering who I am lol..don?t really have an excuse this time for mia?.i should try and get on more often I saw that you met up at knox awhile ago would have loved to have met some of you?

Kristie-how did the move go have you settled in?all the boxes unpacked?I must admit we moved house 3 years ago and the other day while in the garage I came across a few box that have not been unpacked yet lol

Disgirl-I never found out what we were having I like the surprise although I am a very impatient person lol?..is ben sleeping better

Jen-hope you have settled in now?where did you move to?

Melissa- I know it has been ages but what did you end up doing about the day care?a friend of mine is having hassles with the day care where her ds goes apparently they are not feeding him proply giving a 1 y.o soup to eat which I can not imagine how at that age they could get any in there mouth?hope the appt at the orthopaed goes well

Kel-how is the sleeping going at your place?

Kazbah-how?s pip going today?

Us- well James has gone through a hitting and biting stage which I am trying very hard to curb ASAP?his sleep has finally got better will now fall asleep by himself without me rocking the cot for hours on end..and also now only wakes up once a night instead of 4 + times?have also sorted Tash out as she was out of control and now thanks to my new discipline style she listens to everything I say..am hoping I can say te samething next week lol..well dinner is burning so I better get going?.hope everyone else is doing well and hi to everyone I missed

Goodness Von, I only just realised Pip has stopped biting!

Apparently he's a lot better today, DH says he's full of energy It all depends on whether the snot stops!

Ack, I'm still at work ..

Hi!

Von - Great to hear from you! Glad the kids are well and that James is sleeping much better! You've gotta love kids listening to you - hope it lasts!
    I'm well...nup - we've still got heaps to unpack but dh is a bit slack in that department, I can only pack what he brings in for him so I'm forever nagging for some more boxes...LOL! We've settled into the house though and we're all loving the space!

Kaz - Urrgghh at being at work so late...glad to hear Pip seems to be on the mend!

Had my appt today - was in and out in 10min which is good! All is going well...bubs is still head down ready to go, blood pressure fine...I suppose really it could be any time now but I'm feeling like I won't go early...I'm not over it yet anyway so I'd really like him to stay put for another few weeks to get a a bit more sorted out!

Hope you're all well!

Hey Von,

good to hear from you again. Glad the kids are sorted and that James is sleeping better.

With day care, we are supposed to finish up this week, but today i went there and the lady asked if I wanted to do Fridays. I initially thought...stuff you coz she basically told us that olivia would benefit from being at home and also her bad nappy rash, but I know how much she enjoys going and I dont really want to move her to somewhere new when we are just about to have a new edition. So I talked to dh today and we decided to acceot 1 day a week. It will be a break for me too to catch up on house work, book work and I suppose the new baby. Hopefully it will work out...if not, I'll pull her out.

Kris- glad your appointment went well. I am starting to get period pains right down low. brought some more packets of pads and tissues today Am sure I'll need those!!!
    I am huge compared to Olivias pregnancy. praying I dont get stretch marks!!!

Kaz- good to hear pips on the mend.

Well Olivia decided she was tired and has gone to bed earlier...by 15 minutes. I have had my cup of tea and chocolate and feel ill!!! So am going to lay on the couch and dose. Take care.

Hi girlies,

Well, Lily has turned into a little feral!!! My goodness she has kept me on my toes these past few days! Yesterday I was changing Liams nappy and she was sitting on the lounge watching In the night garden, and I turned around and there she was standing on the back of the lounge!!! She scared the life out of me, she was watching the cars saying 'car, car, car' and pointing at them. I screamed at her to get down and she just crumbled her legs a fell off. She thought that was hilarious, I was so scared nearly threw up! THEN!!! Later when I was making dinner, I strapped her into her highchair (one that attaches to the table) and gave her some textas and her scrap book to try to keep her occupied for a while. I was chopping up veggies for a stirfry, I was listening to her but not actually looking, she was just talking to herself. I figured she couldn't get up to much STRAPPED into her chair....well how wrong I was when I looked at her there she was sitting on the table, drawing on the rubbish bin. Yes our rubbish bin has to live on the dining table so that my little angel doesn't make everything dissappear into it!There were so many other things yesterday! Today, she nearly suffocated Liam cause I thought DH had her and DH thought I had her! Mind you I told him to watch her for half an hour while I got things ready for their baths! The only way I knew she was with him was cause he screamed bloody murder! I walked into my room and there she was leaning over his head (his head in her tummy), with her head on his tummy and she was patting him, hugging him, how could I get angry???!!! Arrrrgggghhhh, she's driving me insane, I can't keep up with her!

Mel, yucko @ the vomit, that's gross!! But glad you had a good w/end.
    Yep, I love the pic in my ticker too, it's the only one I have of the two of them both looking at me with a decent expression on their faces, LOL! And yep Liam is getting HUGE! I weighed him today and he's 6.4kg!! He's already into 00's!
    LOL @ not remembering how to parent a new bub. It will all come flooding back, don't worry. You have flashbacks you forgot all about!! And it is easier second time, you kinda know how to do most of it.

Kris, take care of yourself hun, you're pg with two babies!!!! Have a rest for a day! You energy puts me to shame and I'm not pg with two babies!
    Glad to hear bubs is going well, not long to go now!

Von, hows things?? Good to hear from you. Sleep, what's sleep??? I dont remember! With two now, things are pretty hit and miss with sleeping. Most days I get about 5hrs, days when DH works its usually less . Anyway who needs sleep?? LOL!
    We're having biting and hitting problems here too, but it's probably the result of having Liam I guess. And she's getting frustrated cause she can't talk yet too!

Kaz, glad to hear Pip is better.

Hi!

Mel - I hope the c/c decision works out for you all as well! I had pre-labour with Dylan from about 34w and still went to my due date so you just never know...Since we've moved I haven't really had anything...Have now started raspberry leaf tablets and will get dh to blow up the fitball soon...All the pains now though will mean a quicker labour for you hopefully!
    Hope you have a good snooze!

Kel - LOL at Lily being a terror - although I'm sure it's not funny at the time...They certainly are busy bees at this age...since moving to this house Dylan can open all the cupboards so we're constantly telling him off for that...
    Wow at Liam being so big already!!
    LOL - No time for rest! hehehe. Nah...I'm alright...the funny thing is the more I try and chill out the more demanding and troublesome the boys are anyway so there's no point really!

Chat later...

Kaz-great to hear Pip is feeling better I am sure that will make your life a lot easier..when my kids are sick it just feels like I never get a second to myself..lol

Kristie-You have to nag more then lol..i am apparently according to dh the worlds best nagger lol?

Melissa-Wow that was a little rude of the lady from day care saying that Olivia would benefit from being at home?.oh and now thanks to your post I am craving chocolate and of course there is none in the house I think I am going to have to nag dh to go and buy some?lol

Kel-omg scary..a friend of mine had a similar thing happen with her new baby, her toddler sat on the baby though cause it was in her old bouncer that she used to use of course the poor baby was being suffocated?lol and here I am trying to get dh to give me another baby?

Well how?s that twice in 1 day..lol?both my dear kids are in bed thank god?they both become so naughty towards the end of the day Natasha plays up and then James copies and of course from there things get out of hand so I really look forward to this time?.

LOl...I just had ice cream after reading Mel's post...hehe.

well i told dh that i really wished we had some chocolate and he goes to the other room and comes back with a block of chocolate i nearly jumped him for it

Mmmmm, chocolate.......icecream......chocolate icecream.......*drool*

I can't eat either, it upsets Liam....

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast