Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #2

oh guys...Mason had another bad night but was better than the one before. Mum snuck in this morning at 6am and grabbed him so I could get 3 hours of sleep. it was bliss!!

I took him to the MCHN nurse today and he has put on 260grams this week which is good. She also said he is smiling! I thought it was wind but she is sure its a real smile?

Wow on a real smile already Danni! Its fantastic when they start smiling as I think it's the start of the good times rolling along! LOL!
    Yeah for your mum giving you a sleep! Yeah at his weight gain - your obviously doing everything right!!

Thanks so much Krisite. Its so nice to be told that and reassured

I forgot to say that he is 3cm longer than birth too! I hope he is nice and tall like is Dad!

I am booking into the day stay breastfeeding clinic to try and get him back on the breast without the shield and hopefulyl reduce my expressing.

lol caro re-read it it says i am booking not looking hehe

I have already been there once and thats when they gave me the shield. But now i am going back to get off it. Just waiting for them to return my call with a date!

Sorry to hear that you guys are having a hard time. Lil's been pretty good so far today too. She's sleeping now after trying to put her down about four times... she just doesn't like to sleep in her cradle in the day for some reason?! She's fine at night but in the day time....she doesn't sleep much aside from catnaps. Oh well, as long as she's good at night I can handle it!
    She's been feeding less today too, thankfully! Yesterday it was every 2 hours until 10:30 last night when she finally went to bed for the night. Today she's feeding more like every 3 hours.

My DH has gone out to do the groceries. It's been 3 weeks since we shopped, I don't know how we've survived! Although I was in hospital for a full week. We have nothing to eat now except rivitas and 4 slices of bread! LOL

Danni, I'm still using breast shields on and off too. I'm trying to only use it for every second feed or for half a feed, to try to toughen up my nipples, but they just don't seem to be getting used to it! She's attaching properly since I've seen the LC, so I don't know why they're still sore, maybe its just the normal pain people get? Or I'm just a wuss...that might be more like it, hehehe. They were pretty bad before though, being scabby and blistered really badly. They are better now really, and I'm lucky Lily is such a piggy and isn't fussed with using the shields or the bare nipple. Hopefully soon I can get rid of the shields. Good luck for your day visit.
    I pretty sure I got a real smile from Lil today too, twice! She's been smiling alot from birth but it's from wind, but this morning I'm sure it was a real one. I was talking to her and she gave me the biggest grin, twice. She has a dimple in one cheek, she's soo cute!! (No I'm not biased.... )
    Aren't mums the best? Mine came over the other day when I had a really bad day and she cleaned for me. I hadn't even managed to get changed myself let alone do the washing up. And then she came over and did it all.

Kristie, I can only imagine how hard it is with a toddler and a new born....your entitled to rotten days and being tired!! Does Louis still wake at night too, or does he sleep through? It would be hard to have two bubs who wake through the night.
    My DH isn't as bad as I make him sound most of the time! Though he really doesn't have a clue how hard it is for me. I'm not used to having something be so dependant on me and not being able to do my own thing when I want (as I'm sure all the new mums feel at the mo!). I like my own time and I'm used to being alone for some of the time, so this is such a big change!
    I hope Lil sleeps like that all the time too, except for the three hours awake after. She literally fed for most of that time, she must have been starving! She's pretty good really. Especially after reading about the tough times others are having.

Ok DH is home and I should help him!

Kel.

kel: im using the shield as he will not latch on properly. he cant get enough nipple in his mouth! good on you for being able to feed without it

Hi!

Danni - Good luck getting into the day stay again! I'm sure it will all go well!

Caro - Hi! How's little Michael going??

Kel - LOL on not doing the shopping! Wow on smiles already! Nup - Louis sleeps through luckily. He's woken a few times lately from Dylan crying but just needs a dummy and for us to lay him back down...so it's all easy. I know what you mean about having time to yourself. Even with Louis being the age he is we're used to having from 7pm onwards to ourselves! Which is all gone out the window for a while anyway!! I promise you'll get your time back eventually! LOL!

Chat later...

Perhaps a good nights sleep would do it Caro... hehehe.

Well Olivia put on 650gms in 2 weeks, now 3.9kgs and is 2 cms taller! yay
    Shes farting in my hand!!!!!thats cute but stinky. got to go... shes hungry

LOL at Olivia farting in your hand Melissa - Ben does that too!

I've been MIA guys, sorry but we've been so busy! Ben and I have had our first solo outting to watch DH play soccer, we've been shopping three times, visiting the grandparents and walking the dog. We were out every day for six days in a row and then I got a cold Mum came over yesterday afternoon with a suitcase packed Last night she took care of Ben when he was unsettled and I got four hours and then three hours sleep between feeds while mum stayed up with him - it was heaven! This afternoon I woke from a two hour nap to find all my ironing done - it's fantastic!

DH had gone back to work and is missing his little man SO much! When he gets home all he wants to do is cuddle him - it's adorable.

Ben had a really unsettled morning the other day (Monday I think?) and didn't settle until I whacked him in the HAB where he promptly fell asleep. I love that thing! He's been weighed a few times and is steadily putting on weight. He put on 100gms over the weekend alone. He loves his booby juice!

Sorry for no personals - mum is here again tonight and I feel a bit guilty for sneaking a few minutes on the computer!

For you girls whose DH's aren't helping out as much as you need, remind them that in some cultures the new mums aren't even allowed out of bed for six weeks and are waited on hand and foot! How boring would that be though?

Hi!

Mel - Yeah at the weight gain!

Disgirl - Bugger about getting a cold - Thats sounds so nice having your mum to help. Omg - you guys all sound like your getting so much help from your mums - I'm sooo jealous!

I was changing Dylans bum today and he explosively shat everywhere - Like it sprayed out about a metre and hit my bedroom door and ran down it onto the carpet - sooo gross! hehehe.
    I booked in for a massage for next weekend! I can't wait - a whole hour! Now it will just be a matter of hoping that I can fit in feeds around it! (I'm sure I'll manage though!)

Wishing you all lots of sleep tonight!

Mason has pooed all over my hand/arm once! He DRENCHED the mchn nurse today with wee, and last night he made the curtains drip

PMSL.....its so funny. Sometimes I think I have a boy too coz Olivia loves to pee straight up in the air as soon as I take her nappy off from under her bum. The look on her face is priceless. She makes the face the same as the people on the coon ad in the pictures! Thankfully she wont be able to pee in her mouth!!!!! Or on the curtains!!!

Boys are gross! LOL! Yeah we have pee go everywhere as well. Dylans pooed heaps - it's when I lift his little legs up to clean him that he goes crazy. I think it must be a wind and poos caught up there and when I lift his legs it just comes shooting out. I reckon it happens at least once a day at the moment!!!!
    Still...better out than in!

I'm watching the end of house and going to bed...I have a bit day tomorrow - I'm heading off to a play centre with Cindy so the kids can have a play. Hopefully I can get organised enough in the morning so I'm not late!!!

Same thing with Matt here Kristie! He is a good pooer once that nappy comes off :-) I have had to change clothes after a nappy change a few times lol.

Matt had heaps of wind last night, he wouldn't bring it up and couldn't push it out the other end, so he didn't sleep very well, nor eat well overnight. But he's doing a lot better today. Must have been something I ate, I guess.

Wish I could do personals, but no time, DS1 has finished lunch and is trying to get my attention. One of these days...

Mason finally got some sleep! (and so did we )!! god i feel much better now

In the beginning, every time we took his nappy off he would fart and poop, but not recently?

Poor boy was farting in his sleep all night! Thank goodness it didnt wake him though.

Have fun today kristie! Tomorrow Im taking Mason to a baby show! I need to find something for him to wear and Im gunna spike his hair

This thread is so hard to keep up with … there’s so much to read and so much to say, and Jambin doesn’t let me have 2mins to myself lately … I couldn’t even go to the toilet until my mum came around yesterday at 6pm.

Kelliem – lucky you getting smiles from Lily! I get a few from Jambin, but they’re usually accompanied by some serious farting, so I’m pretty sure he’s not smiling at me LOL.

Danni – that’s great news about Mason’s weight gain. He’ll be fitting into 4 0’s in no time! Keep doing whatever you’re doing sweets – it’s obviously working!

Iona – how are your boobies going? I hope they’re healing up well. Good luck with your clinic appt today.

Melissa – How did your orthopaedic appt today? I have a friend who gave birth the day before I did – her little girl had bilateral hip dysplasia, and she’s been wearing a Pavlik harness since birth.

DisGirl – yeah for Ben’s weight gain!! That’s great that the HAB is working for you too. I’m struggling to use mine, although DH loves wearing it, so I’m considering buying a different type of sling.

Kristie – OMG at Dylan’s explosive poo!!! I can’t believe it hit the door lol. We haven’t had anything like that here yet … although we call Jambin ‘cappuccino bum’ because often while I change his nappy, he gentle squirts out this pooey foam lol.

Caro – wow, close call with Michael nearly peeing into his mouth! I keep waiting for something like that to happen, but I’ve been lucky so far. I probably shouldn’t have said that though … it’s tempting fate isn’t it

Deb – here’s hoping you get a few minutes to yourself one of these days. It must be non-stop with 2 little boys.

Well, I had an absolutely horrible day yesterday. Jambin cried from 8.30am – 6pm, pretty much non-stop, and a few hours of that was full-on screaming. His face was so red from screaming so hard. Nothing I did made any difference – I felt like such a failure and spent most of the day crying with him, which probably made him even worse because he would have picked up how upset I was. Then I texted DH and told him that I had made the biggest mistake of my life having a baby and we had to undo it somehow. Today I feel so horrible for saying that, but I honestly meant it at the time, which makes me feel even worse. I don’t think I am fit to be a mum

I am hoping that today is better. He has been asleep from 7am til now (10:30am), and I’m going to visit Shannon (from BB) this morning, just to get out of the house for a while.

oh cherie!! I have had the same *thoughts*. Just remember he is a miracle and of course you are supposed to be a mum! And you are doing a great job. He is allowed to cry, and crying IS good for him (apaprently).

I have certainly had days like that before too but it will get better. Yay for him being asleep this morning and enjoy yourself with Shannon. big hugs sweetie!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast