Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #2

Thanks Danni - it's good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks for the hugs too - I need them!

Oh Cherie, hugs to you. I know how you feel, but you are doing a great job. It will get easier, little by little (I hope and it has).
    We had our ortho appointment today and Olivia has the harness on for 6 weeks initially. She is a little unsettled, but seems to be coping ok. I started to tear up when changin her for the first time coz she cried and cried coz it took me so long to get the nappies (still have to have doubles) on. I feel bad for her but I know it is good for her in the long run. We have to see physio every 2 weeks for adjustment. No baths for the first 6 weeks only sponge, which is going to be terrible coz shes a chucker and spews all over her hair, in her ears... also loves to pee once the nappy is off but we cant get the harness wet... which also means no nappy off time
    Thanks for listening to me having a winge, am so tired and might go sleep for a bit.
    Take Care
    Love melissa

Cherie, it sounds like yesterday was a complete shocker for you. I've had days like that too (altho not with Matt yet) and have said things to my DH that he must have thought 'omg!'..having kids is certainly a relationship challenge too. But the way I see it, every tough experience you have with them, makes you cherish those pleasant ones even more. There are good times ahead Cherie, there is no doubt about that. Hang in there! And vent here with us anytime ((hugs))

Melissa, you're welcome to whinge! What a nuisance having to deal with the brace. Thank god its only for 6 weeks.That time will fly by and it will be so worth it to have done this to help your daughter. You're a great mum!

Matt has his first doctor's appointment today. It is a routine check they do here at 5 weeks.
    Then we're off to visit the in-laws for the weekend. Back on sunday. (waves)

Cherie, I know exactly how you feel, as I have had it with luke and it's more at night where I have trouble settling him and all Mark does is sleep through it. So I sit in the living room bouncing luke up and down on my lap while tears are flowing out my eyes and I wonder if it was the right thing to do.

Well I was going to do personals but my eyes can barely stay open...sorry guys I promise I will get to do them one day in the near future lol

Well the clinic appt went well as we established that luke had oral thrush and I have nipple thrush so on the gel and drops to clear up. The nurse was so helpful with all my queries, i actually felt comfortable with her which is strange for me as normally it takes me a while. Back there on Monday to see the LC to check that breastfeeding is going better and my nipples are clearing up.

good to hear from you Iona

big breakthrough here! Mason just fed WITHOUT a nipple shield from both breasts for around 30 minutes. This is huge for us

Thanks Caro, im so pleased that now I may not need the day stay booked for 2 weeks time!
    And another bonus is he fed for that 40 minutes AFTER I had fully expressed from both breasts...and i still had more milk!

Ive already been to one day stay when he wouldnt latch at all--- and they gave me the shield to use as my nipples were too swollen. I wanted to go back to wean him off the shield.

I expressed cos he wasnt supposed to feed yet! he had a full bottle only an hour ago so thats why I expressed ready for tonight, and then he was crying so I thought I would try and VOILA!

Hi!

Busy day here...took the kids to a play centre and then did some shopping. I was a bit nervous and it was a bit of an ordeal getting out of the house but Dylan did really really well. Actually went 4 hours between feeds while we were out! (Then cried on the way home...!) It's made me not scared about taking the two of them out now though!
    I went to toys r us and bought some toys which was fun! Thats one good thing about having kids close in age is that if I buy some more baby toys for Dylan Louis still has lots of fun playing with them!
    I had a bit of a meltdown last night with some tears. The sleep deprivation is really catching up with me. I'm making it my mission tomorrow to get my pump out and express so that dh can do a 10.30pm night feed - then maybe I can get a good 5 ish hour sleep hopefully!!!

Deb - Bugger about a bad nights sleep. I must say I haven't been nearly as careful with diet this time around as I was with Louis...the choccy bikkies are all gone now though so maybe that will make a difference - LOL! Although I still love my coke!
    Hope your appt goes well - have a good time at the IL's!!

Danni - Good luck at the baby show!! You'll have to put a picture of him all dressed up on your ticker! Glad you got some sleep as well. The poo's nearly always settle down...I remember over xmas with Louis (about 2 1/2 months old) he went like 8 days without pooing!!! and he wasn't constipated....
    Yeah at feeding without a nipple shield!! I notice sometimes I have such a strong let down that Dylan chokes on it (Louis did the same thing) I wonder if he coped better after you expressed as the flow was a lot slower as such...?? Both of mine end up breaking off when I have let down as it's just too much for them to cope with.

Cherie - Big big hugs. That must have been so draining for you. I go mental after I can't get him to sleep for 1/2 an hour!! Don't feel bad - A few times I've told dh I'm going to run away! LOL!! Of course your fit to be a parent!! They really do test us at times though...
    Like labour, you end up forgetting this hard part of having babies as well...just as well or we'd never do it again. I always have said that this first few months after having a baby is harder than having the baby!! At least labour you know is only for a small time as such...this drags on for weeks and/or months!
    Hope you have a good time getting out of the house! It can do wonders for your sanity! and they always sleep better I reckon and you wonder why they can't do that for you at home so you can rest!! hehehe.

Melissa - I'm sure the 6 weeks will fly by...sounds like it will be a bit of hard work though!!! Like you said - it's the best thing for her now and at least she won't ever remember it being so little!!!

Iona - Sorry to hear about the thrush - hope it clears up soon! I know the feeling - I'm much more sensitive at night when I'm extra tired. It's then that I end up with the tears as well. Settling has always been the part that frustrates me as well with bubba. I don't mind getting up and doing the feeds and changing bums but when it's all done I just want to go back to sleep and sometimes bubba has other ideas....Just think - only a few months and they'll drop the feed!!!

omg - this has turned into an epic! Dylans due for a feed....better go....

Iona and Cherie, BIG hugs to you both! Just remember that we (and our bubs) all have bad days and it's no reflection on your mothering skills at all! Of COURSE you are meant to be mums and you are doing a fantastic job of it too!

Melissa, it must be so hard with Olivia in a brace. Six weeks will fly though and it will be worth it in the long run I'm sure.

Danni, big YAY on the bf with no shields!

Ben got weighed again today and he's put on 200grams since Monday! He's already started fitting into some 000s, which is amazing since he was in 00000s for the first week. I have all these gorgeous 0000 clothes and am trying to get him wearing as many of them as possible before he grows out of them LOL

We went shopping today too - I had to buy pressies for six people - one of the downsides to having a large family LOL. Ben was fantastic and slept until we were almost home, then ate like a little piggy as soon as we were home. He seems to be sleeping almost all day at the moment, but the nurse today said it's just a growth spurt. If only he'd enjoy being asleep at 1am we'd be fine, but that's his favourite play time.

Mum went home today - leaving me refreshed and ready to go back to being up a lot during the night. Thankfully my cold is almost gone, but I couldn't have coped half as well with it without her there.

Mum also bought me a Mother's Day pressie! LOL I got the cutest little 'First Mother's Day' card from her too. I'm so spoiled!

thanks for your support. we just woke up from a nap she slept ok, just grizzly. joined the hip dysplasia group here for info. hopefully its only 6 weeks...thats the minimum.
    olivia is awake so will go.
    chat soon
    love melissa

WOW, and I thought I'd had a tough day!! Hugs to those of you having such a hard time at the mo, it's hard enough with the normal problems you face with a new bub let alone dealing with extra things. I hope it does get easier for you guys....well everyone really!!

Lily has been difficult today, I really shouldn't say how great she is when she has good days, I seem to jinx myself and it's always when DH is at work for 12 hour+ shifts. All she did all day was feed and grizzle, literally. She was attached to me every 1 1/2- 2 hours for at least 40mins each time, usually 1hr, and would only sleep when feeding. Whenever I put her to bed she woke up 10 mins later.
    Though one good thing is (like you Danni-congrats!) we managed to feed for a few feeds without the shields!! Wooohoo! Though when she detaches she just pulls off without letting the nipple go so she stretches it and squishes it between her gums and it HURTS!!! I don't know how to stop her doing it...
    Thankfully she's finally asleep in her cradle for the first time all day and has been asleep for more than 1 hr at a time. I think I might even go sleep with her soon. She didn't sleep so well last night either and I had the weirdest dream which kept me awake, but which I now can't remember, LOL! So I'm pretty tired, hopefully tonight is better.

Anyway going to go and eat something more than a breaky bar and get out of these spewy clothes and wash my grubby hair!! (I sound like a grot- because at the mo I am!!, hehehe).

Goodluck to all for a great nights' sleep and an easier day tomorrow, BIG hugs to those that need them....

Kellie.

Hi!

Disgirl - Yeah on the weight gain!! Yeah, Dylans started in 000 suits now...I really need to do some more shopping! Louis was in 0000 for nearly 7 weeks so I'm surprised that Dylans outgrown them already!!
    How nice your mum bought you a mothers day pressie!

Kel - hope you get a good nights sleep in. It's so hard when they want to feed all day long...

Sweet dreams everyone!

i am so jealous....Mason still isnt in 0000s

O went shopping today for some cute outfits but found NOTHING! The poor thing has to wear an AIO tomorrow

G'day G'day!

Well finally managed to come on here for longer than 5 mins, hopefully will be able to join in a bit on here!

My little Patrick was born now 2 weeks ago (at 8lbs4), and we're wearing Bonds 000's and 0000's. Target 0000s are OK but Osh Kosh and Pumpkin Patch 000's are all too big for him.

Haven't had much chance to catch up on the babies on here other than this page, my apologies for this, but hopefully soon! Reading this is making me feel lucky - Patrick is sleeping for his 3-4 hours at a stretch between feeds, which I'm hoping will be breast feeds soon - we're going to a lactation clinic tomorrow morning and tonight started on Maxalon to increase milk supply (was only getting about 2 teaspoons out of the 2 breasts) so we'll hopefully be doing "top up" bottle feeds as opposed to supplementing his bottle feeds with a drop or 2 of breast milk...

Anyhows, hope everyone gets good sleeps and quiet babies.

kaz

sary Guest

Hi All,

I have been mia for ages now....we spent 10 days up in Sydney showing off Ben and I have only just had the chance to read emails and get onto this site to see how everyone is going.

For those who don't know me, my Dh and I had baby Benjamin on the 7th April.

I am thinking of all of you who are having a bit of a rough time at the moment. Everyone says that things get easier and I am sure they will for everyone. One friend of mine said she was having a good day if she had a shower before midday and a cup of tea during the day!!!

Ben is doing really well. I am almost scared to say that he has already grown out of most of his 000's and we have been putting him in the toddler nappies at night!!!! At the last weigh in on Tuesday he weighed 5.4kg and is 60cm already. It's as if I never had a little baby and he is already growing way too fast!

To make things sound a bit more even, he does have days where he seems to alwyas be on the boob, feeding every 2 hours, but luckily during the day. He has an awake time for about 3 hours in the late moring and wakes every 3 hours (you can set your watch by him) at night. I laughed at the squirty poo stories because Ben does that after almost every feed and I have been the target!!!

Hope to pop in more often now I am home again, but Ben is ready for a feed now so must run. Big hugs to all of you that need them........and fingers crossed that everyone has a fantastic day (and more importantly night) today.

Hi!

We had an ok night! I find that whenever I'm at the end of my tether we end up with a pretty good night. He went 4 1/2 hours from just after 9pm so I got my first 3 1/2 hour sleep since his arrival! woohoo. He was relatively easy to settle after that but he's such a little grunty sleeper - I so can't handle having him in our room! But we have no choice as we're in a 2 br unit...Anyway - managed to get both the boys to stay asleep until 8am so thats ok!

Yep - Dylans 3 weeks today and all his 0000 outfits will be washed and packed away over the weekend (for the next one??! LOL!)

Danni - I'm sure he'll look gorgeous in whatever you put him in!!

Caro - I know! The kids always grow out of Bonds first!

Kaz - Great that your in here! So glad that Patricks going along so well! Thats great! Good luck with the bf!

Sarah - Glad your well - I say I've had a good day if I get a nap in!! LOl! Wow at having such a big boy! I'm very excited to see what Dylan weighs at his 4w check up next Fri - he's such a greedy guts and just seems to be growing sooo fast! He's got the biggest double chin! LOL!

Must jump in the shower...chat later!

yay we had a good night too! I am shovelling weet bix down my throat, about to give him a bottle and run out the door!

Good Luck!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast