Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #2

Hi All,
    We had a seemingly crappy night. Olivia was so grizzly that she ended up sleeping with us... on my tummy first then close to me. I couldnt sleep properly coz I was so uncomfy and at her 4am feed she wouldnt settle so I was awake for over an hour. Then she woke up at 6am for another feed and was crying, then I started to cry coz I was so tired. Adam got out of bed to feed her (hes been sick so has been sleeping). I got a good hour sleep then And when Adam went to work I got an hour on and off.
    Olivia is a little happier today, and looks a little more comfy in the harnes, but coz the straps are new its all rigid...shes rigid too! Also shes not comfy in her bouncer at the minute.
    Am coming down with Adams cold Never mind.
    We are still in 0000 jump suits but might have to go up sooner than we would due to the harness. I have lots of nice clothes in 000.
    Well, am still looking at prams, so am going to jump on ebay.
    Take care all and rest up.
    Love Melissa

mason got 3 trophies and 2 sashes at the baby show! im so proud!

We are out for dinner at a fancy restaurant in the city for mothers day tonight. Im trying to find somethin nice to wear. I cant wait to wear heels for the first time in 9 months

of course Mason is coming with us! He is gunna be so jealous about the king prawns

I took some photos of him in the pram, but will take some pics when he wakes up with his trophies and sashes and probably upload them tomorrow.

Ok I am dressed and ready...and Mason and Dh are asleep on the couch! And I cant find his hat

Hi girls. I've had an up and down day. I have a sinus infection I think, and was up all night with that. Ben was fine - he slept through all mummy's sleeplessness!

Melissa, I'll keep my fingers crossed that Olivia (love the name by the way) is only in the harness for six weeks. Let's hope you both get use to the harness quick and have a better night tonight.

Kel, we'll just know that if you don't say you had a bad night that you had a good one LOL We don't want you jinxing yourself!

Kris, yay on the good nights' sleep! Sounds like Dylan is even more of a guts than Ben! We're only just in the 000s and some are massive on him while some 0000s still fit him. Don't you wish all brands were the same size?

Danni, Mason will be in 0000s before you know it I bet. Sounds like his wardrobe issues didn't affect his cuteness though. Congrats on the trophys!

Caro, the sizings are SO annoying aren't they? They should have standards across the boards to make it easier for us poor mums!

Sarah, it's nice to 'meet' you! Good name you chose for your boy Ours is just plain old Ben rather than Benjamin. Wow on his growth!!!! I'm already telling Ben that he's not to grow anymore, I just love him at his little snuggly age/size right now.

Kaz, it's good to see you here. How'd you go at the lactation clinic?

Ben gave me his first real smiles this morning. I don't care what all the books and stuff say, it was definitely real. Totally different to his wind smiles. I was singing to him, holding him in front of my face and he looked directly at me for a few seconds and then broke into a half grin, followed by a full smile. Me, being delirious from lack of sleep and being so sick, burst into tears. We must have been some sight - me sitting there singing Disney songs, red eyes, stuffy nose, terrible croaky voice, tears streaming down my face and Ben looking back at me with a gorgeous grin on his face! LOL I'm getting teary again just thinking about it!!!!

Have a good, restfull night all!

Hi all,

Well we went to parramatta today to get a mothers day pressie for mum and a few other things. It went pretty well. Lily slept for and hour or so then had a formula bottle after a bit of convincing and screaming. I think I will try to continue to give her a bottle once or twice a week, so that it is easier to wean (presuming she goes onto a bottle one day...)her or to leave her if we go out. It took DH a bit to get her to take it where before she'd take it no problems. She's such a booby baby now!!
    I just read an article about thrush and think we may have it does anyone know the symptoms? I only read about getting shooting pains in the breast on attachment and from her sucking and afterwards, which I get. But they might be normal? Lily has a white tongue all the time ehich I thought could be normal too from my milk? But then it could be thrush...
    Lily is growing out of her 0000 clothes too, they just fit her. We had to buy some new 000 suits and singlets today. I got some bonds stuff from Toys r us on sale- two pairs of long pants for $5 each and little jeans for $10!! I love a bargain.

Kaz- Hi!! And welcome. I had trouble with BF too due to being quite sick after having Lily. I had to take tablets too to increase my supply, though not maxalon- can't think of the name of them now!! It worked really well for me and I was fully BFing her within about 4 days of taking the tablets!! I had to express alot in the begining and feed her as much as possible to get the milk going. Which I think has made her such a piggy now. She feeds every 1 1/2- 2 hrs sometimes. I also got really sore and engorged boobs after about 5 days or so and had to feed her alot to help with that too, but I was happy I could feed her. We also used breast shields because I had really blistered nipples. Everything is good now and we're on track, I still use the shields some of the time though. Good luck at the clinic.

Melissa, sorry your sick and sorry Olivia's having a hard time with her new harness. Hopefully she gets a bit used to it soon. It must be hard with a grumpy bub and not feeling 100%. I know I get moody and sooky when I don't sleep well let alone if I were sick too.

Danni, congrats on Ben's awards! I can't believe you went out for dinner....I was proud of myself that we got out to Parramatta westfields let alone to go to dinner and get dressed up- besides the fact that none of my clothes would fit very well (mind you I have only put on two kg's which I am very proud of LOL!).

Disgirl, it's so good when you get those smiles isn't it. We're getting real smiles now too and I get so excited when she smiles at me! . Sorry that you don't feel well either. I hope you feel better soon, can you take anything for it? Sinus pain is the worst!

Well I'm going for a shower before my little piggy princess wakes up for more food!

I hope we all sleep well! Sweet dreams...

Kel
    Last edited by MrsFabuloso; May 11th, 2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Atrocious spelling

Hi!

Hmmm didn't get my shower until nearly lunchtime LOL! Dylan's been quite unsettled today...Dh is so much better at settling him than I am sometimes! I had some mums from mothers group come over which was great - Louis had a ball playing!
    Otherwise not much else...Dylan seems to be staying on 7 feeds a day at the moment (but who knows when that will change!) and is mostly going 3 - 3 1/2 hours between feeds now rather than about 1/2 of them being 2 hourly. Woohoo!

Melissa - Sorry you had such a bad night...it must be so hard - for both of you - getting used to the harness! Hope you get a better night tonight...I hope the cold doesn't hit you too hard - thats the last thing you need!

Danni - Congrats to Mason!!! Wow! Hope you have a great night out tonight!

Disgirl - Bugger about your sinus infection - hope you get better soon...Yeah on the smiles!!! Thats fantastic!
    I've been getting an amused face but not quite a smile yet...I didn't get one from Louis until 5 weeks but I think Dylan will be a little earlier...

Kellie - I'm not sure about the thrush but I think they're meant to have dots in their mouth...Dylan has a white tongue as well and I'm pretty sure thats just from all the milk! I think bubs is meant to be really fussy as well cos it hurts them...

OK - I'm off to get ready for bed..I'm wrecked and probably won't get a chance to nap all weekend...although I'm hopefully getting a sleep in on Sunday for mothers day!!

Hi!

Omg - Dylan had a great night! He went nearly 5 hours from 6-11 and then 3 1/2 hours and then 4 1/2 hours and nhe's back asleep now! Woohooo. I think he's definitely got the hang of "nighttime" I can handle him being unsettled through the day if he sleeps so well at nighttime! A difference also is that I spent an hour cuddling him upright (well I fell asleep) before putting him down each time and I think it just helped his tummy to settle a bit iykwim.

HOpe you all had a great night also!

yay on the great night Kris!

We got home at midnight which I was so worried about, and the little prince just slept! He woke up 4 hourly for his feeds but went straight back down again

Dinner was great and he was so well behaved and I even breastfed him in public! I went to the corner and they had beautifu couches, and he latched perfectly first go! We sat and fed for 30 minutes, I was so proud!

Last night was the first time I have felt good about myself. And now that I can breast feed him properly, I cant stop smiling

Hi!

Danni - Thats fantastic!!! Well done!! It really does keep getting easier! (Even though of course they all still have their moments!)

Dylans been unsettled all morning and not wanting to sleep - I won't complain though...at least it's not at night!

Hi Girls,
    Well I have had a pretty good weekend so far... hope not to jinx myself!!! Friday night I went out with a girlfriend of mine who is 7 months pregnant. I left Olivia with Adam and she left her 15 month old twins with her dp, who looked after the kids together and managed not to damage them. We went out for dinner then shopping for 3 hours. It was fantastic. Then Olivia decided she would sleep a whole 4 and a half hours straight that night. I felt almost human waking up at 415 am after that long stretch!!
    Yesterday was good too, we went out for dinner for Adams mums mothers day catch up. Some lady in the resteraunt was all clucky and held Olivia for a while. Cant believe i gave my baby over to a stranger!!!! But all the girls on the table behind us were so clucky!!!!
    Last night Olivia slept well again... 3 hour stretches. Now shes sitting in her bouncer trying to touch the toy on the A frame and coming out with the occasional "ah-ga"
    I cant believe shes 6 weeks old today, gees time flies. People say things get better from here on in, in regards to sleep... I hope so
    Well now shes grizzly.... might wake up Adam if I let her keep going..... oh I might just do that!!!LOL
    Better run
    Take care all and happy mothers day
    Love Melissa

you sound so happy Melissa!

Mason slept again last night just waking up 3 hourly for his feeds! Why cant he go back to 4 hourly though?

Dh is feeding him some EBM at the moment and Im getting some "me time".

Happy Mothers day to everyone, I got a 1 hour body massage! Now I dont know when I will have time to get it though, haha.

Melissa: you are so game leaving Olivia with your DH. I dont think I can do it if Im not in the house! My mum offered to have Mason over night last night and there is no way I can leave him

Danni the first time i left olivia was at 2 weeks. one of my girlfriends was over and offered to look after her while i went to the doctors for mastitis. it was hard but she was fine, then it got easier. i just figure i need some time out from it all every now and then and i deserve it. its amazing how 3 hours away can clear your head! we all work hard looking after our bubs so we all need some time to ourselves, even if its only half an hour to start with. youd be supprised how capable dh is!
    Have a great day
    love melissa

I know and I completely agree with what youre saying but I am too "clingy"! lol

My Dh cannot change his nappy properly so I am scared about that! Plus if Mason decides to cry, DH gets upset if he cant settle him

ohno.... you'll have to teach him to change a nappy and i dont know how to teach him patience!
    lol about being clingy, you'll find once youre able to let go just once and things turn out fine, it will get easier to let go!

Well the nappy thing is hard, I admit. His bottom is so small and so are the top of his thighs. So when you put the nappy on, you need to pull it high and tight around his legs otherwise things escape!

gigi01 Guest

Hi everyone!

Don't have much time to chat as I am at DH's work and we are about to leave but thought I would check in and let you know that I am alive and finally gave birth to Mimi - 10 days late! Induction - very painful still down there after full Keilland forceps rotation (little lady was completely around the wrong way posterior...)

But...she is out now and totally divine and a week and one day old today - so I don't quite fit into the April 2007 babies after all! Hope you don't mind..... She is feeding and sleeping well - touch wood it will continue...will hit the library this week and catch up on everyone's news but in the meantime - take care and hope all those gorgeous April babies are thriving....

Lots of love

Gigi xxx-

great to hear from you Gigi! Hope to see you round more often soon

Thanks Caro, same to you

Hi!

Happy Mothers Day - I hope you all had a great one!

Melissa - thats great you had some time out and a good sleep! Dylans just starting to make some little noises other than crying as well!!

Gigi - Congratulations!!! Well done!!! So glad to see you in here!

I had a great day - Had lunch at my brothers for my Mum - was going to have it here but my dishwashers broke - grrrr! We will have to get a new one asap as I refuse to do dishes - hehehe. Otherwise I'm just super tired! Dylans going well except not feeding that great. I think I just have way too much milk! He just breaks off when I get let down and is only feeding one side and hardly draining it. Hope he has a growth spurt soon just to empty my boobs! hehehe.

How often do you get let downs?? When I feed Dylan in about 10-15min I get 3-4 letdowns. Poor little man has no hope of finishing hehehe. Oh well, I'm sure my boobs will settle soon.

Gotta rush...chat later!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast