Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007

Hi!

Cindy - So glad everythings going so well! Can't wait to catch up next week...

Danni - My dh is back at work on Monday as well - it will probably be quiet in here as we'll all be so busy dealing with everything on our own! lol!

Disgirl - That will be great having your mum stay with you to help out! We have Dylan in our room but thats because we only have a 2 br unit! lol! With Louis he was in a cot in his own room from the first night at home! Other people might have suggestions but I say go with whatever you feel!

Dylan's been really good all day today so I'm a bit nervous about tonight! hehe. Hopefully we'll have a good one. His feeds have really spaced out which is great and he's going at least 3 - 3 1/2 hours each time. Sometimes he's waking an hour into his sleep but it just tends to be a burp and he goes back to sleep!

I hope you're all planning your mothers day's!! How exciting for a lot of you it will be your first!! We're not doing anything too exciting but having the family around over lunch for my Mum. I'm getting some pj's and slippers from my boys!! A sleep in would be nice but we'll have to see - lol!

Sweet dreams everyone!

Mason is sound asleep and I am about to join him! Praying for a decent night sleep tonight.

Mason is sleeping in his cocoon in our room. We have a single bed right next to DH;s side and he is on that.

He was supposed to be in his own room but I couldnt bare not to be right next to him. BUT we couldnt move the cot into our room as it wouldnt fit through the door!

So for now, the nurse said its fine if he sleeps in the cocoon.

Plus its too hard for to me to get up so many times throughout the night.

So I would say move bubs when you're ready. No rush

On the sleeping - With tori we had her in her own room from the first night but this time with charlotte we have her in with us in the cradle and then she will hopefully move in with tori in about 6 months. I really would like to keep a spare room available.
    I am finding it much easier this time having charlotte with us coz she is just there when i have to get up to feed her.
    I tend to have her sleeping in the rocker during the day, out with me whereever i am in the house and then in the cradle at night. I think this is actually working for us too as in she knows the difference between day and night sleeps. I am guessing that as she is more alert and able to be woken by noise i will have to use the cradle during the day too though.

Night all! My little princess has just gone to bed and now her mother must do the same

Hi!

Another rotten night...grrr! How many days can you survive on 5 hours of very broken sleep?? Lol!! How much sleep on average do you think you are all getting?? On a good night I'll get 7 hours ( if I go to bed super early) but otherwise it seems to be 5 or 6...I'm...sooo...tired....hehe.

Danni - LOL on the cot - we had that problem too - we were going to just wheel it in for a little while with Louis but it wouldn't fit through the door...too much effort to dismantle and put back together...hehe!

Cindy - As you know Dylans going to have to go in Louis' bedroom when the time comes...I'm really nervous about this with them waking each other up. I'm glad your doing it as well!! I guess we'll just have to see how it goes...I'm thinking I'll have to do it earlier than that though as the cot won't fit in our bedroom...better not get too ahead of myself! lol! Good luck at Barney today!! Hope the girls behave!

Hope you all got some sleep last night!

haha yes too much effort! Actually we tried...but we cant find the right screwdriver! lol

Its just easier as he is now

Sorry you had a rough night Kris

We actually had a great one! In fact we are off to visit Dales grandmother 3.5 hours away cos we finally dont feel too tired to drive lol!

Catch up with yas in a few days xxx

Have a good time away Danni!

Hey Kristie, sorry you had a bad night sleep. I know what you mean about broken sleep, Olivia wakes up every 3 hours, sometimes less. I cant wait til she sleeps right through!!! I miss my uninterrupted sleep. I now just sleep when she sleeps, if i need to. But I only have one baby, it must be harder with two.
    I had another crying episode yesterday. Olivia and I went to Chadstone and when we left, it was peak hour and she started screaming... she was hungry and we were stuck in traffick. We only live 15 minutes away, but took us twice as long and she was crying and i was crying. I hate long trips, but in saying that, she was a gem when we went to bendigo last weekend.
    Anyway, take care..... baby is awake
    love melissa

Suffering with lack of sleep here too. (hugs all round)
    To top things off, DS1 is sick and we're off to the doctor to find out what it is. He's feverish now for 24 hours and not looking good... sigh

Big hugs to us all! It really is soo hard! I had tears today as well...a big cry definitely was needed. I think what Dylans doing is having his bigger sleeps from 12midday to midnight and then unsettled for the next 12 hours - grrr!

Melissa - there really is nothing more stressful than a screaming baby in the car. I go crazy when that happens!

Caro - it must be so hard when dh is home so late! I must say I'm lucky at least when dh goes to work next week he's usually home by 4pm so at least I'll get a chance to get things done then...

Deb - So sorry to hear your little boys sick...omg I don't know how I'd cope then!! Hope all is ok!

Well, looks like we're all having a few tears...as much as I don't wish it on anyone I kind of feel glad I'm not the only one losing it at time - lol! I suppose we just have to be patient for these first few months with bubbas feeding so often and being so unsettled at times...

Off for dinner! Chat later!

deedeeze Guest

Good morning ladies

It is so nice to read your experiences and know that I am not the only one!

We have Rhys in our room in a pram (we don't have a bassinette) but I would love for him to use his big cot. I think that at this stage I still want him next too me.

I am lucky in the fact that when Rhys is unsettled it is during the day. He sleeps fine in the morning and then seems to have a bad patch from 11am to about 7pm where it seems like he is 45 on the boob, then 45 mins off the boob. Is this normal? I stop feeding him when he falls asleep and can't be woken again.

Deb, I hope that the doctor helped with your DS1

Melissa you are adventourous! I haven't taken Rhys out yet into the big world except to go back to the hospital for a blood test. Today we go to the doctors which will be interesting..

Danni, our little man has a special birthday that he shares with you! Maybe you can tell me what sort of personality he will have then

Kristie, I hope that you having 2 little ones is not too much of a strain. I barely cope with 1!

Iona, how are things with you and Luke? Well I hope

Have a good one ladies

Hi belly buddies long time no speak sowie, my baby girl was born on 12 april, 8.3pounds and 51cm born via vacuum. So far sooo good wif sleeping and feeding (at nite). But i just wanted to ask u ladies in terms of feeding.... she wakes up every 2hrs for a feed at night but during the day she is a little harder to settle down, sometimes i feed her every 1hr so by da end of the day, my breast r soooooooooo empty is der another way to settle her during da day? (She doesnt like being put down after she's gone to sleep, and when i do, she sleeps for 10mins and den starts crying again...den da whole trying to settle her down starts again )

Hi!

I got a good nights sleep last night but poor dh didn't! He took over the job of settling bub so I could get some sleep. He did go 4 hours one time though which was great! He's now decided to feed only one side a time...
    Had our mchn check up today for 2 weeks! The big buddha has put on another 380g so now weighs 3.86kg!! Everything is all good though and she's not concerned about his vomitting as she thinks he's just still getting used to all the food he's eating!! It was nice as dh stayed with Louis and I took Dylan in the pram and walked to the mchn! Was beautiful to get some fresh air.
    We just picked up our toddler seat and the valco cocoon thing which will be handy! (Couldn't help buying a couple of little toys for Dylan as well!)

Dee - I think sometimes they like the comfort feeding! I'm strying to stretch Dylan out to 3 hourly feeds which he mostly does on his own anyway because I find he feeds sooo much better. Anything more than that he seems way to windy and unsettled. BUT each baby is sooo different so it's best to just go with what you feel your bubba needs.
    We'll see how I cope next week! LOL! It's more just a matter of being tired than not managing the kids iykwim? Although I'm sure things like showers/housework will be put on the backburner for a while - lol!

Karen - Hi! Glad your going wlel! Have you tried a dummy?? We're just introducing it now and it's working well for when I want to stretch him out to a 3 hourly feed! Just a thought...

Chat later!

Hi girls! I'm sorry some (well, most) of you are having some teary moments, but sometimes it helps to make you feel better getting it all out.

Ben, DH and I are doing well. We went for another walk with the dog and the HAB today and Ben fell asleep in it again - he really loves it. It was funny, one of the guys in the dog park asked how long I had to go and I pulled the HAB back to show little Ben - he almost had a heart attack! LOL We had an adventure up to Newcastle yesterday too to visit my grandparents. Ben slept most of the way and mummy and daddy wanted to - we were SO tired!

Thanks for all the input on the room move, I'm thinking we'll see how we go when DH goes back to work on Sunday night.

Ben's changed his feeding habits now. Feeding every two hours - lovely! The nurse came out today and said that it's normal for a growth spurt now and that's why he's feeding so much. He's put on 200 grams since birth which is pretty average so we're all happy. She said that he was a really cute baby (which of course I already know ) and that he was really good. He didn't mind being poked and prodded much at all. I'm already worried that I won't cope when baby #2 comes along because Ben has been so good! LOL I think I must be nuts to be thinking about #2 when Ben's only two weeks old! LOL

We're about to go out to dinner now, so I have to run.

Wishing you all a good night's sleep!

Hi!

Disgirl - Yeah on Ben doing so well! LOL at someone asking how long you had to go!! I'm sure you'll cope when you decide to have no.2! It's hard work but we all manage somehow! I can't imagine how hard it would have been years ago when people didn't have the luxuries we have now...(and more likely to have lots of kids - lol!)

Went shopping this arvo and was sure I'd have to feed Dylan out but he went 4 hours!!! OMG - he was such a hungry monster when we got home! Hopefully we get a decent nights sleep in tonight...It's not the feeding thats the issue with us, it's the settling him back to sleep. If he settled well I'd get enough....
    Have to head to toys r us tomorrow to get nappies. They have huggies for 31.99 at the moment - so much cheaper than the supermarkets...I refuse to pay 41.99 for nappies now because even big w has them normally for 36.95...
    Anyway, enough of my dribble!
    Sweet dreams!

hi all, sorry for the writing, but i am typing one handed, which is not easy!

we had a horrific day yesterday!!! lily and i were on our own as dh went back to work and all lily did all day was cry, she didn't sleep until 4:00 and we'd had a dreadful night too. so i joined her after a while and cried all arvo with her,lol! poor dh didn't know what to do when he called . but we're back on track today thank god!!

sorry to hear so many of us are struggling with sleep deprivation and tears, i guess it should get a bit easier from now??? i hope so anyway....

gotta go feed the milk monster, have a good day all...

kel.

Hi!

Kel - Big big hugs!! I remember only to well those days when dh would get home and we were both crying! It does make it so much more difficult to cope when the partners go back to work and you have a difficult day/night...Glad things are better today...

Dylan went 5 hours between feeds last night!!! Omg - I'm in shock too as he's decided he only wants to feed one side at a time!!! Pity it was from 6pm-11pm and not later but I still managed to get a nap in on the couch for an 1 1/2 before he woke up!
    He seems to be in a little bit of a pattern...unsettled and often up for 1 1/2-2h in the morning and feeding 2-3hourly and then by the arvo he usually goes 4 hours and sleeps really really well. Then he is usually unsettled at around his 2am ish feed and it takes me a while to get him back down...If we can just push that 4-5h time back a little it will be perfect! (he probably won't do it again now - lol!) So yesterday he only had 7 feeds...I'm not sure if he'll make up for it today with an extra but at least overnight I managed 8 hours sleep (broken of course)
    I tried feeding him off both sides this morning and he proceeded to just throw up everywhere so he obviously just doesn't need it at the moment...

Hope you all have a great weekend! Chat later

Hey Kel,
    I know what you mean about dh not knowing what to do. Adam rang me up after work yesterday and said he had a few things to do on the way home. I was in tears coz i wasnt coping so well and he was home within five minutes. Last night I had a good sob. I think its coz Olivia isnt sleeping much during the day (no naps for me), shes been throwing up heaps, her poo was like a sausage (i'm thinking she is constipated, plus the continuous gruntin and red faces followed by the screams)... then she pooed normal and also I havent expressed for over 24hours as I am trying to dry up my milk, which is very emotional for me. Last night I just felt like I had no idea what I was doing and everything I was doing wasnt good enough. Fortunately Adam is good for me and told me that I couldnt be expected to know everything... but it didnt stop the sobbing. I just had had enough at the end of the day and needed a good sleep. She slept with us til 130am and the went back to the bassinett for the rest of the night.
    Am feeling better today, must have been the sleep thing. Only wish I could do something about her throwing up and her screaming. She seems to me that she has bad tummy pain....I dont know.
    Well thanks for listening. Its raining outside (yay).
    Take care
    Love Melissa

Hi!

Big hugs Melissa!! We all have those moments where no matter what you do bubba doesn't seem to respond and it can be sooo frustrating...Dylan is quite a chucky baby as well and I can only put it down to the fact that he gutses heaps and just has way to full a tummy...
    Glad you got some sleep in and are feeling better today...

aarrgghh - I'm dreading dh going to work on Monday!! hehe...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast