Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 1st ~ 15th 2008 #8

I think everyone needs big hugs in here with sick babies, family sagas and jobs! squidipa is there anything I can do from here? Anything you need I could send over?

E is standing for brief periods now, and is getting v confident standing and barely holding onto things... omg he will be walking soon I just know it.

I *almost* took a PT today I have been so tired this week (you know the drugged out tired feeling you get when first pregnant? It made me wonder if a C didn't work???!!) but then realised AF isn't due anyways until middle of this week so no point. Don't think I will be but wanted a reason why I've had lots of nana naps this week??

Has anyone tried baby signs with their babies? Apparently it starts to work around 8-9 months??

PS E has no teeth yet either!!! After all these months of me thinking he was teething lol.
    PPS Sasha, love the new username
    Last edited by kiwigirl; April 12th, 2009 at 08:38 PM.

Well we have had a few things happen here over the last few days, K can now pull himself to stand without any help bar me being behind him so he doesnt fall. 1st time he did it yesterday was at the window, put his fingers in the window track and pulled himself up hahaha and then he did it again last night grabbing hold of the foot stool and pulled himself up. I couldnt believe it, I though oh my goodness my little man is growing up and like you Rach he will be walking soon!!

Oh and I am slowly moving into giving him food the BLS way. Last night mum had done some vege in the oven so I decided I would give him dinner that way. Well he was a little piggie and ended up eating pumpkin, potato, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, peas and 1 piece of chicken tenderloin THEN he managed to still fit in a few slices of apple!!! I dont know whether it is just a coincidence but the past two nights I have given him dinner the BLS way and he has had better night sleeps so I'm thinking while it is working of sticking to it hehe

Squid - no teeth here yet either, for months I have been saying to myself 'he must be teething' with all the drool but nup looking in his mouth it doesnt appear to look like anything is going to pop up anytime soon but I tell ya what after dinner last night he doesnt need em anyway he got through the pieces of chicken tenderloin I gave him fine!

Vic - sorry to hear N still isnt 100% big big

MM - awwwww poor you for the rough nights but yay V for having SIX teeth, omg!!!

Mel - hopin' you're doing ok babe! and yes you were right it is his name spelt backwards

Anyways the man is now asleep after having a bottle so I'm up for the day LOL

I know its a while away yet but I have already decided on what theme I am doing for Kye's birthday LOL I couldnt get back to sleep yesterday morning after I had given him a bottle so I stayed up and designed his invitation LOL I'm so excited already but I have another 4 months to wait!! Ahhh well gives me something to do and at least this way I cant say I dont have enough time Anyone else thought of what they are going to do?

Anyways thats enough of my ramblings, caio for now!

Ha! I was thinking about E's birthday on the weekend too I was more thinking about what to do for a cake lol, since my mum always did amazingly fun ones for us.

Yay for Kye pulling himself up!!

Yay for all these babies on the move and pulling themselves up!!!

Miss M doesn't do any of that yet, she'll get up on her knees when she's on her belly, but will flop right down again. Think she is too heavy for her skinny little arms to hold up!! lol

We weighed her last night - yayy finally got to 9kg.. seems to take forever to get to the next kilo here!!!! And DS is now 14kg - that took forever to get from 13.5kg to 14kg.

Think Miss M is getting more teeth - on the top this time - cos she is off her bottles again. Still a happy little munchkin so I can't complain too much!!!

Can't remember what else I was going to say...

Wow at all the moving!! fabulous news, all these boys are on the go and Beth!!!

Yay for 9kg Mel !!! We are still going for 8kg... been 12 weeks since we hit 7kg.... she will get there, probably with all this overnight feeding!

MT that is awesome news about the RSPCA money for your friend I am so thrilled for her, and good on her for going back and starting up

Kiwigirl and Sasha... first birthdays!! I have been avoiding it as we are already celebrating it early LOL!!! But will be the weekend after she is born, we were asked if we were going to do it the weekend befor eshe was born and I was like we are already celebrating it early enough!!! Prob be a BBQ at the new house

N is eating like a horse at the moment as well, dinner was a pretty big serve of lasagne, a heap of apples, blueberries, pineapple and banana. We are also doing more of the BLS, N loves feeding herself and I love finding the bits of food in her highchair

Last night only two feeds overnight 1am and 5am, we had stopped wrapping a week ago... the night she came down with Croup, so we are debating whether to go back to wrapping again!! N is also finding her voice again and testing out all of her sounds!

Off to the Botanical Gardens to see my bro and his family, haven't seen then since N was 4 weeks old, at my Grandpa's funeral... she has changed a lot since then!!

BYEEEEE!!!
    xxoo

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigirl View Post
    squidipa is there anything I can do from here? Anything you need I could send over?
    Thank you for your very kind offer yes there is something you can do please just pray this situation improves.

i don't know whats up with me im highly irritable i think i ...unsure tired too and so flat. i have been getting craps in my lower stomach area and i know i have been getting pains in my uterus and ligaments at times. I woke up this morning with a great big cramp. feels very heavy there like on my woohoo IYKWIM. BTW i had a period and havnt missed any.

Hubbies still looking for work nothing yet mind you he has been trying for ummm around 6 months. we pay 58% on my income on rent. hubbie claims no government benefits. Im not quite sure how much longer we can keep going like this especially if our rent increases.

does anyone want to just scream and shout and burst into tears but just cant there's so much i want need to say but just cant for one reason or another???.

ya know i went to a new church on Saturday first one in qld ive been to and when i got home i was thinking about all the crud gone wrong with things recently and telling myself to look for the positives, then it was then i realized the pool pump went wrong and that's why it wasn't working for a few days i tried everything i rang the electricity company too to check it wasn't their issue as its on a meter of its own. then excepted great another thing wrong and the pool pump just turned back on its strange but cool. Sorta made me happy. I think if i wasn't weighed down by so much at moment i would have been very happy as i was then concerned they wouldn't renew our lease if another thing went wrong.

Im so over all this renting it drives me bonkers i can NEVER feel like im actually home IYKWIM. I wish i was able to do what i want when i wanted i mean i cant just go get a bug dude to spray this house as im not allowed so surface spray and baits are about as good as it gets. sometimes i cant even sit on the loo as there is ants all over it. Stupid little tiny things looking different to what western Australia has. Ya know our bathroom floor leeks if you pour 1 cup of water on it and your under the house witch so happens to be the area of where the washing machine is that same cup of water will rain down on you. the kitchen is the same so if you spill milk you have to go down stairs to to clean it.

Some of the floor boards here need to be extra supported and they really move. the house is drafty and i cant seem to permanently get rid of the stupid gecko's in this house and im sick of them spreading there germy poop all over things!!!!

We waited months and months and months for the washing line to be fixed here and the kids couldn't use the back yard because of it. Oh my and the front railing for the porch as its a high set home was broken for months to banning all the kids form even going out the front with out an adult in fear they would fall through the railing. Im sick of this well u know you can stay for 1 year but who knows after that crap. Its like when ya finally end up unpacking its time to start again the house gets sold out from under ya and you need to move on that's happened to me to many times. I have excellent rental history never had a issue whats so ever.

Dont get me wrong this is better than nothing and ill except that i certainly learnt being homeless and pregnant with joshie and having to live in a caravan or in the car. That humbled me heaps! then living with the ex husband in a 3 bedroom tiny home with 3 adults and 3 kids while pregnant for around 3 months.

im just so over this never feeling like i can be settled or at home i do my best but in my heart i know its only a short term thing. I wish we could do leases for 10 or five years or maybe 2 knowing i could extent that when wanted or something i dunno im just fed up. feeling a bit alone here and got so much i feel i need to share but cant for one reason or another.

well sorry its a post about me again i just needed to at least get something out. And while getting something out can some on please tell me how you feel if this happened to you.

On numerous occasions not just this visit to nz but on others too my mother in law has said in my presence "why didn't you marry a new zealander?" or "what was wrong with the women here?" would you get offended when its being said repetitively or in your presence? do i have a right to be offended?

Not only that but since im about to probably get busted by hubbie sharing this with you and i have no one else share with i figure heck i gotta get it out but what do you think of this statement....

"well if ppl would just stay married we wouldn't have this issue" thats mil referring to how she has step grand children. she just cant seem to get it we come as a whole not as part there off... what do you think should i be upset with that? yep she has said that to me and in my presence a few times to. Oh and i think the icing on the cake was at her 40th wedding anniversary lunch thing at the local church thing... previous to this i had asked what photo's are you wanting to take so i could help and make sure she got everything that she wanted and she brought out a list she had written up regarding this... she had also discussed photos on a few other occasions to. She then went on to say i would like everyone to introduce themselves.. I said cool can we just make sure that there is no segregation when it comes to us as a family. and i explained to her why. Not a problem she said. Well the day ended up with heres photo time and she had photo's of her and her husband and the grand mother and her children NOT an issue then she asked for her grand daughter to come into the pic as her father is a single dad NOT an issue. then she said to hubbie just get joshie plz... he walked over and grabbed him from my arms and said to me segregation and looked really upset and so did i and returned to to photo... a man whom i dont really know as i dont know the family well came to me and said "shouldn't you be in that pic with the kids" i said "yep but im sure it will happen soon". trying not to show my disappointment or the fact that i was deeply hurt. ME and hubbie have two boys and i had two children with the ex husband. Hubbie is adopting and has excepted DS3 as his own... and he was discluded from that pic. After that me and the other 3 children was asked to have a pic so respectively i did so but not impressed. After all photo's had been take with out me smiling i might add i was like "lets get out of here" but the cake hadn't been cut so we waited out of respect didn't want to make a scene .

On a few occasions while we were in nz hubbie brought this topic up with her only to be fobbed off basically or hear well i wasnt organizing anything but it was her whom asked on that day for the photo of just joshie. shoudl i be upset about this i mean i did ask prior to the event no segregation and she publicly in front of all these family members disowned a grandchild. OUR SON!

i think on top of the whole new zealanders are better than Australian's things she always does and her competitiveness i just felt like i was a problem that she wanted to go away.

i know if hubbie reads this its not gonna be good so hopefully he wont but its eating at me and i have to get it out to someone.

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

Squid....Well, i havent been keeping up with the posts on here much, seems i have less and less time atm but i have read a few times and i just read your last post, BIG HUGE MASSIVE HUGS!!! i cant belive your MIL would be like that and treat her own grandchildren and you like that!! i would be angry and upset too, you have every right to feel the way you do! and its so rude of her to say infront of you ''why didnt you just marry a NZlder''. from the bits i have read and know you have had a rough time recently!! Heres hopeing that soon everything starts going your way!! I hear you about renting....luckily our landlords seem nice but you still feel like you cant do anything! especially if you rent through and agent!
    Well....more hugs and

Forgot to post this earlier....
    Rachel

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

i think its time for another survey of how our bubs are doing and what they are up too....im not saying i have a survey....il have to think about it....might post one in a bit as i have about a thousand things to do before dinner but il think...unless someone else has some good questions.

Ooh good idea! I'm keen to do one!

Hey everyone

Again, I have fallen behind... sorry!

Squidipa :hugs: yes I would be very angry and upset over those comments too. But the most important thing is that you and DH love each other and all the kids, and you all stick together.

KG - I was going to ask about baby signing in here too. I'm considering it, just need to do some research in to it first. Are you planning on using it? I saw a friend on the weekend who is actually a child psychologist and she was using it with her 10 month old.

Shel - Yay for BLS!!!

Ok, I'm not sure what else I was going to respond to... it's late!

Jett has also started to pull himself up on furniture, me, the dog, his toys etc. I can't believe how fast he is progressing. He has gone from immobile to soooo very capable in less than 2 weeks! mg:

As for weight, Jett hasn't yet cracked the 8kg mark yet... but he's working hard on it!

I was going to write about something else but I just can't remember now.... aaagggghhhh!

Ok, I'm off to bed, I can't think of questions for the survey right now apart from the obvious!!

Hi

Crawling? could be one question I guess LOL

Amount of teeth? another one.....

We went to see the CHN yesterday and got K weighed. He was the same weight as last time - had him weighed three weeks ago LOL
    Just about died that his weight hadnt gone UP hahaha but I guess he is doing a catch up and growing into his body now

Yesterday he drank water from a cup all by himself too and quite a decent amount without spilling it, clever!! hehe
    Maybe that could be another question?

MT - I'm with you when you say its amazing to see how fast they are progressing, K has accomplished so many things in a matter of a week. It is sooo cool to watch!

Anyways back to bed for me!

i think ive been in a hurry for my kids to grow up but this time round im slowing down. Just wanted to say that

joshie is 9.5 kilo and 66 cm long thought ya might want to no

Just a quick one - just wanted to share something very cute!

Jett has a gym thingy that when you play with certain bits it plays a tune. You know the kind!

Well he just hit it before and the tune started and he started swaying in time with the music and bopping his head!! I've seen him do it before but just thought it was coincedence, but nup, he's dancing!!

Quote Originally Posted by MummyTummy View Post
    Well he just hit it before and the tune started and he started swaying in time with the music and bopping his head!! I've seen him do it before but just thought it was coincedence, but nup, he's dancing!!
    LOL MT that is so cute!!!

Back later, child requires my attention!!

Yay for dancing - its so cute when they do that. DS always head banged along with us to ministry or something. The other day he was dancing to Kate Bush - he's got such good taste

Miss M plays her piano and dances - I think she thinks she makes good music

Talking Quiz!!!!

Quiz!!!

Just Copy and Fill in!!

Teeth
    Yes
    How Many
    No

Skills
    Rolling
    - Both Ways
    - Back to Front
    - Front to Back
    Crawling
    - Backwards
    - Forwards
    Sitting Unaided
    Sitting to Crawling (transition)
    Comando Crawling
    Standing
    Walking
    Pulling Up on Furniture
    Waving
    Dancing

Growth
    Total Weight Gain from Birth
    Current/Most Recent Weight
    Total Growth in Length from Birth
    Current/Most Recent Height
    Total increase in HC from Birth
    Current/Most Recent HC

Talking/Words (list)

Favourite Foods

Sleep
    Still doing night feeds
    Sleeping through
    Day Sleeps how many

Any other Cool things your bub is up to!!

Teeth
    Yes
    How Many
    No - don't think they are coming anytime soon either!

Skills
    Rolling - Yes!!
    - Both Ways
    - Back to Front - just not interested, don't think she ever will!
    - Front to Back - Yes!!!
    Crawling - No!!
    - Backwards
    - Forwards
    Sitting Unaided - Yes!!
    Sitting to Crawling (transition) - No!!
    Comando Crawling - Yes!! Shuffling backwards
    Standing - Yes!!
    Walking - No!!
    Pulling Up on Furniture - No!!But will hold on
    Waving - Yes!! First waving was single handed, now she does a double hand wave, but waits for you to stop before she starts hehe
    Dancing - Yes!! Bopping away to the tunes on her music table

Growth
    Total Weight Gain from Birth - 5540grams
    Current/Most Recent Weight - 7890grams
    Total Growth in Length from Birth - 23cm
    Current/Most Recent Height - 68cm
    Total increase in HC from Birth 9cm
    Current/Most Recent HC 43cm

Talking/Words (list)
    Ba Ba Ba!!
    Muuum Muuum!! Only when upset!!
    Da Da Da!!

Favourite Foods
    Lasagne
    Lamb Cutlet (great to suck!)
    Cucumber
    Pineapple
    Vegemite or Promite on cruskits, bread
    Zucchini, Carrot, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Peas
    Milk Arrowroot biscuits
    Baby Mum Mum's
    Yogurt
    Custard
    Milk Milk Milk

Sleep
    Still doing night feeds - at the moment between 1-3
    Sleeping through - she was but not at the moment
    Day Sleeps how many - 2

Any other Cool things your bub is up to!!
    She loves swimming, especially diving underwater, she had two certificates, torpedo (swimming under water and resurfacing) and Freefall off the Wall or Mat.
    Love reading stories, very helpful turning pages
    Getting very clever playing the music on her play table, rather than just playing the same one over and over again!
    Playing with her maraccas

Probably more but that is all I have time for!!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast