Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 1st ~ 15th 2008 #8

Squidipa. That insect thing sounds nasty! And Yay for the job interviews for DH. that they are successful. And goodluck with your compensation claim, I hope it all goes well and doesn't continue to cause you stress. And I'm confused by the ccb too so don't ask me on that one!

As for the missed AF visit, I wouldn't worry too much yet. I think it can take up to 6 months before it goes completely back to normal, and you haven't had it back that long yet have you? If you really think you may be and you are starting to get some of the typical symptoms then perhaps go and see a doc, but otherwise put it down to stress and still returning to normal. That's just my opinion though!

Took Jett in to childcare on Thursday again to try and introduce him to it. This time I left him in the room to see how he would go. But the waiting area was just outside the room. They wanted me to wait there in case they needed me to ask any questions etc. OMG it was so hard. The waiting area was surrounded by about 6 rooms and I think 5 of them had babies crying in them. And I could swear I could hear Jett crying, no screaming and crying hysterically, but I thought they would come out and get me if it was him. And I wasn't convinced it was him, it just sounded a little bit different to him. So I sat there, hating every minute, but not wanting to take a peek and perhaps set him off if he wasn't already. I rang a couple of people just to distract myself..... and the screaming/scrying continued. Finally they came out of the room with my very distressed little boy. Red puffy eyes and snotty nose. The tears welled up in my eyes and I got a big lump in my throat. I felt so awful, and confused as to why they didn't come out and get me. The reason I didn't totally recognise his cry (if I was completely convinced it was him I would have gone in) was because he doesn't normally get that hysterical. I've usually calmed him before we get to that stage.

He wasn't crying because I had left the room, but because one of the other little girls was sitting behind him and she has a very loud shriek which set him off. I did know this was a problem, he doesn't like other babies shrieking or crying. Even if they are shrieking because they are happy which is what Matilda had done. And because of this they just tried to calm him. But they didn't realise that he would need his dummy to help him calm down, and there was a new carer in there who had come in from one of the other rooms who was looking after him and she didn't even know his dummy was there at all. So his two security blankets - Me and his dummy, were not available to him at a time when he really needed us!

So we discussed it all and have decided to try again on Monday. Thursday was an awful day to try anyway because we had a particularly rough night the night before for some unknown reason and he was being especially clingy so he would have been ultra-sensitive. So hopefully Monday will be a better day to try again, and to make it better for me I will be going down to the other end of the building so I don't have to listen to him or any other babies crying! Wish us luck!

aww mt poor jett... he is a mummies boy thats the way i liek my boys

as for AF well i had to trolley a fridge down the back stairs cause hubbie is not great at those things and then i got him to help em carry a chest freezer up the steep back steps to the kitchen and i started to get these real bad pains and i started to bleed so ahh yeah there it is. i have not yet even gone to bed for the night i know some women like to were the pants and run everything but sometimes its just to much when u do go to sleep its restless nightmares and then only a few hours and very broken up. some times its get a bit much having to remember everything and everything being soley on my head money wize and all our future seems to be on me to run the show if ya know what i mean. Just about every part of me is totally buggered swollen or pulled or aching or cramping. sorry a me winge again dont get me wrong good things are happening but i always feel like i carry the whole households burdens and stresses at time. maybe im just over tired.

Squidipa - You sure do sound like you need a rest.

Squidipa - you certainly do sound tired, maybe a little bit overwhelmed? With the ccb, I'm pretty sure that you have to be working or studying for 15 hours a week as a minimum. I do 7.5 hours work on Fridays, and centrelink asked if I would do 8 hours a week in the business, and i"m like.. uh yeah.. MORE than that.. LOL

lovelies... we're back!
    We had a wonderful time, I've posted about it here so I don't clog up this thread!
    We are happy to be home, except I have a horrible flu and got my AF yesterday - it was a bit of a surprise I'd forgotten all about it LOL. Hope everyone is going well.
    Kiwigirl - it was great to meet you and Eli! What a little cutie = well not so little! And what a great crawler! He was so cute chasing the birds! We will post up the photos soon.... I'm still unpacking
    MT - that must have been so hard with Jett at child care.
    Vic - YAY for N's first tooth! and Happy 9 months if I didn't already say it??
    Squiddy - you need a rest babe! sounds like it's all too much!
    Sash - woohoo for Kye's crawling!
    MM - big squishy THANK YOU SO MUCH - got my gorgeous purple cammo tester! Testing right now!
    Mel - mwah - how are you going girlfriend?
    Hi to anyone I've missed.... hope you're all well, it's good to be back!

Hey peoples ... been lurking, but not posting .... slacker, I know

Pix - as soon as I had made that one, I could so see Beth in it!! IYKWIM? Glad you guys had a great time in NZ - sooooooo jealous!!

MT - for you and Jett, poor little munchkin .... Vey sometimes gets set off by things like that too, and sometimes he'll cry just cause one of his brothers or sister are crying!

Squidipa - as far as the website etc goes, google "domain names" - there are heaps of companies that register them, and all do it for different prices, so search until you find one that's suitable for you And web space - I have found one that do $9.99 a month (and you can pay monthly), they are called unlimited space web hosting (google that too ) I don't know about setting it up, as I do mine myself.There are a number of open source free e-commerce site, zen cart, os commerce, cube cart ... you need an FTP program to upload these to your web space (I use firefox browser, and they have an FTP add-on called fireftp) ... then yo u just need to figure out what you want to sell HTH!

Vic - YAY for N's tooth!!!

Sash - woohooo for K crawling!!

Not much else going on here ... Vey still looks like a vampire (I call him fang boy atm! lol!) Just trying to get motivated to get busy!!

Anyways, gonna head off and check on dinner! MWAH!!!!xxx

thanks mm thats great and thanks everyone for everything

Hello??? Anyone?

Am lurking... packing, moving this weekend.

Nakita has been diagnosed with Croup again, so we are on a double dose, and higher dose of steroids, poor bubba

Aww poor Miss N. That must be so hard for her. for you too Vic. That's horrible and such awful timing with the move too. for a speedy recovery.

oh no vic, thats so bad, i think if itw as me and joshie i would be complaining all the time i dont do well when the kids are unwell big HUGS for you all.

im happy, sad and feeling a bit lost all in one but i guess i should tell you why
    JOSHIE has cut 2 TEETH!!!!!! he is growing up oh MY gosh!

Sorry been MIA but my days lately seem to have been just passing me by LOL

Squid - for Joshies two teeth, wow!! Still no teeth here yet, are they ever going to come

Vic - massive to you babe re: Nakita, it is hard enough having to deal with that as it is let alone when you're moving aswell! Lets hope the double dose fixes her up quick smart!

Kye is well and truly crawling now it is so cute! I created a Flickr account yesterday so will try and post a video for everyone to see!

Anyway back to bed I go

Thankyou for your messages MT, Nagro, Squidi, Pixie!!

I think getting on top of it earlier and getting the increased steroids has helped, I am just bummed that she got it again so quickly. Looks like that she is going to be more susceptible... grrrr... think I jinxed myself as just before it happened like only 1/2 an hour I messaged some Prem Playgroup friends saying that we were looking on the birhgt side that we were going to be lucky and just have it as a once off, rather than worrying about it

Other news......

Testing results arrived Monday...... and the answer is... Itti Bitti D'lish I was testing nappies... sorry for being a tease And already I am totally in love with them!!! N was in them all day yesterday, they fit beautifully under her 3-6month PP jeans and today under her 00 pink cord pants. They are soooo much better than the Pea Pods we have been using!!

I would also like to use them as a night nappy, but N it absolutely soaking the dippies overnight while she is on the steroids due to the extra couple of feeds, so will have a try when she goes back to normal feeds.

We are moving this weekend, which means I should be packing and not online , the garage door is being installed today, the grout around the tiles is being sealed today and tomorrow, our fibre is being connected this week, so we will have our TV and everything working, but the phonelines/internet will be connected on the 6th with it being active on the 7th, lucky I have wireless for work in the meantime, but our new connection will be insanely fast... apparently!!

N has just gone down for a nap so I'd better get off my butt and get a few things done while she is resting as I have no idea how long she will sleep as yesterday she just had 2 30min naps

Quick personals!!

Wow Sasha your video of Kye crawling is awesome!!!! Gooo Kye!!

Glad you had a fabulous trip to NZ Pixie!!!!

Wooo Hoooo Squidipa for Joshies two teeth that is awesome!! for everything else that is going on at the moment, I really hope things go your way you deserve it.

Congrats on your nappies MM they are looking fabulous, are you thinking of selling them??

Better run, will be back when I can!!
    xxoo

Good luck with the move Vic! I hope it goes smoothly for you. I hope Miss N starts settling down back to normal again really soon!

Sasha - Can't wait to see the video. It is very cute when they crawl about. Jett has become quite the little adventurer too, loves going in, around and under things!! Is also fascinated by the pets water bowl!

Squidipa - Yay for teeth! 2 at once, that's awesome!

Hey to everyone else! I hope you are all going well and those little ones are keeping you on your toes!

Not too much happening here. Took Jett back to childcare on Monday. He was better this time, the carer there commented that he was like a different baby so could see that it was very out of character last time. He still got grizzly towards the end, but I think that was a combination of being tired and hungry. I will go back again next Monday so hopefully we can get the timing a bit better this time and he won't be hungry or tired!

I got a woohoo moment this morning when I woke up and realised Jett had only woken up once last night. But it was short-lived. He was extra grumpy last night and so I gave him some nurofen so am thinking this may have helped him sleep a bit longer. He has a little congested cough so I am not sure if this is making him feel unwell or if he is teething. He has been biting me for the past few days while feeding - ouchies! And I have noticed that alot more things are going in the mouth. I can't put my finger in his mouth to check cos he clamps down and his bottom two choppers are way too sharp!!

Ok, Jett has gone down for a nap so I had better quickly do the clean-up ready for the next shift!

Thanks MT

Well I will be MIA... details are all HERE!

BBS
    xxoo

hope things run smoothly for u vic xoxo

just dropping joshie weighs 9.7 kilo and im having a cruzy day today hope everyone is well and k

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast