thread: Babies Born August 1st ~ 15th 2008 #8

Nov 2007
    Cocooned in the love of my family!

Wow! Check out the dust in this place!! And it looks like the spiders have set up residence too!

How is everyone? Where is everyone?

Jett has bronchitis so we have been trying to manage that since last Thursday. This morning I have woken up with a headache, aches and pains and sore throat! Great!!

It is my last week before I go back to work which I am really not looking forward to at all. And now we are both sick so we don't even get to make the most of it. Jett was probably awake for a total of 2 hours today. Poor thing, he is just so miserable.

Jett is very actively getting around now, and I have caught him on a number of occasions standing there with only a fingertip resting for support! He only started crawling 4 weeks ago.

I hope everyone is well and can't wait to hear what you have all been up to!!

Jan 2008

oh no mt big huggles for u and jett hope u get better real soon.

Jun 2008
    in the eye of a toddler tornado

Hey folks.... been lurking but feeling terrible so not posting much. Ever since we got back from NZ I have had the worst sore throat, have lost my voice a couple of times, which never happens to me. Hasn't helped that Beth has been cutting her entire top row of teeth - sheesh! Sunday night was like this:
    8pm bed, 10.30 dreamfeed, 12.30 wake, bonjela and BF, repeat at 1.30, 2.30, 4am and 5.40... But the good news is that her FOUR top teeth are through the gum and last night she slept right through, with a grizzle here or there but I didn't need to get up so happy, I really needed that!
    Sorry you have to go back to work so soon MT, and that J is sick hope he's better today.
    I am supposed to go back to work at the end of June, and although I don't know what's happening with my job, I find I am ditching the gym (where I would have to leave her for an hour) in favour of finding new playgroups we can go to together!
    I am so slack I haven't even posted up our NZ photos yet... will have to do that this week!
    Squiddy for Joshie's weight! he's really stacking it on now!
    Vic hope the move goes well and the new house is awesome. Gotta love the IBs.... we love them too, but I think I said on your other thread, Beth's Beyonce booty is too big for her smalls now.... although we are considering going over to the fluffy side, and the Bear is all in favour so
    Go Kye and Jett with the crawling. Beth refuses to crawl. Even at swimming lessons where they are supposed to crawl through the tunnel she just lies there playing with the water! Yesterday I held one hand and the swimming teacher held the other and she walked along the mat into the pool.
    MM you've been quiet, you must be making nappies!
    And Mel :mwah: hope you're well hon don't see you around so much these days!
    big and to everyone, sorry I've been slack, hopefully I will be feeling better soon

Jan 2008

oh no pixie thats bad have u seen adr or a few about the repedative throat being sore???

joshie is sorta army crawling pulling himself forward he can defently reach a rusk lol.
    hubbies better so thats good and me well i dunno think over stressed its terrible sounds like im always saying that up side is its making me drop weight.

Jun 2007
    Where Chaos is fun and plentiful!!!!

Pixie... I hear your pain!!!!!!! Shane has all four top teeth coming too!!! The two outer ones have cut but the two front ones are still giving him hell!!! At least it will all be over and done with soon!!

Squidipa.. Glad to hear everyone is getting better, now you can relax and concentrate on feeling better yourself!!

Jun 2008

HAPPY 9 MONTHS TO SHANE FOR YESTERDAY!

Feb 2008
    In my own little world

MM you've been quiet, you must be making nappies!
    And PJ's! And on a time limit too now!

Oct 2007
    ★ nor here nor there ★

Happy 9 months Jett for today you spunky little fella!!

Happy 9 months Shane for yesterday you cute little fella!!

N has finally settled into the new hosue and is well again, hoping that this time it lasts!!

Still surrounded by boxes and crap, so better head off and cook dinner before more unpacking

Jan 2008

YAY for miss N so so so so glad to hear she is better yay!

Nov 2007

Happy 9 months and 10 months respectively to all the bubs!! I can't believe our bubs have been outside as long as they were inside now!

Well we are having a hard job in transitioning Jett in to childcare. He has been quite sick all week but we have persevered with going in there because he has to go in there next week regardless and I didn't want him to go in blind. But because he is so miserable with his virus leaving him alone in a strange room with strange people is just too much for him. And then he cries and cries and the snot flows and flows!! They even put a bib on him today to catch it all!!

Today I left him in there by himself for 3/4 hour and nothing would settle him. So I then went back in and we stayed for another 1 1/2 hours and he was much happier, although he still cried a bit. It made the carers feel a bit better because they thought he must just not like him! But he did start smiling at them and climbing all over them when I was in the room so I think we are getting there. I just don't want him to always associate going in to that room with being inconsolably upset, but I only have one more day before he has to go and stay!! Really makes me greatful that when I do go back to work on Monday that I can go and visit him as often as needed to feed or console him and we can still work on this transition. I think I would be pulling the pin if he was going in somewhere where I couldn't see him or calm him down if needed after the transition so far. There is another baby who started yesterday who is the opposite. She cries if anyone pays her too much attention!! So they just put her to bed when needed, change her nappy when needed and other than that just leave her to play on the floor by herself!! She cries if they pick her up! Her Mum also comes to breastfeed when needed. In fact out of all the babies I think there is only 4 babies that aren't BF. 2 of those are twins so 1 mum!

Jan 2008

mt i hear ya about bubs been out as long as in our tummies i was thinking same thing its wow hey.

i think your an amazing woman persevering at the childcare it must be so hard on you obviously jett is doing his best in this department also but its such a big change i don't know how i could do it. You have been so good im not sure if i would have tried as many times as u did wow your a GOOD mom. I hope you take this in the right way im tired and not sure if my wording is coming out the best it could be. what i am trying to say is it shows how much you care for and love Jett and i think your GREAT!

I have just realized this whole NO only mom or dadda factor with joshie. he refused to sleep for me during day no way only dadda can do that :S He was fine when we were in nz but not now. If i leave the room its like sudden water works. And if anyone should try to hold him oh no. well thats good no one here we really know. But the ex got a big shock today when holding him hahaha. Leasha well i think he will be cool with her he was before so soon ill find out when i see her next.

I just know there is NO way he would go to daycare enless i was there the whole time. Your lucky mt being able to see him while at work thats like so amazingly fab your lucky.

well its late and my body says bed but the brain is on and going but i must at least try to force my self to sleep... im looking forward to my new stock coming

Well the pc got fixed from ex today if anyone read my post other than pixie of what went wrong so YAY!! and im doing my best to get this web site up and running asap. Its hard work. and i feel like im not getting very far.

gotta try to sleep good nite xoxoxox hug those bubs and share your love and cuddles they will only be in that moment of time once

Nov 2007

Thanks Squidipa, I knew what you were trying to say!

Glad to hear you got your PC fixed. Can't wait to see your new store!

Oct 2007
    ★ nor here nor there ★

MT for both you and Jett, I hope that CC does become a positive experience for Jett, crossing my fingers for a more successful visit today, that is fabulous that you can BF there, saves expressing!! Ahhh my friend the pump

Squidipa, I hope your 'puter problems sort themselves out quicksmart

Thanks!! We are glad that she is back to her old self, although I wasn't so excited at 3am this morning about having to get up and feed! But such is life!! Although I cannot complain as she slept for 12 hours straight the night before!

to everyone else hope you are all doing well and your bubbas are growing and developing like little champions!

Take Care
    xxoo

Apr 2007
    NZ

Hi!! We are back from Aussie.. had a great time but so so busy so I didn't get a chance to meet any of you this time but we will be back E was outstanding as always and adapted so well to everything.

I've now got the flu and am in bed.. not much fun. DH is out with E and being amazing looking after him. Can't imagine being a single mum???

About to read all your messages now...

Apr 2009
    Melbourne

Hi everyone,
    I have just found this thread. My little miracle Max was born 8th August 2008 and is loved by our entire family.
    Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Jun 2008

Mumofmax and welcome! Good to have you on board.
    Rach sorry to hear you have the flu - we have it too, have done since we got back from NZ and I have been so slack I haven't even posted my NZ photos - including the ones of Beth and Eli .... must do that in the next few days
    MM big big for having such a hard time with Jett at day care. I think its a really hard age for them, with separation anxiety kicking in. Really hope it goes well next week.
    Beema good to hear N is on the mend and hope the new house is going great!
    Hope things are getting better for you squiddy - good to hear the ex sorted your pc out.
    Well, still trying to fight this flu and finding it hard to believe that my little baby girl is 9 months old today! It's going soooooo fast!
    We took her to the movies today - Star Trek which I didn't think was exactly a baby movie but the Bear just wanted to see what she'd make of it. She liked it at first but I think she was overwhelmed a bit by the end. Too many explosions and loud noises. Might take her to see Monsters vs Aliens next!
    big to all

Jan 2008

gday mum of max welcome

i hope you get better real soon kiwi girl big :hugs:

thanks everyone for your encouragement, i went into Kmart today and they had a sale on their clearance toys 50% of what ever that clearance toy is currently marked so seems like i done some unexpected Christmas shopping the credit card was hot, seems like i got dip into my savings and pay it back now.

OH OH OH OH pixie was the movie any GOOD???????????

Jun 2008

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL OF US!

Hope you're all being spoiled for the day!

... 51314151617