Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 1st ~ 15th 2008 #8

Hi all!!

MT... Shane has gone through a poo spurt too, seems i am forever changing icky pooey nappies!! But like Jett, he is happy as and no other dramas, the only thing i can put it down to is that we have upped the food a bit during the day -

doh sorry ladies, boy is awake, short and sweet might try and come back later!!!

Just realised Veygas has hit the 8 month mark too!!! I have gotten so used to saying "nearly 8 months" that it simply slipped by!!

so .....

HAPPY 8 MONTHS VEYGAS!!!!!!

Oh my I thought I was in the wrong thread, nobodys posted since the 23rd March Are we all busy

Good news - Kye slept through last night I'm so excited!
    Hopefully this is the beginning of settling back down again at night. We had some shocker nights in NZ I tell ya!

Anyways thats all from me - K is due to wake up any minute. Has been asleep for an hour and a half, woooohoooo!!
    Last edited by nagromeyk; March 25th, 2009 at 01:10 PM.

I'm still here.. just lurking... got nothing interesting to say... as usual

Sasha - glad Kye slept through for you. Are you going to any of the brisbane breakfast meet ups at all?

Happy 8 months to Veygas!!!! only 4 more months and we'll have toddlers!!! arghhhhh - two toddlers!!!! its getting scary.

Not much happening here.. Miss M is in a nice little routine - just trying to drop one of her bottles (she was on 5 a day) so trying to drop her to 4. So at the moment, she has one at 6.30am, one at around 1.30pm, 6.30pm and 10pm. Can't seem to stop that 10pm one unfortunately!!! But she only had 100mls this morning - she's a little bit under the weather - think another tooth is coming through.

No news other than that though

Hope everyone else is well!

Yeah I'm still here too! Just busy with run o' the mill, every day stuff like housework, shopping, being mummy etc Plus trying to whip up nappies super fast (which isn't happening as fast as I'd like it to be!!)

Insomnia hitting hard too ... I'm finding it hard to function cause I can't sleep and when I am tired enough, it's in the middle of the day so I can't really leave the 2 little ones alone to have a nap!! (well they wouldn't let me anyway! ) So every day, I'm constantly hitting that wall of tiredness and going straight through it!!

Oh well ...

Sash - glad Kye is sleeping through! Veygas has gotten into a routine of 10-11pm and 4-5am wake ups again Doesn't really help when I'm not getting to sleep til about 3am!

Mel - 2 toddlers I was kinda there with Miss and Master K, and will kinda be there again with K & V ...

Not much else to report ...

Mel - I was intending to go to the last Brisbane meetup but I had a friends birthday party to go to that day. When is the next one? I havent even had the chance to catch up on BB since we got home.

MM - sorry about the insomnia I guess ya get that when ya have 4 kiddies

The funniest thing just happened. I gave K a bottle at 1245 thinkin he would go to sleep as he was cranky but he didnt so I brought him out and sat him on the couch, gave him some of his Wheel Pals (playskool cars) he said 'na na na na' for ages then just fell asleep sitting up

I'm loving this age they're at now, he is doing some funny stuff at the moment; it's defintely keeping me entertained

Thats all for now, ciao bellas!

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

wow....its been a while since ive had the internet! i wont even start about how telstra managed to mess it up! anyway, its back on now...i can finally send some more photos to england! my mum is starting to miss her daily mail shot!

Hope everyone is well and all the bubs are good, i will get back on here tonight and try to catch up on all the posts i missed!

News from here.....grace is now cruising around the lounge/cot/anything she can hold on to!! its very funny and she is very proud of herself, so wierd to see my little baby standing up and learning to take steps...amazing though!!!
    she now has two teeth!!! both the bottom ones!
    The sleeping is getting better, we have got in to a got pattern of when her day sleeps are, rather than just sleeping when ever, she now sleeps from 8.30-9/9.30 then 12.30 till 2.30/3, if she is still asleep at 3 i just open her bedroom door and she wakes up slowly. then down for the night at 6. its been going really well, last night she woke up at 2am for a quick feed and then woke up for the day at 5.30!!!! woohoo

will try to do personals later!!! hi to all!

just a quick one, Beth is mega irritable today... she had two mini power naps in the car, which has put her off a proper nap but left her overtired and grizzly.
    HAPPY EIGHT MONTHS VEYGAS!!!
    MM we have the two wake ups a night going here too.... what do you do with V when he wakes up? do you feed him back to sleep or resettle him another way? Last night a quick feed to sleep worked the first time then the second time she was awake for an hour and nothing was working.
    Beck good to hear Miss Grace is sleeping better
    Sash at Kye falling asleep sitting up!
    She just took half a dozen steps using her walker.... usually I am holding it to stop it going too fast (so she doesn't fall flat on her face) but this time I wasn't. One minute she was sitting next to it, the next she had pulled herself up on the couch, grabbed hold of the walker and gone for a walk! I'm in so much trouble!
    big to all

LOL pix! Veygas has one of those sit-in walker thingys (they joys of handed-down-handed-down-hand-me-downs!!! ) In that, he sits really well, and cruises around the kitchen / dining room (well as far as the clutter atm will let him!) And he is super fast with his commando crawling now - he does laps of the house!!

Actually, one of your photos on FB, I commented to DP that Beth was standing really well, and it wouldn't be too long before she was off and running! LOL!

As far as his waking, I usually feed him back to sleep cause I am toooooooo buggered to put up with his shenanigans!! Cause as you can see, it's about 1.15am and I am still awake

Lol sasha!! I guess I haven't really had a good nights sleep for about 8 and a half years!! How cute of Kye falling asleep sitting up!!

Bec - wooohooo for the teeth and the sleep!!

And our stupid cat that went missing is STILL missing ... maybe that's why I'm stressed and not sleeping .... all I can hope is that someone has taken her in and is looking after her rather than ... well ... the thing we all don't want to think about, kwim ....

Anyways ... should toodle, lie in bed with some boring stuff on tv and hope I drift off!

mwah!

oh my everyones bubs are progressing so fast and so wel congrats moms and dads

well what do i say the weeks have gone so fast, the kids saw a seal and a penguin on the beach and loved it Joshie LOVESLOVES LOVES the the quad bike he looks like he was seriously born to ride. Crusing up and down the beach hehe

there was a few more things i wanted to do with kids since being here but it seems our days are so full as it is so dunno if we will get to them tho. We brought over a LOAD of dvd's to amuse kids b ut they havnt even got to watch them hardly. So i guess thats GREAT. Last night me and hubbie made chicken pamajana for everyone it was yummo. I have been doing washing at nanna's as the water if cheaper here than out at glinks. Waiting for joshies morning poop then ill do another load of nappies. i am really seeing the savings and lovig it.

teh wharehouse had a 50 percent off sale on soem jewlery i got hubbie a watch and that was 60 percent off so 40 nz dollars so about 28 australian dollars hubbie bought me a ring its got i think 12 diamonds in it its a straight band. it was 300nz reduced down to 149 nz so all up for us would have been 112 australian dollars
    another good buy. DD bought a necklace right from under my nose lol she will grow into it. W have seriously not been spending much so thats awesome that allowed us to splurge a little.

to make our holiday interesting the kids brought over lice eeekkkk so been doing the regualr conditioning treatment. We are now on top of them. Mind you ive been blessed and avoided them getting in my hair YAY.

well i betetr get going poppa's our with the digger and i thought ild get kids up and take a nice slow walk up or is it down hrmmm the drive way i think i need more coffee... been a bit stressed lease renual and ya know how its STILL yes STILL up for sale i wonder if they may just not renew our lease thinking selling an empty house could be easier. we have decided if we can only get a 6 month lease then we will try to look for another place. hrmmm maybe i dunno if it works out yeah

Sorry no time for personals, flat out working atm soo much happening, house nearly finished , but packing, really gotta get moving.

N wave goodbye to me yesterday when I left her at CC, was soooo cute!! Sitting well unaided, could stand all night if we let her, Daddy offered her a sports car if she would walk to him the other day, but she didn't go for it

She is also loving her sandwiches atm and feeding herself with the spoon

My baby is growing up alllllll tooooo faaaasstttt!!

Down to 62 kg too now!!! 2 kg below pre preg!! Super happy as at the moment I am not trying... must be stress! But a paina s all my jeans and pants are falling down.. except my trackies

xxoo

Hi Everyone,

Just realised I have been missing in action. Been out and about alot but have been reading which is why I didn't realise I had been missing!!

Sounds like we've got some very impressive bubs in our midst.

We have no news really. Jett is still constantly pooing. Finally took him to the doctors today. She said that basically the gastro has wrecked his gut and he has a temporary intolerance to certain foods. She is guessing dairy as lactose is the one that they are most sensitive to. So for the next two weeks it is no dairy for him, and no dairy for me. I'm not sure how I'm gonna go!! And I have to collect a poo sample tomorrow - yay for me!! Just to make sure that it isn't something more sinister. And I have to see if I can get a pro-biotic that is suitable for babies as apparently that has been proven to aid healing. Might get some for me too, just to make sure. But he is not dehydrated in the slightest so at least it isn't more serious.

Ok, I'm off, it's late.... goodnight Mums and Bubs

Hi everyone!!

Squidipa... Sounds like your all having a ball!! Great bargains on the jewelry!! DH loooves to boast that he gets all my jewelry at great prices!! lol My birthday and our anniversary are both in January when they have lots of sales!! lol Enjoy the rest of your holiday!!

Pixie.... Wow!! Go Beth!! What a trooper!! Oh as for night wakes, we still feed to sleep here too, well we feed all the time to sleep, not just night wake ups, but i have been keeping an eye on him and pulling him off when i know he is just comfort sucking and he will open his eyes and resettle, then i will put him down. We have been having some frequent wakes here some nights, other nights he is good from 9 or so till 4. Struggling with day time here too a bit i think he is slowly getting down to 2 naps- if they are good ones, or else he has about 3 or 4 short ones. He seems to sleep better after food, so i am starting to do breakfast lunch and dinner- with a nap in between and then bed, but we havent quite found our rhythm with it yet.

Beema... Wow N is feeding herself with a spoon???!!!! Shane just tries to eat the spoon!! But he is doing well with his finger foods of vegies! He thinks broccoli rocks!! oh and peas and corn too!! Congrats on the weight loss! I can feel a good excuse for a shopping trip coming up!! You need clothes that fit!!

MM... I hope you find your kitty cat soon- i know of a few cats that have gone walkabout lately, must be a ratehr large cat party going on somewhere!!

MT.... I hope J gets better soon!! I know you can get a baby probiotic- its in powder form so you can mix it with with food or milk or water. I used some with shane when we were battling thrush. Good luck with not eating dairy!!

Shane is totally mobile now!! Crawling like a pro!! !!) And he has a new favourite game... Chasies!!! Soo cute, he starts off and then stops, looks at me with the cheekiest of grins and squeels so i chase him and tickle him!! He has had a few crashes though with that game!! lol he gets so excited that he forgets to crawl and falls on his face!!!! But he is getting pretty good and recovering too!! lol

And my gosh- am i discovering just how many tiny little things dwell in my house that i was un aware of!! lol He finds them all!!! He found a dried up pea yesterday- thats he had dropped from dinner the night before!! I tell you what he is keeping me on my toes!! lol And until today, i thought his room was a safe zone, but low and behold, he managed to pull himself up on his clothes shelf! I walked in to find him standing up reaching to get a clock off the top of it!! I was proud and petrified all at once!! lol At least he had pulled all his clothes out of the shelf though, so he owuld have had something soft to land on if he fell!!

Oh and nappy time has reached a whole new level of FUN.. he was going through this stage of rolling everytime i would go to put on his nappy, so i conqured that by having a toy in my mouth to tease him with and make him stay on his back, but NOW he has conqured that by showing the toy NO interest and thinking that rolling away is just the funnest thing ever!! So now i am a pro at putting on a nappy from behind!! Not easy i tell you!!

Well i hope all is well with everyone!! have a good day!!

xoxo SB

Quote Originally Posted by MummyTummy View Post
    Just realised I have been missing in action. Been out and about alot but have been reading which is why I didn't realise I had been missing!!
    I think a few of us have found ourselves MIA at one stage or another!! Hope that the no dairy helps clear things up for Jett! We don't have ALOT of dairy here, DP and DD both get tummy aches, so they usually have soy stuff, and more often than not, I use coconut cream in cooking ...

Vic - for the weight loss! You must be looking and feeling good!!

Squidipa - you notice the savings heaps with cloth hey? I look at my shopping each week and think how did I ever afford nappies on top of that??!?!?!? But our weekly shop is alot less than what it used to be, plus we have that little extra to spend on treats, or a little splurge every now and again!

SB - wow Shane is doing really well!

So, the prodigal cat returned tonight (after being missing for 8 or 9 days) I had just about given up hope She is skinny as - well she's not a big cat and was always pretty light, but you can seriously feel every rib, her stomach has shrunk, I'm sure, cause she struggled with a small bowl of food and a saucer of milk and she is sooooooo light to pick up. TBH, I am surprised that she is still alive!! But glad to have her home (minus her ID tag, yet her collar still on?!)

Anyways, I'm off to bed, I feel like I can actually sleep tonight ... it must have been all the stress and worry of not knowing where she was or what had happened kwim?

mwah to all! xxx

Morning!

MM - glad to hear that your cat has arrived home safe n sound. It is always scary when they go 'missing'. Sasha, my husky has only ever done it once (ages ago when she was a terror of a pup LOL) but she knew her direction, took herself straight to the vet I have her microchipped for peace of mind, they called me while I was at work one day and said 'we have your baby' and I was thinking

SB - for Shane's acheivements! It is so cool this age to see all the milestones they are reaching!

Vic - awesome about the weight loss! Mine has stopped haha NZ didnt help, whole time I was there I just ate [email protected]

MT - hope Jett gets better soon! Bugger about the dairy, I dont know how I would go either, love my cheese too much LOL

We're in for a wet weekend I think - forecast to rain for the next few days ahhhh well at least it will fill our pool up LOL

Not alot else to report, hope everyone is well!

Byeeeeee

Yeah sash, our cats are chipped too, unfortunately we haven't had a chance to change our address yet ( oopsy I know!) but judging by her appearance, it seems she was caught in a trap or something ... stupid cat - it's the same one that my old horrible neighbour used to lure into her yard and then take to the RSPCA! So yeah, she's an indoor cat for a while now!!

Hello!!! So awesome reading your updates - aren't our babies growing up fast?!?!

Yay for Shane + Grace getting mobile! Love the sig pic of Kye Sasha! MM so glad your cat turned up again.. albeit much smaller. Squidipa glad you're having fun here

E is now crawling properly and cruising - so cool! I love it

Found out he's also allergic to eggs (I was as a kid so hardly surprising). No teeth yet but I think they are moving since he's had bright red cheeks (some days it's just one, other days it's the other, sometimes it's both!) all week and a few cranky moments.

Congrats Vic on the weight loss. I am still on a plateau of 2kg below pre-preg. Still want to lose 5kg more I put on during my first preg. I need to do more exercise.

That your kitty is home MM!! Hopefully she will learn not to stray again!! Oh and thank you for reminding me that we havent changed our address for our doggies chips!! Must do that soon!!

Kiwi girl.. yay that E is mobile too!! It is so much fun watching them explore the world!!!

As for teeth... i can feel that one of his bottom ones have like JUST broken through the gum, but he wont let me in to get a good look at how far it is poking out!! But does this mean he has cut a tooth or do they break through the gums and go back down again?? I only noticed it yesterday, and then its still there today!! I wish he would let me look!!! lol

Well i hope everyone has a great Sunday!!
    xoxo SB

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast