Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 1st ~ 15th 2008 #8

everyone!!

Well we've had some shocking nights here lately - last night I thought Vey was gonna sleep through cause it got to 9pm and he was still asleep, then 9.30pm, then 10pm ... 10.30, he woke up with the most ear splitting scream! He didn't want to be held,but he didn't want to be left in his cot ... he didn't want to feed, he didn't want to burp, his nappy was fine ..... I finally settled him and laid in my bed with him, then he decided he did want to feed, but after 5 minutes got all upset again .... this continued til about 1.30am (I'm surprised the other kids didn't wake up!) Even the cats all came in to see what was wrong, which in a way was good, cause Vey loves paying with them, so of course, even though he stopped crying, he thought it was play time!

And of course, he was really tired, having been awake and restless for so long! I felt horrible, but I had to put him back in his cot cause he was just thrashing about by this time in my bed ... and this was the third or fourth time I had tried to put him back to bed! But this time, he cried for about 30 seconds and then went to sleep.

This morning, I can see why he is so grumpy - he has both the teeth NEXT TO the front top ones coming through ... mind you the front ones aren't through yet (still just the two bottom ones) but he has been really off his food lately and prefers boobie over food

Oh well ....

Hope all the mums and bubs are doing well! It's very quiet in here ........

It has been very quiet here indeed!!

I am sitting here enjoying an awesome storm!! Heaps of thunder and we have lost power a few times (not that that will effect my net though lol wireless laptops are great!!) I love storms!! And shane is sleeping right through it!!

We had a great day today- we took part in the Man From Snowy River Street Parade!! The playgroup i go to all got together and we sat in a trailer on bales of hay and rode down the main street as part of the parade!! The whole town (all 100 hunderd of them lol nah there was more than that!! ) stops and line the streets to watch!! We all went to the hall earlier in the day and decorated our trailer with gum tree braches and stuffed animals and we decided to put a tent like gazebo thing over the top to keep the sun off the kids- well lol by 2pm when the parade was on- our "sun" shelter came in very handy as our now "rain" shelter!! lol It was great!! I dressed little shane up in jeans and a collared shirt and some cute little boots and he wore his dads cowboy hat!! lol And my little performer was great once we got going in the parade he started swinging his streamers like the other kids and jumping up and down for the crowd!! It was hilarious!!

Crap i spoke too soon- storm has gone- but Shane has just woken up!!! He has been doing that alot lately!!!

Hope all is well with everyone!!

Bye for now!

Hi!!

Just getting in a post while N has gone to sleep, the washing is in the machine and DH is on his way back from the city, I have asked him to get a few things from the supermarket for me, but I am expecting that he will message me back and say I can go get it when he gets home or I might be lucky

Yesterday a package arrived, it was our big order of Prem Dolls, custom made dolls, which are the size and weight that bubs was when born, gosh it was amazing to look at how far they have come. 6 of us from Prem playgroup did an order together and they ranged from 26 weekers to 34 weekers. A few tears were shed, especially as soon as one starts the rest of us went as well!

I will get some more piccies of N and her doll and put them up on our blog

We are still going without the late feed, N is going through until about 6am at the moment, tonight is a cooler night so I am hoping that she might go longer and not wake up thirsty... she is not taking the boob at night - she arches her back and refuses it, just water. But I am expressing at the late time for a bit to build my supply up in the freezer, I would have killed for this much milk in the freezer so many months ago, I wish I could save some for next time, but it doesn't last that long At least I could go out for a whole day and not worry about it, except for expressing once or twice!

I think N might be getting over her snotty nose again, finally!!! I have had a nasty sore throat last two days and been doing lots of gargling of salt water which is helping and taking some Panadol!

I have period type cramps so I am wondering if the witch is going to return she hasn't yet, but it seems that each month I think she is just around the corner but is a not show...

SB: Pictures Pictures Pictures!!! Shane sound sooo cute!!! The parade sounds like a lot of fun!!

MM: for Master V, two teeth!!! GOSH poor little fella!!!

Mel: you don't wanna talk to us anymore???

Sasha: Eeekkk for the poo-splosion!!! N's poos are finally back to normal, once a day or every two days.

THANKYOU ALL for the Happy 9 months.. still can't believe, too many people are now talking about 1st birthdays.. sooo not ready for that!!

I just realised that out of both of my playgroups I am the only mum who uses cloth, at all!! I am looking forward to Ruddy's $$ cos I can make the last payment on my IB's

THANKYOU also for the hopefull moving news but.... the House isn't going to be finished before Easter, and if you are on FB you may have noticed that I was not happy!!!! will be getting the keys on Thursday the 16th that evening, but the bugger is I need to get the final concrete polish done downstairs and the carpets done everywhere else, so I don't see us moving in that weekend either... GRRRRRR!!!!

Well better go and do something constructive so I don't look like I have been sitting on my butt most of the day!!!

Vic - bummer about the house not being ready for when you want I think when Vey's teeth come through he's gonna look mighty funny ... I might have to start singing "all I want for christmas is my 2 front teeth"!!!! Unless they too decide to make an appearance

SB - Had to have a little giggle about the power not affecting your internet ... we have wireless net and laptop too, but isn't your modem still plugged into the main power?? Or do you just have one of those little wireless USB thingies??

Anyway, I'm off to bed that Vey stays asleep tonight!! (And DP asks if I really want to go through this again!! HELL YEAH!! ) Bring it on baby!! LOL!

MM- Yep usb thingy!!! Comes in very handy!! its also prepaid which i looooove coz i hate bills!!!

Here are some pictures!! http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...00&ppuser=8514

I think thats how you link to the gallery.. lol but actually- how do i do it and have a link that says here???

Morning!

SB - pics are great, Shane looks so cute!

MM - for V being unsettled, but yay for more teeth! Still no sign of teeth here yet, I'm starting to wonder he if has any

Mel - hope you are doing well!

Vic - yay for the prem doll - it is so amazing to see how much N has grown!

Well I got up this morning and put on a batch of Hot Cross Buns using my breadmaker. They're so easy - the machine does the dough part hehe all I have to do is put all the ingredients in, whack it on and in an hour and a half the dough is ready. Have just put them into the oven, yum! I'll let you know how they turn out, havent ever done them before so it will be interesting! LOL

Anyways gotta fly, Mum and I are heading out!

Hi to everyone!

quickie while Beth is distracted
    Had a lovely meetup yesterday with Kitt3n, rufalina, epacris, katones and csab got piccies too
    The Bear is back from his leadership course and is having a snooze. Beth only woke up ONCE last night instead of twice ... things will get a bit better in the sleeping department! She is so cute at the moment... she just walked the whole length of the couch (holding on of course) to get to me. Thanks for all the comments on the walker video
    MM hope the teeth come through soon.... poor Vey! and poor you, wakeful baby plus insomnia bleah
    sash - sorry to hear about the poo explosions.... hope it ends soon for you!
    Beema sorry the house won't be ready. Would love to see pics of the prem doll - especially next to Nakita that would really show how much she's grown!
    SB loved your pics on FB.... hope that sleep thingy was some help.
    Mel - mwah! me wuvs ya babe! hope the new car is a winner
    Well that's about it from us, hope everyone has a great weekend!
    to everyone I missed

Hey Pix, if you know of any meetups in the holidays, let me know .... sure I'll have 4 kids in tow but it beats them going stir crazy at home!

MM check out this thread
    Not sure if I'll be going (and I don't know where it is or when cause I haven't read the whole thread ) cause we might be going away but if I'm meeting up with the inner west girls I'll let you know too!

Pixie- i sent you a pm- but BB has been playing up so i dont think it actually sent!! It was a good read- i think it will be a lot of hard work- so i will be taking baby steps to wean my baby of feeding to sleep!

How do you do the links to things the way you do??? lol I wanna know!!

SB no I don't think I got the PM, but I know what you mean, it all sounds very straightforward when you read it like that but in real life... well they're just not that co-operative really are they? To do the links, you copy the web address you want to link, highlight the word you want to use as the link and then press the button which looks like an earth with a paperclip in front of it, and paste the web address in there. Press OK and you should have your link! HTH

Boo im back nope
    not up to date with all the posts yet sorry
    joshie has to be around 9.4 kilo that was his last weigh in amount. He now takes off in the walker is so cute and gets very moody if not fed FOOD regually lol. No teeth they can be seen just not popped out yet. he loved his holiday and loved most of all the quad bike rides. says mumma and dadda and bubs and lalalala hehehe Plane trip cool glad to be back its such a long journey with a 3 hour drive then checking in 2 hours early then i think it was 3 hour plain trip 1 hour from getting off plane to getting through customs and out again for a 2 hour train trip and a walk back home. im glad thats done and i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my bed!! now its washing clothes unpacking and re washing all our kitchen stuff from dust and what not

got some all in ones bamboo fitted nappies just before leaving and unpacked it today yay im happy and for the last few days before coming back to oz we used disposables as we didn't want to bring back damp cloth nappies, and hubbie complained about the disposables lol im glad he is now fully on board or so it seems.

plunket recomended a car fitter installer thingy place to get the car seat fitted over there and the twit didnt even put up the stabilizing bar i emailed plunket and still waiting for their response as plunket recommended this car restraint fitter.

my mother innlaw in on the plunket committee and will also be addressing this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain mummy View Post

Squidipa - you notice the savings heaps with cloth hey? I look at my shopping each week and think how did I ever afford nappies on top of that??!?!?!? But our weekly shop is alot less than what it used to be, plus we have that little extra to spend on treats, or a little splurge every now and again!
    yes we have especially in nz as we would be paying 47 cents a nappy to throw out. we have decided to write up a chart and when nappy washing day is we put how many nappies we washed on it and at the end of the fortnight put that same amount that we would have spent on disposables into an account and save it. Other wise slowly we might just waste the cash. In Australia the nappies are say what 33.00 on sale and divide that by 72 nappies in a box and ur paying a whopping 45 cents a nappy ridiculous hey. so the savings weekly would be a bit for us even tho we choose to use nappy liners too for the morning poop. each liner is about 9 cents each. one a day most days and yeah massive savings.

vic reading back on some posts and rea u have a prem doll made up i was wondering where did u get form and how much it was to do?
    im surprised at all the developments that's going on crawling and what not wow.

Morning everyone!

Squid - Welcome Home! Glad you had a good time in NZ - we did too!

Had a bit of an unsettled night here, Kye decided to wake up 3 times. He was crying at 2:00am so I went in to check him and he was SITTING UP in his cot. I dont know whether to laugh or to be scared LOL ..... up until then I used to leave the side of the cot down but I know now I cant do that anymore!

Anyways just a short one from me, gotta get breakfast organised for the man.

I'll BBL hopefully

Overnight N started developing quite a raspy cough, in the early hours of this morning her breathing became more laboured, so we grabbed the necessities and trundled off to the WCH, arriving at 4am.

We were seen pretty quickly, which was great, there was only one other bub in the emergency waiting room, which really surprised me, especially with all the bugs around at the moment.

She was diagnosed with Croup, and was given a course of steroids as they could see that she was having trouble breathing, but my liitle trooper still managed an occassional raspberry

She is contagious so no childcare this week, lucky that MIL is coming back down today so she can help out with N in between packing.

She has only had a couple of 5 min catnaps since 3am so I hoping she is going to go down for a big long sleep.

I questioned myself whether to take her in, when you question whether you are getting over stressed about something, but didn't feel right in my gut so thought I'd better follow my instincts. Lucky we did, Dr said if she begins to have trouble breathing again to bring her straight in. You could see her lungs labouring below her ribcage

Hopefully she will be feeling bright and bubbly again soon... Mummy will be after she has had more than 2 hours sleep!

Feeling a bit tired and emotional, but sure that another cup of tea and a nap might help!

BBL
    xxoo

Vic hope she's feeling better soon... poor little muffin
    Sash for Kye sitting up in his bed!
    Squiddy great to hear you had a good time, another MCN addict huh? I'm starting to think I should join the cloth club.... is it too late? how many would I need to start now do you think??
    Well our BIG news is we are going to New Zealand!!!
    For two weeks, we have hired a motorhome so we are going to drive all over the place! We are picking it up in Christchurch and dropping it off in Auckland 2 weeks later... we got a great deal! soooooooooooo excited, and lots to organise but I can't wait!
    No other real news here, Beth is a kamikaze baby at the moment, constantly falling over and hurting herself... pulls up on everything, tries to walk without holding on (doesn't work) is constantly agitating for someone to hold her hand so she can go somewhere. She is grabbing at everything, wants to be picked up and as soon as I pick her up, she wants to get down again. I try to just hold one hand while she walks now, if I hold both she takes off at a run! It's exhausting!
    anyhoo, gotta run to all, maybe BBL if I find the time!

Pixie chick - its never too late to start a cloth addiction. I didn't start until DS was 14 months old.

Squidipa - welcome back, glad you had a good time

Sasha - thank god we're not up to the sitting up in the cot part yet. I have trouble leaning over the cot when the side is up cos I'm so short.. lol

Vic - croup sucks. DS had that too when he was younger - steriods were given to him too - made him bounce off the walls. Hope it clears up for her soon xx

Hello to everyone else

Went for a scan this morning, so that was interesting, a 27 month old bouncing on the bed and an 8 month old in a pram - we couldn't all fit in the same room.. bwahahahahaha

Thank god there's only one heartbeat or else I think I'd go barmy....

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast