Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 1st ~ 15th 2008 #8

Rach - that is absolutely gorgeous!! He is such a clever little bub!! Vey is still commando crawling everywhere and doesn't even sit up yet ... although he does try to pull himself up to standing with furniture But I love how E crawls, then sits, then crawls again ... he's such a happy baby!

I just saw your photos SB. What a beautiful little girl, thankyou for sharing with us. I think Angelpics have done a wonderful job in keeping your very precious memory. Big hugs to you, I can understand very much why you are thinking of her alot atm.

Rach - Very cute. I especially love the rollover in the beginning! Jett doesn't sit as well as E, takes him a bit more effort, but he can do it. But what I would really love is Jett to laugh like that while crawling!! He still whingy cries cos he gets tired! Oh well, it has only been 4 days since he learnt I guess!

Aww yay for Jett! I did a double take since E has the same top as him in your ticker pic hehe! Doesn't he look such the little boy now?

kiwi girl wow that vid is cool i been thinking today and wondering just how much josh is developing i think he is one que hrmmm

i made lasanga for tea and left the kitchen to find myn on my plate was eaten by ds3 along with his tea too hrmm.

Have any of you noticed your babies like to sleep on their stomach now they can roll over and are more mobile? E always switches over now, it's a bit weird for me to see but he goes to sleep soo fast if I put him on his stomach (only have been the last week) rather than his back. When is it "safe" to not worry about sleep position. I feel bad!

yep kiwigirl since rolling josh always sleep on belly but he puts himself there... does anyone use blankets on baby?

KG - I heard that once they are mobile they will put themselves in to all sorts of positions, and because they can do that you no longer need to worry about them sleeping exclusively on their back. They are obviously strong enough to move themselves and get themselves out of trouble. After 6 months the risk of SIDS reduces significantly anyway and I think this is the reason.

Squidipa - Jett is still in our bed, but he is in a light sleeping bag.

Ok, better go. Off to get my hair done.... hmmm.... should be interesting now that Jett is on the move! Hopefully he will sleep for most of it!

Rach - K puts himself to sleep on his stomach now too, has been doing it for a while actually! I have a classic photo of him 'passed out' on his tummy the very first time he did it. That vid of Eli is soooo cute, I cant wait for Kye to crawl, he's starting to get on his knees but I think he is still wee while away yet. Prefers to drag himself around the floor instead

Anyways gotta shoot, the boy is due to wake up any minute!

Hope everyone is doing ok!

BBL maybe

ETA - just checked Kye and he has gone from his stomach to his side LOL ..... I just cant believe how clever our bubs are becoming and so quickly!
    Last edited by nagromeyk; April 8th, 2009 at 09:00 AM.

Squidipa.. Yeah we are using a blanket- Shane still likes to have a thin wrap not really wrapped but just over him while we feed, and then i lay him in the cot and pull the blanket over him. At night he goes in his sleeping bag as he is a clever little man and crawls in his sleep! (yep belly sleeper here too!!) and crawls out from under the blanket.
    Its going to get very cold here in VIC over winter and i am thinking we will probably end up co sleeping full time in the coldest part of winter as i just feel that shane will be too cold all on his own in his cot and will need our body warmth to keep him warm.

Rach.. what a cracker!! Eli is gorgeous!! Laughing at himself so cute!! He will be doing laps of your house in no time!!

I have been having sooo much trouble getting shanes nappies on lately!! The little bugger just crawls away and no stands up whenever i try and put one on him!! DH changed his nappy the other day (DONT even ask- it has been waaaaaaayyyy too long since he changed a bloody nappy before this!!) and i could hear him going "hey get back here- where are you going? Babe????? How the bloody hell do i get the nappy on him?????"

basically you we have to put it on from behind, but then it never fits right- well i saw this ad for nappies that are like undies coz they are easy to slip on and i had a brainwave and made my own!! lol I now stick the nappy together and slip it on him!! I am going to check out the sizes of the ones that are made like that and it might be time to move up to them coz its just getting ridiculous!!!!

He has been taking some steps with me holding his hands which he thinks is great- but for some reason he likes to walk backwards!! lol My dad always said when you learn to drive a car you should learn to reverse before yo learn to drive forward- so i guess this is the walking version of that!! lol
    Oh and he ahs started snorting when he laughs and thinks its a crack up and then laughs even more!! too cute!!

Well i am off to clean the house a bit as my cousin and her fiance are coming to visit us for a few days over easter!!

Happy days to everyone!!

Oh actually speaking of easter... can shane have a bit of chocolate egg????? Like just a taste?

Hello all

Just checkin in for the night. Went and had lunch with some friends today, man I still feel chocca's

Had some not-so-good news this afternoon. DH's dad is in hospital with an aneurysm on the brain. He is in surgery at the moment - went in at 4oclock QLD time; we've been told the surgery could go as long as 5 hours DH is trying to get on a flight to fly to Townsville tomorrow.

Please pray for him - and that he at least will make it through the surgery tonight

Anyways gtg - will update you all in the morning

Sasha - I hope he makes a full recovery and is ok.

sasha im so sorry to hear the bad news. YES i will pray.

Ill be praying for healing hands and angels to be released around him for you.

Today we got an email my bro inlaw is back in hospital with an infection in his leg.

double posting i know but diff topic

hrmm i wonder should joshie be pushing hims elf up to sitting position now? i mean he loves to be assisted in standing but cant really do it himself and no crawling or getting on all fours hrmm does this sound right?

Squidipa - Miss M doesn't put herself into a sitting position - she is fine if you put her in it, and she leans forward and gets herself back up - but never actually goes into a sitting position from laying down or anything. She has only just started getting up on her knees and then falls straight back down. I don't think she'll be crawling at even 9 months like DS was.

I'm not worried though - all in her own time after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh View Post
    I'm not worried though - all in her own time after all!
    I'm with you on that Mel! All in their own time.

Squid - I wouldnt be worried hun

Thanks all for your comments about sleeping position I feel much better!

starbright: omg I totally hear you on the nappy sagas lately! E just crawls away so fast and it's tough to get them on him. He seems to hate lying down on his back now and flips over in a millisecond!!

sasha - praying for your FIL xx

PS squidia, a friend's baby learnt to crawl at 13 months and *never* learnt to roll over. He's fine

Sasha for your DH's dad... hope it all goes well and he recovers to you & DH too
    Squiddy Josh sounds normal! Beth doesn't pull herself up to sitting unless she's got something to hang on to.
    Rach cute vid of Eli! We'll definitely look you up in Auckland, we'll be there closer to the end of the holiday - we are flying out of auckland on 24th - so we'll contact you probably through FB....
    SB lol at your DH!
    anyway night all

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast