Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2004

Default Babies Born August 2004

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2004.

Please leave your details in the same format as those below and your moderator of this forum will get them added for you.

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '04

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: mummyto3
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 7/8/04
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl boy
    Baby Name(s): Blake Edward
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 days late,8lb 5oz,55cm

Forum Name: Kellee
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 12th August, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Charles (Charlie)
    Baby's Website n/a
    Health Concerns: n/a
    Notes: Having sleeping problems, but am on the way to fixing them. Crawling, sitting up on his own, hates solids (so far!) but will keep persevering!

Forum Name: Melinda
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 18 August 2004
    Baby Name(s): Jacob Laurance
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Born via emergency caesarean. 8lb 6oz, 51cm long, H/C 35cm

Forum Name: Rose
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 27th August, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Amelia Jane
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/r/roseamelia
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Struggles to eat fruit. Gets constipated easily.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Induced labor.6hrs.

Hey, This is a great Idea. Maybe I will be able to keep up and start posting again. It has been ages since I last posted. Hi to anyone that joins. Hopefully it won't go as fast as the preg April thread06. I just can't keep up in there.

Well Amelia is taking 5 steps now and is becoming more confident. I am sure she will be walking soon. Just taking her time.

Good to see you Rose.

That is the whole reason we did it for people that couldn't keep up Hopefully we will have some other girls joining you soon when the threads get busier

Woohoo for Amelia too what a smart cookie.

love

Kellee Guest

Hello!

Ooh - this is so much quieter than the 12 month - 3 year forum! Not much time to write now, but DH is out tonight so I will write a longer post then.

IKWYM about the preg forums, Rose - I can't keep up in the May forum, and I find that it just makes me think about it all the time, so I don't really visit there anymore. It goes faster this way!

Will write later.

Melinda Guest

Forum Name: Melinda
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 18 August 2004
    Baby Name(s): Jacob Laurance
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Born via emergency caesarean. 8lb 6oz, 51cm long, H/C 35cm

Yay Mel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see you matey

Love

Melinda Guest

I thought it was about time LOL!!!

Kellee Guest

And then there were three.

Wow, I'm not going to be able to get used to it being so quiet! I'm sure it will pick up soon and we'll have lots to chat about - being that our bubs are Leos and are therefore little buggers I'm sure it will be interesting to compare notes.

Hello Melinda - I don't think I've chatted to you before.

Anyway, I wonder what I can write about? Not much really, as there's not much happening here yet. My poor little boy is cutting some teeth at the moment - his 'double' teeth (I don't know what they're called) and then his canines. He's cross cutting, so he's in a lot of pain, the poor love. He usually sleeps all the way through but he woke up last night really sore and we had to give him something to help him. I was breastfeeding up until September (I had to go away and even though I expressed to keep my supply up, Charlie didn't want any when I got back ) and it's hard not to be able to feed him when he's in pain. This is the first time it's happened since I got back so it was pretty awful. Oh well - he's doing fine, and I'll have another one soon to breastfeed!

Anyway, I should be in bed. Look forward to chatting to you all soon!

Rofl @ Leo's being little buggers... Andrew is a little (big) bugger too ... say no more

Love

Melinda Guest

Hi Kellee,

I wasn't actually participating in the other threads before, so that's why you haven't chatted to me in Baby Buddies before.

How many teeth does Charlie have? Jacob has a whopping 16!!! Charlie's cutting his molars and eye teeth is he? Poor little sausage. Jacob got his eye teeth before his molars too and they gave him quite a bit of grief also.

We weighed Jacob on Friday as he was 15 months old that day, and he is 83.5cm tall and 11.5kg!! What a tall boy for his age!!!

Jacob is mastering the art of tanties ATM........largely due to frustration I think. He's such an indepedent and determined little being! How odd for a Leo! LOL He insists on feeding himself (OMG, the mess!) and isn't interested in walking - he runs instead! LOL He took his first steps at 11 months of age.

So what are everyone else's little ones up to nowadays?

mummyto3 Guest

hi,
    My son Blake was born in August last year
    Forum Name: mummyto3
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 7/8/04
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl boy
    Baby Name(s): Blake Edward
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 days late,8lb 5oz,55cm

Kellee Guest

Hello mummyto3. Three - wow. That's a lot. You must have your hands full! Although we eventually want three, so I'll have to get some tips from you. Hi to rose too - how are you?

Wow Melinda - 16 teeth! That's heaps! You know, I might be a bad mother for admitting this, but I actually don't know how many teeth Charlie has! I will count them later and let you know. So are you or DH tall - 85 cms makes for a big boy! My little fella is a shorty like me, but I can't remember exactly how short. I'm a terrible mother - I can't remember all the stats!

IKWYM about the tantrums. It must be so frustrating to not be able to communicate as much as you want. Charlie only says mum, bub and dad, but he knows the meanings of lots and lots of words. If we ask him to do something, he understands and (sometimes!) does it, but he can't express verbally exactly what he wants yet. Which makes for a lot of pointing and saying "ah". Can't wait until he can TELL me what he wants - I'm sure it will be a lot easier.

I'm trying to scout out some info about toilet training and getting Charlie to sleep in a bed. I know it's a bit early, but I would like to have him in his own bed by the time the new bub comes along. Not sure about the tt - I suppose we'll start it when he's ready. DH is going to build him a big car bed, so I think he'll love that.

Anyway, must go and cook dinner. Sausages and homemade potato salad tonight- weekends are always easy meals. Actually, they're all easy meals these days because I can't stand being in the kitchen too much - I still have a bit of ms, so cooking isn't much fun these days. Nearly in the second trimester, so hopefully it will pass soon.

Hope you all have lovely week!

Great to have you here mummyto3 and Welcome to BellyBelly

Love

Melinda Guest

Kellee - I'm not short but I'm not tall either - only 164cm LOL. And DH isn't tall either. So I'm not sure where that comes from!!!

Jacob's the same - understands a lot but isn't verbalising it all just yet. We know he understands things, but that stubborness comes through where he decides that he simply won't do what we're asking quite a bit LOL. Cheeky thing. He will point or reach a lot too to tell us that way what it is he wants or is trying to do......but yeah, it must be pretty frustrating when they don't understand why you are doing certain things or stopping them from walking in front of the swings at the park when there are kids on them LOL. I guess that's a lesson he may learn the hard way?! OUCH! I hope not!

mummyto3 - welcome to BB! Tell us some more about Blake!

Well, been away for the w/end and so glad there hasn't been too many posts.

Amelia is *checks book* 79cm, 9.190kg and has 10 teeth and is in the process of cutting two more molars. She isn't doing too bad cutting these doubles considering she usually gets sick and gets croup. Fingers crossed it stays that way. We are up to her at night with the pain but it has been worse.

Is anyones child still not walking. Amelia is practicing but just has not taken off.

As for tants, she's got it bad. We have been doing signing which really has made a difference and she has picked it up a lot quicker than what ds was. This help a lot but if she is upset, she wants no one but me. Chucks it big time if I'm not around. Don't know if it is because I b/f and she would not take dummy or bottle. Although I never comfort fed. Who Knows????

Kellee, congrats on the pg. How far are you? How is it all going, are you well? I think my m/s has just waved goodbye, hopefully. Started at 11 weeks and gone on till 19 weeks. I put it down to B/f through the first tri. I have weened her now and it has been 3 weeks.

Re toilet training, Christopher Green has a book out with some great tips. I used some for ds and he was t/t by 20mths. His doing mostly.

mummyto3, welcome and hope to get to know you.

Hi Melinda too. As for being tall maybe grand p are tall???

Can someone change the below details for me, thanks
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) ? Struggles to eat fruit. Gets constipated easily.

Can you delete the breast feeding too as we have weened. Thanks

all updated for you Rose

Love

Thanks Kathryn

Kellee Guest

Hi everyone,

Well, I did the good mother things and actually counted how many teeth Charlie has - 10. Still don't know how heavy or tall he is exactly, but I have to catch up with his needles soon so I'll get all that done at the same time. We've tidied up our downstairs area now (just a big long room with the computer and junk in it) so now he can run around with lots of room while I'm on here. Hopefully that means I get more computer time!

Rose - don't worry about the tants. I haven't b/f Charlie for a few months now, but he still only grizzles for me! Seems to be fine for everyone else. I swear, they know how to push all the buttons, don't they?! Thanks on the congrats too - I'm 13 wks. The ms is starting to ease too, so hopfully I'll be able to eat properly and start exercising again. I hate this stage of the pg - I feel like I look like I have a beer belly instead of a bump! Glad to hear your ms has stopped.

:smt039 to Melinda and mummyof3. Hope you both had a lovely weekend and hope to hear from you soon.

Well, it's been a very eventful few days around here. I got a bit of a virus, which wasn't so bad, but it made my asthma flare up and I spent Monday night in the emergency ward of the RBWH. Not a pleasant place to spend a whole night, let me tell you! Hardly got any sleep and, of course, I hardly got any last night either because I was overtired! Hopefully tonight is better. Poor little Charlie got scared the first time he saw me on the nebuliser with the mask, but now he thinks it's really funny and comes up to me and kisses it. Very cute.

Anyway, must go and continue with the mountain of washing I have. Hope you're all well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast