Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Babies Born August 2004

Melinda Guest

Congrats on your PG Kellee!! We've just started TTC #2 ourselves. I can't wait and am a bit disappointed with AF's arrival after our first month TTC. I've fallen PG the first time we've tried on 3 occasions (sadly I had 2 m/c's to start with, then Jacob). So stupidly I expected the same luck. But on top of that, we've all been pretty sick, so DTD wasn't really top priority! Hopefully next month.........

Rose - Jacob started walking at 11m. I know of plenty of other little ones who didn't start walking until well after 15 months though (some 18 months plus). So how far are you into your PG now? Do you know what you're having? I remember when you announced your PG as you asked me about CTS!!! LOL

Not much to report here, I'm trying to make our backyard more interesting for Jacob. He's such an outdoors kind of boy so I'm trying to come up with some new activities for outside. So I'm going to get his clam pool and put some sand in it and I've got some big pieces of non-toxic chalk for him to scribble on the concrete with etc etc. I've also just made up a batch of finger paint so that he can get messy with that LOL.

Well I am now officially 20 weeks preg today. Will have to change my ticker. Had my ultrasound today, finally after many stuff ups and cancelations. Baby is looking well and growing all it's right bits. I have to have another u/s at 32 weeks to check renal development as one tube/kidney was a little bigger. She said that it may be a lazy kidney and will right its self in the next few months. [-o< I am sure all will be ok. ds who is 3 said to the baby tonight, I saw your video today and I could just see your eyes. How cute.

Melinda, I am not too worried re Amelia not walking yet. Two of my brothers didn't walk till 18mths + but were very good when they did take off. We didn't find out sex. We have one of each and I just love surprises at the end of a hard days labour. Still get the CTS ocasionally when sleeping but not as bad as you had it. Hope when you do get pg that it stays away. Amelia loves drawing with crayons. Especially when bro has them. She is quite good. Only on paper at the moment so I need to keep careful eye on her.

Kellee, Yey for Charlie's teeth. Were you b/f at all in this pg or did you ween before hand? I hope you are feeling better soon. How horible being in hospital. Are you able to get day sleeps while Charlie sleeps? My two go down in the arvo together so I get about an hour. Dh is good to ensure this as he is home then too.

Ok enough from me,
    Good night.

Melinda Guest

Wow....20w already! How time flies!!! That's amazing!

We've had a busy week this week. I took Jacob to playgroup for the first time on Tuesday. They weren't the friendliest bunch, but I guess that will change if I become a regular feature LOL. Jacob spent most of the time investigating all the nooks and crannies before investigating any toys, and also tried to run outside every 5 minutes!! Wednesday I took him over to the neighbours house for a visit as she is a family day care worker and said that I could take Jacob over to play with the two little ones she has over there on a Wednesday morning. It won't be for too much longer though, since they are moving. But he had a great time anyway! And then yesterday, we had another of Jacob's little friends over. She is 6 months older than Jacob and calls him "Jaka" (like you would say "Jake" but with an "a" on the end). So cute!!!

Anyway......that's about all from me for the time being!

What are you guys getting the little ones for Christmas??

Kellee Guest

Hey guys! Just a quick one as I have a rehearsal to go to in a minute, but I thought I might not get a chance to post until after the weekend, so here I am!

20wks Rose! That's great. Wish I was that far along. I felt some little butterfly movements the other day (I had a friend who felt her second really early - 12 wks - so I don't feel like it's all in my head!), and Bob popped the other day. I well and truly look pregnant instead of fat and it's time for me to buy new clothes! With what money, I wonder... Glad the u/s went well. DS sounds very cute - I bet he'll have a ball when this bub makes his appearance.

Sorry about af, Melinda. People who haven't ever ttc don't know how much af sucks when you don't want it to arrive. Just try to relax if you can. The first two months of ttc I was stressing all the time and nothing happened. Then the third month, when I was AWAY for the better part of 3 weeks, it magically happened! It only takes once, doesn't it? I'm sure it will happen for you soon. IKWYM about the backyard. There are lots of bindis in ours, so I'm going to get someone in to get rid of them. Them Charlie will have lots of space to run. I'm also going to put in a veggie garden over the holidays - will be nice to have some freash food, and Charlie can help by watering the plants, etc. I hope that you start to enjoy playgroup too - I am really nervous to go to one for the same reason.

Anyway, not much to report here. Charlie has been pretty grizzly for the last few days - not sure why. He took about half an hour to go to sleep just now when he usually only takes about 10 minutes. Hope he's ok for mum when she looks after him today. We've had such a busy week and are about to have a busy weekend, and I haven't seen him much. I miss him, but hopefully we'll be able to hang out on Sunday.

Have a lovely weekend!

Hi girls
    so sorry to intrude, but I wanted to pop in and say hi to my friends. That is the only sad thing about the way this is set up now.

Kellee I miss you and Charlie, i is good to read that things are going well and that ms is easing. Money is shocking atm isn't it, I do sympathise. Luckily we just got a lovely tax return, not that I want to spend it but at least I can be sure of getting all the xmas pressies now!

How is everyone going with xmas shopping?

Melinda- it is disappointing to see af, I remember it so well when ttc no.2 and I knew if I didn't stop thinking about it I was going to be a nut. Hopeflly this month, a drs sugestion was bd every 2nd day (gotta have some spermies around then )LOL
    Wow at 16 teeth, Jess has 8, ut what she lacks in teeth and size(she's 15 mths next week and weighs 9kgs and 73 cms) she makes up in courage. You se she is a climber, you name it she'll climb it ladders, beds, couches, the pool table, she is worse than Joshua and so strong. She also walked at 11mths.

Rose- how good to be half way there. I agree with not finding out the sex, we never did.

mummy to 3 welcome and hope to see more of you around. Is 3 it, or are you thinking of joining the large family forum too>?

anyway better go and slink back to my own place. Kellee poor Pee has both the Michelle's to deal with.

Best wishes michelle

Melinda Guest

Wow we're a quiet bunch aren't we LOL!!! C'mon, talk to me girls!!!! hehehe!!! (Although having said that I'm just as guilty aren't I! *slap on the wrist for me!*)

How is everyone going?

Michelle - thanks for popping in to say hello. How are your little ones? We're DTD every 2nd day ATM in the hope that will catch the egg LOL!!!

Has anyone taken their little ones to see Santa yet? How did it go? We took Jacob yesterday and he didn't like him at all! Poor sausage got a bit upset. I have to say though, he was the loveliest Santa!!! He really tried to relax Jacob and engage him and spent lots of time just talking to us and trying to reassure him.....letting him get up on Santa's chair and sit there with DH etc etc!!! Unfortunately Jacob still didn't warm to him, so we all ended up in the photo with Santa!!! We couldn't get Jacob to smile, but at least he's not crying and it's kind of nice to have a family Santa photo!!

Hi Melinda

we did the Santa thing, Josh and Jordan are fine of course, being 6 and 11, but Jemma was petrified, I carried her up and we too had a great Santa who told her not to look at him and told her how he would sit way over the other side. Jordan held jessica and Jemma sat on the arm of the chair but there was still tearsLOL. Jess was ok but that was bc jordan was holding her. I had about 4 yrs of santa pics with me in them with Jordan and there is one of Arron Me Jordan and Josh when he was 17mths old. I agree it's nice to have. I am thinking maybe next yr arron and I should get in it with the kids cos Jordan will be 12 and how many more will I get her into?

Hi Kellee, hugs to you and Charlie, hoping you are both ok, and missing you over hereLOL

CHeers Michelle

Kellee Guest

Hello everyone!

Sorry - I have been MIA for the last few weeks because we went camping for three days, then I had a whole week fo Christmas gigs (two per day) all this week. I'm glad that it's all over! It was completely exhausting, but lots of fun. Now I just have to muster up some energy to get through Christmas - AAAGGGHHH!

Hey Melinda - Poor little Jacob not liking Santa. I suppose he could look pretty scary if you'd never seen him before! Being so tall and with the beard and everything... We have a couple of story books with pictures of Santa in them, so when we saw Santa going around saying hello to all the shoppers on Thursday Charlie was quite excited. His dad has a beard though, so maybe he's used to that too. I am going to get a Santa photo this week. I was actually a little bit teary when I saw that Charlie recognised Santa - I guess I thought that it means he's finally a little boy instead of a baby!

Hey MITCH! Sorry - have been flat out. Will try to pop in and see what you're been up to in the next day or two.

Hi to Rose and mummyto3 as well.

Anyway, I will TRY to post, but I suppose I'll be busy like the rest of you this week with Christmas preparations. If I don't get to say it before then, I hope you all have a lovely Christmas filled with happy (well behaved!) children.

Just a reminder girls that this thread will be locked from tomorrow and you will be able to post in the new Babies Born July - December 2004 thread

Love

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12