Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #10

Default Babies Born August 2005 #10

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    sherieb [email protected]
    Lea 13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Storm
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 9th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3290 (7.2)- Length 52cm- Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Zachary
    Baby's Website: nope, sorry
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) heart murmur & a hydrocele
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced by arm, due to 2 vessel cord

Forum Name: Wheatie (Soph)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucie Maria
    Baby's Website: Not yet!
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Was induced due to high BP. Lucie went back into hospital less than 24 hours after coming home as she wasn't feeding - turns out she was jaundiced and needed some tanning time! Mum now expressing and bottlefeeding as confidence was seriously dented!!!

Forum Name: B456
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 24/8/05
    Baby's Stats: 3230 grams, 51cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Silent reflux
    Notes: Born by c-section under a general anasethic (epidural did not work). I had preeclampsia - C/s was elective. She is bottle fed and is 'hyper alert'.

Forum Name: Janene_87
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 26.08.2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3925g or 8lb 90z Length - 53cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Hannah Paige
    Baby's Website: www.babyhomepages.net/mybabyhannah/
    Health Concerns: Mild Excema
    Notes: Happy, Healthy little girl.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: kitten2b
    Baby's DOB: 27th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Maria Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) 5 weeks 4 days early.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3.5weeks in newborn care.

Forum name: Bec77
    Baby's DOB: 27 August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight: 1796g / 3lb15oz - Length: 46cm - Head Circ: 31.7cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Joshua Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuamichael
    Health Concerns: Nil
    Notes: Joshua was born @ 32+4. He spent 4 weeks in special care but is fine now!

Forum Name: Mummy2Kaitlyn ( Cass)
    State: Sydney
    Baby's DOB: 29th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - Weight 4.154Kg/9pound 2Oz , 52Cms long
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Kaitlyn Ava
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Suffering from the "flat head Syndrome" that seems to have come about due to the SIDS sleep on the back recommendation. We just narrowly avoided having to be fitted with a helmet to correct it last week ...phew ...always get a second opinion!. Other then that she is a healthy little bubs!
    Notes: 26.5 Hour labour ....lonnnggg, she was a very big bubs so took a little while to make her way out!. And when she arrived she looked like a little Budda with her fat rolls. SOOO cute!.

Catch up with your old thread found HERE

Love

Ah busy busy with lots of posts, good work guys!

Fletch - Naughty naughty, we want to know how you and Zaney are going. How's life with Dh back?

Storm - Sorry about the milk making you feel yuck. I reckon the stuff smells revolting at the best of times!

Jo - Yay for your big girls birthday and new sofas!! Hope your Nan is ok and not in any pain. Thinking of you.

Tracey - Sounds like a great plan to wait until after your hols to do anything about bf. I always think how much easier life would be to have booby milk on tap!

Oh I agree with you on that one Soph especially when you're gonna be out for a long time!! Zaccie wont drink his milk cold.

Awsome sleep Fletch, it's so nice when they do that hey?

OH Jo, you poor Nan. Robbie? you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to pop in and remind you girls that you don't have to post to get the thread notifications. Just go up the top of the thread to "Thread Tools" and select "Subscribe to this thread".

Yep, I will worry/think about weaning after our QLD holiday unless she bites me & I cry!!! hee hee!

It's not that I dont love feeding her, I guess I am just wanting my body back again... She is really healthy, big & strong & happy.. Which I guess means I should keep feeding, but I am findng it so terribly draining with feeding & working full time... Another 7 wks will be great & she will then be just under 11 months!!!

Kelli, I hope your poor babies are all feeling better soon.

Ok ladies gotta go our first production run of a new product is going ahead & I need to go see it & approve it!!!

Girls send some of those nice late sleep vibes our way!. Although Kaitlyn is not sleeping badly so I cant complain…I am getting used to starting my day at 630/7am.

Thanks for your words Tracey …I so wish we had family that could look after her . Although I would rather her at daycare then the inlaws anyway hehehehe. I think you have done a great job feeding Indah all this time while working fulltime….and she has got all wonderful milk so now you can reclaim your bb’s hehehe.

Storm that is so cute that Zac went to the fridge and got out the jam…what a cutie pie!. We have an upside down fridge so Kaitlyn will be pulling meat out of the freezer when she starts moving about hehe.

Alex I know what you mean with the sore arm!!! I cant rock Kaitlyn to sleep anymore even if I want to as I get a dead arm hahahahaha. I still do it even if I need to but it sure does hurt.

Jo I am so sorry to hear about your nan….it is a horrible thing to watch them go through that L . Although your retail theorpy sounds like just what you needed…and Robbie ….mmm now that is good theropy ! I hope you Nan is comfortable.

Hi Fletch! Glad to hear you and Zane are going well. That sleep sounds great! Although 3am to fall asleep is horrible….I am sometimes like that as I start thinking when I go to bed ..so silly!. I have started doing my relaxation CD before bed or reading and that helps me …and if I start thinking anything I start counting hahaha.

DH and I are going house hunting on Friday …we have three to look at so far and they all sound nice..I have not lived in a house for about 6 years now so I am really excited!. We are not going to let the cats out in this place just in case we end up moving back into our unit …which I doubt but I don’t want to show them life outside and then lock them up again!. Also meeting with my boss on Friday so I should know Friday night if we have a house and if I am going to take that job …or get that job!….big week this week.

My poor little cherub is a little cranky at the moment as I think she wants to start moving about on her own but she just does not know how!. She has start grunting in frustration! She is totally dropping her milk feeds …She is down to three at the moment which are usually about 200/180/100 …cheeky bugger. But she is eating heaps of yoghurt , cheese and cottage cheese plus meat and vege so all is AOK. Does anyone know if we can give them Ricotta cheese?.

Bec - yah at Josh doing al the right things, premmies sure catch up quickly.

Soph - glad Lucie's op went well, but OMG at all the teeth.

Cass - Going back to work and using childcare isn't easy but I think you will enjoy it. Good luck with the house hunting.

Tracey - IKWYM with the biting, boy it hurts, but I find breastfeeding is soo convenient when travelling that I am hoping to make to 12 months then put maria on cows milk.

Storm - Wow at Zac opeing the fridge.

Kelli - hope all your little ones are feeling better.

Jo - Good luck with the sleepover, yay at buying the couches, what type are they, I never get to buy furniture anymore, so am really interested when others get to buy stuff. Sorry to hear your nan is unwell.

Fletch - WTG with the sleeping, can you send some of those vibes my way.

Maria had a relapse of bronchiolitis last week and ended up in hospital over night but she is ok now, they actually gave her ventelin and it seemed to help her. I now have her cold (not happy). Hopefully I will be well enough to go to Canberra this weekend as it is fireworks weekend.

Louise - So sorry you guys ended up at hospital again, hope Maria gets better soon. And I hope your cold goes away quick smart!

Cass - Good luck with the houses. Are you looking to rent or buy? We are decreasing on the milk front too, but did I mention before that I read somewhere that 475ml at this stage with 3 meals is fine? Sounds like she gets heaps of other calcium too. And yeap I think ricotta is fine.

Fletch - Ouch at the 3am insomnia. Hope that passes by quickly.

Tracey - I reckon you are amazing to have continued expressing while at work for so long, you really have done so well for Miss Indah. I reckon if you make it to 11 months you deserve a medal.

Storm - Yeah sometimes Lucie will drink the milk cold, other times no. It's such a pain trying to work out how to keep a bottle warm or how you are going to warm it. I'm flying to Hobart in a week or so and had to try and work out all my flights around Lucie's feeds - it's just too hard to think about bottles when I've got her and am all by myself!

Well Lucie slept well last night, yippppeeeee! Didn't wake until 5.15am for her early bottle. Very nice after I stayed up late to watch Prisonbreak.

We're off to Brissie for the weekend. Will be nice to catch up with some old friends.

Morning Ladies,
    Sounds like everyone is doing so much, I feel like I do nothing...
    Thanks for letting me live via you guys!! hee hee!

I cant believe soph that in just over 3 months you'll have a baby!!!!! hee hee I am so excited & amazed at how cool, calm & collected you have been thru this preg campred to Lucie's!! hee hee Have fun in Brissie & Also Hobart when you go there!

OH Louise, Poor maria, I was always in hospital with Asthma, Pneumonia etc... I was revived twice b4 I was 3.. They have said the size of my heart is equal to a 16yr old boy, Goodness knows what that means... They have also said the Ventolin stunted my growth, but I am not so sure as My sisters both look like my Mum & are tall & thin, I look identical to Dads young sister & we are both curvy (OK lumpy) shorties... So I am not sure about that!!
    Best thing I ever did was attend an Asthma awareness seminar & put my name down (I was about 26!) for trialling etc, I am now on 2 puffs of a preventer daily, I havent had an asthma attack in 6-7yrs & havent used my ventolin for years!!! I used to go through a puffer every fortnight!!!! So I highly recommend getting it thoroughly checked out throughout her life as it has changed my life! I was always a sickly, tired, kid, now I am not (Ok I am tired, but that's part of being a Mum I guess!) I hope she is OK, it is so very frightening!!

Fletch I used to be an Insomniac, til I started having 2 cups of Chammomile tea before bed, now if I go to my room, I am usually asleep within 10 mins!!! No Chammomile anymore either!

Jo, I hope your Nan is comfortable & not in too much pain, it's so hard to watch someone you love deteriorate... I see my Dad daily & it upsets me knowing I wont have him here forever... I told Dh we need to have another baby next year coz I think I'd not cope knowing my Dad never met all of my babies!!!

Storm, how's Zaccie travelling? Hope he slept nicely for you!!!

Cass, I have recently started mixing Indah's cereal with watered down cows milk, I think they can pretty much start having bits of this & that now.... Indah had a fried egg last night, I had cooked with an egg lately & she had some & didnt have a reaction so I tried it last night & she enjoyed it, no probs! Good Luck with the house & the job, it will all be fine!!

Ok, I have lost my train of thought!!!!!
    anyways Hi to all I have missed

Indah woke at 3:30am & couldnt resettle her I tried feeding but she just wanted to play... So I laid her between us & she just kept pulling our hair, scratching & pinching our faces!!! Before finally falling asleep then my alarm went off at 5:45am!! Aaaarrrgggghhhh So I then managed to feed her & popped her back in her cot while I got ready, I put a teddy in there & she played with that before falling asleep... Think I might put something in her cot so if she wakes at 3:30 she can play for a while!??? Or Fletch seeings as your still up then you could come here & play with her!!! hee hee

Ok better do some work!!!!

Catch ya again soon!

OMG Tracey I didn't realise it was just over 3 months :eek: I mean I did, but I didn't IYKWIM. And it is sooooooooo funny how different I am this pg, all my friends laugh. Lucie loves egg too. She has a boiled egg for breakie a couple of times a week (we have no allergies in our families and she's been ok). I slice it up in one of those slicer things and then break it up and gradually feed it to her, or she will take a slice and eat it herself. Sorry that Indah was awake last night for you, hope it was a once off! And don't worry I don't do anything either, just a boring housewife! You're a working mum and I think that is amazing.

Just gotta say that I am totally in love with my daughter especially today. They are just at such a cute age don't you think? You can really start to see their personalities. Lucie has started to do this little dance thing in her high chair - she wiggles from side to side. Mick and I were in absolute hysterics last night.

Louise,

Just wanted to say that I sooooooo know what you are going through with Maria's bronchiolitis. It is so horrible seeing your little darling lying there hardly able to breathe.

Hope everyone is fairing well today - Fletch you can send some of Zane's sleep vibes here as Zahra is no where near as good a sleeper!

Then again, it's probably teeth related - she still has NONE!!

Jo, hope your Nan is ok and not in pain. YAYAYAY on your new couch!! Wish it was me!

Off for a hot stone massage this weekend - never had one before but it sounds oh so niiiiiiiice!!

Seeya

OOOH that massage does sound nice Kelli..... Your poor kids too with asthma etc, it is very frightening to have it & to wtach others with it!!! I passed out twice as a young adult from inability to get enough air, I was rushed to hospital & it was very frightening... A good management plan is essential...

Soph,
    They are amazing arent they, Indah tries to stand up unaided in the centre of the room, basically she just does the splits & crashes... Her 6th night of a wee in potty last night!!! I am sure she is starting to go as soon as we pop her on there.. She now Yells YAYAYAYA!!! Really loud (I think maddy taught her) then claps!!!

Maddy & Indah have morning noise competitions, Indah makes a noise, maddy copies, Indah makes another noise, maddy copies... They get louder & louder, it's awful, but cute!!!
    Maddy read her whole reader to Indah last night & Indah didnt grab at the pages at all... She used to & Maddy would put her down....

Anyways I am supposed to be working!

Kel the massage sounds fantastic...what a fabulous destressor! Where are little Zahras teeth at??lol..im sure they will pop up all in one go! My friends bub didnt get any teeth and then 5 popped up at 11 months..so maybe!

Soph it really is a lovely age isnt it..i just love it. They are so keen to do what we do arent they? Last night we were all singing in the car and Sammy joins in..then we whisper and he whispers then we go loud and he goes loud...all the while laughing and just enjoying what a miracle he is! You lucky thing too flying to Brissy and Hobart..hope you have a lovely time. I miss not going away much lately...just seems like there is always too many other things to do..sigh.

Lol at your night with Indah Trace. Because we have the side of the cot off Sammy is right next to us so he climbs over whenever he wants lol..and this morning he grunted his way over and nestled himself into my arms..it was very cute and thankfully there was no hair pulling or eye gouging...so Fletchie...once youve played with Indah...Sammys always awake lol!!!

Louise poor Maria has had a bad run of it lately the poor darling. I so hope thats the end of her sickness and shes back to her normal happy self. The couches are gorgeous big choc brown..darren says poo brown lol highback comfy ones for our living room that are replacing our couches that are 7 years old and so ready to be replaced!!! Children really arent kind to furniture! Have a wonderful trip to Canberra ...sounds like fun.

Cass yay for house hunting. You wont know yourself living in a house again..must be exciting. Your pussy cats sound like doted on little creatures. My cat is too scared to go outside much as she has been attacked too many times from the cats that live around us so quickly goes out to go to the toilet ( i hate litter trays!) and then whizzes back in again. Big decisions tomorrow..hope the job works out for you.

Fletchie hope you got over your insomnia last night..its horrible tossing and turning. I always find a good book will help me fall asleep..ive never been able to drink cammomile tea..i dont even like normal tea. Maybe Zaney is having a growth spurt with all his extra sleep?

Whatcha up today Storm? Got the kiddies all off ok? Im so lucky as I havent ventured outside yet..the fire is roaring and its 9:30...i let them all stay home today!

Well Ems had a lovely morning..been spoilt rotten with lots of pressies. The kids are all playing nicely. It just seems like yesterday that she was crawling around the place like Sammy..its so weird. We are going to the movies today and then having a family get to gether party tonight and then her big party on Saturday.

Well have to go for now...i smell something coming from a crawling little boy.

Jo

Wtg Indah on the potty!!!

Jo

Ah Kel the massage sounds divine, you lucky thing! And don't worry too much about teeth, I'm sure they will come! Lucie has only had 2 since Feb, and just now has cut the two bottom ones next to those (wrong order I know!) and top 4 look like they are cutting too. It will all happen at once I reckon.

Jo - Sammy just sounds soooooooooo cute! It must be great when there are other older kids around too I reckon. Hope Ems is having an awesome day. My friend's 12 yo went to a 'Survivor' party the other night and they ate purple pasta and green eggs and blue mashed potato and stuff. Might be something to do for the party?

Tracey - Wow she really is being potty trained! That is so amazing. Maddy must just love her to bits.

Lucie has spent the arvo down on the oval with DH and all the students 'cos it was the Aths carnival. She loved it! I got one of those super compact Safety First strollers for Lucie today for the trip to Hobart. It folds up into a backpack and is soooooo much easier than our big bulky pram, and Lucie loves it. Only bummer is that there is no storage tray thing on it, but I'll just have to use a backpack as well. It really makes life a lot easier. My other pram wouldn't even fit in my mum's boot!

Zombie here too... Indah screamed the house down from 11pm til 2:30am!
    DH & I tried everything possible, but nothing worked... In the end I had to just let her cry...
    I fed her booby juice, I wrapped her, put her in our bed, sat with her in lounge... But she was just laughing out of her cot... As soon as I put her to bed she'd scream....
    She laid in our bed for 5 seconds before crawling all over us, all over the bed, clapping, singing cheering etc...
    I am so exhausted!!! I gave her nurofen as her eye tooth is cutting, I tried bonjella, I gave her a icy cold ummy, a non icy cold dummy!!! But the little bugger was sopund asleep when my sis came to get her sop i woke her up & wanted to tease her for keeping me awake!!!! LOL...

Looks like I will be crashing early tonight & have a resting long w/end!!!

Norty teeth!!!!

These evil little eye teeth!!!! They are giving all our bubbas grief ATM!!

Jack has them both coming down too and they are taking forever and giving him hell too!!!

He slept through last night but the night b4 he woke at 3 till 4.30am, and no matter what I did, bottle, bonjella, dummy, wrapping, cuddles, music, he was laughing at me when I put him down in his cot too!!! I finally wrapped him really tight and held my hand on top of him cause otherwise he rolls and gets out, and waited till he stopped giggling at me and getting a bit angry at me than popped the dummy in and after 5 or so mins he was asleep... I think he realises that he can't win and just gives in!!:nana:

Hope u get an extra early night tonite or take a kipper at work!!hehehehe

Fletch, hope u can get some sleep too u poor luv... Hope Zane does take a nap today and u do too!!

Soph, that compact stroller sounds fantastic!!

Everyone else a big and stay warm!!

FREE TO GOOD HOME:

Teething 8-9mth old!!! She has been aseep at my sisters since she picked her up!!!!
    I told her to wait til she is sound asleep & then start spraying her with icy cold water so she knows how Mummy & Daddy feel from last night!!! hee hee

That is a joke, she isnt free!!! The highest bidder can have her!!! LOL

I am really joking about the water too... I hope her teeth cut thru now & she is back to herself by the time I get her tonight!!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast