Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #11

Default Babies Born August 2005 #11

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    sherieb [email protected]
    Lea 13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Storm
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 9th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3290 (7.2)- Length 52cm- Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Zachary
    Baby's Website: nope, sorry
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) heart murmur & a hydrocele
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced by arm, due to 2 vessel cord

Forum Name: Wheatie (Soph)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucie Maria
    Baby's Website: Not yet!
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Was induced due to high BP. Lucie went back into hospital less than 24 hours after coming home as she wasn't feeding - turns out she was jaundiced and needed some tanning time! Mum now expressing and bottlefeeding as confidence was seriously dented!!!

Forum Name: B456
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 24/8/05
    Baby's Stats: 3230 grams, 51cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Silent reflux
    Notes: Born by c-section under a general anasethic (epidural did not work). I had preeclampsia - C/s was elective. She is bottle fed and is 'hyper alert'.

Forum Name: Janene_87
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 26.08.2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3925g or 8lb 90z Length - 53cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Hannah Paige
    Baby's Website: www.babyhomepages.net/mybabyhannah/
    Health Concerns: Mild Excema
    Notes: Happy, Healthy little girl.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: kitten2b
    Baby's DOB: 27th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Maria Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) 5 weeks 4 days early.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3.5weeks in newborn care.

Forum name: Bec77
    Baby's DOB: 27 August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight: 1796g / 3lb15oz - Length: 46cm - Head Circ: 31.7cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Joshua Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuamichael
    Health Concerns: Nil
    Notes: Joshua was born @ 32+4. He spent 4 weeks in special care but is fine now!

Forum Name: Mummy2Kaitlyn ( Cass)
    State: Sydney
    Baby's DOB: 29th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - Weight 4.154Kg/9pound 2Oz , 52Cms long
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Kaitlyn Ava
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Suffering from the "flat head Syndrome" that seems to have come about due to the SIDS sleep on the back recommendation. We just narrowly avoided having to be fitted with a helmet to correct it last week ...phew ...always get a second opinion!. Other then that she is a healthy little bubs!
    Notes: 26.5 Hour labour ....lonnnggg, she was a very big bubs so took a little while to make her way out!. And when she arrived she looked like a little Budda with her fat rolls. SOOO cute!.

Catch up with your old thread HERE.

Just wanted to let Jo know that I am thinking of you. Big hugs and hope you are ok.

Howdy to everyone else - hope bubs are being good!

Still no teef here - starting to stand though. Might be walking before she gets teef lol!!

Gotta go,

Seeya for now

Hey Kell, she might not get any teeth till she's over one!!!! Just think about us all with the poor teething bubbas getting 4 teeth at once!!!!!

Fletch, of course I don't mind you asking luv!! He hasn't been paid yet but when I find out, I'll let you know... We;ve started a bank account for him and any money he makes goes straight in there and when he's older, he can buy lots of stuff!!!

HURRY UP TEETH!!!!!

Hi ladies..sounds like all the bubbas are doing sooo well. Alex that sounds great..cant wait to see it.

Wtg Zaney too...I will have to have a look.

Awww Kel...least with no teeth theres no biting!!!

Storm dont be hard on yourself..we all have days like that. Kids sound great in getting organized by themselves too!

Soph hope you are having fun catching up with your mum...bet little girl is getting spoilt rotten!

Everything is feeling much better now..lot more relaxed. We had a lovely night with family last night remembering all the lovely things about nan and the funny things she used to say. The kids are doing really well and Sammy is such a healing tool!!! Hes been doing the funniest things lately and is pulling himself up on to everything and creeping around all of the furniture...i just want him to slow down!!!

Jo

Awww Kel...least with no teeth theres no biting!!!
    You might well think Jo - but my bubba is adept at biting using one's gums!!

She has huge lumps both top and bottom gums so aaaaaaaaannnyyy day now they will be there!!

Aww Kell, hope those teeth pop through soon!!

I'll try not to be so hard on my self Jo, but I just feel sooo guilty, even though they did the right thing........

Aww Alex, hope Jack's teeth pop through soon too, yay for Jack being a superstar too!

Zaccie had a good night last night, but I didn't, I drank about a litre of juice, ergh this rotton cold, I think I was up peeing & drinking & blowing my nose every hour, grr I just want to sleep!!
    Zac tried to climb in his walker today, talk about a monkey! Funny thing though he usually tries to climb out of it!! And today he as learnt to blow......( more spit than air comes out though LOL) It must be so wonderful for him to learn all these little tricks his body can do!!!!!

Hi to everybody, hope you are all well!!!!! -xx-

~~**I'M 10 WEEKS & 3 DAYS PREGNANT **~~

I'm around, not having fun coz my work is so bust ATM, I was here til after 6 last night & still here now!!!

Jo, big hugs to you & your family... All the best for tomorrow....

Ummm, now I have forgotten everything else...

OOOH you can get Melbourne Child, Sydney Child or wherever you are Child from your Health Centre, Dr's or Library it's a free mag & comes out monthly... It can bee really good!

OOOO Trace, you changed your user name!!! COOL! I was wondering who it was.

Sorry to hear your stuck at work, hope you get lots of overtime $$$$$$

On salary, so NO overtime... But hopefully aadded bonus $$$$$ in a few months!
    Yep just me, decided to be me!!!

Hi girls! I was hoping to catch up with some proper personals tonight but I have run out of time...I (unfortunately!) have my first day back at work tomorrow and have been busy getting ready for it!

Just quickly...

Jo, I'm glad to hear that things are feeling a bit better for you. I will be thinking of you tomorrow...

Fletch...big congrats to Mr Celebrity Zane! It's such a cute picture. And I would love to catch up on my days off.

Soph...sounds like you are not actually getting much of a holiday after all! Hope you have had a nice time catching up with your family though...

Storm...hope you are feeling better soon!

Alex...congrats to Jack too! Would love to see the poster...

Cass...great news about your place being rented. Hope Kaitlyn has a good night sleep tonight...

Tracey...hope work eases up for you soon!

Josh is doing great...he is commando crawling all over the place and getting into everything! He's pretty close to hands and knees crawling too. He's been a bit grizzly and hasn't been sleeping too well this week, so I think he might have some teeth on the way too. He and DH are spending their first full day alone together tomorrow while I am at work!

A huge hello to everyone else also ...sorry this was so rushed...I need to get to bed and get some sleep...I have to be up in about 6 hours! Will try to catch up over the weekend...bye for now...

Morning, Go Socceroos!!!!! Mind you I am a devout AFL girl, not really into Soccer, but did watch & yep a bit exciting!!!

I am hoping to leave work earlier today!!!! Fletrch I will scan Maddy's bad hair photo's! I think you'll all agree she can do long & short hair & was a cute little poppet! Quite funny really a 3 yr old girl with pierced ears & a crew cut all over with so much gel etc in her hair!!! HA HA HA!

Bec, I hope your first day back isnt too bad! I'm sure DH will look after Josh just fine....

Soph, I bet your looking forward to getting home! hee hee

Jo, I am thinking of you & your family today....... Hugs pet!

Everyone else, I'm sorry to be so quick & boring just got so much work to do!!!!!

Sorry I am slack girls, but this snotty nose has got the better of me........

Jo, I hope things went well today & you are happy in the knowledge than you have laid your Nan to rest. Big hugs to you & your family.

Thanks again for all your thoughts ladies...i really really appreciate it.

The service was lovely...it was so nice being able to share stories with everyone and seeing everyone again..we have a big family! I feel so relieved that its all over and now we can move on knowing that nan is at peace.

Thanks again..will do personals soon..just enjoying my brother being down from Broome at the moment.

Jo

Hi Girls!

Soph I hope you can head home soon so that Lucie can run wild in her own safe home. I know what you mean on the feeding thing...when not at home it is all so much harder!.

Tracey I am with you ...go socceroos!I am not a big fan of sport ( dont mind the AFL Swannies in their tightie whitie shorts mind you!) But you really do get a sense of national pride in a comp like this.

Bec it sure sounds like some more teeth for Josh! Kaitlyn was a nightmare for about a week ...now she has settled and I can see the white popping through for two eye teeth!. I hope your first day went well ...I am going back 2nd August and I am REALLY getting nervous about leaving the princess :-(.

Fletch I love your flag war hehehe. Do you think the blonde intruder may have been a different gender once she looks like a man to me!!!!!!!! not that theres anything wrong with that!. Perry is driving me NUTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I am glad Darren seems to think claire is cute...about time the most intelligent girl got a little attention...Camilla is driving me nuts to ..all she does is complain and tell people off...as you can see I dont mind watching BB either hehehe.

Storm that is so cute about Zac discovering his body and what it can do ....they are at that age where they are becoming sponges and just taking it all in!.

Sorry if I missed anyone..trying to catch up!.

Well Kaitlyn has slept through for two nights so I think the teeth may be calming down. But my S**t of a cat has been waking me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He scratches on her nursery door so that she stirs and needs to be resettled and then expects to be fed! . This morning I gave in and fed him at 430am as the morning before I was up from 4-6am as he kept scratching and I kept chasing him...anyway fed him at 430am ..then at 6am he started scratching at her door again for more food!!!!!!!!!!I got up and went to the kitchen ...of course he followed me ..for food ...and I splashed him with water ..hehehe mean mummy. Man I could have killed him...I have a 10month old daughter who can sleep through without a feed and yet my 8year old cat cant make it through!!!!!!!!! Anyway ...have to get out the old water spray bottle and use it on him...he did this when Kaitlyn was first born ..but a couple of nights of being sprayed with water he soon learnt it was not a good idea!.

Aside from that ....nice day ...food shopping ...went for a walk and a play in the park...chatted with all the neighbours and they all started their goodbyes which is a little sad....and had chinese and a magnam icecream for dinner..oh yea and a bacardi breezer....I feel ILL!!!!piggie oink oink...better go for an extra long walk tomorrow!.

Hope you ladies are all enjoying your evening.

Cass

Janene_87 Guest

Hey Girls,
    Sorry i haven't been on for awhile i have been getting ready to go to Queensland.
    Hannah and i never actually got to Queensland . . .Here's why:

First things first. . .What was meant to happen: We were meant to fly from Melbourne (7:45am) - Sydney (9:05am) then Sydney (10:50am) - Hervey Bay (12:35pm) . . Now for the story: We went to the airport and checked in like normal, I thought you had to board 10 min before your flight left so we went and got a drink and then 10 min before my flight was going to leave we went over to the gate, I asked the flight attendant at the gate where my flight was boarding she said it had left 3 min before hand and to go to the service desk, so we went to the service desk where I was then told that it was still boarding and that she will call the gate to get them to wait but we'll have to run down there. So we made it onto the plane and we where sitting on the run way for like 30 min eventually the captain came over and said that Sydney is really foggy and they don't know if we'll be able to fly in there. Finally we got the ok to go, after an hour and a half of circling near Sydney we still couldn't land because of the fog and we where running out of fuel so we went and landed in Canberra, we where in Canberra for 30 - 45min when they got us back onto the plane and we landed in Sydney. I went up to the gate where I was supposed to board my flight to Hervey Bay and they told me it had already left and there was only 1 flight there a day so they will put me up in a motel and I can fly there in the morning, I thought yep that's fine. They told me then to take a seat and they'll get a supervisor to come over and talk to me soon, an hour and a half later I went up to them and asked instead of giving me a motel and us flying out in the morning can they just fly me to Brisbane or the Gold Coast tonight, they said yep so I was then on a flight to Brisbane, I went down to lost baggage and got my bags and re checked in and we where sitting at the gate when they told us it was an hour delayed so I waited there another hour 10 minutes before we where about to start boarding they said it had been cancelled! I was now close to having a nervous break down as Hannah was now getting real sooky because all she wanted to do was get on the ground and crawl around but she couldn't I also didn't have a pram so all this time I had been carrying her around. I went up to the desk again along with a lot of other angry people and they said there was no more flights to Queensland until morning and they will not supply us with motels because there is too many of us so we can either sleep the night at the air port and see what comes up or we can get a credit note and go see what some other airlines have. I knew for a fact no one else would have any other flights tonight I was not about to spend the night at an airport with a baby, so I asked if they had any flights to Melbourne they said yes so I got a ticket to Melbourne for 6:15pm I then went down and got my luggage again and went and checked in again and went up to the gate, we then got a 15min delay, then a 30min delay, then a 40min delay finally we where on the plane going home! We landed in Melbourne at 8:40pm!

Yesterday was the worst day of my life!
    John might be coming down in 2 - 3 weeks (we hope) otherwise i wont see him until Hannah's bday!

I will write more soon everyone . . . hope you are all having a good weekend.

OOOOH Janene... How bloody annoying!!!
    Who was that flying with???? I hope they compensate you, make sure you write in & explain you had a baby with you & were told could sleep in an airport!!!

That's disgraceful!!!! But a new experience??? Trying to look on the brightside!?

Janene_87 Guest

Hey,

It was flying with Virgin Blue . . . Yeah i am definatly going to complain.
    Aparently it happened again yesterday morning so people who where promised there flight in the morning would probably still be there because the fog didn't lift yesterday either! . . . It's crazy they should have found a way to handle the situation better. I thought planes could fly in fog anyway because they have all that special equipment in them . . . .

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast