Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #13

Aww Kel..one day to go..i know exactly how you feel but one really is still so little..theres an awful lot of growing to go!! Think of all the pressies..theres a plus to everything!!! How is the weaning going and are you using a substitute for booby milk? I was thinking about giving Sammy a drink in a cup other than water during the day but not sure what to do and am reluctant to give cows milk and really dont to express.

Soph sorry you had a bad night last night. Our little ones like to keep us guessing dont they. We saw my super ex girlfriend..it was ok..very light comedy.

Brooke..pop in when you get a chance dear. Im hoping all is ok with you.

Fletchie and Rae whats the new name...cmon fess up!

Hiya Storm..hope you and Zaccie are having a nice day.

We had a lovely night last night and little boy was fine. Happy to leap into our arms though when we picked him up. I have a terrible cold though...im losing my voice too..darren keeps wanting me to sing 'total eclipse of the heart' lol with my voice!! Funny man. Our friends got back from the UK yesterday. We are meeting up with them this weekend. They are a bit shellshocked with the weather over there..hottest summer ever apparently in the high 30's!

We went for a walk in the rain today. Gotta love those plastic covers you hook over prams..Sammy stayed dry and warm as toast and loved the novelty of rain splashing around him. Has anyone noticed their bubs having bruised knees? I was giving Sammy a massage yesterday after having a bath with him and noticed his little knees are bruised..poor little man...makes me feel terrible! I cant remember the girls getting bruised knees just from crawling.MMM

Hope its a nice day ladies

Jo

Hi girls!

Having a wonderful lazy day today....el and i are still in our pj's - lol. DH is away so who carea and i don't plan on going anywhere. El is having a good day too - very independant, cruising around the loungerooms, playing on her own, and has had heaps of quiet time in her cot. i think she's just taking it easy - getting over her bad patch. And i don't mind at all!!!

Soph - hope it's just BH! I'm a bit jealous - silly me - cause i never got any BH in Ella's preg...would have no idea what they're like - and as i never got to have any contracions i can't even compare them with that. Oh well - maybe next time. It's good that Lucie put herself back to sleep - even if she kept waking up. Ella does that when she's cold so u may be right about that!

As u could tell Fletch and i couldn't sleep last night...but then something went wrong with bb and it was all over for us and our gasbagging Oh well - at least it forced me to go to bed. Yeah - Rona came up with a lovely name for us (gotta c if DH likes it first). I like the E names - like Ebony perhaps and Ethan (except Paul has his heart set on Jett, which i like too - so the E thing won't be consistent with all bubs if we have a son!) The name Rona suggested is 'Eden' - which is beautiful and different -definately one to think about. Thanks Fletch - she's a creative little thing - well done on the other job too!

Brooke - hope all is ok with u guys. Thinking of u heaps

Kel - 1 day to go - boy oh boy!!!! U'll have a great time - what a special time for u all.

Jo - Poor little Sammy with his bruised knees...he's a real kid now!!!!!!! At least he doesn't seem to be bothered by it - i'll have to check out el's knees now.

Hi Cass and Storm - hope u and bubsies are having a great day

Might chat again later today - bye for now.

Aww Rae..i love the name Eden. Someone on bb had a little girl called Eden a few months back and i can remember thinking its a gorgeous name! Enjoy your pj day wont you..they are the best!!!

Thanks for the tips on the knees Fletchie. Im worried about it now if no one else has bruised knees...my poor bubba! I will hunt down snazzies or sweat bands! I dont think its selfish at all Fletchie having Zaney to yourself on Sunday..id prob do the same thing..i love Sundays being family day! Are you making your own cake? Im trying to work out what I want to make!

Soph I missed the contraction bit before..whoohoo. Thats so great and its absolutely right that they seem to start earlier with subsequent pregnancies. Not long to go now eh!!! I love the name Eve too...sooooooo pretty!!! My nan was Eve.

Well ive just found out that Dorothy the Dinosaur's Dance Party is on here next Friday so thrilled to be able to take my little guy. Has anyone else been?

Jo

Jo, Zaccie has bruised knees
    And a wonderful sore, lump on his forehead No thanks to Dylan leaving his play station in reach on the end of his tv unit

Glad the u/s went well Brooke...hope you get better soon. Thats so great your hubby can stay home and look after you.

Storm..awww..poor little man with the bruised knees and head! Im relieved though to know that its not just Sammy with the bruised knees. I was thinking he might have been a bit anaemic or something.

Jo

Great news on your scan Brooke!! Sorry to hear you are still so sick!! I had that e few weeks ago, not nice when there is nothing you can take!! Lucky you have DH home to care for you both!! Poor little Charli, I hope you both recover soon. Sending heaps of get well vibes to you !!!!!

Oh Brooke - so glad all is great with the preg!!!!!!! Sorry that u and Charli are still so crook - good luck going into the city...u poor thing.

Soph - i love the name Eve too....so pretty and simple!!!!

Storm - poor Zac with his bruises too...don't u feel terrible when they have them. Ella has one on her cheek from hitting it on the tiles. i feel horrible everytime i look at it

Jo - Dorothy sounds like great fun - u'll have to let us know how it is!

Any of u gals - apart from Fletch - going to the St Mary's meet up? would love to meet u all IRL..and those gorg bubs too

We are all here for u Brooke!!Call us your family!! Anytime u need us we are here and ready to help, listen, care and be excited with u!!... Get better soon.

Jo and Storm, Jack has bruised knees as well!! Must be a boy thing.... At least it's winter and they are covered up by pants!!

Rae, would love to meet up with all you guys but being in Melb causes a bit of a problem!!!
    OOOOH and I love Eden and Eve...

And I think Jack will be on display in Target from the 17th August, when they have Baby week. But I'll have more details when I know...

Cass, I can't remember if it was u who asked if I had my own dog grooming business, but yeah I do and it's in my garage and I love it.. Can work when I want..

Gotta go and get some sleep... Sweet dreams everyone..

I understand about the whole Melbourne thing Alex - that's where my best friend moved to BTW -u must be one proud mumma having Jack on the posters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay Brooke! I was getting a bit worried. So hope you guys get better soon. I love my family to bits, but in actual fact probably get along better with my MIL than my mother. weird! Hope you go ok getting into the city.

Alex - I hope we get the poster in our little country Target! You must be super proud.

Jo - Don't worry Lucie gets heaps of bruises. DH was playing with her the other day and she fell on her sippy cup and got a black eye. I felt so bad whenever I took her out anywhere! She had bruised knees too, but doesn't really crawl anymore (walking EVERYWHERE!) so hopefully that is over!

Rae - Yeah I am thinking it will probably be Eve for a girl, I like simple names. I love the name Eden too. I have a family friend (male) called Eden, he is a lovely guy - you know how you just associate names with people? I think Eve goes quite well with Lucie too. Oh and boys, I really like Tom (although I have an ex called Tom, is that weird???), or Henry or Ned.

Fletch - Yeap pretty sure they are BH, bub is putting quite a bit of pressure on the pelvis area too, quite uncomfortable! And you are definately not selfish wanting Zane all to yourself with a family day. Are you going anywhere at all? I thought it might be nice to take Lucie to a zoo (if there is one around!) on the weekend after her birthday - just the 3 of us.

Storm - Getting a belly yet?

Ah a better night last night. I was actually worried - I didn't hear her at all from about 9.30 till 4.30am, then she woke up for a while but went back to sleep till 5.30. I think 5.30am is her waking time, I'm not sure if I can push her to 6am. I've always been an early bird so I can't complain too much! And she is now in bed at 7pm instead of 7.30 or later anyway.

Man my nipples are sooooooooooooooooooo leaky! I have colostrum galore. Fingers crossed it's a good sign I'll be BF in a about 7 weeks.

Zahra !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    CONGRATS Kel that ur little girl is the big # 1 - u must be sooooo proud. Hope u all have a fabulous day. Give her lots of kisses and cuddles from us

Oh Kel Happy Birthday Zahra!

Hope its a wonderful day Zahra sweetheart with lots of yummies and pressies.

Kel enjoy your princesses special day. Sammy sends an extra big cuddle and sloppy kiss!

Jo

Glad you had a better night Soph. Sammy is sleeping so much better too. A couple of times I have found him spread out on my legs..its so cute. Whoohooo on the colostrum..its getting close!!

Wow Alex..will keep a look out at our Target!

Brooke we are all here for you hon

Well all the nasties going around have reached through the comp and landed here. I am feeling dreadful today..my voice has left the building. Think little man is getting sick too as he has a temp and is off his food..cept for mandarins which he loves. He sucks all the juice out and then spits the rest. Thank goodness Darren took the girls to school today so I dont have to see anyone looking like this..gonna hibernate at home today.

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Jo

Oh Jo I hope you and Sammy get better quick smart. Has anyone not been sick yet????? I don't want anymore sickness here than you!

Happy Birthday Zahra!!!

OH No Jo, hope it is nothing serious & you get well soon!!

Hiya Soph, yep, have a bump already!! Lol at your boobies too!! Yay for Lucie having a good sleep, you've done a great job helping her to sleep properly!!

Hi to everybody else. Hope you are all well.

Thanks Soph and Storm...i really am feeling like a misery guts today though..I have AF too...i shouldnt really complain after almost a year after Sammy being born but shes back with vengence. Grrrr

Jo

Oh No Jo, that sux!! Almost a ful 12 months with out her, gee that would've been nice!! I hope it settles down soon for you!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast