Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #13

Default Babies Born August 2005 #13

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie [email protected]
    Lea 13 [email protected]com.au

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Storm
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 9th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3290 (7.2)- Length 52cm- Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Zachary
    Baby's Website: nope, sorry
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) heart murmur & a hydrocele
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced by arm, due to 2 vessel cord

Forum Name: Wheatie (Soph)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucie Maria
    Baby's Website: Not yet!
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Was induced due to high BP. Lucie went back into hospital less than 24 hours after coming home as she wasn't feeding - turns out she was jaundiced and needed some tanning time! Mum now expressing and bottlefeeding as confidence was seriously dented!!!

Forum Name: B456
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 24/8/05
    Baby's Stats: 3230 grams, 51cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Silent reflux
    Notes: Born by c-section under a general anasethic (epidural did not work). I had preeclampsia - C/s was elective. She is bottle fed and is 'hyper alert'.

Forum Name: iluvella
    State:NSW
    Baby's DOB:24.8.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2.170kg (4 pound 12), 44.5cm, 31cm
    Baby's Name: Ella Hollie
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: is currently having major allergic reactions to all dairy - rashes, swelling of eyes and throat, blistering
    Notes: Ella was born premmie at 34 weeks due to a severe placenta abruption. Delivered through emergency c/s. Spent only 3 weeks in NICU and apart from recent food allergies has been developing really well and reaching all the correct milestones!
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Forum Name: Janene_87
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 26.08.2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3925g or 8lb 90z Length - 53cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Hannah Paige
    Baby's Website: www.babyhomepages.net/mybabyhannah/
    Health Concerns: Mild Excema
    Notes: Happy, Healthy little girl.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: kitten2b
    Baby's DOB: 27th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Maria Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) 5 weeks 4 days early.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3.5weeks in newborn care.

Forum name: Bec77
    Baby's DOB: 27 August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight: 1796g / 3lb15oz - Length: 46cm - Head Circ: 31.7cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Joshua Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuamichael
    Health Concerns: Nil
    Notes: Joshua was born @ 32+4. He spent 4 weeks in special care but is fine now!

Forum Name: Mummy2Kaitlyn ( Cass)
    State: Sydney
    Baby's DOB: 29th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - Weight 4.154Kg/9pound 2Oz , 52Cms long
    Baby's Name:Kaitlyn Ava
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Suffering from the "flat head Syndrome" that seems to have come about due to the SIDS sleep on the back recommendation. We just narrowly avoided having to be fitted with a helmet to correct it last week ...phew ...always get a second opinion!. Other then that she is a healthy little bubs!
    Notes: 26.5 Hour labour ....lonnnggg, she was a very big bubs so took a little while to make her way out!. And when she arrived she looked like a little Budda with her fat rolls. SOOO cute!.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found HERE.

I must be special, coz I get to be first too!!!!!

ON Saturday night Zac walked everywhere, he'd only crawl if he fell down,to find something to pull himself up on, for about 2 hours straight!! Anyway I put him to bed around 9, & he slept soundly til I woke him up at 11am on Sunday:eek: I think he wore himself out!!

Oh Brooke you poor thing ..I hope you start feeling better soon. Good luck at the scan today ..wish you could find out the sex now hehe.

Storm I cant believe Zac is on the move , what a clever boy. Hope you DH is starting to feel a little better.

Soph how was your evening ( sorry if it was in the last thread ..jumping on really quick before the miss wakes up as she is so clingy!).

Fletch how is Zane today?.

Hiya to all the other gals and Bubs.

Well today my Bronchitius has hit me ..arghh ...could not sleep last night with all the coughing. Plus DH has it so he is congested which makes him snore ..arghh. Touch wood KAitlyn is not ill yet all though something is happening as she is SOOOOOO clingy . I just hope she does not get it.

Today marks the last monday of my work free life ...a bit dramatic I know.

On a more happy note DH and I went looking at a couple of houses on the weekend ..just for fun . ANd they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cheap! I think we will be able to get a 4 bedroom bathroom house for around 550K..can you believe that ..in Sydney!. That in my old suburb would have been no less then 800-900K..so glad we have made the move.

Oh big news my little Brother in law was stabbed on the weekend! Thank goodness he is fine but it missed an atery in his neck by 2mm so he was so lucky. It was in the paper as it was very random...just him and his friend ganged up on by two 25yr olds for no reason ..weird. This is a horrible world we live in .

Miss is up ..better run !.

Chat later girls.

Cass

Brooke - Hope all goes well today and your peanut does a few wriggles for you!

Storm - Happy Birthday! Yay for Zac and the milk, he's making up for lost time!

Lost the plot now on the other posts in the old thread....I'll try my best....

Tracey - Have an awesome holiday and lots of Tracey time - that's an order! And thanks for the info re Maddy, reckon Lucie will follow in her footsteps and be a titch!

Jo - How is the beautiful Sammy?

Rae and Fletch - Hope your little monkeys are on the fast road to recovery.

Cass - How is Kaitlyn this afternoon?

Didn't end up getting Lucie weighed - she was tired and it was sleep time. Will do it Friday morning. Got some more photos developed, it's a different site that I have to email people to give access too. I'll try and get organised and grab all your email addresses so I can show you some of the latest Lucie pics. Ahhhh she's asleep so it's Sophie time!

Hi all u mummas and bubbas!!!

Fletch I'm sure I've done something like that before...Hope Scott didn't take too long to come and rescue u!!!Soooo glad Zane is feeling better...

Brooke, hope your scan was great and exciting!!! And can't believe Charli doesn't want anymore day sleeps!!! Does she get tired early at night..Jack still has 2 naps a day...

Rae, hope Ella is feeling better too..

Trace, hope u and your family have a super time and I love the names Sonali and Leni. And yeah what about a boy name!!!.....I guess u just know the next one will b a girl too....

to u Storm today. And also to Jo and Darren for 2morrow!! Hope u all have lovely days..
    YAY for Zac walking everywhere and on the big sleep too!!He must have been buggered...hehehehe. Jack is also having cows milk too, but just one a day so far for his lunch, then I will gradually change his morning and night ones. He loves it too Storm and seems to drink it much faster than his formula bottles... I have been buying him the Junior milk with all the added vitamins and stuff cause Nick and I drink Physical low fat milk, and don't lilke full cream milk. And it is so much easier to just pour some milk out of the fridge isn't it than having to boil the jug and make bottles!!!

Cass, great news on the house and hope you get better soon too. And so glad your little brother is ok. What a shock!!And I know, why can't the world be filled with all nice people.....

Everyone have a fab day 2moro(esp Jo and Darren!!) and hope it is as glorious as today has been.....I went for a huge walk with Jack and Lara (our dog) this arvo cause of the scrumptious weather!! And might go for another huge one tommorow 2... I just love walking!!

Goodnite everyone!!!

Fletch - Oh you poor thing being stuck at the shops! Hope you are all back to 100% health. Not long to Zanes birthday, what are you doing for it?

Alex - Hope you get in a good walk today! I must say that now we have moved to Ballina I love getting out and walking again. It's all flat (heheheheheh) and there are heaps of parks and playgrounds on the river too. Lucie loves it too!

Brooke - Hope all was good yesterday. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Happy Birthday Jo and Darren!

Ok better go and have a play with my little angel. I lay buyed part of her birthday pressie yesterday - the Fisher Price Peek a Block big block activity thingy. Does anyone have it?

Jo & Darren!!

Soph, I havent got Zac anything yet & I have no idea what to get him. I just cant beleive how soon they are gonna be 1, it just doesn't seem right

Hay Alex, it is so much easier!! What milk do you use for Jack? I've never seen it.Might be something to get Zac onto. We all use normal milk & I am so suprised at how quick he drinks it now & never leaves any in the bottle!! He must really hate the formula cos most of the time it was a struggle to get him to drink it!!

I was going to take Zac to get weighed this morning, so I got him ready & he was whingy, so I went to do my hair & he was crawling down the hall way & went quiet, so I popped my head out the door & he had fallen asleep on the carpet in a stretched out crawl, awwwww so cute!! We didn't make it to get weighed, will have to wait til next Tuesday now.

Hope everybody is having a great day!!!!!

Thanks Ladies

Brooke cant wait to hear all about your u/s hon..let us know how it went when you get a chance..i know you havent been well though poor chookie. Love your names too Wow at little missy not having day sleeps too..be very tiring. Sammy will normally have two but every now and then will just want the one.

Cass sorry to hear you are sick as well. Whoohooo on the houses too..its always fun!Omg at your brother though:eek: Im so glad hes ok but geez what a shock!

Soph cant wait to see some new piccies of gorgeous Lucie! My email is in my profile i think.

LOL at your blonde day Fletchie you poor worn out Mummy. That sounds like something I would do! Glad all is well now though. How is Master Zane? Is he starting to feel better? How are the party plans coming along?

Alex I love walking too! Sammy and I went for a lovely one this morning. Its nice to make the most of sunny weather.

Soph that sounds great for Lucie. I keep giving Sammy the presents I have bought him lol. I have a big shopping day planned though on Monday and I am getting it all done in one hit ready for his big day on Wednesday.

LOL at little Zac asleep on the carpet...he must be worn out!!! Did you have a lovely day yesterday?

Well Im having a lovely day today. Darren and I have both been sooooo spoilt..have new clothes, new jewellery, Raising boys book from Sammy..isnt he clever and new things for the house..i love decorating!! We are having some grownup time tonight..with dinner and a movie. Sammys only been left with my mum twice while Jess was in the hospital..im still not very good with leaving him..but Im sure he will be ok. Thanks for all of your birthday wishes..you are all so lovely.

Jo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO!

mmmmmmmmwwwwahhhhhh!

Hope you have a wonderful night!! (no surprises in a few weeks time if you catch my drift......!!!)

Hope everyone is ok - off to put the kids to bed!

Will speak again soon.

Seeya

Hiya girls

Fletch that sounds so much like something I would do . Although the otherday I was looking for the milk and I had put it in the pantry instead of the fridge!. How I am going to cope when I go back to work is a mystery to me hehehe. I would LOVE to catch up with you and Mr Zane. We should organise a time really soon. Obviously I am only free Mondays now as I am back at work next week ...big :-(((((((((((((((((((((((

Alex your walk sounds soooooo nice! . I am such a lover of walking but Kaitlyn has gone anti pram on me arghhh . So I have only been on three walks in about 3 weeks! I normally walk at least 1 hour a day!.

Soph i have been wondering if I should buy peek a boo blocks as well . It is so easy to go overboard though. I have about $200.00 worth of pressies on layby for Christmas for missy moo...I figure I can spend a little more although my mum said to leave things for other people to buy hehe. Cant wait to see the new pic of Lucie!.

Well we have had a nice slow day here as I am feeling very unwell. Trying to sort our tax out so I can send it to the account. I swear no matter how well I file I ALWAYS find I am missing some bills ..how can this be!. Other then that just trying to get us on a home office capped Lan line deal ..anyone got any good ideas on which company to go with ?.

Rats are still active :-( One seemed to be dragging something through the walls of our bedroom last night, probably one of his dead friends. I rang the guy to come and check it out this afternoon as these little squatters have gotta go!.

Kaitlyn is copying us more which is sooooo cute!. She smacks her lips together and blows the best rasberries but it is more her expressions when she does this that is hillarious. She is cruising the furniture a lot more and when not cruising she is rocketing accross the floor on all fours. The funniest thing is when she is chasing something and she laughs as she goes, this really cheeky laugh hehe.

Hope all you gals are having a good day.

Cass

Hi everyone
    Brooke - how did ur scan go? Hope u and Charli r feeling better too.
    Jo and Darren - hope ur having a lovely day!!!! BTW i'm trying the chicken with tomato, soy and worsteshire sauce recipe u posted in s/c...so far it looks delish.
    Soph - ur soooo good to have bought all of Lucie's b'day pressies - i'm gonna have to pull my finger out!
    Trace - enjoy that holiday hun - and i love those names...beautiful
    Cass - Sorry to hear ur sick too - what a terrible time everyone is having with illness right now. Get well soon
    Storm - PMSL at Zac falling asleep on the floor....what a gem!
    Fletch - lol at ur club lock episode - u poor thing... but hey take it easy on the blonde jokes - hehehehe
    Alex - u r good girl with all that walking...i'm so jealous as i wish i had the motivation to get my butt off the lounge and off bb!
    Kelli - can't belive how close ur bub Zahra is to being the big number 1!!!! How exciting...and sad too!

Well my little treasure is back to her usual well and cheeky self. Got her piglet appetite back too so i'm happy. DH has gone away again - but only for 2 nights. No official BD this month (DH is too afraid if we don't wait the recommended 12 mnths that my body won't cope....very sweet and i guess there isn't a real rush) but we've decided to seriously consider it in the next few months so i'm thrilled!!!! Can't wait to have a little sister or brother in the making for Ella.

Have a great arvo everyone!

Hey Fletch and Rae

To sum up how I feel about "the" impending day, I am closing my eyes, blocking my ears and hoping that it just goes away!!

Can't believe she is 1 in two days. sigh.........

I am really sad and soooo don't want it to be true, but then again, she is developing into a real gorgeous little tyke! She has attitude already and God help me when she is a few years older!!

Feeling a bit sad also due to the fact that I am weaning her. She has not had a boob feed for 1.5 days now and I am sad sad sad.

sigh.......

Sorry for the downer - last baby, last baby experiences......sigh.....

Looking forward to giving her pressies though! I looooooovve giving presents!!

Seeya! Washing to be folded, dinner to be cooked, kids the be bathed etc etc!

Oh Kell, you poor thing.
    As sad as it is it is so exciting as well!!!
    Don't ya just wish they would stay babies for ever???

I'm intrigued Fletchy - what's this E name???? If it's for a boy then i can't use it cause Paul's set on Jett!

It was!!!!!!!!!!!! What a coincidence huh! BTW i love the name - ur good

Morning all!

Kel - Oh wow only 1 day to go! I'm sure it will be a lovely day. Sorry you are sad about weaning etc, I guess the changes never stop though eh?

Fletch - What is this name? You have me intruiged. Yay on another job! Hope that pesky cough of Zane's goes soon. Lucie had one too and it sounded horrendous. I'm feeling ok thanks. A few twinges this morning actually - hoping just BH though, it's far too early (33 weeks)

Rae - You'll have a bun in the oven in no time! Glad Ella is better for you.

Cass - Lucie loves the peek a blocks she has already, and this thing is like a big activity block that sorts them and does all sorts of things. Hadn't actually seen it before, but stumbled across it in Toyworld. It was reduced from like $120 to $65 so I thought it was a bit of a bargain. Hopefully she likes it!

Jo - How was last night and what movie did you see?

Storm - How cute Zac asleep on the floor. He must have been very tired!

Well not a great night here last night. Lucie woke every hour or two, but put herself back to sleep within a few minutes. Then she woke at 4 for about 15 mins and then back to sleep with a few whinges in between til almost 5.30. She wasn't overly hungry for her bottle this am either - only 100ml. I'm hoping maybe she was just cold, last night was the first time since we did CC that she wore something different to bed. I just hope this isn't a step backwards! She'll be tired around 9, fingers crossed she has a decent nap then.

Hello????? Where is everyone today?

Brooke matey - hope all was ok Monday, and you are just too busy to post atm. Thinking of you.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast