Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #13

Fletch - another job - that's great

Jo - sorry to hear u're feeling so crap...
    [QUOTE=~Jo~] so I dont have to see anyone looking like this..gonna hibernate at home today. - well u look fab in ur av hun

Storm - oooohhhhh i'm 'clucking' away over here thinking of ur baby bump!!!!!

Soph - so glad Lucie is sleeping better and good news on the colostrum too - it must be getting more and more real each day now.....how exciting!

A big hello to everyone else - and i'm sending more get well vibes for those who still need them

Hey girls...long time, no post! Sorry for being such a stranger...I just feel like there aren't enough days in the week since going back to work! (I do pop in and read though, even if I'm not posting myself )

Brooke...congrats on a great scan! I have to admit, I was checking in regularly the past few days waiting to hear how it went. I hope you and Charli are both on the mend. When you are feeling better we will definitely have to catch up...coffee, lunch, whatever takes your fancy!

Belated birthday wishes to Jo & Storm! And happy birthday to Zahra!!

Soph...good to hear that Lucie had a better night last night. Hope it continues for you. And I love Eve and Tom. I have Evie on our list of girls names...

On the subject of names...Rae, I think Eden is lovely too...

Fletch...wow, your little boy is nearly 1! Have a great time at his party.

Alex...I'll make sure I look out for Jack at Target. How exciting! (17 August is my birthday!)

Cass...how is your BIL going? I hope he is healing well. I hear you on the price of houses too...that's why we ended up where we are...it was stay in Leichhardt/Annandale & buy a tiny 2 bedroom unit or move to where we are now and buy a 4 bedroom house for the same price!

Jo...hope you are feeling better soon! Have you had a look at Raising Boys yet? I have it too and it's an interesting read...

Storm...how cute is Zac falling asleep on the carpet the other day?! Josh did something similar in a shopping trolley last weekend - just slumped forward in the trolley seat and fell asleep without warning!

Hey Tracey, how are you doing? Looks like work is keeping you busy!!

Louise...hi to you and Maria...

Josh has been through lots of changes since I last posted...he graduated from commando crawling to hands and knees crawling (still does a bit of both)...he got his two top front teeth (total of 4 now)...he has started pulling himself up on anything and everything and is standing lots and he has developed a great appetite and is eating lots of new things. He's turning into such a little boy. I'm loving watching him develop and grow.

And...in some other news...we have taken the plunge and started TTC again this month! I am currently in my first 2WW.

Hi Bec!!!! Nice to hear fom you!!

Yay for TTC & an even bigger yay for being in the 2WW!! Hope it's a BFP for you!!
    Be sure to pop back & let us know !!!!

Yay for Josh crawling too!! They grow up so fast don't they? It's scarey to think all the August bub's are turning 1 very, very soon

Take it easy!!

Thanks Storm! Will be sure to pop in!

And I know...1 next month! Eeek! Where has the past year gone?!

Hi all

Been a while since I have posted, have been lurking around but never seem to have time to post.

Sickness has yet again hit our place, I have a middle ear infection, the plane trip back from Brissie was not pleasant and I now have a persistant high pitches squeal in my left ear. Maria has had gastro (thanks childcare), I am still worried that something she eats is trobling her so I have a referal toa paed for the Thursday week, hopefully she will eat better then, mice out her to shame lately. I had her weighed by the baby health nurse last Thursday and she was only 7.5kg, I think she has lost a bit due to the gastro as well.
    I also want to put her onto cows milk once she turns 1, so I want to definetly rule out the lactose intolerance before then)

Other news than the sickness, is that I have started organising a birthday party for Maria and bought her presents last week, a FP swing and a walker/buggy that has songs etc (I love toy shopping), she has 2 more teeth (6 now) and I am seriously thinking of giving up work, I am just so tired constantly and getting every bug going around. Work is moving out to Rosehill by the end of the year and I just cannot face the travel every day, 2hours in Sydney traffic every day is not my cup of tea. I just want to enjoy Maria, not just look after her and worry if I have done my full 24 hours work in a week.

Hope everyone is well or getting better.

Wow lots of posts!

Hi Louise! Sorry Maria has had gastro, it's the pits! And I hope your ear fixes itself soon. Yuck 2 hours in Sydney traffic - I totally understand how Maria time is so much more appealing!

Bec - Hello to you too! Josh is such a cutey. Yay on TTC too - fingers crossed there's another pg one of us very soon.

Rae - Yeap all a bit too real! Trying to organise for various family members to come up atm to look after Lucie when the time comes. Fingers crossed I'll have MIL and FIL here by 1st Sept.

Fletch - Was going to get you to do some invites for Lucie's party by I only need 4 LOL so will just do something quickly myself. Maybe when #2 arrives I can use your wonderful services to do some funky thank you cards.

Jo - Hopefully you are feeling your gorgeous self again today!

Storm - Yay for belly!!!!! Lucie loves my belly and thinks it's hilarious. She could spend all day blowing raspberries on it if I let her! Don't know what she'll think after it's gone (hopefully won't take too long).

Hi Alex, Brooke, Cass and everyone else!. Hope Tracey is having a nice holiday.

We're off to another 1st birthday today which should be fun. Off to have muffet weighed this am too. Will let you know....I'm scared!

Just got back from clinic - Only a gain of 150g in past month (now 8.5kg, 70cm long)
    She's sliding off the scale but as midwife said, because she is so active so early and not a big eater, this is why she is not gaining a lot. So don't think she will be any near 9kg at 12 months But what can I do?

Morning Ladies

Soph just like the midwife said..she has been active early and doesnt like to eat..dont stress. The fact that she is so active is proof enough that shes perfectly fine. It is hard not to worry though isnt it. Have fun at your 1st birthday party..bet little Lucie will have a ball.

Awww Louise not more sickness you poor thing. Geez I can so understand you wanting to quit your job..thats hard work driving 2 hours! Goodluck with whatever you are able to decide. I so hope little Maria is better soon..poor munchkin.

Whoohooo Bec isnt little Joshie so clever. Its so great being able to watch and see them change and grow each day isnt it. Congrats on the ttcing too. Fingers crossed for a very soon! Im loving Raising boys too..its a nice easy read and makes a lot of sense..what do you think?

Rae thanks for that...i will take solace in looking good in my av!!Hehe..cos Im feeling so darn awful!

Fletchie hope your next job is going well..thats so great!

Well another day feeling terrible. I am really over it...and whats with AF..sorry if TMI but did everyone find first one so unbelievably heavy??

Jo

Hi Girls ,

sorry I have been MIA ..I have bronchitus so does Dh and Kaitlyn having a temp of 38.9 for two days and hardly opening her eyes the whole time we took her to hospital yesterday. Good news is in the 8HOURS we were there ..yes 8 bloody hours!. Her temp started to drop and she seemed a little better. They needed a urine sample before we left though so from about 445pm to 945pm ..we had to sit forcing Kaitlyn to drink Gaterade with her nappy off so we could catch the wee!. The Dr was on his second day and could not speak English ..he kept asking why she had not had certain shots and I kept saying because they get them at 12months and she is 11month...I had to tell him this 3 times!. All I can say is thank god for the nurses

ohhh miss is up ..better run...I will try and jump on later and read posts and tell you more.

But she is all AOK so that is the main thing.

Cass - I hope you and Kaitlyn are feeling better.
    Soph - I would love Maria to be 8.5kg, she is only 7.5kg and eats like a mouse as well.
    Fletch - you won't fall to pieces, have a good weekend.

Well Maria and I had a good day today. I found an outfit for her birthday from PP that was reduced - yay. and this afternoon I went for a lovely walk with her and went to a preloved kids stuff store and found a beautiful maroun velveteen dress with rosebud embroidery on it, great condition and only $9, I love bargains, now she has a special outfit for a christening in Canberra on the long weekend. Now she is asleep after eating all her dinner (hasn't done that in a week), hopefully she stays there.

Kel hope little Zahra's birthday was beautiful and fun with lots of pressies and spoiling. Cant wait to hear all about it.

Louise thats great finding such a lovely outfit. Its nice getting bargains like that..and the birthday outfit as well! Have you decided about what you will do with work?

Cass what a nightmare you poor thing. That must have been awful trying to catch a wee..geez. Get well vibes being sent your way

Its an emotional time isnt it Fletchie thinking about this time last year. I can remember being soo thrilled..first that little Zahzie had been born and then when we had heard about beautiful Zane. Such an amazingly special time! And you you clever thing had no reason to doubt how well your body would cope delivering Zane and becoming the fantastic mummy that you are. I hope your party is going so well and little Zane is having a lovely day. Hope his very special day tomorrow is wonderful full of beautiful memories for you and Scott to cherish forever.

Brooke that is so great with the maternity leave. Must be such a relief for you. Hope you are feeling better now.

Hope you are all having a lovely day ladies. My little boy is loving the remotes at the moment. First chance he gets its grabbing the foxtel remote..funny boy..thats seems to be his favourite. He is also loving getting into the cupboard with all of the plastic cups and plates..thinks hes so clever lol. Oh and he has a shape sorter truck and he has been putting all his little farm animals into it. We have been clapping each time he did it so now each time he puts an animal in the shape he claps his hands and looks around expectantly! It is so gorgeous. Gosh they are clever little sausages arent they.

Jo

Happy Birthday Master Zane Fletcher!!!!!!!

Hope its a wonderful day for you with lots of snuggles and spoiling from Mummy and Daddy. Thinking of you on your very very special day.

Love Sammy and Jo

Happy Birthday Zane!!!!!!!! Have a great day with mummy and daddy and lots fo smooches!

Jo - How cute with Sammy and the remotes, and his truck!Thanks for your kind words re Lucie's weight too. Very hard not to stress though.

Louise - Yeah I definately have a mouse here too! Congrats on the shopping bargains.

Cass - Hope you are all on the mend, you poor things! Didn't they use one of those wee bag things at the hospital? When we were there (in the early days with me stressing about a non eating bub) they would stick this bag thing over her girly bits which caught all the wee. A lot easier than trying to catch it yourself!

Brooke - Yay for paid mat leave! I am getting it too :eek:

Well we have another hunger strike here, but i think the culprit may be a cold that Lucie has woken up with. Bugger! I did discover yesterday a fruit she will eat though - grapes! Yahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Ah she really isn't well - proceeded to throw up all over both of us just after my last post and then 2 more times since. She's now in bed, hopefully will have a decent sleep. So no breakie and just diluted juice probably on the menu today, she can't afford to be sick like this again! At least it explains the recent lack of appetite a bit. I hate bugs

Awww Soph no...sorry to hear that. Poor Lucie..hope shes better soon. I havent tried Sammy with grapes..good idea..will have to get some for him. Does Lucie get bored with food? I feel like I am giving him a smorgasboard of options each day because he picks and pecks...so dont know if hes bored or just not hungry.

Jo

Happy Birthday Zane

How ya coping Flethcie??

Oh Soph, sorry to hear Lucie is sick again!

Hi to everybody!
    Zac is just recovering from a severe bout of the runs, has bad nappy rash too (his first ever ) Had a temp of 38.6 on Friday night, but when it went it never came back.Been doing nothing but changing nappies & bathing & comforting my little boy!! He seems better now, I was thinking it was the milk doing it to him, so he is now back on formula, & not liking it at all!! Back to the struggle to feed him, I'll try the cows milk in a few weeks time again. Poor poor little stinky pants!!

My dishwasher arrived yesterday!! YIPPEE for me no more washing up!! Just gotta learn how to use it now......

Hope everybody is having a nice weekend.

Poor Zaccie. Hopefully being back on formula will clear him up. Yaay on the dishwasher too...I cant live without mine!!!

Jo

Jo - Lol about the remotes, Maria loves them as well, she turned the TV on the other day (accidently) but she will pick it up and point it in the right direction. I am not sure about work yet, DH says to wait till I fall pg again then resign, I just don't want to travell all the distance each day.

Fletch - Happy B'day to Zane, hope you have had a lovely day.

Soph - Hope Lucie gets well soon. I stress as well (but try not too) every time that Maria gets sick because I feel horrible if she hasn't put on enough weight when I get her weighed. hope the hunger strike ceases soon.

Storm - Hope Zac is better, Yay for the dishwasher, that is one appliance that I don't have that would love, but no room.

Well Maria has just totally destroyed but suprising hasn't tried to eat a whole toys catalogue from the newspaper she is very happy with her self. She has been covering her face with a page, pulling it down and waiting for us to say boo, very cute.

Oh well time to get little I don't want to eat anything other than tomato soup her tea.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast