Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #14

Default Babies Born August 2005 #14

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie [email protected]
    Lea 13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Storm
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 9th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3290 (7.2)- Length 52cm- Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Zachary
    Baby's Website: nope, sorry
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) heart murmur & a hydrocele
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced by arm, due to 2 vessel cord

Forum Name: Aussienic
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 22nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 9oz Length - 49cm Head Circ -
    Baby's Name: Jacob Riley
    Baby's Website: na
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: A very healthy bub.. Still breastfeeding and growing beautifully. He was born via C/s at 38 weeks due to GD and me having a large baby previously. He was in SCN for 4 days due to low blood sugars and Jaundice

Forum Name: Wheatie (Soph)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucie Maria
    Baby's Website: Not yet!
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Was induced due to high BP. Lucie went back into hospital less than 24 hours after coming home as she wasn't feeding - turns out she was jaundiced and needed some tanning time! Mum now expressing and bottlefeeding as confidence was seriously dented!!!

Forum Name: B456
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 24/8/05
    Baby's Stats: 3230 grams, 51cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Silent reflux
    Notes: Born by c-section under a general anasethic (epidural did not work). I had preeclampsia - C/s was elective. She is bottle fed and is 'hyper alert'.

Forum Name: iluvella
    State:NSW
    Baby's DOB:24.8.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2.170kg (4 pound 12), 44.5cm, 31cm
    Baby's Name: Ella Hollie
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: is currently having major allergic reactions to all dairy - rashes, swelling of eyes and throat, blistering
    Notes: Ella was born premmie at 34 weeks due to a severe placenta abruption. Delivered through emergency c/s. Spent only 3 weeks in NICU and apart from recent food allergies has been developing really well and reaching all the correct milestones!
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Forum Name: Janene_87
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 26.08.2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3925g or 8lb 90z Length - 53cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Hannah Paige
    Baby's Website: www.babyhomepages.net/mybabyhannah/
    Health Concerns: Mild Excema
    Notes: Happy, Healthy little girl.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: kitten2b
    Baby's DOB: 27th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Maria Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) 5 weeks 4 days early.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3.5weeks in newborn care.

Forum name: Bec77
    Baby's DOB: 27 August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight: 1796g / 3lb15oz - Length: 46cm - Head Circ: 31.7cm
    Baby's Name: Joshua Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuamichael
    Health Concerns: Nil
    Notes: Joshua was born @ 32+4. He spent 4 weeks in special care but is fine now!

Forum Name: Mummy2Kaitlyn ( Cass)
    State: Sydney
    Baby's DOB: 29th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - Weight 4.154Kg/9pound 2Oz , 52Cms long
    Baby's Name:Kaitlyn Ava
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Suffering from the "flat head Syndrome" that seems to have come about due to the SIDS sleep on the back recommendation. We just narrowly avoided having to be fitted with a helmet to correct it last week ...phew ...always get a second opinion!. Other then that she is a healthy little bubs!
    Notes: 26.5 Hour labour ....lonnnggg, she was a very big bubs so took a little while to make her way out!. And when she arrived she looked like a little Budda with her fat rolls. SOOO cute!.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found HERE.

Hi Girls ,

sorry I have been a stranger still! We have been so busy here ..with us all still sick and Kaitlyn just starting her second round of Antibiotics plus me starting back at work it has been CRAZY!

Rats are still here . Had a HUGE fit with the Real Estate agent last week when she basically told us that there had not been any animals here before we came and that we would just have to live with it or move out as they would not pay a professional to get rid of them!!!!!!!!!!!. So DH told them we would be taking them to the rental tribunal ..he spent the day drafting the letter and getting an emergancy hearing ..he told the agent as he was also an agent she had picked the wrong person to try and screw over. Needless to say at 545pm that night ( Friday ...when they are normally LONG gone by that time) she called us and said we would have an exterminator at our house 9am sat morning. He just told her she had saved herself alot of trouble and money and to expect an official letter of complaint. She also told DH that her friends had lived here before us and the house was given to us clean ...he told her that the house was left in disgusting condition ( which is was ) and that her friends were obviously PIGS hahaha. ANyway ....rats are dieing I think ...we hear them thumbing around and dragging the bait through the roof . Honestly what a nightmare!.Oh yeah ...she also told us " when they die they will die in the walls and they will smell ...so deal with it ". I honestly dont know how these people keep their jobs!.

Kaitlyn is crusing around on furniture now ..brushing her hair when you tell her to , eating like crazy as usual!. She seems to be kinda going ok at childcare and was happy when I went to pick her up on Friday.

Oh dear ..the miss is up ..she is so congested she just cant sleep.

Promise I will try and jump on when I get to work and do some personals :-)

Cass

Wow Cass you have had so much trouble with that house. Have the rats gone yet? Good on your DH for pushing the agents 'cos it's shocking that they think they can get away with that. Makes you feel sorry for people that aren't that assertive - they would just get walked all over.

Fletch - Yay for your happy man. I agree - tired baby = lots of crankiness!

Storm - Yeap next month. Arrgghhh! Cute that your DH wants to soak up Zac time on his B'day. Sure it will be fun!Hope you manage to get to the shops today. Sounds like you had so much fun yesterday.

Rae - So glad you have sorted stuff out with your sister. I hate fighting!

Lucie has just pulled the contents of the book shelf all over the lounge room floor. Mmmmm think we are going to have to rethink that one. She totally loves books now even more that we have started reading as part of our bedtime routine. She can occupy herself on the floor with a book for ages. Still snotty and coughing like a seal but hopefully on the mend. Oh and I got my tax return money today - yay, I'm rich! Ahhhh it all goes very very quickly on bills though, but nice sense of satisfaction to pay them off. And now I can finally go and buy my double phil and teds pram. Might go and call them now to make sure they have one for me.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Hi Cass - so good to hear from u again OMG about the agents and the rats - what bastards!!!!!!!!! Good on ur DH! Glad Kaitlyn is going well at daycare too.

Soph - woo hoo on ur tax return money...can't wait to get ours - but it's just gonna go into the reno's. We might splash out and buy a super coffee machine (DH is desperate for one right now...and i'm certainly not gonna complain!) - but we'll see. Got a big month for b'days -MIL's 50th, my sister's 21st and Ella's 1st..so heaps of $$$ gone!

Fletch - yeah...i'm not supposed to be announcing the TTC thing as Paul likes to remain a litle private about these things but i'm too excited..and u guys don't count - hehehehe. So yeah at this point we're thinking that this might be the month to begin. Thought AF arrived yesterday but has stopped for some strange reason - ggrrrr...just when i was happy about it. Maybe it'll come back tomorrow???? For once i actually want to get AF so that it can hurry up and be fertile time!!!!!!!!! Oh well - have to be patient. Yeah get Scott into gear too...and we've got to convince Andy as well - how fun if we could all be preggas together

Well have a nice day ladies - i'll prob chat again later

Love tax time to Soph.....DH spends HEAPS on work expenses and I used to so we usually get a HUGE tax return. Not sure what it will be this year as I did not work ...wait and see................

Rae yay on the TTC! I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want to again but we really want to buy a place first as we dont want to go back to our unit and we dont want to keep renting ( not after this experiance anyway!). I am really missing the East so I am getting a little more ok with a townhouse if we decide to move back "home" and not stay out in the HIlls. Just so hard for DH to commute to Bondi 6days a week ( Although he is trying to work from home two days).

Well just finished a big report ...phew...so far so good.

Did not hear the rats last night so fingers crossed they are dead. However one of my cats started scratching on Kaitlyns door to wake her at 430am this morning....arghhh then she wakes and he wants to be fed...mmmmmm.

Hope you are all having a lovely day!

Cass

Rae - That's what happened with my AF the month we conceived this bub, I thought I had AF (more like spotting) and then it went away. A pg test a few days later and well now there's a big bump! So maybe you already are?????

Cass - The townhouse thing is ok - that's what we bought here. Couldn't afford a house with a yard but for the moment it's pretty ideal. No renos and nothing to do, and the courtyard is all enclosed - at the moment the back door is open and Lucie is going in and out and playing by herself (it's amazing how the peg basket can entertain for hours!)

Muffet had an ok lunch - 4 meat and veg balls and a quarter piece cheese on toast and a strawberry. Yay!

Yeah I am thinking a townhouse is a nice idea as well....less maintenance as well.

Well just about to run off and post a pressie to a friends little boy in Melbourne....it is HUGE so I am wondering how much the postage is going to cost. They are up here in a month but it is not the same as receiving a pressie on your Bday so I will send it anyway.

cass

Geez i hope i'm not already preg cause i've been drinking soooo much wine lately as DH got a special and we've been a glass or more of wine everyday!!!!
    We've been really careful so we shouldn't be preg but u never know. Man now i'm gonna stress...had planned to quit all drinking when AF arrived - never wanted that stress that the alcohol could affect bubs. Please come AF - please!!!!!!!!!!

Oh sorry Rae - I didn't mean to stress you out! AF will come, don't worry. And even if you are pg, a couple of wines won't matter too much. I had a few drinks too before I found out I was pg with this one.

Cass - Yeap after renovating an old Queenslander I can say that no maintenance is a big plus. We have so much more time together now. And we don't even have to mow the lawns or do any gardening - all done by the body corporate! Hope the postage wasn't too much.

Well Lucie suprised me today - I was having some yoghurt and she starting scoffing it from my spoon! She's been totally anti-spoon for over a week now. Fingers crossed......

Soph - i hope ur right!!!

Great to hear that Lucie was scoffing the yoghurt - maybe the spoon relationship is back on track

Ha Rae I can only hope with the spoon - probably won't happen though! Been racking my brain for finger food ideas. Tonight she's got home made nuggets (making chicken schnitzels for us, so doing mini ones as nuggets for her) and peas which she has a fascination with, and probably some pasta shells. It's tough though!

Oh hi Fletch! Hope you feel better soon.

Lucie is cutting tooth #10 too I think - wow they certainly have come through quickly, early June she only had 2 still!

Happy Birthday Zac!!!! Have an awesome day with your family

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZAC,
    I hope you have a very Happy 1st Birthday!!!!

Birthday kisses from Indah!

ZAC!!!!!

Hope u and all your family had an awesome day together and lots of fun and smiles!!!

Jack sends huge hugs your way matey!!!

And huge hugs to you Storm too.....

Be back soon to chat to everyone, gotta get Jack some more brekky cause he's a hungry man today!! And I've got 3 dogs to clip soon too!!! Busy busy busy....

Zaccie says THANK YOU!! wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! he's 1. Well not officially til 5pm!! hehehe

I always said that when my little guy turns 1 I will get a PG ticker, boo!!

( thanks Alex, I think I need all the hugs I can get, it's soooooooo depressing!)

Congratulations Zac! (and happy labour day Mum!)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast