Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #2

Aww Louise...grr at that lady for shouting at you. I tell you some people just get so darn rude at this time....i know its busy and all that but everyone is busy..geesh. I had an interesting arvo shopping today. I had $250 dollars worth of clothes that i was using target vouchers for..I think i had the stupidest lady ever on the checkout i went through and she started charging me for the clothes and tried to recharge me for the $250 worth of vouchers..silly woman..so supervisors came to sort it out...and they tried to charge me an extra $100..im like...mmm....nah..i can count and its not that much..so they checked it and i was right....so 40 minutes later i left the checkout with an incredibly upset Sammy who was hungry by this time and 3 very irritable girls who just wanted to leave with their new clothes..oh well....all done now.

Im glad that Maria wasnt too upset by her shots on tuesday..and your chrissy cards just sound gorgeous! Im like you..send photos of the kids to everyone...lol....im sure people go oh dear more photos hehe.

Well im up late..waiting for darling DH to arrive home from work...weve both been hanging out for this 4 day break....whoohooo.

Talk soon

Jo

Heeeeeeellllllo all you lovely ladies! First time i've been on a pc for weeks! Having an awesome holiday. Feeling relaxed and having fun. I've even started to relax a bit on Lucie's feeding front. She seems to manage about 100-120ml/kg at the moment and is much happier in cooler weather (have been in Geelong, Apollo Bay and now in Tassie). She is now 4 months, 6kg, rolling from tum to back, and i think she is teething - joy!

So what' been going on?

Jo - how is Sammy darling?

Storm - yay for rolling!

Louise - Maria sounds like she loved the beach!

Mel - hope your SIL and the girls are ok

Hey Fletch - did Zane have a great Christmas?

Kirsty - How is Gem? Still stinking hot up there? I'm not missing it I tell ya!

Ok hi everyone else. Will write more tomorrow. Am sooooooooooooo tired........

Hiya ladies

Soph nice to see you have had a fantastic time...whooo hooo for Luc feeding so well too..6kg is a nice weight..sounds like shes doing marvelously.

Weve had a hectic few days...im soooo tired at the moment..but the kids have all been spoilt rotten which is just wonderful. Ive just been rearranging their rooms trying to find homes for all of their new things.

Sammys had so much fun eating lots of paper and being so cute. The one toy that seems to have really grabbed his attention is his Shout Elmo that does the whole shout dance..its so cute and Sammy just watches it mesmorised before doing a full on lunge to try and eat it!!!

Well just gonna check out the other forums before i stumble off to bed..hope you all have had a very special first Christmas with all of your darling bubbas.

Jo

Jo

*Yvette* Guest

Hi gang,

Jo, be very careful setting up the basketball hoop. There've been accidents where they've been attached to garage doors & the wall's come down. I'm sure you've got it sussed. Your Target saga sounds like one we had last year where we were stuck at the service counter for over an hour with me heavily pregnant with Angus, while a major bungle was fixed up on our docket.

Storm (Jo) I was wondering what hydrocele is too, & will Zac need any treatment for the heart murmer? Yay for Zac rolling over. Lauren has just started rolling over too, so now we're really in trouble, lol. They're getting all tangled up with each other in the cot. Mean old mummy & daddy haven't given them one each yet (there's not enough space in our room).

Hi Fletch. Will have to stick my nose in the July born thread too. Hope things are good with Zane.

Hi Louise. How lovely to have taken Maria to the beach. I must get out more. The woman at the shops sounds awful. People get so stressed out leading up to Christmas. Your cards sound lovely, I must do something like that next year.

Melody, ooh, your SIL had twins girls, woo hoo. Hope they are doing Ok, it's scary when they're little. Mine were 38 weeks & Lauren still needed feeding with a syringe the first week, quite nerve wracking. Wow at Hunter teething already. My kids start much later (well so far, lol).

Sophie!! Sounds like Lucie's doing great. Lucky you going on holiday.

Well we're all still in one piece after a lovely Christmas. Still eating leftovers. Not enjoying this heat at all!

Asha & Lauren were weighed on 23rd, um, have to look it up

Ok, Asha is 5480, has put on 220 g in 3 weeks, and Lauren is 4800 & has put on 230. Not a huge gain but they're doing fine, both rolling over now & vocalising & following noises & all the stuff they're supposed to be doing.

This time has gone so fast. My little tiny babies are laughing at us now & kicking toys & stuff.

They were sleeping through the night, but haven't the last couple of weeks. Growth spurt I suppose, & the heat.

Got some lovely champagne for Christmas, but might just open the cheap one tomorrow night if DH isn't going to have any. He has an infected lump on his side atm & taking anti-biotics.

Hello ladies

Yvette..glad you had a nice Christmas...gotta love those leftovers eh....ive just cleaned out our fridge this morning...lol. The girls both sound like they are doing well. Sammy slowed down in his weight gain too so it seems to be pretty normal once theyve stacked it on in the first couple of months. Hope your DH feels better soon..no doubt antibiotics will clear it up in no time...enjoy that champagne wont you.

Thanks for your tip re the basketball hoop. Ive heard lots of horror stories too..ours is free standing though..and the kids are under strict instructions to not attempt anything even remotely silly...lol.

Well with the exception of Olivia and I..my family is a spotty one. Darren broke out the other day in chicken pox after Jessie and Emmy did on Chrissy day...my poor darlings..even Sammy has little ones on his face..thankfully it seems to be a very mild dose..fingers crossed anyway. Its the ****tiest timing ever...Darren has had to cancel $1500 worth of work this weekend..and at this rate it might be the same for next weekend as well...luckily his hes got sick pay for his day job....grrr.... It might put our holiday plans on hold a bit...we were due to leave on the 15th for two weeks up north to kalbarri....good news is he gets to celebrate New years with us for the first time in a long time..he normally works.

Well..gotta go peruse the forums while darling boy is sleeping..

talk soon

Jo

*Yvette* Guest

Oh dear Jo, hope your bloke doesn't end up with shingles or something. Chicken pox can be nasty in adults. I remember my Dad got them when my little brother did, & had them down his throat & everything & needed pills to dry out his lungs. I'm sure you're taking good care of him. What does he do that he normally works new years?

My bubs are asleep & have just had Angus in a cool bath to cool/calm him down. He was hysterical, but playing in the cool water has done the trick for now. Cooled myself off a bit too.

Er, bubs were asleep, I thinks I hears them...

Sure is quiet in here...

Yvette Darren is a DJ so works stupid hours after normal hours....hense the working new years...well...cept for this one!

Sammy has now got about 20 spots on his little face..poor little darling. Grrr at this yucky virus!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening tonight and welcomes the New Year in with a bang. The girls are all so excited....they have their sparklers all ready...and we have loaded the caravan all up..we are sleeping at my mums..we have a party happening there...so it should be fun.

Happy New year ladies :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

Hi

Hope everyone had a lovely new years. Angelo, Maria and I got home from holidays last night, I am very happy to be home 2 weeks is a long time to be away even if you are at your parents/inlaws.

I am glad we didn't come home on the Sunday though as it was so hot.

Hope everyone is well and comes back to the forum soon

Louise

Hi Louise...glad to hear you had a lovely break though its nice that you are back home again. I love going away but it makes going home that bit more special. I think you appreciate your own space that bit more.

Jo

Hi

Jo - I definitely love my own space, thus it is great being home, even Maria sighed when I put her into her cot.

I bought Maria her first grobag today, she is such a hudini when it comes to her wraps and wakes up crying because she is cold. Also I have finally got the 2 days child care that I needed so that I can go back to work for 2 days/week, now I just need work to finalise the agreement.

Hiya ladies....or should i say lady...lol..Louise....its so quiet.

Its great you got the two days child care that you wanted....when are you planning on going back to work? I have to think of leaving Sammy at some point..im such a wuss...i have left him for 10 mins with Darren and thats it lol..Naturally id leave him with Darren but we are normally out together. .My mum is fantastic..i just havent wanted or had the need to leave him yet. I guess i will sometime.

Hello to all yall...cmon talk sometimes

Jo

Hi Jo

I have been brave in the past, we left Maria with an Aunty and friend for a christmas party, and with both sets of grandparents on different occasions, I just haven't left her with a unknown babysitter as such yet. Now that I have the childcare places I am scared of leaving her 8-[ 8-[

Thinking of going back to work mid February

Aww Louise...i can imagine itd be hard for you ..especially the first time. Daycares are great now though and i bet she will love all of that stimulation..and 2 days a week ...thats great.

Jo

the stimulation etc will be great for her, I know that, but babies are so much of a treasure that it is hard to put the trust in someone else.

I know exactly what you mean.

Jo

Melody Guest

Funny.... this very issue keeps coming up for me as well.

I often have the comment "Well, you know I am there & more than willing to take Hunter" (meaning: I REALLY want to take Hunetr & dont understand why you haven't asked me to babysit yet) but at this early stage of his life there literally is nothing as important for me as being with him.

I am sure a few months down the track I will have occasion to go out for a day or maybe escape for a long lunch with a girlfriend but right now all that can wait.

my husband says the time in childcare will only be 9% of my time with Maria in a week.
    looking at it that way it is ok,
    i just hate thinking that she will do things first for others.

Im the same Mel....i cherish every moment..and ive come to realise with the girls just how fast the time goes by. Every time someone asks me if hes a "good baby" :shock: :shock: :shock: (never know what that means!!!) and if hes sleeping through the night..i have to say well no he doesnt..and thats perfectly fine with me...he wont be doing that forever.

Louise I guess thats a good way of looking at it...and no doubt the most precious moments you will always be there.

Sammy is doing the most funny noises now..he keeps repeating them over and over again..he loves the sounds he makes..its so cute. The girls keep taking turns in clapping and extending out their arms saying up up...and he will either delight them and lean towards them or turn away so that they have to try again..its really lovely to watch.

We had a sleep over last night so the chilluns are all still sleeping and its past 10:30 :sleeping: cant complain!!!

Talk soon ladies

Jo

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast