Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #2

Ellibam Guest

Congrats soph! well done

hope everyone is well

Hi Everyone. Back from Riverton - I ran away! No it's a fantastic place I am just feeling blurgh and with all thepacking to do it just isn't the right time. Plus everyone else was there primarily for sleeping issues and cosequently I didn't sleep a wink with all the screaming babies! Ironically Lucie had the worse night ever last night at home (we left there about 6ish). I did learn some really good things though which I am determined to put into practise.

Anyway thanks everyone for the congrats. I promise I'll catch up with you all, it's just a manic time at the moment!

Hi everyone,

Had a good day for most of today - Maria now laughs when I go peekaboo at her and smiles when I sing to her (and I have the worst voice in the world), she also makes sounds when I sing as if she is joining in.

On the bad side I had a minor car accident today at the shopping centre. I reversed into a van that was also reversing. Neither of us saw each other, not that much damage, just annoying.

Aww Louise so sorry to hear about your crash..how bloody frustrating..glad you are ok though. Arent the giggles just divine..i love them. Sammy laughs and we laugh too...its just so infectious!!!

Soph..lol at running away. Glad you were able to learn a few new things though..hopefully they will help to make life easier.

Well we are off down south leaving first thing tomorrow morning. The van is relatively packed lol..im sure i will forget something..ive taken so many clothes to cater for all weather so hopefully we should be ok...i will chat to you all next weekend.

Jo

Hi Gals

Just popping in to say hi!!

Haven't had a chance to read much of what you have said - but have read that Soph is pregnant (Congratulations!!) and that Jo is off down south. Hey Jo, hope you don't float away lol!! Hope the weather is ok for you.

We are all doing really well - Zahra is now on solids and LURVES it!! Real gutso on the ole banana, pear, and as of tonight, carrot/potato/broccoli!!

She is being really cute and love to do blowies on my should and injuns! (ie hand over her mouth, she says "ahhhhhhh" and you move your hand back and forth etc etc)

Growing up way too fast!

Anyway, must be off.

Will try to get on the puter a bit more often.....the will is there, the way is not!

Seeya

Hi all, it's kina great to be home!

Congrats to Soph!!!! what a shocka.
    Just popping in to let you all know we're home, had a wonderful time,And zac started solids, he makes the cutest sounds when the spoon goes in his mouth, in the last 2 weeks he has even began to recognise his bowl & spoon & has tanties til it's in his mouth!! cute, cute, cute.

Well, must go & unpack. catch up soon

Hi Everyone
    I've been a slacker - sorry! But we are moving Wednesday and trying to finish off the house and pack and look after Lucie and it is sooooo hectic. Oh and it's stinking hot too with no air con. Ok enough of feeling sorry for myself!

Storm - Yay for Zac on solids! Hope you got all unpacked ok.

Kelli - Yay for Zahra on solids too. Wow our bubs are growing up!

Jo - Yeap I learnt alot about putting them to sleep, not rocking them to sleep etc which has made my life easier. I only wish someone had told me when she was born that doing all that stuff would make my life hard! Hope you are having fun down south.

Louise - Hope you are ok after your accident. Glad it was only minor, still very annoying though. Maria sounds adorable.

Kirsty - How ya going matey? Meant to ask you if Gemma has picked up on the milk side of things at all? So many people have told me to stop stressing cos Lucie is still on her growth chart so is obviously just a small eater. Trying hard, but stress is part of the job I say! Hope everything goes ok for you next week when you go back to work. Don't worry, you'll be on mat leave again before you know it \/

Why is it that when I get back, it all goes quiet?

I have a question.................
    When do you turn baby's car seat around?
    I think it's around 6 months or 9 kg, but not sure.

Another question...................
    Since my m/c my cervix is always hso ,( prob not the best place to ask this one, sorry.) does it take a while for things to settle?

Goodluck moving tomorrow Soph hope it all goes smooth for you, don't work too hard & take lots of breaks.

Hey Storm

Our car seat says 8kg for turn around weight.

Still got a fair time with Zahra rear facing - she is around 6 - 7kg or so atm (I think!).

Wow go beefy Zane =D> , he certainly is growing up!

Thanks for the wishes Storm. Not sure about the cervix position sorry, but it kinda makes sense I guess.

Ok guys, won't be here for a while until we get the computer and net access (?????) in Lismore. Chat soon.........

*Yvette* Guest

Jo had any of your lot had chickenpox before? What do you reckon about the new vaccination? I haven’t asked our doctor about it yet. Lola & Ruth have had chicken pox, & I had it twice as a kid. “is he a good baby?” What a strange question, how can a baby not be good, lol. Yes it’s lovely when they start making little noises. Asha and Lauren are starting to get quite chatty now too. A snake?!! Eek!

Hi Louise. I’m looking forward to using sleeping bags for the twins when it gets cold enough, I was always up and down tucking Angus in. Great about the childcare. I’ve always found childcare really good & the kids were happy. Chat to the staff, you’ll feel better when you get to know them.

Hi Melody. I can understand how you feel about not wanting to leave Hunter at the moment.

I love a bit of a break from the kids. I’ve used full time and part time childcare on and off, because I’ve had to work, and I was fine with it, I just found it very hard work doing one full time job and coming home to another one. Being home with them full time I seem to have just as much guilt. I know I take my kids for granted and don’t cherish the time with them as much as I should. I do enjoy them though, I just don’t really enjoy sitting down and playing with them as much as I’d like to, I’m not very patient. I will give them all time, and have always read them books and taken them out and sat down and played etc, but it doesn’t come easily to me, and when they were in childcare I would often think ‘thank goodness they’re getting to play outside and paint and do all those activities I’d never get around to much.’ At the moment I wouldn’t mind a half day or a day a week just for a bit of a break, but Lindsay has had the 3 littlies for a few hours while I went out for lunch, and Mum & Nadia have each had them for an evening or two so we could go to school & ballet concerts.

Hi Soph, congratulations, just quietly, lol. Oh, honey you must get a dryer!!! Hope the move goes smoothly for you.

Hi Tracey (Barley).

Welcome 3angels.

Hi Kirsty. I’m very jealous of Gemma sleeping through, hope mine do again soon, zzzzzzzzzz

Hi Fletch, great to hear Zane’s doing so well, coz I haven’t made it to the July thread yet, lol. He’s gorgeous.

Hi Kate! Hi Shannon! Hi Divvy! Hi Ellissa!

Hi Kelli. Solids? Wow, time flies so fast!

Hi Storm! Solids-you too?! Wow, Zac sounds soo cute. I think all the car seats might be a bit different but I think it’s roughly 8kg, better read what yours says. So sorry about your m/c. What’s hso?

Well, the big news here is we got the DNA results and Asha and Lauren are identical genetically, so we’re happy not to have to keep wondering as they still look quite different. Now that I know for sure of course I can see it

They’re feeding 2 or 3 times each overnight again though, since before Christmas. They had been sleeping through for a while, but not any more. Oh well, I suppose they need it.

hi everyone

well I am a touch tired. Maria woke at 3.30am and didn't go back to sleep until 8am, in that time she decided she needed 2 feeds and a massive poo. (sorry tmi).

howis everyone going? It is very quiet in here.

Hello ladies...we are finally back. We have had a gorgeous time away..the kids all had a ball and gorgeous boy was a little star. Ive tried to read a bit but its late so my eyes are starting to get glazy..will catch up in the morning.

Jo

welcome back Jo

Thanks Louise...how are you guys going. Its so quiet in here isnt it...even in the july thread i had a squiz and its on the quiet side..no doubt cos everyones enjoying the summertime with their bubbas.

Sammy has started on solids now..hes such a clever lil pumpkin. He has rice cereal in the morning and has had pumpkin and apple. He pulls the funniest faces with the first taste..its hilarious!!! He tries to grab whatever we have in our hands ..he really seems to enjoy food...oh cept he had a taste of watermelon cos i had some and he cried..poor bubba..it might have been too cold for him.

Sammy is trying to sit by himself now too...he can sit unaided and puts his hands down to stop himself from falling frontwards but sideways is another matter lol so still does a tumble. He loves standing and bouncing too..he has strong little fat legs lol

Well the kids start school next week. The holidays have flown by. We have my SIL and her three boys coming to stay tomorrow for a few days...yipee for Australia day..i can be with my darling husband.

Enjoy your day with your families tomorrow girls

Jo

Hi Jo

Great news about the solids and Sammy sitting. Maria is getting interested in what I am putting in my mouth but I am holding of until the 6 month mark if I can (on Paed advice). She cannot sit unaided yet but has started looking at her feet as a new toy.

Hope you are having fun with your family, and enjoy the quiet when all the older kids go back to school next week.

Wow it is sooooo quiet in here!

Am now in Lismore and literally just got the net connected - so look out I am now back with avengance!

Hi Kate - How is the TTC going? Feeling ok, still can't quite believe I am pg. Have my first docs appt next week so hopefully will have a scan shortly to just make sure all is on track.

Jo - Yay for Sammy on solids. I've been giving Lucie rice cereal after 6pm feed, but today was the first day I actually only mixed it with water instead of formula and she seemed to like it a little better. Tried sweet potato last night but think I needed it slightly runnier cos the poor might power spewed! How is your beautiful boy?

Louise - Hope Maria is sleeping better for you.

Ok will go and catch up on bits and pieces. Back later...let's get posting girls!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast