Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #2

Wow Soph a tooth ...That is nice and early!. Kaitlyn does not seem to be anywhere near getting her first tooth ..although I guess they can pop up quick so it could be just around the corner.

Wow Jo ....Sammy was a big baby as well!. They are so cute all roly poly arnt they!. Kaitlyn never even fit into 0000 clothes ...and now she is in 0 already!.

Go Louise and Barley on expressing...I tried that in the begining and was not able to manage it..so I think it is wonderful when it works for someone.

Gave Kaitlyn pumpkin again today . She does not love it but she does not hate it so that is good. She is so interested in what I eat , but does not seem to want her own. I was eating a peach on Sunday and she wanted it so much I let her have a little nibble on it ..she LOVED it!.

Girls ...I think I am developing a little bit of a bad habit with Kaitlyn...but I LOVE IT!. She is not a very good sleeper during the day ..always been a catnapper, but if she does not have 2hours in the afternoon she fades before her 730pm bedtime .So when she wakes up after 45mins I have been pulling her out of her cot and cuddling with her on the lounge so she sleeps another hour....bad I know...but I love the time with her (plus I watch bold and the beautiful hehe). Anyway just thought I better fess up!

Wow ..big post ...I am a talker ..hope you dont all get sick of me

Cass

Cass we love all the talking here, it's been a bit quiet for a while! Wow Kaitlyn is sooooo big! Lucie still fits into 000! Although I find all the sizes are different, and she does wear a few 0's (they are big though).

Re the sleeping - I wish someone had told me at day 1 not to rock Lucie to sleep or let her sleep on my chest. It took a while, but now she's kinda ok at getting to sleep herself in her cot, although I do hold her hand must of the time until she falls asleep, but it's cute too! And lately when it has been really hot, Lucie sleeps on our bed (surrounded by pillows) 'cos the aircon doesn't get into her room. Sometimes I have a sleep with her which is lovely. Whatever works I say!

Well Maria has gone to childcare and I'm the upset one. She just laughed and smiled as I handed her over to the lovely carer. I start work again next week (2 days), thus this week is a trial with me at home to see how she and I goes + plus I have a wedding cake to make this week.

Aaaaw Louise...thinking of you today sweets...I betcha gorgeous little Maria has a great time. Wow at making a wedding cake you clever thing..geesh..my family is lucky to get dinner every night! Its great the expressing is working for you too..well done..you must be so pleased.

Cass..so nice to have you in here. Yes I gotta love the big bubbies...lol. We always get..hes how old??LOL..though I must admit he has slowed down alot..though he still mainly wears 0s..some 00s though. I find that Sammy is more interested in what I am eating too..its like..no not mushy baby food..give me the big boy stuff lol..its very cute. Geesh isnt pumpkin so messy! I do the same things with Sammy too with sleeping every now and then. He just loves cuddling up and yesterday arvo had gone to sleep and woke up to feed and we both fell asleep together on the couch while he was feeding. I woke up in a panic thinking omg i have fallen asleep and have to pick the kids up from school..but it was only early lol.

Soph it is funny isnt it. Sammy with tummy time ever since he was 8 weeks old would either scream or fall asleep lol. He just loves sleeping on his tummy. He doesnt really associate laying on his back with sleeping at all anymore. Oh Lucie is a clever lil thing..ouchies at the tooth. Sam has a raised gum and is dribbling so much so I dont think a tooth is too far away on his bottom gum..that will be fun for me lol..bities!!! Hope Lucie feeds better today..poor bubby.

Well it was so hot yesterday. I took the kids swimming after school..and kept Sammy cool with baths during the day..which he just loves. We took dinner down to the beach last night. Sammy just loves the sand..he squelches his little feet into it and stares with amazement at all the seagulls swarming around. Oh...we got a little kitten on the weekend. Its from an abadoned mummy cat..poor thing..so was a RSPCA case...the girls named him Tommy..hes so cute.

Well..i have a tonne of groceries to buy as soon as lil fella wakes from his morning nap..have a nice day girls

Jo

Hi Girls ,

I am back on ...I am seriously addicted to this site!!!! But have to log off shortly as the OC is about to start ..another one of my addictions!

Louise how did Maria go at daycare? I hope she had a nice day and you did not worry to much.

Kaitlyn and I had such a lovely day today.We had our first Gymbaroo class. It was so much fun , we sang and played on all these different things like a trampoline , slide and a swing !. Kaitlyn had a ball..If anyone has these sort of organised play club type things in there area I strongly recommend it. Kaitlyn and I both came home and had a 2hour nap ...not sure who was more tired :sleeping:

We also had our third night of pumpkin and I think she has got the gist of what to do now . She actually opened her mouth and chomped down on the spoon....my pumpkin likes pumpkin !.

A little question for you all . Kaitlyn seems to have developed a rash on her back and shoulders and on the back of one leg. I took her to the Dr today and he said it was just from moisture(sweat) and to put sorbolene on it . I thought it may have been a food allergy. I am just worried as it looks sore although it does not seem to bother her . Have any of your little ones every had something like this?. ...sorry should tell you it is red , lots of small dots and then some patches of dots and they are all risen and look dry but arnt.

Sorry have to add ...Jo I think it is great you got a kitten from the RSPCA. We have two cats ..one was found on the back of a boat in a backyard at only 3 weeks!....Kaitlyn just loves them ....loves to try and get their tales.

Cass

Hi Cass

Maria had a good day at childcare, certainly slept well so far tonight. I was able to get my hair cut and make all the cakes for the wedding on Friday, now just to ice them tomorrow.

Hope the rash settles down and goes away.

No posts here for a while - sorry I am partly to blame!

Louise - Well done on the child care, sounds like it is going well.

Cass - Gymbaroosounds like so much fun! How is the rash?

Jo - Oh how cute, I love cats! How is the kitten around Sammy, or does Sammy try and grab the poor thing all the time?

Well I tried squash last night and Lucie wasn't overly impressed. Think I will mix it with pumpkin or someyjing, it is actually quite a strong taste. I gave Lucie some tinned pumpkin and corn the other day when we travelled back to Brisbane and she liked it. Can you puree your own sweet corn though??????

Anyway I can smell a poopa............

Hello lovely ladies

Cass I hope Kaitlyns rash is clearing up and that you got some answers as to what it might be. I guess it makes sense that it might be sweat rash....though i can definately understand why you would think it might be a reaction to food. I havent had anything like that with Sammy as yet..no doubt I will though. We havent had really really hot weather...its been relatively mild here..no doubt i will jinx myself now and get some scorchers! Lol at Kaitlyn trying to get your pussycats tails! Your gymbaroo classes sound like great fun...we dont have one running here..we do have toddler gym though which i will take Sammy to at 18 months.

Louise thats so great that Maria was fine at daycare. Bet you feel like a new woman with a haircut. How is the cake making going..or is it all finished now..mmm.....which friday was it for
    :-k

Hiya Soph..how are you sweets...the dreaded ms leaving you alone?? Lol at poor lil Lucie not liking squash..i havent pureed my own sweet corn..so couldnt tell you..im sure someone will though. Sammy loves apple and mango at the moment. Its funny what they seeem to like isnt it. Sammy is really interested in the kitten. We say oh its puss puss puss puss..and hes starting to look around. He isnt really grabbing it just yet..though i think when he starts crawling tommy will have to look out. Right now..tommy kitten is very active and when Sammy is on the ground tries to nibble at his feet..lol..no doubt Sammy will pay him back..hehe.

Well we had our first mumma and bubba singalong nursery rhymes today...it was so much fun. Sammy loved seeing all the babies around him. He was happily smiling at everyone..and enjoyed being one of only two boys in a swarm of little girls. When we got home he fell straight to sleep..its tired him out.

Talk soon ladies

Jo

hi

Jo - the cake is for tomorrow, nearly finished and I will deliver it tomorrow afternoon, after mother's group. - Maria has just gone to sleep in my arms so I will try to get it finished before 6pm. Where do you go for the singing?

The second day at childcare went well, they tried a different bottle (pigeon one I think) and they said she took her ebm better - great when someone else can do the testing for you without you having to buy the bottles first.

Cass - how is the rash going? Did you get anything from the sale?

Soph - hope the morning sickness is getting better.

Hi

thanks for all asking about the rash. It seems to have gone down alot thankfully. I am not bathing her in her johnsons and johnsons at the moment and am making the baths a little cooler. I have also stopped the pumpkin and will try her again on it on Sat maybe. Just eliminating everything ..then introducing it all back in slowly!.

Louise - I popped up there and they did not have the Babylove nappies I use or the Nappy Nanny bin bags! ..bummer!. I did buy a gorgeous soft toy train that has three soft shapes that you can put in the train through matching wholes..very cute!. Did you go up ?.

Soph - I guess the squash is a more bland vege then most. more of a watery nothing taste ..hehe .

Jo - I love how quickly they work out when we are calling the pussycat. Kaitlyn knows one of our cats name more then the other ( I must call his name out more ) so as soon as I call "purrgeot!" she starts looking around in excitment!. Your Sing along sounds like great fun ...sounds a bit like Gymbaroo as we sat around and sang a little as well .

How long after you both started Lucie and Sammy on Solids did you mix two veges? Did you introduce all veges on their own first?....also when did you start them on Fruits?

Today Kaitlyn and I went to the physio who is working on her neck in an attempt to losen it so that she will turn the other way easier and therefore help round out the flat spot on her head. Well we had a trainee in there with us who was doing the neck exercises and I ended up telling her I didnt think they were working and taking Kaitlyn back I was so nervous!. She twisted her neck in such away the senior Physio yelled "stop not that way"...believe me that was enough for me ...my godness this is a babys neck !....anyway had to get that off my chest By the way we are not going back again , I talked to senior Physio and said I would just keep doing things at home ...but not forcing her neck as I dont even trust myself!.

Cass

Cass - hope Kaitlyn is ok after physio, poor poppet. Went to the sale and got the bottles, which DH tried tonight and worked a treat - thanks for the tip. Also bought some socks for my SIL's baby that is due any day now, a rattle and looked at the FP play mat that converts into the tunnel, but didn't buy it yet. Will look at it again with Angelo with me.

Morning everyone!

Cass - I have heard that J&J's stuff can cause rashes. Lucie gets a sweat reash allteh time when it's really hot - around the back of her neck.
    Re the solids, I just mix what I've given her before, although the last few days she hasn't been too keen on solids. I actually tried her with a can of chicken and corn last night with limited success. Might go the fruit for a while. She loves mango, so I might mix it with a bit of rice cereal. But I thought you were meant to do vegies before fruit??????

How is Kaitlyn going with her milk now? Lucie is still only doing about 700ml a day, but only 4 bottles now, so same amount as on 5, just more each feed which is easier for me!

Louise - Clever thing with the cake making. What sort of cakes? Traditional wedding stuff?

Jo - Oh the classes sound like so much fun! Would be good to learn a few new songs to sing to Lucie. I have forgotten them all. Sammy sounds just sooooo adorable.

Well ladies last night Lucie crawled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it, my little pocket rocket is definately on the move.

Just locking this thread girls

Love

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567