Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #3

STorm - Wow - 420ml, Maria is lucky to drink 160ml in a bottle (EBM), but I think she must get more from the breast.

Cass - hope the rash goes away, my SIL uses Beauty and the Bees products for my niece's rashes, talk to you tomorrow.

I have survived my first week at work (just 2 days) and I have to do another 8 hours before Monday. My work is great 2 days in the office, 1 day at home and do the 8 hours wheneer I want as long as I get the work done. Maria has settled n to childcare better than I could have imagined, but yesterday she did a "power poo" and needed a full bath (better there than at home) - I did warn them of Maria's tendencies re dirty nappies, now they know and agree with me.

Oh Storm that is so fantastic. Yippeee for Zac getting the all clear. I bet you must feel so relieved. I hope hes feeling better after his sleep and its not that hes coming down with something. Its awful when bubbas are sick..it makes you feel so helpless to be unable to help them. What a big feed..lol...bet hes growing cms as we type! I know what you mean about getting the kids to school and appts...i just feel bad when hes sleeping like an angel and even if i move him gently hes wide awake..at least he always wakes up happy!

Soph Lucie is 7kg so sounds like shes doing just fine. You are doing a wonderful job...I know worrying is just part of the mothering role..i am the samel. Sending eating vibes Lucie's way!

Louise well done at getting through the first week. WTG! Ewwwww at the power poo....gotta love those eh!

Well we have had our morning group meet up. Sammy has two little boys in his group that are 6 months. They all sit and look at each other and try to touch each other or steal each others toys..its very very cute. One of the bubbies started crying and Sammy looked so distressed. He looked to find me and then was ok...poor lil fella. Hes gone straight to sleep again. His little outings leave him feeling so knackered.

Well gonna go and mow the lawn while lil fella is sleeping..talk soon.

Jo

GeorgieK Guest

Im still catching up everyone's goings-on in this thread.....

Soph, Im sending good thoughts to you and Lucie, and hope the feeding troubles pass soon. We've had a bit of a breast refusla thing going on (tied up with increased efficiency, teething and tummy troubles, I think), which alos coincided with DH being os for the week, so my heart goes out to you. At one stage I had to leave James screaming on his rug while I stood sobbing in the kitchen desparately trying to express some bm for him (got about 20 mls and he wouldnt drink it anyway!!)....we were both so frustrated it was just awful. But we are on the upward slope now, so Im confident you will be soon too - hang in there.

Good on you Louise, surviving your first week back at work. Gotta be happy that childcare is going well, I couldnt imagine how awful it would be if bubs hated it and you have to just walk away....and it feels so sweet when someone else cops the power poo!

Jo, you are my hero for today, getting out to mow the lawn while Sammy's asleep! A load of washing is about all I can manage.

On waking them up - James is a bit up and down with his daytime sleeps, and I hate to do it, but I do when its an appt or something. Mother's group or meeting friends or the shopping can always wait though (thank goodness for the mobile phone revolution). I had to wake James for swimming lessons last week and he was sooooo grumpy with me! Sometimes I wonder how I will ever cope when #2 comes along - think we might wait til James is 18 for the next one lol !!

With the whole work thing, I should explain that Im a researcher at a university, and am pretty much my own boss. We do have pretty friendly policy though - lactation breaks are actually to be negotiated with your supervisor - mine are "as required", which for James is three times a day. Its pretty much a case of "getting the work done" rather than having to be at my desk 9 to 5. And Soph, I have certainly been using those extra minutes to do some serious snacking :eat:

Have a good night everyone.

Hi Girls...it is so nice to jump on and see so many posts!...where do I start hehe \/

Soph I hope Lucie has a good nights rest and has a nice full belly!. So hard when they dont want to eat ..feels like you are force feeding them. Sometimes with Kaitlyn I change her position and she eats a little more, tonight I sat on the lounge put my feet on the coffee table and had her sit facing me propped up on my legs ( hope that makes sense) So she sat watching me as she fiddled around and finished her bottle ...the things we do !. I love your names...how exciting ..any feelings on what you think you may be having?

Jo dont feel bad about waking Sammy we all have to do it sometimes. I am lucky that when I have to wake Kaitlyn during the day ( which is not often as she is not a good sleeper!!! ) but when I do have to wake her I do it nice and gently and she opens her eyes and gives me a little smile ...makes me want to eat her up ..and she always wakes in a good mood which is nice!.

WOw Storm 420Mls...that has got to be a record! I am so glad to hear you got good news on Zac \/

Louise I will catch up with you tomorrow , I am glad your first week back went well. Dont forget to bring the cake photos ...I am dying to see it!.

That is so good that you have breaks to feed Georgie....nice to see a child friendly workplace!

Well I took Kaitlyn to the Dr again today as her mystery "heat rash" is really bad now...all on her back and down the back of her arms and legs. The Dr has now said it is dermatitis So I have had to put a special cream all over her little body . I have started using soap flakes rather then washing detergent as DR said this is softer on her skin , so I spent all day washing all her clothes , towels and bed sheets. Not an easy feat when it has been raining ! THanks for all your tips and suggestions , I will be removing J&J products from her bathing routine and try something more natural .

Hope you all have a great night .

Cass

Cass - I find it so comforting that someone has a glimpse of my feeding hastles, although I wouldn't wish them on anyone! The position you had Kaitlyn in, is actually the only way Lucie will feed. She screams like mad if you try and hold her the 'normal' way. I have a fairly low couch, so my knees are higher than my waist so she is still elevated. But she won't be able to lye like that much longer, she is getting to long (lucky to that I have long legs!). Really hope yoy get on top of this yucky skin thing. Oh and I reckon I'm having another girl, although I would love to have a boy!

Georgie - What sort of research do you do, smarty pants? Sounds like a great job to have with a bub.

Jo - I can't believe you can mow the lawn while he sleeps either - very clever!

Louise - So glad all the work and childcare is coming together for you. Must be such a relief.

Storm - Nah ended up being a terrible day. Munchkin only took 500ml all day which meant I had another melt down last night and then again this am when she only took 150ml. Gonna try and get a referral to see a paed down here.

Where is everyone?

Well a stinking hot day here so we have banished ourselves inside to the aircon. Lucie still not overly hungry but I'm trying to get over it! I think these teeth are really giving her grief, because if she has some Neurofen she seems to be ok (touch wood). But certainly don't want to do that for too long.

Anyway hope everyone is ok - obviously all a lot busier than me 8-[

Hi Soph ..I am here! . Have not had a chance to log on as we have been busy busy .

Yesterday we had mothers group , then straight off to my Brother inlaws 18th Bday lunch , then home for a quick nap and over to a friends for dinner. Then today we had an engagement all afternoon . Poor Kaitlyn she is such a trooper ..she is desperately trying to fall asleep now but she is really over tired so she is finding it hard. But she was so good when we were out I was really suprised I guess they are all just growing up!.

I tried Kaitlyn on Potato the other day and she has decided it is to boring hehe. I cooked up some apples today and I will give them to her tomorrow. Plus I bought some sweet potato so I will cook that up tomorrow and try her on that next week as well.

I know it is hard Soph but try not to worry to much as long as Lucie is still putting on weight and is happy I am sure there is nothing to stress about. But always best to check with Dr...but I know that is what my Dr tells me all the time. I told him I was worried as Kaitlyn was not putting on weight and he laughed and said not to worry as they slow down ..otherwise they would be the size of a house by the time they go to school...makes sense I guess. I think it is harder in a different way for us formula mums as we can see how much our babies are eating and therefore worry more when they dont consume the "required" amount. Kaitlyn has never consumed the amount she should and she is still 8.5 Kgs! .

With your second little one on the way at least if it is a girl you have all the clothes ready hehe.

I hope you are all having a great weekend ...it is a hot one here in Sydney!

Cass

Oh I am so tired I had a really r e a l l y bad toothache last night & I hardly slept at all, Bill thought he would do the nice thing & stay home from golf & feed Zac at 7. WELL Poor little Zac had a tanty, apparently he fussed with his bottle & did nothing but complain but when I got up he did nothing but laugh & play, so then who is a mumma's boy?he he he he
    Makes me feel all gooey!!Only thing is, what's gonna happen when I have my op? :-k May have to wait some.

Hi Cass I don't think I've said hi to you yet(slap to me) My youngest DD is Kaitlyn such a beautiful name too!!

Soph chin up, Zac only weighs 7kg so Soph aint doing too bad, he hardly ever drinks a full 180 bottle, so the 420 was a real shocker, took me a while to figure out he was still hungry.. oops.!
    You're doing your best with her feeding issues & a good job at that!!
    I'm the same as you with giving them drugs , when zac is having a bad time teething I give him a cold washer I hate using bonjela, or nurofen I beleive they will get ammune to it & when it is needed for a fever or the such it just wont work.I also use those teethers that go in the fridge "awsome" & Bill brought him 1 of those gummy things great too.
    Bugger Zac's awake

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Thought I'd pop in and let you know that I'm pregnant again!Yep we are crazy!!Thanks for the babydust(it worked!)

wow, congratulations, is that 3 girls pregnant now?

My SIL had a baby girl this morning, 3.88kg and a 5hr labour, no name as yet.

OMG Kirsty that was so quick! Massive congrats!!!! We can be pg buddies too. And yes I think we are both mad :shock: I guess that works out the job situation for you (I read your dilemma in Sept thread).

Storm - Didn't realise that Zac is usually a small eater too. The 420 must have been such a shock for you! Lucie did that once. She took 290ml in one sitting. I think she was just super tired and cranky though. Zac sounds like a real mummys boy. How sweet!

Cass - Yeah I know that's what everyone tells me too, but it is so hard, isn't it? This morning she only had 100ml and I was stressing, but DH said he wasn't worried and rightly that if I was BF I wouldn't know that she had 'only' had that much. Grrrrrrrrrrr I hate mls! Hope Kaitlyn gets some good sleep for you so you can get some yourself.

Louise - Big bubba! Let us know the name when you know it.

A very hot weekend here. Bring on the cold weather............

Kirsty77 Guest

Thanks for the congrats girls!Yep we're both completely mad Soph!hehehe Yeh I don't think I would have taken the job anyway as our family is our priority at the moment.

You know with all this babydust floating around I am starting to get awful clucky again girls...hehe. I never thought I would feel this way but if I didnt have to go back to work ( as we want to sell our unit and buy a house) then I would be trying to fall pregnant again too ! :shock:

Storm ..hello! I cant believe your youngest DD is a Kaitlyn as well !. And you will never guess what our boys name was going to be Zachary ! I love the name Zac.

Congrads Kirsty on your pregnancy !

Well we had a lovely day today . After such a big day yesterday we decided to chill at home .Kaitlyn had some puree apple for brekkie which she was not to sure about. Then at about 430pm ( as it was still SOOO hot!) we took Kaitlyn down to the beach for her first swim !!!. She was very unhappy about it at first but then she really enjoyed it. We were the typical parents standing in the water taking happy snaps hehe.

And you will never believe what Kaitlyn has started to do today ...suck her thumb!!!...help what should I do !. Should I try and stop her? any hints?.

Cass

Maria's new cousins name is Gabriel, it is amusing that she is only 300grams of being twice the weight that Maria was at birth.

Morning all!

Louise - Nothing wrong with pocket rockets I say! Just look how much Maria has grown now!

Cass - How lovely going to the beach. Lucie just loves swimming. DH takes her right out in the ocean and we are currently living at the school with a big pool, so we take her at least twice a week. A real water baby! When are you planning on going back to work.

Kirsty - I am just sooooo excited about you being pg! Hopefully I will be 2 weeks or so late, and you will be 2 weeks early and we can both have October bubs. How's that for a plan?

Well Lucie is cutting another tooth. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. The other one down the bottom is definately through, put hasn't come right up. Now it's the one next to it that is about to come through. Wish they'd just hurry up! She's still only taking 140-150 a feed. Oh well, what can I do I guess?

She also has this bump behind her ear that she has had since Xmas time. 2 doctors thought it was a lymph node, but our new one in Lismore think it might just be a bit of extra bone/cartlidge growth. She's keeping an eye on it and has measured it - we may need to go for an ultrasound sounds on it. So now I keep having nightmares that she has a brain tumour. Going to the docs next week, so I might see if we can get the scan done just to make sure it is nothing sinister.

Well it's so hot in this room - gotta move into the aircon. Hope you are all well!

Jo - Are you ok? Haven't heard from you in a few days.

Ah a cool day......
    Congratulations Kirsty!!!!

Ohh cass, the beach! Zac loved the beach. I sat where the waves come up & he would wait for them to wash over his feet, when they didn't make it he would go stiff & his little face would go red!!

Soph, I hope everything it o.k with Lucie. I'm sure it will be, I'd be getting it checked asap too, just incase. Wow at Lucie drinking 140 - 150mls, that's how much Zac usually has, I was always happy with that :-k I guess they know how much they need, otherwise they would either complain or drink more!

I nearly got run over by a madman this morning! My ???> idiotic neighbour for some reason is fighting with another neighbour so he has to take it out on me? L o s e r . . . . . . unfortunately for him Bill's gonna give him the what for, I had Zac in the pram GGRRRRR. :fuming: X1000

My little boy has a tooth!! \/ it popped up yesterday!!!

Still ](*,) with TTC, I'm having 40 day cycles atm ](*,)
    Better go & do some housework does it ever end?

Hello ladies

Phew..you guys have been chatty. Soph..thanks for asking about me hon..Im fine..just had a busy weekend with very little spare time! Wow at another tooth too...hope it doesnt cause too much grief. Sammy has one lump up and the last two nights he has been a shocker..up 5 times each :boggle: We took the kids to school and he was so grumpy when we got home..he wanted to go straight back to sleep..so thats where he is now..poor munchkin. Thats so great that Lucie loves swimming..its nice isnt it. Sammy is the same. Does Lucie have a lil floatie thing she goes in? Sammy gets all excited when he sees water and leans towards it..its very cute. Hope the lump is nothing too..when is your next appt?

Kirsty...whooohhoooo hon..wtg...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so fantastic. You must be as pleased as anything. When is bubby due and what will be the gap with your littleuns. Wow..all these pregnant mummas \/

StormYa gotta know with all this babydust flying around..you gonna get hit soon..hehe. Even with 40 day cycles. I havent got AF back yet..its so great. I normally get it when bubby is 12 months. I consider myself very blessed. :fuming: :fuming: at the mad neighbour...poor little Zac..bet it gave you a fright. Whooo hooo on the tooth too..wtg Zac. Hope your tooth is ok now..is that what your op is for?

Louise..congrats hon on your new lil niece..what a pretty name. Thats a great size too. Is Maria still doing well at daycare?

Cass sounds like youve been busy too. Kaitlyns doing a grreat job. Its nice to have chill out days after such busy ones isnt it. I did so much running around over the weekend..I make Mondays be my home day to catch up on all the housework..other wise it just seems to take forever to catch up. That is so cute Kaitlyn is sucking her thumb! Olivia was(is) a thumb sucker and its always been such a fantastic comfort to her. Sammy has a dummy and i was so hoping he would suck his thumb but he seemed to get so frustrated with his attempts that he prefered the dummy being popped straight in. I know there are conflicting ideas floating around but being a former thumbsucker myself and having a child who is a thumbsucker..i can honestly say we had no probs whatsoever...sometimes chilluns just need that extra bit of soothing that a thumb (or other comfort) can offer.

Well we had two a party Sat arvo..dinner Sat night and day to Adventure world yesterday in Perth. The kids are absolutely knackered and were really hard to get motivated to get up for school today. Me thinks will be very early night tonight. Sammy had a ball though..he did so much swimming..he just loved it. Being surrounded by all the extended family and doted on..what more could a lil bubs ask for.

Anyway better go and get a wriggle on and get some things done before the lil fella wakes up

Jo

Oh Storm I would be really peed with the neighbour too. Grrrrrrrr. Yay for Zac's tooth! So how many feeds a day does Zac have? You don't know how reassuring it is to hear other bubbas who have small appetites! Good luck with the TTC too.

Jo - Hope Sammy settles down a bit for you. He just sounds like such a delight though! Lucie has been grizzling heaps during the night too. I get up, give her a pat and she seems ok. Yeap Lucie has a Zogg floatie thing which she loves. It's good too because I put the flippers on and hold her in it lick a kickboard and do a few laps. It's hard work! Appt is next Wednesday, so will let you know how it goes.

Ok gonna take munchkin outside for some fresh air before DH gets home in 15 minutes and we go for a swim.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast