Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #3

Soph Zac only has 4 or 5 on a good day I think that's normal.Well I hope it is....

Hi Jo great to hear from you!! Por Sammy I hope he gets some teethies soon.
    Um no the op isn't for my tooth, it's ah well err..........., will have to be put off for a year or so .

Hi to all!! have to go & sort out this crazy neighbour with Bill now :fuming:

Goodluck to Bill with the crazy neighbour Storm!!!

Soph hope you enjoyed your swim..sounds heavenly right now..cos its hot!!! Sammy is still having a very sensitive day. He is very sooky..want lots of booby and has just gone back to bed. I hope its teeth and nothing else.

Jo

Hi Girls

Soph
    I am planning to go back to work in Sept after Kaitlyns 1st bday , but I am only going back three days which will be nice. I am not sure what I will end up doing as the job I left is a fulltime one and I would NEVER be able to do it in three days ..maybe I will do a more project type role which will be fun!. I cant believe Lucie is getting another tooth!! I hope the bump behing her ear is nothing it is so hard not to worry about it when they have these little things.

And a tooth for Zac as well! . Storm I hope you sorted out your neighbour!

Thanks Jo I guess I should be happy as long as she is happy ...thumb and all !. My sister was a thumb sucker and I was a two finger sucker .

Kaitlyn and I had a nice day today . Went and had a new forward facing car seat installed so she is out of her capsule now!. The look on her face when she had her first drive ...PRICELESS!...she just looked stunned haha.

Then she spent the rest of the day making me hold her in the standing position, thrusting herself from sitting position on the lounge to standing position on floor ( with my assistance of course) then trying to do the same to get out of her highchair and also her bath chair ..arghhh . Was cute on the lounge ...

Cass

PMSL Cass...lol. It sure is a priceless look isnt it. Sammy just looked stunned. One day he was facing the back..next time he could see mummy and daddy in the front! Gotta love the standing

Jo

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Thanks again for all the congrats!Yep we're pretty stoked!

Soph-2 weeks early sounds great!At the end with Gem I was as big as a house!!

Jo-I'm due around 1st november.That means bubs will be 14 months apart!eekkk!

Ok Kirsty that's a plan then, and we'll both be in Babies Born in October 2006! I want a bigger baby and you want a smaller one - very funny!

Jo - Swim was great, Lucie was sooooo tired though. She drank 200ml and then was too tired for me to give her solids (rubbing her eyes like crazy which is very fun when pumpkin is involved!)

Cass - Wow I bet Kaitlyn loves that! Can't wait to put ours in. We bought one the other day on sale at Big W for only $114! Going to wait till munchkin is a bit bigger though. Re going back to work - Project work would be great and more flexible too I guess if you are considering TTC #2.

Storm - Hope you sorted out that neighbour. Lucie only has 4 bottles a day, I honestly don't know how I could fit in a 5th now without it being a dreamfeed like it used to be.

Eating so much junk food at the moment. Gotta stop. Don't want to put on as much weight as I did with Lucie - I went from a very fit and very thin 60kg to a whopping 99kg!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh wow Kirsty...what a great gap lol. My brother and I were 14 months apart.

Soph the eye rubbing is so cute isnt it. Hope she slept well for you.

Ive just come back from a teacher meeting with Livvys class. We havent got the teacher with personality thats for sure. :-k Sammy has gone back down for a sleep. He had another bad night ..poor darling. The hot weather certainly doesnt help but i think its his teeth giving him grief..poor baby.

Jo

Oh Jo poor Livvy. Makes it so hard when they get a dud teacher I think. Hope Sammy has a better night tonight too. Lucie had another shocker. She seems to wake frequently until about midnight when she sleeps till 5am or 6am-ish. But from bedtime (7.30pm) until midnight she wakes about every 45 mins/hour with a little grizzle. Goes back down fairly easy though. Has Sammy's tooth cut through yet?

Awww Soph sounds like a similar sort of night to us...poor babies. No tooth come up yet..he just has a hard lump. :-k

Jo

Hi Girls ,

I hope all the little teething buddies are going well tonight.

Soph I hear you on the weigh gain! I was soooo healthy and kept doing my 1 hour walk a day until I was about 7months pregnant ..so I was all belly and did not put weigh on anywhere else....Then I started to feel BIG and believe me ...my belly was ...so I had to stop walking at 7months...then at 8months I rediscovered Maccas .....bad move bad bad bad. hahaha...thankfully I now walk for at least an hour pretty much everyday again. I LOVE exercising ..sick I know ..but I do ...so I am trying to make sure Kaitlyn loves being out so I can always be active.

Well onto my little one ...I am having a dilema ..to wrap or not to wrap. Kaitlyn LOVES being wrapped but I am feeling pressure to get her out of the wrap . I am trying to wrap her with only one arm out and she is not liking it at all .Tonight she settled better then last night , but I keep walking in and she is there screaming and waving her dummy around in her hand I feel like such a bad mum as I know if I wrapped her she would snuggle up and fall asleep easy . What do I do !. Do babies let you know when THEY are ready not to be wrapped?

I am just having one of those days ...poor baby is not liking ANY of the solids I am offering her at the moment and I am trying to get her unwrapped so I feel a bit blah .

But on a brighter note ...had Gymbaroo today and once again Kaitlyn had a ball!. But did not sleep a long sleep this afternoon like she normally does after Gymbaroo as she had one arm out of wrap !

Cass

Awww Cass...a dilemma! I cant really help you there. We stopped wrapping Sammy a while ago..around 11 weeks. I guess you have to weigh it all up...if she still prefers it i guess shes letting you know its fine for her. I think as they get more mobile she will stick her little arms out all by herself!

Jo

Oh Cass can't help you on the wrapping - Lucie has never really liked it so we switched to sleeping bags very early. As for solids though - having the same problem with Lucie at the moment so I am not sure whether I should just stop for a few days and then start again? I might post in the solids forum. I love exercising too and used to be such a gym junkie. I actually used to look like a bit of a muscle woman!

Jo - Hope you got a bit of a better night last night. Lucie had a really good night actually. I think I got up only once or twice. Had shocking nightmares though myself which then kept me up!

Cass,
    If she sleeps being wrapped then I persobnally would wrap her, there's NO rules that say not to wrap...
    When INdah's sleeping bag is in wash & not yet dry, I wrap her, or else she wakes up & screams coz she is cold or whatever!!!
    But in sleeping bag she is fine, without being wrapped...

My friend wrapped her daughtertil she was about 16 months old... It was THE ONLY way she would sleep at night.....

Good Luck

Another exhausting night...sigh. Sammys in great spirits though...he just doesnt want to settle....and has a temp..poor fella. Sammy doesnt tend to like alot of food with a spoon but he devours finger food. He can eat toast with vegemite and leave very little left..he just mushes and swallows. He loves banana, apple broccoli, avacodo..funny boy!

Soph...you poor dear..go away nightmares!

Tracey..so cute about Indah's tooth( i read in the other thread)

Jo

Jo - Poor Sammy. Have you given him something for the temp? I tried Lucie with a bit of toast this am and she seemed to prefer to feed herself too, although I am not sure how much she really ate! Do you cut the crusts off?

Tracey - Yay for Indah's tooth!

Lucie and I had a great time this morning. We were both crawling around the lounge room and she was chasing me. She thought it was hilarious!

Soph I have given him so panadol...hes asleep at the moment. Sometimes I cut the crusts off and sometimes I dont. He gets all excited when i pass him toast..lol. Soph...is Lucie crawling????

Jo

Hello fletchie so nice of you to pop in! Sounds like little Zane is doing wonderfully to me. Sammy isnt crawling either lol..not even slightly moving. He does roll but much prefers sitting. Sammy is on 3 meals a day and geez however many breastfeeds!!! Um hes eating rice cereal and toast in the morning...vegies at lunchtime and mushed fruit in the evening. Hes getting very capable and lumps dont seem to bother him much anymore. Cyber hugs to lil Zane from his buddy Sammy.

Girls I forgot to mention last night Sammy started babbling. Last night it was ni ni ni and nan nan na and this morning with a toy in his mouth it was bub bub bub...its very cute O I love their noises so much!

Jo

Yeap Jo, she has been for a few weeks now. It's very cute. It's not always up on her knees totally but she moves her legs up and kinda commando crawls everywhere and is getting very fast at it too! Can't leave her alone for very long at all and everything has had to come off the floor. And when she isn't crawling she rolls everywhere.

How cute with Sammy babbling. I must say I am enjoying Lucie a heap more (is that ok to say?) now that she does stuff back, heaps better than the early weeks when they just sleep and eat (or not!).

Hi Fletch! I miss ya matey! Yeap Lucie is crawling and has a tooth. But she's not very good at sitting and falls over pretty quickly. She still is a sparrow with the food - lucky to take 700ml a day, usually more around 600ml these days. I try and give her solids for dinner and breakfast but only after her bottle, otherwise I have no hope with the bottle. She isn't overly keen on those either! And I totally wouldn't worry about Zane. They really are all different. Lucie is just a tiny pocket rocket and still doesn't want to eat so I that always drives me nuts comparing other bubs too! I just reckon you can't really compare because they will do things when they are good and ready and not before.

I kinda wish Lucie wasn't so mobile because it worries me that she might walk early too. And with #2 due in September I'd rather she wasn't running around by then, but I think that will be impossible!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast