Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #3

GeorgieK Guest

Welcome Bec and Joshy....does this mean Im not the newbie anymore??

Love all the new ticker photos, Lucie, Zane and kaitlyn, theyre all so cute! They change so quickly....babies are growing up...

Hope all you sick bods are starting to feel a little better, poor things. Poor James picked up a tiny cold at childcare (first of many Im sure) and is all snorky and snotty, but otherwise cheerful. We did have a few milk explosions when he sneezed while feeding LOL.

Funny, I was just talking today about trolley covers with a mum's group friend! I ran over someone with the pram the other day cos I was looking at one going past on a trolley....reckon they're great. James has been sitting alone for about 2 weeks now and loves to check out whats going on and flirt with the checkout chick, but we havent tried sitting up in the trolley yet. Have to admit I usually sneak off at lunchtime at work to tear around the supermarket while James is in childcare. 8-[

Jo, I forgot to ask you - what sort of bread do you give Sammy? Probably a dumb question, but is multigrain bad cos of the little grains, does anyone know? Wholemeal is better I guess....details suddenly become so important and all consuming as a mum!!!

Soph, Im sure its someone in the thread, but would you mind posting Lucies website again? Love to have a look. Havent touched James since before xmas.

GeorgieK Guest

Forgot another thing #-o

Fletch, great to know someone else nearby, we're in Springwood. And I vote that you can play with us cos you think James is cute Took us the longest time to get smiling photos cos he's see the camera and just stare....

Hi Girls,

Gosh I need to start logging on more then once a day ...it has taken me about 1/2 hour just to read all the posts hehehe. Here I go ...hope I dont miss anything!

Georgie
    thanks on the wrapping , I dont know why as mothers we put ourselves through the stress of comparing and listening to peoples negative opinions. I guess I was just worried because people said "what she is still wrapped" arghhh. As long as she is happy !. I am glad James has returned to his happy self ...funny how they can have bad days ...weeks!

Wow Fletch 30mins tummy time ...that is fantastic!. Kaitlyn is not sitting in the trolly yet , mostly because she would just fall forward still . But when it is time I think I will invest in on of those inserts.

Kaitlyn does that stiff as a board thing as well Kate, it is her way of telling me she does not want to sit down she wants to stand up!.

I hope Sammy is feeling better today Jo...so horrible when our little ones are sick .

Welcome Bec and Joshua!

Tracy I hope your throat is feeling better. I cant believe Indahs hair , that is the best head of hair I have ever seen!. She will have a cute little ponytail by her first bday ..that is what I was hopeing for Kaitlyn as well but she seems to have lost lots of her hair!.

Soph that is so cute about the crawling to you down the sunroom ..cant wait for Kaitlyn to be on the move . Love your Belly pic and also the new pics of Lucie ...she is SOOOO CUTE!.

Storm I hope you are all resting up tonight and feel better
    tomorrow.

Well Kaitlyn and I had a nice stay at home day today ...all we did was for a walk in the afternoon. DH came home at 745pm and wanted me to keep Kaitlyn up to see him , so of course they had a play and she laughed at him . So funny she just looks at him and laughs at him!!!! she finds him so funny . Anyway then she was all revved up so it took us AGES to get her to sleep arghhh wont make that mistake again.

I tried Kaitlyn on Avocado mixed with a little formula for dinner tonight and she LOVED IT!.

Well better run as I am so tired!. I have been up since 530am as I took my mum to the airport, she is off trekking in India for 3 weeks !! give me a resort anyday \/

Cass

well I go away from the forum for a few days and it takes me ages just to read through 4 pages of posts, a couple of weeks ago it was very very quiet, Yah August thread =D> =D>

Maria is getting over her cold, I took her to the doctors on Monday and he said that she sounds way worse than she really is and just use baby fess, baby vicks, steamy showers and mummies milk, got to love the doc.

Going to Canberra tomorrow to see my new niece, even missing mother's group, (see you next week Cass and Bec). Work is very busy, just doing 3 days per week is tiring, even if 1 day is from home.

Maria is still being wrapped/or sleeping in sleeping bag, won't sleep any other way. She started on solids this week and loves it, even if it is just rice cereal atm, might start pumplin next week.

talk to you all soon

louise

Happy 6 months to Lucie Soph!!!

Lol at the milk explosions Georgie..toooo cute. Sammy has had white bread and wholemeal bread. I prefer the wholemeal bread but sometimes havent had it as the kids complain!!!!

Fletchie Sammy is rolling from tummy to back. He doesnt tend to like being on his tummy all that much..tending to associate it with sleeping lol. Whooohoooo on the backwards crawl..

Cass glad you had a nice home day. Sammy loves avacado too..well he pretty much likes anything he can put in his mouth!

Louise have fun giving your new neice lots of cuddles. Will be nice for Maria to have a cousin so close to her in age.

Sammys feeling so much better now. We have just gotten back from shopping and hes been smiling at everyone..giggling..and dad dad dading in the seat of the trolley. Im feeling sooo tired though..the past few wakeful nights has been really draining so gonna head off and get to bed.

Jo

Wow this thread is really moving along now - great!

Jo - I know i can't believe she is 6 months! Off for all her measurements today at the health centre [-o< all is still on target. Glad Sammy is feeling better but WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP SO LATE??????

Louise - Glad Maria is feeling better too. Hope you get a restful weekend.

Cass - Lucie likes avocado too and she has just discovered plastic cheese slices - not the most nutrious I know but whatever the child will eat I say!

Fletch - How cute on the backward crawling!!!! I would say that you have nothing to worry about with Zane, he's obviously such an individual!

Georgie - Click on the www icon down the bottom of my post - it will take you straight there.

Tracey - Gotta love Indah's hair! Reckon she could do a shampoo ad!

Bec - Josh is soooooo cute. Checked out his pics too. Just gorgeous.

We had a horror night last night, I was up every 40 mins. Think Lucie may have been too cold though, so will dress her up more tonight. Thing is that her room is still quite warm when we put her to bed, but gets a lot colder overnight :-k

well we have decided not to go to Canberra this weekend, but to stay at home all day. Maria's cold has come back, she sounds terribly congested, and just wants to sleep and eat, other than that she is fairly happy.

Cass - how is the avocado going? I'm sure the nappies will be very interesting from now on.

Soph - hope Lucie and you get a better sleep tonight.

All the pics of everyone's bubbas are so cute, and all the new teeth, crawling (forwards and backwards) is so exciting.

:-k Thanks Soph, I might see if I can get her into Commercials then hey!!!

hee hee, Lucie is growing so fast, her pic's are gorgeous, I agree with kitten2b, all the bubba's are growing & are all simply gorgeous....

Time flies hey!!!

Tracey - Apparently you can make VERY good money!

Louise - Probably a good idea to stay home, at least Maria can recover in a familiar environment.

Had Lucie's check up today. Weight 7kg, which isn't much better than last week (6.95kg) but I'm trying not to stress as these were digital scales (not last week) and different ones and if I hadb't had her weighed last week I wouldn't know any different. At least that's what my logical brain is saying, the other side is stressing out a bit............

Soph,
    RELAX!!!! If I were any closer to you, I think I'd pop you over my knee!

Lucie is perfectly fine, happy & healthy!!!!

Now enjoy her & your preg & stop worrying.....

7kgs is fine, different scales are different, so accept that she's fine & growing well & all is well...

Maddison was only about that weight til 7 or 8 months!

Indah is a pudge though!!! (not gonna tell ya her weight!) :smt016

Soph, Soph, Soph,, please stop stressing, when we last has Zac weighed the nurse said to me not to worry, the fat baby trend is over. WTF?? but that's what she said! Small babies are becoming more common, ........ either she is loopy or there is something in what she said

Hey Fletch, yipee for Zane crawling.. backwards.... gotta start somewhere, my eldest ds went backwards first. And to make the vegies tastier, I bake them with a lamb leg or the like, I've even used different sorts of gravy to mush them up a bit.Zac loves it.

Will finish this later have a wormy squirmy on my lap,
    Ah Mr Farter has decided to play on the floor.He loves to slap the keyboard & just makes it impossible to type!!Sometimes I open up word for him & let him go for it He can even type words!once he did ppppoooo, & the kids thought it was hysterical,.& even asked me if he knew he wrote it dah!

MEL!!!!!!, where are you?????

You guys sure have been busy, it's gonna take me ages to catch up, so just let me say HI to all & unfortunately no, I 'm not feeling any better :fuming: but thanks for asking, everything seems so confusing atm, I went to go to the shop & put the car in drive to back out the driveway, needless to say I didn't go to the shop.
    Can anybody tell me where Kel is?

Going to go my head feels like it's gonna pop, hope this ends soon.

BYE BYE.

:smt016 Fletch, cant you tell I'm not a teacher/English professor!? :smt016

Hey Zane could be the head without Rogaine & Indah can be the head after using it a few times!!

hee hee

Ok gotta do some work today!

Oh my goodness you ladies are the absolute best, you actually have me in tears. Stupid pg hormones! Thank you so much for being the voice of reason, it means more to me than any of you will ever know. You are all the best!

Hey Fletch I forgot to say that the MCHN was going through all the developmental questions and one was 'Does she crawl backwards'. Apparently most bubs do that before they start moving forwards, so there ya go! Have you tried sweet corn with Zane? Lucie seems to like it and it sweetens stuff up. I got a tin of creamed corn and then chucked it in the blender to make it smoother. Maybe try adding a bit to his other veg?

Storm - Hope you are ok. Did you crash the car?????

Tracey - I can tell from the photos that Indah is a pudge LOL. She looks really old! I forgot to say that Lucie has one of the same tops. Inday has it is a boney colour, the sleeves one with the tie thing at the front, but Lucie's is white!

Just put Lucie at the other end of the sunroom for the 5th time - she gets here too fast now and always heads straight for the hard drive power button. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Chatterboxes in here!!!!

Soph..just think how much energy Lucie is burning crawling around everywhere! Stands to reason her weight is slowing down. 7kg is a great weight...please please dont worry. Im always up late lol..I very rarely go to bed early. Darren works so much so the time we have together we certainly try and make the most of it. LOL at the cheese slices. Sammy loves cheese on toast...he starts flapping his arms when i am giving him a cheese toasty!

Louise enjoy your weekend at home. Sometimes its just so nice to be able to chill out. I hope little Marias cold doesnt upset her too much

Fletchie...Sammy and Zaney should star in the bald baby hair commercials together lol!!! I havent been using marg on Sammys toast til this week..i was just using a dob of vegemite..but today he had some honey..didnt think much of it though. OHhh yoghurt..what sort of yoghurt are you using?? I havent thought of that.

Hiya Storm. Zac is gifted with his typing..what a great word..poo. I love teasing the kids..they all think Sammy is soooo clever...especially now he was talking. Is the car ok???You poor thing..i hope you can get some rest.

Waaaaaaah!!! I wanna put some new piccies on site but my dig cam battery has just died...so gonna have to wait til i get to the shop to get a new one. Everyones bubbas are so cute. .We have just gotten back from mumma and bubba music class. Sammy just loves it so much. He loves the bongo drums and the xylophone..clever fella.

Proud mummy moment here too....Jess got elected student councillor today! Last week elected Faction captain. Shes off to a great start this year!

Bye for now

Jo

Hey Girls!

Well, DH is off at a work do and Josh is in bed asleep, so I am sitting back with a nice glass of white and relaxing! Ahhhh!

We've had a nice day...we went to mother's group this morning. I didn't get into a mother's group when Josh was born, so a friend that I have made at Josh's premmie playgroup invited me along to one that she had joined...which by total coincidence happens to be Louise and Cass' mother's group! So I have got to meet them both as well as the lovely Maria and Kaitlyn.

Jo, how funny about our boy's names. We must have similar taste in names because Olivia is one of my fave girls names too! Glad to hear that Sammy is feeling better. And way to go Jess!

Tracey, your girls are beautiful. And Indah's hair, wow! Puts Josh's little patch of hair to shame!

Georgie, hi! I'm glad you asked the question about the bread, 'cause I was wondering the same thing the other day! Josh hasn't started on solids just yet, but I don't think it will be too long and I've been thinking ahead. I'm a bit excited about it!

Fletch, so Zane is on the move! What a clever boy. I can't wait to see his backwards crawling! Although, he'll probably be going forwards before I see him. Ok, the meet up is a goer. We'll have to PM and work out some details.

Cass, it was lovely to have a chat with you today. You have such a nice group of girls getting together. I hope the group didn't mind me joining in at such a late stage. How's your little princess doing tonight?

Louise, I hope Maria's cold clears up soon. It must be so hard for the poor little things when they can't do anything to help themselves. Josh is still wrapped to sleep too. Otherwise he slaps himself in the face and wakes himself up!

Cass & Louise, have you seen the thread about the Sydney BB meet up in March?

Soph, thanks for having a look at Josh's site. And I agree with the other girls, as long as Lucie is happy and healthy - which she clearly is - the weight is not an issue. Jo has a great point about her burning up all her energy with all the crawling! BTW, you have probably already said somewhere, but why the move to Lismore?

Storm, hope you are ok after the driveway incident. LOL about the kids and Zac's typing!

Well, have a lovely weekend everyone!

GeorgieK Guest

Im with Bec....kicking back with a glass of card-onnay (a la Kath and Kim ). Sounds like everyone's a bit better today and throats and colds are clearing up. Actually Ive been feeling really guilty cos I didnt realise that part of James crappy weeks was due to a cold compounded by teething; all I had to do was give him some panadol and we would have both been happier.

Soph, Im joining the line to say dont stress (LOL at being put over Tracey's knee!). Jo's point is spot on with the crawling. James went through about 6 weeks where he hardly put on any weight - all his pants were getting too short but the 00 would just slide of his hips. Constant teenager skater-boy daggy bum thing going on. He is second oldest and second heaviest born in our mums group, and all the others now outstrip him by a kilo or more. As everyone said, shes happy, healthy...wouldnt be crawling or laughing otherwise, so chill girl!

LOL at Lucie going straight for the harddrive button - that thing takes you attention thanks very much! Cut up a cereal box and tape a flap over the front of the HD perhaps..

BTW, thanks for pointing out the intricasies of the posts and those little buttons.... #-o Pick the scientist, hey. Love everyone's websites, spent quite some time crusing through!

Fletch, wtg Zane on the backwards crawl! Thanks for the links too...wish you could buy the trolley monsters elsewhere than ebay auctions though.

Tracey, Im so envious of Indah's gorgeous hair....poor James is a baldy too...what he's got is blonde so is pretty invisible.

Storm, James loves the keyboard too. Ive set up an old one on the desk in front of the real one so he can bash away and not accidently send the half-written emails. PMSL that he wrote poo though! Obviously a child prodigy

Jo, on the yoghurt thing, James tried some tonight with some apple and mango puree. I bought the Jalna natural biodynamic one, cos Id rather not have one with added suger etc. Dont think he'd like it without fruit, its quite sharp tasting, but it went down a treat with fruit. Anyone else find another good one? WTG Jess on getting elected too. She must feel great =D>

We had a fab day, swimming lessons then mothers group at the pool. James went underwater, yay! Not voluntarily, mind, and he did give me a dirty look when he emerged, but no tears and seemed pretty happy. He also had his first rusk. One of the other mums gave him one to try and said "he'll probably be going hard to make a dint in it". 5 mins later its half the size and he's covered in soggy mushy breadcrumbs. He just got into it like a little beaver with his two teeth. Today rusks, tomorrow toast!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Georgie

Georgie - Will use your tip and cover the button - she loves it 'cos there are flashing lights there too. Your swim classes sound like fun. How did you go about dunking James? We have a pool here but we haven't put Lucie's head under yet.

Bec - Oh you tease, would love a couple of glasses of vino! We moved to Lismore 'cos DH got a new job here (he's a teacher) and we have always liked Northern NSW. Plan is to move to the coast (Evans Head/Ballina) and rent somewhere near the beach once we sell our house in Brisbane.

Jo - Get that camera fixed so we can see some new pics of cutey Sammy!

And once again all you lovely ladies are right and I shoudl stop stressing. Doc actually said that bubs can go backwards a bit re weight once they get so active. Ok I promise, I'll try not to stress :-k Slowed down with the solids a bit. Might have a few days off and then restart.

Dh is asleep with Lucie. Better go and check!

wow girls ..I missed one night ...we are so busy in here these days ..I LOVE IT!!!.

Soph it is so hard for us not to worry but Lucie is so cute and looks perfect and happy!. One day when she is in her 20's she will be so happy to have such a lovely petite frame

I hope little Maria is feeling better Louise , we missed you at mothers group!. Nappies with solids ...EWWWWW sometimes twice a day which I am not used to with a formula baby!. I have also noticed Kaitlyn seems a big windy and needs more settling which I think is her body getting used to it all. She is on Brekkie and Dinner now!.

James
    sounds like a little wonderboy Georgie!. Kaitlyn has not been wet past her thighs and would scream the house down if her head went under I think!

Bec it is great to have you and Josh in the mothers group ...the more the merrier I say!. We are really lucky as it is a nice group of girls . We were actually two different groups that joined together about 6ish weeks ago !.Josh is such a cutie...future heartbreaker for sure. I have not heard about the catch up but I would be interested for sure!.

Go Sammy on his musical instruments ...and Jess Student Councillor. Jo what is a Faction Captain?...sounds important!

Hope you are feeling better Storm.

Had a lovely day today , visited some girlfriends and their children. Kaitlyn hardly slept a wink all day but was in great spirits then we came home to DH and my sister who came over for dinner. I told them she was grumpy as she was tired and then she proceeded to laugh and play for the next 2 hours! Cheeky thing . Then she passed out , our princess was tired :sleeping:

Well I am off to bed ...I was going to play on Ebay but is is 11:25 I think I need pass out hehe.

Cass

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast