Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #4

Im so sad. We had our morning group and were singing all of our rhymes and one mum repeatedly kept shouting at her lil 17 month old daughter and smacking her on the hand for touching other peoples things. It was so sad...no one new what to say or do.

Jo

Oh Jo that would have been horrible. Maybe she was just having a really bad day? Hard not to say something though. I hope you still had fun.

Fletch - I was really worried when Lucie started sleeping on her tum, but she does it 95% of the time now. Zane will soon learn to roll back if he hates it that much! Thanks for the tip re solids. Yeah I think I'll stick with bottle then solids, maybe wait a bit though like Jo does. I made the mistake of giving Lucie a quarter of a piece of toast with melted cheese on it 2 hours before her bottle and consequently just had a nightmare feed and now feel depressed about it. Silly me though, will learn from that one! Reckon Zaney will have that tooth by next week!

Indah sleeps 100% of the time on her tummy now, as soon as she is put down she rolls on to her tummy & stays that way, she never grizzles just flaps about & moves all over the place!

I agree Jo, it's hard not to say something, but its best not to get too involved... although I always hate ignoring it, like you agree with whats happening.

Lucie I breast feed Indah & then offer food about 15-30 mins later...

Flletcheroo, Hi back at ya! I am like your friend, I hate taking my kids for needles, it is awful...

GeorgieK Guest

Hi y'all, another depressing day at work....the uni is in a bit of trouble finacially etc, esp our department, and we had a farewell for another person today, the 7th in 5 weeks. Its getting mighty lonely there...oh well.

Hope the needles went OK Cass, and Kaitlyn's not too much out of sorts.

How really awful for you Jo. I read so often about how much all these sorts of behaviours really make an impact on the bubs, and I see it often at the shopping centre (good ol' western burbs, hey Fletch!!). Not sure what your group structure is like, but if you have speakers or discussions, perhaps you can subtly introduce a general group chat about it? If its not directly aimed at her or really confrontational, might just be some food for thought for her. Makes me so sad..... I always feel bad when I have to walk away from something like that, but I agree, you cant really interfere.

You legend Fletch! Nerves of steel! I get done in the last 15 secs all the time too, even if I try and be there. Wonder if we're ever bidding against each other!! OUr mum's group had to exchange ebay id's so we werent doing just that. I do lots of my ebaying after the boys are in bed too

Soph, on the solids / milk thing, I usually give milk first (all that stuff about it being their main nutrition etc). We go bf at 530, rice cereal and fruit at 7am; veges within 30 mins of lunch bf (usually around 1130); veges straight after dinner bf (around 6pm). Having said how much James eats a couple of days ago, today he's hardly had any veges! Got right into the fruit and yoghurt though.

All these bubs loving being on their tums has me a little worried - James hates it and gets tired really quickly, he's not pushing right up like other bubs his age (and way behind Legend Lucie and Zippy Zane). Not even rolling very much. Hmmm.

Btter go...DH just came in and said "you talk to them more than you talk to me"....better make him a cuppa!!

BTW, has anyone tried their bubs with either custard (I've found some powder without added sugar) or porridge / oats?

have a good night everyone, hope its cooler for sleeping Jo; its been raining here this evening so its all cool and freah...sorry

Georgie

Hi Girls

Congrads Fletch on getting your Trolley insert !. I cant believe your sisters name is Cassandra , I love Cassa. I get Cass or Cassie or Cassandra if I am naughty

Soph our usual routine ( which changes!) is 630am Bottle, 8amish Rice Cereal , 930amish bottle , 1230ish Fruit or veges ( just started solids at lunch yesterday ) then up to an hour after Bottle , then 4pmish bottle , 5pmish Vege or fruit then 7-730pm bottle before bed. I find Kaitlyn usually wants her milk more after solids then she does solids after her Milk..if that makes sense.

Jo so sad on that mum ...makes me thankful that our babies are ours so we can really love , nuture and encourage them to be happy confident children. Just wish all kids could feel that way.

Georgie
    dont worry Kaitlyn hates being on her tummy most the time. She dislikes it so much she has even stopped rolling as she has worked out she ends up on her tummy!.

Louise and Bec , I forgot I cant come to mothers group tomorrow as I have a tupperware party/champagne brunch with the girls and bubs from my prenatal class!...mmm not good for the maternity leave budget as I LOVEEEE storage items \/ But if Kaitlyn has a bad night after the injections I will be missing that one to!.

Shots were horrible today girls!!! And they are only going to get worse from here on in . Kaitlyn screamed like she had never screamed before , and then for about 10 mins after she stopped crying she was still doing that sobbing thing as she breathed because she had cryed so much . She watched the DR and knew he was going to give her a second needle ...I was so upset..lucky I took DH with me. So tonight she is wrapped nice and tight the way she likes it and is in bed after a big cuddle good night.

Quick question ...have any of you found cheap places to have Digital Photos printed? I tryed KMART for 29c and they are HORRIBLE. And all my local photo places are 50c which I pay as they are good quality but it does get a bit expensive!.

Well better run and call DH ...I have a craving for an icecream!. We usually dont keep that stuff in the house just because we are not big eaters of sweets but when I want one I have to have one!

Cass - Hope Kaitlyn was ok last night. Poor little might, I had tears in my eyes reading about her crying. It's so hard, but I'm glad you had DH there too. I had an icecema craving last night too, but DH wouldn't let me go and get any. I ate a big bowl every night when I was pg with Lucie, may have had something to do with my 39kg weight gain :-k

Georgie - I wouldn't stress too much about the tummy thing. Lucie didn't use to like it and then all of a sudden, one day she loved it! I tried the baby custard with Lucie once, not overly keen but will try it again.

Tracey - how's hairy Indah going?

Does anyone use a cot bumper? We don't, but Lucie keeps banging her head on the cot 'cos she moves EVERYWHERE in there. But I think I read somewhere not to use them till 12 months????

I'm Here!!!! Just been pretty busy & then the hairy one was up last night at 11pm, 2am, 5am & just after 6am...
    She wouldnt settle without boobie either so I fed her each time....
    She seemed OK this morning... I guess ya just never know if it is teeth, too hot, too cold, thirsty, growth spurt or anything else!!!!

It's all just a guessing game... Funny how when something changes though you start to second guess & doubt yourself!!!

I never used a cot bumper with Maddy, shealways was hard up against the edge, but she never woke from doing so, so I just never worried about one... I figured it was safer not to...

I am so glad it is Friday... How I LONG for weekends!!!!

SSSSSShhhhhhhh........ I am snealking out of work early to get groceries done so I dont have to worry about them tomorrow morning!!!!

Good on you Tracey, I say you deserve to go early! And you are so right about doubting yourself. I do that all teh time 'Maybe I should do this, maybe I should do that?'. I swear that motherhood is the hardest job ever!

Made Lucie rice cereal with chicken stock last night - I'd made a heap the other day and frozen some in ice cube blocks. She at the lot! Yay! Only about a tablespoon and a half, but that's good for her. And the chicken stock has lots of fat in it - I'll try anything!

=D> Well done Lucie.....
    That's great news Soph....

Yep, you'd think with #2, I'd be less worried or doubtful... But nope!!!!

Wow Fletch well done on the weight loss - that's fantastic. I lost mine really quickly too, but basically cos I was so stressed out about Lucie not eating that I forgot to myself. Not exactly the healthiest way to go about it. Having said that I just devoured a Big Mac. I hate Macca's with a passion usually (idealogically and nutrionally) but a Big Mac seems to satisfy my pg craving at the moment! Oh and Lucie likes to suck on the fries - hehehehehehe anything for a few for calories! What a bad mother I am!

Tracey - Oh I hope I am less worried with number 2, hopefully I will be too busy to care how many mls either of them have drunk (actually REALLY hoping I can bf #2).

Lucie's mad antic for today: She has tie things on the bottom of her trousers she is wearing today. She has just been like a dog chasing it's tail and doing 360's on her tum trying to catch it. Oh dear 8-[

STill not overly hungry - 140-150ml a feed. But what can I do???

Fletchie your trolley monster sounds so great. Im so glad lil Zane didnt get bashed at playgroup. See his size is already starting to intimidate! Is a lil tooth surfacing???Wont be long now. I was so suprised though at how off Sammy was. It prob didnt help him getting two at the same time but he really wasnt well with them. Fletchie wtg on the weight loss..well done.

Cass..poor poor Kaitlyn..i hope shes better today...poor lil darling. I print my own dig photos at home on one of those printy things lol but only prob is that you cant print bigger than 6x4 so have on occasion used big w and harvey norman. Hope you enjoyed your tupperware party today..love the champagne brunch idea..might have to steal that one!

Georgie thanks for your suggestions. It really threw me yesterday. I felt sad about it all day. I felt bad for not offering to talk much to the mum who clearly was down and not having a good day. She does tend to be quite hard on her daughter though on the occasions I have seen her. It certainly didnt help that all our bubbies were under 9 months and her daughter was so much older. I hate seeing it ..i always shudder when i see anything like that realising it might be so much worse at home behind closed doors. Georgie Sammy doesnt push up either and while he loves being on his tummy (if hes on his back he will quickly flip) he is making no attempt to move at all. James sounds perfectly fine to me. I tried the baby banana custard with Sammy and he loved it. I havent tried porridge or oats with Sammy but am tempted to start..i love porridge.

Tracey you go girl...ya sneaky thing...why waste sat mornings grocery shopping! Sammys been having nights like Indah for the past two weeks. Its just been boobie boobie boobie...pmsl at the "hairy one"

Soph I dont have a cot bumper but I do have a long caterpilla thingie at the other end of his bed...that wraps around like a bumper. I dont tend to see bumpers around that much anymore. Thats great that Lucie liked her rice cereal with chickenstock....great idea. Thats hilarious that Lucie is chasing the ties on her pants...so very cute..hope you get some great footage of that!

Well we gave Sammy a milk arrowroot biscuit yesterday and he devoured the whole thing and was looking around for more once hed finished :shock: Little piggy loved it!!! We had to miss our music class today as Jess was getting presented with her badges at the assembly her and her fellow school councillors were presenting. I dont think fella will notice too much. Hes so tired poor darling.

Do all of your bubbas love animals? Sammys face just lights up whenever he sees one..whether it is a bird, the cat, the dog..roosters...he thinks they are great..its very cute.

I think i might have to try and have a nap today..so buggered..the lack of sleep is starting to get to me.

Hope its a lovely day for you all.

Jo

8-[ SSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I am at home & just added a pic of Indah from this morning in her newest pink nappy! It is berry tewt!!!

Ok off to get groceries, had to bring my EBM home! ](*,)

Back later!

GeorgieK Guest

Speaking of sneaking around...I've snuck in while DH is doing the dishes!! I got soooo sprung with that comment about him last night - I thought I had closed the browser window when I finished but I hadnt....

Hope you and Kaitlyn had an OK day Cass, so sad to hear that the shots made you both upset. Ive had some digi pics done at BigW, and was quite happy with the prints (they use AGFA machines) and were about 20-25c each. They also have an online program that you can edit them in and submit and pick them up a few days later if you dont have time to fluff around with the machine in the store. Havent tried it yet , its on their website.

LOL at your cravings Cass. I dont have a sweet tooth at all (DH more than makes up for it!), and only had a couple when pg - chicken twisties was one. EXCEPT for the night before I was due, then I absolutely had to have icecream, sent DH out at 9pm to get some, then went into labour at 230am!! And I say go for it with the Maccas Soph, being pg is the best excuse to indulge.

Did you buy much at the t-ware do Cass? Havent been to one in ages, Im sure they have so much cool new stuff. Im glad Im not the only one with a storage fetish 8-[

PMSL Soph at the thought of Lucie doing her mad dog routine, what a great way to keep her entertained for a while! and wtg on the RC and chicken stock...once you find stuff she really likes she will get into it, Im sure. James adores yoghurt and fruit, so I shovel it into him and has got a little pot belly in the last week or so, so hopefully finally putting on some weight. On the cot bumper, we dont use one, and I thought the rationale was that they might suffocate in it. But Lucie is so mobile that I dont think she would get into a position she couldnt get out of IYKWIM, you know a newborn might squidge herslef into a corner and not be able to get out.

Well done on the weight loss Fletch!! =D> Sounds like you have been working really hard, good on you. Oh and my boys....I have 3: James, DH (Bertie) and Brock the dog (a labrador). They all tend to be in bed early, so its just us girls (me and Asha the cat!) who stay up doing naughty ebaying. And thats only cos I have to wait for 1030 - 11 for James' dreamfeed - Im really not much of a night owl!

Tracey, I so know what you mean about second-guessing yourself. Is it teeth, it is tummy pain, what if he has a cold, but there's no temperature, if I give him panadol am I just drugging him to sleep....I am a mess of indecision when things arent going well. We can just do the best we can and hell yeah, this is the hardest job Ive ever done! Obviously a man invented babies cos they fogot the bloody instruction manual....Love th new pic of Indah too, she is such a cutie.

How sweet that Sammy loves animals Jo, James does too. He loves to sit in front of the sliding door and watch Brock the dog, and when they sit together Brock is so patient and lets James pat him and pull his ears and whiskers. James gets into hysterical giggles when Brockie licks his feet. They are so sweet together. And he loves to watch birds in the garden too.

We had a good day - DH was "working from home" so he looked after James and I got to do the shopping without the pram. We have visitors for lunch tomorrow, so I bought a random selection of nice looking stuff and hope like hell it morphs into something edible. Better hit the cookbooks (my storage fetish is only outdone by my cookbook fetish!!)

Thanks for all the encouragement about tummy time too. I might try your approach Fletch and not give up so quickly. One more thing where every baby is an individual, hey.

Good night, sleep well everyone...

Georgie

Hi Girls

LOL Soph on Lucie loving chicken stock with rice cereal! What a great idea!. Kaitlyn tried banana for the first time today and didnt mind it to much. Plus she had her first teething rusk, not that she is teething. She thought she was so lucky , toy in one hand and yummy teething rusk in the other!. She did not let go of it for about an hour!. And mmmmmmm on the big mac ...I must say Maccas is my secret love . I dont eat it alot and I tend not to eat their meat so I usually get a big mac no meat and fill it with chippies ..mmmm love the secret sauce.

Hope you have a better night sleep tonight Tracy!. And good on you for sneaking out a little early to get the shopping done.

Thanks Fletch on the photo tip!. And I get the Cathy thing as well ..I always introduce myself as Cassandra and then move on later to the Cass or Cassie Congrads on your KG this week...That is one thing I love about being on Maternity Leave ..no late meetings that stop me from going for a walk everyday makes getting back into shape so much easier.

Hi Jo thank you for your photo tips as well . LOL about the arrowroot biscuit I saw them just today in the shops and wondered when I could try Kaitlyn on one . Kaitlyn loves cats...or Pussy Cat Meows as we call them . We have two and she just adores them , if you hold her hands and let her stand up she we walk well kinda run actually over to them!.

Thanks to you to Georgie for your photo tips!. Georgie I am as obsessed about cookbooks as storage as well hahaha. I actually went through all my SFI and other weekly cooking magazines the other day and I have over 60 of them!. I had to stop buying them as it was becoming a serious obsession!. I think I might sell them on ebay as I have not even used them hahaha ...I read them and usually cook one thing out of them !

Well Kaitlyn had a better day today thank goodness. Poor baby has had a small fever all yesterday and last night. I had to cancel going for my champagne Brunch and stay home as Kaitlyn was just so upset . Then she did not fall asleep until 10pm last night and most of the time she was screaming!. Honestly those immunisations are so horrible for her . Thank goodness the next lot are not until 12months!

Hope you are all having a nice night ..I better run and get some sleep as last night I was very sleep deprived!

Cass

Oh Cass I hope Kaitlyn is better. I agree the needles are the worst, and I bet 12 months is here before we know it! Kaitlyn sounds so cute with the rusk too.

Georgie - Oh I long for a little pot belly - how cute! Great that James loves his fruit and yoghurt. How did your dinner go?

Tracey - I had a dream about you last night - weird eh? We were talking about cloth nappies - terribly exciting!

Jo - Did you manage to catch up on some sleep? Maybe Sammy will be a vet or something with his passion for animals. Have you taken him to teh zoo or anywhere yet? Imagine that!

Well Lucie is giving me grief re her food. Had a meltdown yesterday. She only took 60ml at 2pm. But then ate half a piece of toast. Had a full bottle at 6pm though but then this am only had 120ml again. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

And now here's my real vent - we had 'suprise' visitors from Brisbane yesterday, which is lovely but they have no idea about kids, love to drink and smoke and were up until 2am last night. I was in bed, but they were so loud (DH was with them though so can't deny him a night of fun every now and then). I just wish they had let us know so I could have been a bit more organised. Plus it looks like we are now flooded in, so who knows how long they will be here for?

Ok that's out of my system. Good news though - looks like we might have sold our house!

OOOH How exciting indeed Soph, I hope I behaved myself!!!

Indah has been waking every night & we went out last night to catch up with friends & although she wasnt crying she wouldnt settle either!

So at 10pm, Dh said we should go, I bet they think we are sooks, but as soon as she was in the car she fell asleep & popped her straight into bed at home, but she woke at 2am, I fed & resettled & she slept til 7am then I fed her & now she is still asleep!!!

Sorry I am off top shower before she wakes up!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Hope your not flooded in for too long with visitors Soph!!!!

Hi Tracey. Love the new ticker! Visitors have gone but baby is not hungry at all - 100ml a feed. :fuming:

GeorgieK Guest

I hope Kaitlyn is having a better day Cass, and you too! Poor little tyke...You are I are kindred spirits girl! I read cookbooks and magazines like they're novels, and of course never remember where that recipe I really want is, and am always stuck for something to cook for dinner!! Hopeless! But DH knows if he ever needs to butter me up, just buy me a new cookbook!

What a day of ups and downs for you Soph! Congrats on your house, thats a weight off your mind I expect. Glad the guests have gone - isnt it a funny thing to cross the line between have-kids and no-kids and look back to the other side?! Havent heard how the floods are going up your way today, hope all is OK and youre not too badly affected. I go a bit stir crazy when it rains for days, so hope youre not climbing the walls!! Wish I could say or do something to help with Lucie....sending lots of good hungry thoughts...it sounds a bit like she goes up and down. Hopefully the ups start to get closer together soon. Try and get some realxing time and dont stress too much.

Tracey, love love love Indah's new ticker picture!

Fletch, I was talking to someone about baby signing the otherday, then noticed you posted to the thread about it in General Baby and Toddler. Are you giving it a go with Zane - is anyone else for that matter? Perhaps you could drop me a pm if you have more info, or even you email, if you want, so we can chat about it.

We had a nice visit with friends yesterday, and I did manage to get a reasonable lunch together, phew! James was fantastic while they were here - he gets lots of cuddles! - but he's teething again and his cold has come back, so he's been cranky last night and today. Hes finally having a good sleep now though, but he hardly ate any dinner last night or breakfast this morning. Custard with apple got rejected, but Im hoping that might just be because hes feeling rotten.

2 hours later.....just as I was typing, James woke up (less than an hour, grrr) and had a good bf but refused any solids. Double grrr. But now he's playing outside with DH and quite happy. Better enjoy it while the happy mood lasts!

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast