Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #4

:fuming: just lost a post Again.I hate that. I can't remember what I had just said

Hi Jo Sorry to hear about your Nan & Aunty. Thanks for the eating vibes, I think we got them this morning Zac had 240ml & 2 whole tablespoons of farex!! \/ Is darren home yet?

Hey Fletch, have you taken your monster shopping yet? Absesses, ewww I get them too, although I could never describe them as colourful as trace has!! Hey Trace, would you consider sharing you hunk with me?

I could use a hunky MAN, instead of a (man?) who wanders around the house at 2am moaning & groaning like an idiot!! Why is it the end of the world when men are sick? I swear last night I was so cranky at Bill, he whinged like a baby for ages I felt like telling him to shut the f up, & puhlease, panadol does not stop you from chucking up!! I guess it's the girl coming out in him. ops did i just say that?

Hey Soph never mind hun, the doctors know what they are doing, she'll be fine!!

Yay for Maria going under water & her weight gain, what a clever little girl you have Louise.

Oh Bec, my heart goes out to you & your family.Have a great time with you Mum!

Georgie, 7.9kg!! I am jealous, WTG James.

Well I have heaps of washing to do & stuff ending on ebay today, ebay is far more important than the washing so I have to sit & watch them.... I love selling stuff!! I wish.

Have a great day!!

Wowweeeee way to go Zac - 240ml and farex!!!!!!!!! Can you see him getting porky Storm?

Yeah!! He was starting to get heavy & he just had 180mls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! much much happy mummy today!!
    A really big, special Thank you JO!!!!! he must have got them, for sure!!

It seems odd to be fussing over mls now, when Zac was first born it was the amount of time he took , he used to take up to 2 hrs to have a feed,but that was because of the teats, I was using orthadontic ones I tried wide neck ones, but it turned out that he only likes the straight up ones, always fussing over sometthing, hey.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Thought I'd poke my head in. Have been trying to keep up with the august bubs to and I'm so pleased everyone is doing so well.

Gem is doing great sitting and rolling and getting up on her knees(whenever mummy turns her back) in the portable cot, on the floor anyywhere and everywhere! Shes just desperate to crawl and gets up on all fours and rocks like crazy then propells herself forward and lands like shes doing a huge belly flop and then just flaps her limbs around!!So cute!Wish she wasn't in such a hurry to grow up!I want to freeze her in time for a while!

Oh and Storm and Soph....Gem is still not a huge eater either and only weighs in at 7.5 kg!(shes really long though)She seems to have really slowed down in the weight department cause shes so active all the time. And shes dropped a bottle!Only has about 4 a day which is a nightmare as she only takes about 100-180 ml each feed!What can you do though. SHes happy and healthy and obviously not a big eater!Go the skinny babies!~

Just back from mothers group and lunch, just love Fridays. Maria isn't as thirsty/hungry as normal either, but she is definitly putting on weight and that makes me happy. She had her needles yesterday, so that wouldn't help.

Kirsty - lol at Gemma trying to crawl, so we will want them to just stay put and be quite.

Storm - wow at the amount that Zac ate this morning, the eating vibes definetly found him.
    And men when they are sick - pathetic, I have yet to find an adult male that doesn't think the world is going to end when he is sick.

Ok more eating vibes this way please!!! No Lucie doing ok today and had about 500ml with 1 feed to go (ok I knew I said I wouldn't count :-k ....) But only took 140ml at the last one.

Hi Kirsty! Yay for long skinny bubs. Certainly not too many rolls on my wittle girl! Although she doesn't look starved. And what can I say, we save $$$'s on formula, there has to be an upside! How is the ms going? Mine has gone, yippppeeeeee! Oh and I worked out they probably won't let me go till October, EDD is 12th September so we may not both have October bubs. Although I do want this one to cook for as long as possible. No more jaundice issues again please!

Louise - Lucie was particularly bad feeding a couple of days after her needles too. Certainly messes them up a bit.

Storm - Yeap it used to take an easy hour to feed Lucie too. But now I have about a 10-15 minute window and then she gets bored/tired/sick of it and that's it. All over red rover. So we use a really fast flowing teat and hope that she sucks a heap in during that time.

Well got to go and put some make up on. Goodness it's been a while! Checking out a rental house and then out to dinner. Won't be too late though 'cos Lucie is coming. She had an awesome night sleep last night. Went down like a gem and woke only twice, 1.30am and 4.30am. It was sooooo nice!

8-[ Oh Dear, Indah is a pig, now I am worried my kid is eating TOO much!!!
    I give her a boob feed at 6am usually about 10 mins (not sure of amount tho) Then at about 10am, My sis or Mum give her a bottle of EBM about 220-250ml (polishes it off) she then has mashed banana os similar abut 2 tbs, then at 2ish has another 220-250ml bottle of EBM & then at 5 I always pop her on boob just to keep my supply up as well as expressing during the day... Then she has veggies & a bath & I give her a bottle of formula, last night she was whinging after 250ml, so DH made another 100ml & she drank about 70ml of that & crashed!! I dont even know how much that is, but it seems alot!!!???

What do you think???

Anyone wanna borrow my hunky man, that's fine by me!!!! hee hee

I have a wedding 2moro & CBF, but have to go... But I am too chubberly to fit into anything & my boozies will explode by end of night too!!! ](*,)

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWww to the post on Cysts to funny!. I know someone whos hubby had one on their bum they had to have it removed and then get a stitch!!! not nice ...but yet I am giggling just a little ..sorryyyyyyyy.

My internet has been down for over 24hours...I have felt stranded arghh. Missed out on some JJ's . There is one finishing at 7PM tonight so I am going to go hell for leather to get it!! It is in the Shire and I am going over that way on Sunday to get some Pixie photos done of princess Kaitlyn.

Soph
    ..sorry to hear Lucie has to have an op. Not nice..but at least it is fixable. As long as it is able to be fixed then it is ok ....she will not remember it only you will. I love that lucie is crawling and sitting!!!.

Bec sorry we missed you today ..hope you are having run with your mum. Next Friday is at Centenial park again , bring your lunch as we are going to have a picnic if everyone has time!.

Louise
    hope you enjoyed your picnic lunch after MG today!.

Tracy
    I think that is a great amount to eat!. Kaitlyn is an average eater I think ...not big or small but she is still a big bubs anyway with little rolls of chub on her legs and even on her feet!. Dh says she has Kankles ( fat ankles hahahaha)

I hope so much to get one of these JJ's , once I set my mind to something I cant stop working at it until it happens!. Used to be work projects..now it is JJ's Ahhhh how life has changed!.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Kirsty77 Guest

Owww your so lucky Soph that your m/s has gone!Mine has just kicked it up a knotch! I feel sick all day and night! Luckily Gem hardly ever wakes during the night which helps but Corey is on 2 weeks annual leave from today!YAY!So I'm about to get some help. Now if only the m/s would go away I could enjoy the next 2 weeks!

Hi Girls ,

just sent DH our to get me an icecream \/ cheeky thing!. I love Friday as it is take out night ..so we have either Chinese or Pizza ..mmmm no cooking !.

I have been meaning to ask you girls a little question that is a little embarassing for poor princess Kaitlyn ...telling her personal stuff . Just wondering if your bubs poos changed alot when solids were introduced. Kaitlyn has gone from one very soft poo a day to up to 3 x Playdoo like poos a day!. Is this normal?????

I lost my JJ auction tonight ..arghhhh someone outbid me at the last second. I went back in to out bid them but I missed out by 1 sec!!!! ARGHHHHHH and it only sold for just under $65.00 including stand ...double arghhhh . Oh well I will keep trying as I am a woman with a mission now!.

Hope you are having a nice night, nothing on tele so plenty of time for play on the web!.

Cass

Hi Everyone

Storm..im so happy the eating vibes sent are working..wtg lil man.. :eat: :eat: :eat: Darren is home now well sort of..hes doing a show tonight then works tomorrow then is doing a wedding tomorrow night...we get to see him Sunday..sigh...just busy time of year. Poor Bill...they really are sooks arent they...puleeeeze!!!

Bec sweets please take all the time you need. I can imagine its been an emotional time for you. Josh sounds like hes doing wonderfully. Hes the same length as Sammy too! Hope you have a lovely time with your mum..no doubt little Josh will get spoilt rotten as all precious babies deserve to be!

Louise you poor chook you do sound as if you have been busy. How many cakes do you make? That is so great when that Maria has tripled in weight...you must feel so proud. Whoohooo on going underwater too...i guess the more prepared she is the better for her Christening.

Soph...great to hear the morning sickness is leaving. Wow at pulling herself up..wont be long til shes walking! More eating vibes being sent your way. Hope you had a lovely dinner tonight too and gorgeous girl sleeps well for you.

Hiya Kirst...nice of you to pop in. Gem sounds like she is doing just wonderfully. Sorry to hear the ms is giving you grief. Enjoy your time with your hubbie...2 weeks sounds heavenly. Yours and Sophs pregnancies are just flying along.

PMSL Trace...hope you squeeze your boozies into something for the wedding. I honestly couldnt tell you what is alot..i dont really ever express so not really sure how much Sammy is drinking at a time. :smt102 He does snack alot though..prob 7 feeds a day and three meals a day...with snacks offered though sometimes he really wont eat much at all.

Bugga on losing the jj auction..Cass better luck next time. I promise to never divulge the secrets about poor princess Kaitlyn...my lips are sealed :-# It certainly sounds normal to me. Of course all bubbies are different but it stands to reason that the consistencey and frequency will change. Sammy is as regular as clockwork and does one every morning but with solids now it has definitely thickened in texture.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes for my nanna. Its always lovely seeing her. Sammy just lights up her eyes...he was so lovely and warm towards her too ..it was lovely. Weve been taking lots of photos.

Nights have still been shocking lately..im not sure what else i can do..lil boy just seems to want the extra comfort of being with me which is perfectly understandable i know but i am getting very tired! Fortunately we have a pretty quiet weekend with nothing really planned so the kids and i can just chill a bit.

Well...ive just walked out of the lounge...am watching the exorcism of emily rose and was getting a bit spooked but i will be brave and go back and watch it again 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

Jo

OOOH JO was it a good movie? I am so busting to see it! Funny though, if Zac was a girl he was gonna be Emily Rose :shock:
    Hope Sammy settles soon, maybe it's teeth? Distasters always seem to happen in the wee hours of the night don't they. Zac woke up screaming the other morning & it took me 1/2 hr to settle him, I was a bit hysterical myself, as this was the first time anything like it had happened! I thought he was hurt, really weird, as he has just cut 2 teeth, I wasn't thinking that,, maybe he had a bad dream.

Oh dear Cass, sorry about the JJ, better luck next time.

Not much happening here, Bill has gone fishing....again.....
    And Zac has been feeding really well,( those vibes did wonders Jo)
    I think the least amount of formula he had today was 120, but then wanted more 1hr later, so yippee I say, progress, next month I hope he has gained heaps of weight.Will be a bit nervous going back to have him weighed, but hopefully will be worth it [-o<

GeorgieK Guest

Man, I am not going anywhere near those abcesses....yuck-o-rama!! I love the way we have a fascination for these things.....

Storm, it sounds like Zac has picked up these last couple of days, Im so glad, you sound much less stressed. Dont get him weighed too soon though!! Yep, you're right on, there's always something to worry about. We'll look back on it...one day....and laugh. LOL at your poor hubby, arent they just such babies? Mine wanders around saying "obviously you dont love me"..all he needs is a little blankie to drag to make the picture complete. Pitiful. And we go through childbirth! Ha! Have to say, Bill cant have been all that sick if he's off fishing!! (unless thats his job of course??)

Im glad Lucie's eating well too yesterday, Soph. That full moon must have passed

Go Maria, underwater! How exciting. How are the preparations for her christening going Louise? A couple of the mums in my group are tearing their hair out over theirs, so I hope youre not too stressed.

Bec, a hug for you... Hope your mum had a good visit - its hard when they're far away. My parents are down near Albury so we dont get together very often; its harder on them since James was born, first grandchild etc.

Im with you Kirsty - go skinny babies!! Its all these super-chubba-wubbas that make our pocket rockets "under". Two babies in my mum's group are 10kgs+, which is off the bleeding chart for 6 months! James is taller than both of them though, ha! Sounds like Gemma is doing really well. I hope your ms calms down and you can enjoy the time with your hubby.

Tracey, PMSL at your boozies! Have to say a wedding must be a pretty good excuse to go shopping for boozie-accomodating wear Thought Ive found it hard to find things that are bf friendly and not super-daggy I went to wedding a few months back and mum looked after James. Even though I took him to the ceremony, then took him to Mum and fed him, I was bursting by the time we got home a few hours later. He'd just finsihed the ebm Id left for him, but I stuck him on anyway - poor thing was overflowing after that!

I spoke to my MCHN about whether babies can eat too much, cos James just got stuck into the soilds in the first weeks. She seemed to think at this age it wasnt really possible. James' feeding is on the up again too, and both last night and tonight he ate 6 tbs food. He just opens and I post it in! He does tunr away, which I take to mean "full" though. And once they start to get moving, they'll burn it up so fast. Dont think you need to worry.

Cass, Im so jealous of your takeout night....DH is on a diet so its off our menu, bummer Dont worry about Kaitlyn's poo, that's exactly what happened to James'. He did get constipated though, so watch out for that (as in hard little pellets). Prune juice in rice cereal everyfew days works wonders. But the plasticine poo is normal. Poor James, I tell everyone about his poo! I'll probably turn into one of those tissue-licking face-wiping, chase him down the street with his lunch "awww muuuuum" type mothers!!

Jo, glad to hear Darren is home again. Even though I lived alone for ages, I still hate being alone now when Bertie is away. Im sorry to hear about your nan, but its good that you and esp Sammy are getting to spend some time with her. Im a real sook with scary movies, so youre my hero for today for going back in! Dead spooky that Zac was going to be Emily Rose though Storm 8-[

Fletch, you sound flat out, hope you get some time to put your feet up! Thanks for the basketball invite - you must be DESPERATE though, cos I might be tall but I am soooo un-co! And havent played b-ball since yr 10 PE! Do you need to know the rules or be any good???

We've has a busy few days, but "jorgeous james" (thanks Fletch )is doing well, had a couple of good eating days. Yoghurt makes everything yummy!! We spent the day in the garden, taking out the summer vegies and planting lots of new winter ones. Still have eggplants up to our armpits though! Anyone got any good recipes??

Sleep well.....

Georgie

p.s. Oh, Storm, I always write in Word then cut and paste into the post window. I am so sick of losing stuff too!

Hello Everyone!

Georgie - Wow James is a feeding machine!!!!! 6 tbs! And I am so jealous re your vegie patch. I would love to have one. Found an eggplant recipe for you in my babies cook book - Bolognese Sauce with Aubergine. Maybe James the Feeding Machine can reduce the stockpile for you? Would you like the recipe? It does say for 9-12 months though.

Storm - So glad Zac has perked up a bit for you. Did Bill catch any fish?

Jo - Hope you've had a better weekend on the sleeping front. Poor Sammy really has been fighting it lately hasn't he.

Cass - Have you had any success with the JJ? And don't worry about poohy questions - Lucie's have been the same but she maybe does 2 poohs a day instead of just one. But yeah they can be thicker too.

Kirsty - ms reared it's head vaguely this am, but no puke luckily! Hope you start to feel better soon. You going to find out the sex of this one? I'm sure we're destined for another girl!

Tracey - Indah needs to eat so much to keep up the hair supply! It all goes straight on top of her head! Hope you found a stunning outfit to wear to the wedding.

Well pretty bad weekend here. Lucie had a power spew last night - threw up 100ml that she'd had and then the solids - sweet potato. That's the 2 out of 2 times she's power spewed on sweet potato, so that's definately off the menu now. She did take another 100ml before going to sleep which was good. Today has been slow though - 2 x 150ml and about a 20ml spew. Had me in tears again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's so hard to feed this child. More hungry vibes this way please!

GeorgieK Guest

Yes, please Soph! There's always room in the recipe folder for one more recipe hey Cass!

It seemed to work last time when Jo did it, so here are some eating vibes for Lucie (but only if you promise not to keep measuring spew girl! This way madness lies!) :eat: :eat: :eat: It must be so frustrating, and easy for me to say too, but please please please try to stress a little less. You are a good mum :hugs: I had a thought too, while making James dinner tonight: does Lucie have dairy yet? If she does, have you tried putting some grated cheese in her vegies when theyre warm so its melts? Its a little sweet, and lots of fat too! I use a "mild cheddar" and James really likes it.

Its been a bit hot here today, so we headed to the pool this afernoon, which was nice. But now we're all totally shagged - James crashed at 645 and DH and I arent far behind him. Supposed to be studying, but Im going to veg on the couch with a glass of wine.

Has everyone else had a good weekend? Good sleeping vibes to you all!

Georgiiiiiiiiiiii :sleeping:

:-k I wore a top & panys & I was bursting out so we left at 9pm.... Which was good coz it was then a 45min drive!!! The breast pads were soggy & I had a tender left boozie but managed to fix that!
    I didnt buy anything, just wore something I had!!! Trying to save $$$ so I can get a bigger/better car for #3, so looks like DH will go home for 2 weeks to bali to see family & take plenty pic's etc of the girls...
    I suggesyed itm he said No, but i think after 2-3 years of not going home they will want to see him & he misses them... I know if things were reversed I'd want to go see my family!!!
    So we will see what happens....

Now Soph, Maddy was a spewer up until about 9 months of age & I remember crying... I'd give her a bottle & as I'd sit her up to burp her she'd power spew across the room & I'd burst into tears!!!
    The DR told me even though it looked like heaps coming out, it was only usually about 10-15% of the bottle mixed with saliva etc!!! They suggested I feed her sitting upright almost to help her milk get into her tummy & not sit up so high & come back out!? Not sure but it may help!!!?? Please try not too worry!

Today we went with a friend & sat in a beer garden & picked at food & had a beer or 2! Then we went for a walk around & then grabbed an icecream & came home.... Blooming hot, although I do love it!!!!

Ok better go now I am really tired!

* Soph, Indah has been drinking from her mag mag thru the straw all day today & rarely plutters now!!!

Hi Girls!

Jo
    I hope you did not get to freaked out by the movie. I have such an overactive imagination I just cant watch those sort of things.I hope you and Sammy are getting some more :sleeping:

Glad to hear Zac is feeding so well Storm and I hope your hubby caught some yummy fish!.

Georgie so jealous of your vege garden!!!. Have you thought about roasting some of the eggplant and then storing it in some olive oil..so yummmmm. I dont have a recipe but I know what to basically do it as I do it with a few different veges so let me know if you want a basic 1.2.3 on how to . And dont worry Georgie I am a big baby and hate being home alone....so hard to fall asleep and I check everything is locked about a million times!. And I hear ya on the recipes ..never have to many!

Soph dont stress darling...she is obviously eating what she needs . As adults you get really skinny people that eat HEAPS and sometimes larger people who dont eat much , who knows why but our bodies are all different and need different amounts . Kaitlyn does not always finish every bottle ..in fact now she is on solids she is drinking less then ever. You know ..if you and I were breastfeeding we would have no idea how much Kaitlyn and Lucie would be eating just that they were satisfied...maybe that is why breastfeeding is encouraged hehe. I hope tomorrow Lucie wakes up and just EATS her way through the day !.

Well we have had a nice weekend , Kaitlyn tried plums and peas (not together obviously) and yum yum yum she loved them. We made a trip of to Pixi photos today to have some shots done of Princess Kaitlyn which did not go to well . She would not really smile and was not very happy about the whole situation. We got a couple of her in the most adorable fairy outfit! I was not to worried that she did not preform on queue as I just figure that is who she is today and that is what I want the photos of....my true little Kaitlyn!.

Still no luck on the JJ ....arghhhhhh. I am working on it though.

You know I think we all have guilt as parents ...today I was worried that Kaitlyn is not crawling or sitting up because I let her spend to much time standing !. I know this seems kinda silly but I was still worried

I hope you girls are all having a nice night , I am enjoying a nice glass of red !

Cass

Oh Cass a glass of red...yummo. I swear DH plans to keep me pg for the next 10 years so he can have a designated driver! And you are so right re BF. That's why I really want to BF #2, then I will have no idea! Did you puree the plums and peas? Meaning to try peas, might give it a go tonight. Don't worry about Kaitlyn either. She'll probably just take off walking. Trust me it's soooo much harder when they crawl. Particularly if you are trying to change a nappy or dress them. VERY difficult!

Tracey - Yeah I know re the spews, and she honestly doesn't (touch wood) do big ones like that much more. Think the sweet potato just doesn't agree with her. Yay on the mag mag too. I will keep perservering and hopefully Lucie will get the hang of swallowing too. She sucked some of my soda water through a straw the other day. The look on her face with the bubbles was priceless! Your day sounds lovely, hope you had a relaxing night too.

Georgie - Yeah I am mad, haven't you worked that out yet? hehehehhehe What are you studying? Your day at the pool sounds great too. Did James love splashing about.

Well Miss moo is going mental, think she needs a sleep. So we will have an hour or two together..........

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast