Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #8

Default Babies Born August 2005 #8

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    nellbe - [email protected]
    *Shannon* - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Storm
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 9th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3290 (7.2)- Length 52cm- Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Zachary
    Baby's Website: nope, sorry
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) heart murmur & a hydrocele
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced by arm, due to 2 vessel cord

Forum Name: Melody
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 4.13k / 9lb 1oz
    Baby Name(s): Hunter Karl
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/melodyandrew/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:Vaginal Birth

Forum Name: Yvette
    State: Vic
    Babies' DOB: 24th August 2005
    Babies' Stats: Weight – Asha 3075g/6lb 12, Lauren 2670g/5lb 14 Length – Asha 48cm, Lauren 47cm
    Head Circ -Asha 35cm, Lauren 33.5cm
    Gender of Babies: Identical twin girls
    Baby Name(s): Asha Frances & Lauren Rose
    Babies' Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/twingirlslb/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: induced by arm at 38 weeks 2 days, normal vaginal birth

Forum Name: Wheatie (Soph)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucie Maria
    Baby's Website: Not yet!
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Was induced due to high BP. Lucie went back into hospital less than 24 hours after coming home as she wasn't feeding - turns out she was jaundiced and needed some tanning time! Mum now expressing and bottlefeeding as confidence was seriously dented!!!

Forum Name: B456
    Baby's DOB: 24/8/05
    Baby's Stats: 3230 grams, 51cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Silent reflux
    Notes: Born by c-section under a general anasethic (epidural did not work). I had preeclampsia - C/s was elective. She is bottle fed and is 'hyper alert'.

Forum Name: kitten2b
    Baby's DOB: 27th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Maria Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) 5 weeks 4 days early.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3.5weeks in newborn care.

Forum name: Bec77
    Baby's DOB: 27 August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight: 1796g / 3lb15oz - Length: 46cm - Head Circ: 31.7cm
    Baby's Name: Joshua Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuamichael
    Health Concerns: Nil
    Notes: Joshua was born @ 32+4. He spent 4 weeks in special care but is fine now!

Forum Name: Mummy2Kaitlyn ( Cass)
    State: Sydney
    Baby's DOB: 29th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - Weight 4.154Kg/9pound 2Oz , 52Cms long
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Kaitlyn Ava
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Suffering from the "flat head Syndrome" that seems to have come about due to the SIDS sleep on the back recommendation. We just narrowly avoided having to be fitted with a helmet to correct it last week ...phew ...always get a second opinion!. Other then that she is a healthy little bubs!
    Notes: 26.5 Hour labour ....lonnnggg, she was a very big bubs so took a little while to make her way out!. And when she arrived she looked like a little Budda with her fat rolls. SOOO cute!.

Previous thread is HERE...

OMG Trace! Norty DH!

Hi Everyone, just a fleeting post from me......
    Test was darker today
    Got Zac weighed, wait for it...... 8.35kgs
    omg omg omg I dont beleive it
    **ETA** OOOO I was first hehehe

Well done, nice weight the Zaccie!!!

Also Storm WOOO HOO on the darker line!!!

Yep Norty DH, I told him I hoped it wasnt my Mothers Day present, he just laughed & said, Nope, but now I cant afford to get you what i wanted to get you so, you get.... nothing!!!

He then laughed & went to have a shower, bugger!

We are going out on Sunday morning for Brekky, with my Mum, Dad & sister... So that's Ok I dont want or need anything!

I know maddy has made me something & I am going to her school's concert on Friday morning!!!

Ok off to have lunch... Left over tuscan meatballs, they really werent all that bad!!!

Hello ladies...im sooo sad...Olivia was chosen to read out a piece she had written for mothers day over the radio and I have missed it!!! We raced home from a friends house to be home by 12 and after waiting for half an hour discover that the school had given us the wrong station..its such a bummer.

Jo

Oh bummer Jo! Have you read it yet? Maybe you could ask her to do a special performance live for you, or ring the station, they may be able to give you a copy?

Storm - Awesome weight gain, I am soooooooooooooo jealous! Lucie can only be losing ATM being sick. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tracey - Bummer on the ticket, and I hope he was joking about the present!

Hello everyone else!

Lucie is slowly on the mend I hope. No more spews since 5am, now just some very stinky diarrhea.

Fingers crossed Lucie is on the mend Soph..poor darling. No more spews today is a good sign. Hopefully whatever was upsetting her is all flushed out.

Storm you gotta be happy with little Zaccie's weight gain...thats wonderful.

Bugga on the ticket Trace. I bet hes already got you something special! Your plans for Sunday sound nice too. Not sure what we are doing yet.

Well we have managed to get a copy of the recording so all is not lost. I still feel like the worst mummy ever though..sigh..

Jo

Awe hugs Jo, atleast you still get to hear her, bet it is just beautiful!!
    Oh no, Soph, poor little Lucie, hope she has gotten rid of all the yuckies now.
    UH Oh Trace, I hope he was joking too! Not fair, I hope you get a great mummy's day pressie.

OI Fletch,How is Zane today? Did you try the vapouriser? Hoping he is better.

Yay on Zaccie's weight It sure was a shock, but the cow nurse lady told me I am making him suffer seperation anxeity WTF??!! & told me he needs to be in his own room now. NO No No he doesnt!!!!!!!!!!! I like him right where he is & that is where he is staying! She was really against co-sleeping too, don't think I will be telling her what goes on anymore:mad:

Have a nice night Ladies.

Awwww Storm...how can she in one breath say you are making him suffer separation anxiety and then say he needs to be sleeping in his own room. Silly woman! Sammy will be sleeping in our room til hes good and ready to cope with sleeping in his own which is all the way at the other end of the house. Grrrr at the silly woman.

Jo

Storm, something I learned a long time ago...
    Tell them what THEY want to hear & keep the rest to yourself!

I cant listen to babies noises, but that's just me, funnily enough most people bag me for not co sleeping, but I just would never get any sleep, I cant handle clocks ticking or taps dripping... It keeps me awake! But I take whatever a MCHN says with a grain of salt... so just ignore her!

OOOH Jo, dont feel bad, I know I always do if I miss something or forget something, but really we can only do what we can do... Atleast you have a copy now & all is not lost!!!

Soph, poor Lucie, I hope she is back to herself tomorrow & becomes an eating machine for you!!!!

I know DH will have grabbed me something... But what I dont know!!!??? He always tells me he cant afford to grab anything, but then always has something!!!! sneaky bugger!

I am starting to worry & become quite sad... I have been expressing twice a day since returning to work mid Jan, but daily the amount I can get is barely enough for the 2 bottles she takes while I am away from her!!! I exclusively Breastfeed her as she needs/wants on weekends, but during the week my supply is depleting... I already give her a formula feed every night after her bath as my boobs are just dried up prunes by then...
    I am not wanting to stop altogether but I am thinking as I havce only 220ml of EBM in the freezer, that by then end of this week or month at the longest, I really wont be able to get 400+ml during the day anymore... Would I be really bad if I just expressed the 1 bottle or simply as much as I could & sent an extra bottle of formula off with Mum or my sister???
    I would still breastfeed in mornings & when I got home from work & as much as she would need on weekends maybe topping her up if needed on weekends.. Plus expressing during the day just the one bottle????

OOOH I am not wanting to stop, but it's really starting to worry me that my EBM isnt gonn abe suffice!!!!??

Oh what to do what to do.... AAAAARRRGGGGHH Mothering is a hard task!

Fletch I hope Zane & yourself are feeling OK!!!!

Jo - You are sooooo not the worlds worst mum, it was an honest thing to happen. And you can make such a big deal out of it and play it over and over again now. What a lovely daughter you have! You will have to let us know what she says.

Storm - Silly MCHN I say. Like you don't know what you are doing, just look at your other kids! Don't worry about her.

Tracey - Bugger about the supply running low. Is there something you can take to increase it? I find it sooooo inspirational that you love BF Indah and couldn't do it with Maddy - it gives me so much hope!

Lucie is currently nibbling on a bit of toast which is a good sign too. She won't have any juice atm though but I think she is ok. Wow that poopa has stunk out the entire house though, sorry TMI I know!

Thanks guys..i do feel better. I felt so awful before. We got a note home yesterday saying what station it was and then today realizing their mistake rang around to let people know only rang here got the machine as I was out ..didnt leave a message and rang Darren at work. They said theyd rung home so naturally Darren assumed they had left a message..they hadnt! She has done such a lovely little touching piece though..clever chookie.

Fletchie we will miss you soooo much. I hope you and Zaney have fun looking at the cows and have so much fun with your family that the time simply flies by! I bet your DH will have the best mothers day pressie for you when he gets back home. Big cuddles for Zaney...so hope he feels better soon.

Soph I am so glad Lucie is starting to nibble a bit. Poor munchkin. It really is awful when bubs are sick. Lets hope this is the end of all the bugs going around making all the bubbies sick.

Trace I so hope you can get your supply up. You have done a marvelous job though so you must be so very proud of yourself keeping it up like you have....wtg!

Well Ive just had a lovely relaxing bath so am feeling so much better. Kids are all in bed...bliss!!!

Jo

Jo - i hope the rest of your night was just as relaxing!

Fletch - Thinking of you matey. Drive carefully on your trip ok.

Well Lucie has kept down the 130ml I gave her at 4.30am. Yay! Fingers crossed she is better. A bit of diarrhea still but that may also be due to all the fruit juice. She was sleeping on my chest after her bottle and of course I had to grab the bucket for a very pleasant morning hug - yeap i have it now too. Soooooooooooooooooooooo tired

OOOh, all you poor Mumma's & Bubba's having some ytucky vomiting diahorrea bug!! Keep it there though, I so dont want or need it!!!!

Fletch, I am certain you will be duly spoilt by Scott upon his return from US!!! But I can imagine it is sad him not being there for your first Mothers Day... Well Big hugs from us!!! Hope Zane is feeling better soon too...

Soph, oooh, nice that Lucie has shared her bug with you!!! Poor little chooks!!!

Jo, what a silly person to have not left a message, I hate hang ups on my phone, but lately at 7pm we have had sellers calling & I have been feeding or bathing Indah so Maddy answers (DH hates answering the phone) & they ask her if her Mum is home so she brings phone to me & holds it to my ear (coz I am busy) then they ask is this Mrs Tracey....? I say Yeah & then the spiel starts & I just tell maddy to hang up, I dont listen... Hmm, they are so annoying!!!
    But glad you have it on tape to play over & over!
    I am drinking Aktavite to help increase milk & will grab another jar of fenugreek this w/end!!! Hopefully it will allow me to keep feeding til Indah weans...
    Soph, I just constantly asked for help in the hospital & not once had any grazing or anything I truly believe it is baby & Mum working together & nothing I tried with maddy worked, but Indah just took to it so well....
    I hope you get to feed if you want to as it is a beautiful time for us to share together!!! But I honestly dont feel maddy missed out on any bonding so fear not!!!

Be safe Fletch.

Oh Tracey, I have no idea how to help re your supply.But I hope it recovers soon for you.But I cant see why a formula bottle wont be ok in the meantime though, dont worry, you're doing a great job. I hate those phone dags too, even more than the ones that come to your door.Why dont they understand the word no?

Poor, poor Soph, I hope you are getting better.Poor Lucie too.yay for her eating some toast though & keeping it down.

Hope you had a nice relaxing evening Jo.

I'm having a bit of a problem with Zac He has decided that he now has a bottle at 9.30am & then sleeps til 2.30ish, I'm not one to wake a sleeping baby but this is just too much. I will be waking him soon, I have to go to the dr, What can I do? This is his day.
    7.30 wake up have 180mls
    8am brekky
    9.30 another 180mls, fall asleep
    2.30 240mls
    3, some form a solids
    5pm 180ml, back to bed
    6.30-7 up for shower & dinner.
    8pm 180ml & bed.
    This just seems too much sleep & too much milk.Although maybe he is catching up on sleep from his 3 horrid nights, but that was last week, OH I am confused. I dont want a baby that sleeps all day too, I get lonely.....

Storm,
    Here's generally what Indah does during the week..
    6:30am wakes up & is breast fed (no idea of amount)
    7:15am My sister arrives to pick Indah up...
    7:45am Brekky
    10am she has a bottle of EBM 220ml goes to bed
    2pm wakes up & has some lunch or bottle
    2:30ish has either bottle or lunch depending on what she had at 2,
    back to bed after a play but get's woken at 3:30 to collect kids from school, so sometimes is put in pram so she can stay asleep...
    5pm she is brought back to me & I see how she goes but generally offer her breast around 5:30ish..
    She then goes for a nap of about 45mins...
    She has dinner around 6:30
    7pm bath, 7:45 a bottle of EBM or Formula depends if I have enough EBM...
    in bed by 8pm...

Not sure that helps or not, but Indah tends to have a longish morning sleep.....

He may just need it ATM & is having a growth spurt so is sleepy/hungry....?

Dont worry he will change again shortly & you'll wonder why he's not eating & always wide awake!!! LOL

*ETA I think they are having similar Milk intake...

This has only been happening for about 2 weeks, so no doubt she will start being awake more soon too, just like a few weeks ago...

I noticed last night that her top tooth is totally cut through just not able to see it very well, but she also did a few proper crawls last night too...
    Last edited by Tracey; May 10th, 2006 at 10:25 AM. Reason: adding extra text

Ok girls I promise to keep germies here and not share them. It's really not nice. My stomach is so crampy and sore and bubba #2 just likes to kick it.

Wow Storm what a lot of milk!!! That's fantastic Zaccy! I reckon it is agrowth spurt. The boy is making up for lost time. Maybe you could do more solids for lunch and miss one of the bottles, so after his longer sleep give him so vegies or something? I dunno!

Here is what Lucie usually does

5.30am Wakes -130ish mls then back to sleep for an hour or so

7ish - Solids (yoghurt usually)

10ish - 200mls then sleep till about 11ish

Around 12 I give her some solids, biccies, cheese or 2 min noodles usually

2ish - 200ml and another sleep of about 1 hour

5.30 - solids (or attempt to at least!)

7.15ish - about 150ml and then to bed.

Hope that helps? Who knows with these babies though!

Its funny how the bubbies are all so different isnt it.

Sammy wakes at 7 -7:30 and has a breastfeed after several feeds during the night!!!

8:00 will have breakfast..rice cereal or mushed fruit or mushed milk arrowroots...still not liking weetbix and then have some toast to nibble on.

10:00 breast feed and bed for an hour.

11:00 Up and has a snack..either piece of fruit, biccie,carrot,celery or something.

12:00 Lunch of mushed vegies..normally pumpkin, or banana mushed with kiwifruit or baked beans or pasta, vegemite sandwhich

1:00 Breast feed and bed for hour.

3:00 Snack..fruit and biccie

5:00 Breast feed and sleep for 30 mins to hour sometimes...sometimes wont have sleep at all

6:30-7 Dinner mushed vegies and then will finger feed himself portion of what we are having.

8:30 breast feed and bed..will need resettling couple of times but normally out by 10

Jo

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast