Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #8

Hi Girls ,

sorry just a quick one to say hi! . Just had the folks over for Pizza and Moet to celebrate my 30th Bday...better change my age thingo...soooooooo dont want to !.

Hope you are all well ...good luck with the house Soph.

Cass

Happy Birthday Cass! Hope you had a lovely day. Yum...pizza and Moet!

Louise, I hope Maria is feeling better soon. We haven't had the runny nose here just yet fortunately. Hopefully the new teeth will pop through soon and give her a break too.

Soph, I hope Lucie is still going well with her bottles. How did you go with the house? And yep, 500ml is all Josh generally has most days. He has 3 bottles during the day and a dreamfeed at night. On average he has about 100ml from each day bottle and 200ml at his dreamfeed. Sometimes if he's extra hungry, he might have 150ml from his day bottles. He will have maybe 50-100ml of juice/water from a sippy cup during the day as well.

Storm, hope to see you back online soon!

Jo, Brooke, Fletch, Tracey, Georgie (are you out there?!)...hi!

We've had a nice day - we went out to lunch with a friend and her little girl who is the same age as Josh. We had a nice lunch and a chat and the bubs had a nice lunch and a chat too! They babble away to each other, back and forth - very cute!

So glad you had a happy bday Cass...its not so bad getting to 30 after all lol.

Its so cute isnt it Bec how bubbas seem to have their own fascination for each other and their own little language.

Hope your modem lets you get on tomorrow Storm.

Jo

Happy B'day Cass!!!
    Sorry Ladies, my sis was sick & so I had to leave work & pick up Indah & then just got caught up doping stuff!?

Glad Zane is better fletch & wont be long now, hmmm baby #2, might get made with all the missing him!!!!
    Soph, Hope Lucie's poo are better too & she can get back into a real bottle!
    Hi Jo how's sammy?
    Bec, how's Josh doing sounds like lunch was fun for both of you.

Hi Brooke & Charli, what's the plan for today!??

Also everyone else HI!!!!!!

Hello Ladies!

Tracey - Back into real bottles now, still runny poopas but not as bad. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

Happy B'day for yesterday Cass! Pizza and Moet sounds awesome!

Storm - Grrrrr re your computer. I hope it feels better soon!

Bec - Wow great to know re the bottles, thanks! I take it Josh is going really well with solids. That is fab. Sounds like he is wanting to cut down on his milk anyway. He is doing so well!

Hi Fletch - Glad Zane is better. Hope you are ok.

Brooke - Ahhh thanks for that info re the blocks. I was thinking about getting some for Lucie!

Zap - I'm not sure re toys, Lucie is growing out of a lot of hers. I did get her a fisher price piano thing when she was about 3 months old and she loves it. It is now as a stand up piano and transforms from a dangly lie down thing when they are young. But it's one of those toys you get when they are really young and change as they go, so probably a waste now.

Well we had the worst night ever with Lucie last night. After having over 800ml :eek: yesterday she woke at 11.30pm and would not settle at all. At 2.30am I thought, what the heck I'll make up a small bottle and see what happens. She scoffed the lot (only 110ml - she would have had more if it was there though!). Now to you guys that's not a big deal, but i NEVER have to give her bottles during the night, and NEVER have (apart from when we were waking her every 3 or 4 hours when she was little and jaundiced). So bizarre. Then at 6.30am she had another 210ml!!!! Fingers crossed she keeps this up and makes up for the weight loss!

Oh and we are going to put an offer on that townhouse tomorrow. Fingers crossed we get a bargain!

Indah has the Hippo thingy & loves it, plus she has a tub full of those peekaboo blocks, an elephant thingy from Fisher Price that uses the blocks & an Ark thingy!!!

Um, a 1 yr old???? I am trying to think whta Maddison liked the best... I won for her a small plastic ride on motorbike & she loved that... Also she loved bug finders...
    My Mum recently won on E-bay a motorised car for Indah's 1st b'day (it's for 3-8yr olds) & it is remote controlled she can sit in it & we can remote control her around, it was about $79 she had been watching & bidding for a month or so, til she finally won one...
    Another good things is one of those painting/chalkboard easels!...
    Ok not sure if any of that has helped, I guess it depends on what the child is in to, Maddy also is a book worm...

Soph, WOW go Lucie Go, soon you'll have to put her on a diet!!! hee hee

Indah had a feed at 5am & then woke at 7am & fed again, before I dropped her in at mum's!!! She normally doesnt wake for a feed....

Lots of hungry bubbas!! Soph that is so great. Maybe Lucie is making up for when shes been sick...shes got lots of catch up milk to have. You must be stoked! Cant wait to hear about the townhouse!

Trace maybe Indah is having a growth spurt!

I have a sore bb today...ive been massaging it a bit cos felt bit lumpy. Sammy has been feeding sooo much but then a couple of times yesterday he would start and then pull of as he got distracted and then want to do something else. It hurts!

I am waiting at home now for the foxtel guy to come and install digital in for us...whhoohoool. Hes running late though..hope hes not too much longer.

Well looks like..despite my protestations that we might be buying a horse for the kids. We just have to make sure that the land we want to lease for it is available and then put the horse that we have found on it...fingers crossed it all works out. The kids are sooooooo excited and Darren and I are getting random hugs and I love yous! We should know for sure today.

Hope everyones having a lovely day today!

Jo

Did I read that right? WTG Lucie!! You must be so happy Soph.

Wow Jo, a horse, how exciting!!

Indah really hungry too Trace? She must be having a growth spurt!

Hi Fletch Yay for Zane getting better!!

Not much out of me. My lovely Gp has told me to go straight to the hospital when the bleeding & pain starts. He is 100% convinced I have an ectopic pregnancy!! ****er. I am so angry with him. I need a new GP. The u/s tech said all looks good, just too early & my GP says that!! I feel sick today, so that's gotta be a good sign.
    Zaccie hasn't been sleeping well again, & today he pulled himself up on his walker , he was so proud of himself, but then he fell & hit his head he's OK, abit of a bruised ego I think!!

Sorry to anybody I missed, I feel a bit out of the loop atm.

Storm - What a very very stupid GP! I say change docs! All will be fine, and in about 9 months when you take bub to the first gp visit your doc will just look like a big goose and you can say 'Well I must have a ****ing big tube!'. Yeap very happy with Lucie's eating. Still diarohhea though, but not so watery so hopefully we are getting there.

Jo - Hope the horse all works out. You will have to use this for mileage for ages with the kids eg tidying their rooms, cleaning up etc etc hehehehehehe

Tracey - Indah sounds like a hungry bub as well, go girl!

Suddenly Lucie is leaking from her nappies. I buy Huggies crawlers because they have always been the best, but i don't know what is happening now. Maybe her legs are just too skinny! And I have a stockpile too. Anyone else had this prob?

OH Storm...poo to your GP. I think part of the probs sometimes with having early ultrasounds is that it worries us needlessly! I was sent off for an early ultrasound and they couldnt make out much so was told to come back 2 weeks later. My GP told me to get blood tests done so if they were falling we could have a d and c before christmas(it was a week before) I was so gutted....8 months later...we have Sammy. Drs cause stress i think. Im sorry you are going through this...i am thinking of you. Sorry to hear little Zaccie bumped his head too..it makes such a horrible sound. Sammy pulled himself up onto the couch yesterday and fell back onto his head..it was awful.

MMMM Soph havent had that problem with huggies. Have had it with snugglers though but months and months ago. Maybe the little chicken did lose a bit of weight around her little legs? All this milk intake though will no doubt fix that! The horse will definately be used FOREVER to get things done i think...pmsl. We still arent sure.. as we would have to share a block with another horse...so hopefully i can put the kids out of their misery soon enough.lol.

Hope everyone else is well.

Jo

Hi Girls,

first and foremost ....bugger your DR Storm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....you know my Dr told me I had no chance of falling pregnant without IVF ...mmm what the hell did he know hehe. Sometimes as woman we know more then they do ....so just relax and enjoy your new pregnancy!.

Soph I am so glad Lucie has been a little eating machine...go girl!. We dont have that issue with the huggies and Kaitlyn fills them overnight.

Jo how cool you may be getting a horse!!!!!!!!!!!!Man talk about having little servants for the next few years ...the kids will be making you tea and fetching your slippers for ever!.

Brooke I am really glad your hospital beds are clearing out and you can put your feet up!. Isnt funny ....nights like that used to happen all the time...now it is 1/2hour here or there :-). Man families can be hard.....we have not seen DH's family now for 5months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and they live 10minutes down the road.....man oh man ....but I am the same as you and think I have to concentrate on DH and Kaitlyn.

Go with the feeding Indah!!! ...you must be tired though Tracey!

Bec your lunch sounds lovely!. I wish Kaitlyn would babble more ....she is more the silent type around other bubs ...but chats with trees and birds and any other animal.

Hope I did not miss anyone ...

Kaitlyn and I had a quiet day today...just popped out to another childcare centre and got Kaitlyns name down. Other then that we just pottered around ..played on the floor ...cuddled and kissed and generally had a lovely huggy day...ahhhh love those days!. Now that the crunch is on and I know I am going back to work I am really trying to enjoy every moment that I have with her.

WEll better run and make some dinner...DH is working late again tonight so I am eating alone :-( oh well at least I got to jump on BB!

CAss

oh girls ...my mum sent me a great online discount website ..has everything from toys , perfume , nappies , electrical ..everything on it!. Not sure if I can post it ?????. Anyway if you are interested let me know and I can email it through to you .

Hey Girls

Soph, Woohoo for Lucie! She's an eating machine! Sounds like she is making up for lost time. Fingers crossed re the townhouse!

Tracey, Great to hear that Indah is enjoying her feeds too! Sounds like a growth spurt!

Jo, LOL about using the horse to get things done! How exciting for your kiddies though!

Storm, I agree, you need a new GP. What is with your current one? Don't listen to his negativity! Yay for feeling sick too! (YKWIM)

Brooke, SO glad to hear that your family is on the mend! LOL about Charli and the wrestling - watching the WWE is one of Josh & DH's rituals too.

Cass, lunch yesterday was with Catriona & Keira. It is so cute when Josh & Keira get together, they seem to be on the same wavelength because they are the same age and were born at the same gestation. Your huggy day sounds lovely. I wish Josh was a cuddly baby. (He's not!) I cuddle and smooch him all the time and he just wriggles away. I would love that website, if you don't mind.

Fletch, LOL @ Zane picking his nose! Yay that Scott will be home soon! How many days?

Well, we have had a quiet night as my DH is at the Green-Mundine fight too. (Working though). I told him to spot celebrities in the crowd and take photos on his mobile phone for me to see! He sent me a SMS a little while ago asking if Ray Martin counted as a celebrity, LOL. Not much else to report. I had a massive cooking day today. I cooked up a huge pot of mixed vegies for Josh and blended them with chicken, beef, pasta & tuna (in separate batches!) and some apple & pear. He had the beef and vegies for dinner tonight and gobbled it up. What a good boy, appreciating his mother's cooking!

LOL Brooke!! BTW, thanks for signing Joshua's guest book.

Brooke, would love to get together again sometime soon. (Those mothers at the WG Community Centre are probably wondering what happened to us!)

BTW, Mundine won by unanimous points decision apparently. Urrghh, can't stand his attitude, what a pity!

Cass - Yes please on the website! Even though I shouldn't be spending any money but oh well!Yay for lots of cuddles too.

Brooke - So glad Charli and you are better. I am staying away still from people just in case. Was going to meet up with some mums and bubs tomorrow but might make it Monday, just to be on the safe side but I think she is well and truley (hopefully) over it too. Lucie has (touch wood) just started to pick up on solids too.

Fletch - Betcha #2 is just around the corner as well! So cute on the nose picking! I reckon that takes quite a bit of co-ordination for a bub hehehhehehe

Jo - Ah well nice to have slaves for a few years! I'd be asking for a few back massages and stuff too!

Bec - Great work on the cooking and even better that he likes it!

Not much to report here. I've been making a big deal of each spoonful that Lucie has of solids. We do high 5's after each one and she thinks it's hilarious and it's oh so cute. Fed her again last night - 110ml at 11.30pm when she woke grizzly. She then stirred at 1.30 but slept through to 4.40am after that. An improvement. Whatever happened to my sleepy baby?

Cass me too, could you send me the link/website!

WOAH>>>> Too much for me to catch up on...

Lucie I hope your still eating well!!!

Jo Poor Sammy for banging his noggin, but I remember this age, independet & not knowing or believing us that things will hurt! hee hee

Storm, I say your Sonographer would have picked it up too if there was a prob, so I say realx & enjoy, poor Zaccie for banging his head too...

Fletch, hee hee, Zane get ya finger outta ya nose boy!!!!!

Bec, I hope you got plenty food for all our bubba'S?? Sounds like your a good Mummy whipping up some meals... I only get to make a heap on w/ends & freeze it, but Indah will only eat finger foods!

Brooke, good news that Charli & Dh are getting there & he can start to help again soon...

Well my big news is... Indah wee'd on her potty last night after her bath!!! So very exciting she thinks we are crazy tho with all the singing, clapping & cheering!!!! She just sat there having no idea why we were excited!! But evermind!

Also she crushed DH's feelings, when I got home from work she was all snuggled up to him, but started pushing him away, reaching out to me, calling Mum, Mum, Mum.... He asked her if she loved him & she shook her head... he got a tad hurt I think... Poor Daddy!!!!

Cass Id love the link too thanks.

PMSL at your DH spotting Ray Martin lol...that sorta counts does it? Youve inspired me with all of your cooking...clever lady! I need to get more motivated!

Im the same Soph..rather be safe than sorry. I was supposed to be meeting up with a my best friend and the little girl she is looking after today but she isnt feeling well so nup. Last thing I want is something spreading through the whole family! Thats great how much shes eating...you must be happy with that. Maybe thats got something to do with her waking??

LOL Trace at Indah weeing in the potty. She probably thought you were all mad! Hope your DH's heart is mended now.

Not really much happening here. Sammy and I spent the morning at the beach digging sandcastles and singing songs. It was so lovely and refreshing..hes fast asleep now...think it completely tired him out.

Jo

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast