Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005

Wow Kirsty..thats great sleeping. Bet you feel great today. Can you get Gemma to whisper in Sammys ear..lol. He was up at 12:30, 2 and 4 this morning...and from 4 thought it was play time. :-s Even though he was in bed with us was wriggling and talking away..little munchkin.

Its sooooooooooo quiet in here isnt it.

Soph hope you had a nice day.

Oh im loving this warm weather...its gorgeous.

Jo

Morning Jo! Wow you must be tired with all that waking. For the first time ever Lucie woke screaming at 3.30am - I just gave her a cuddle, changed her nappy and she went back to sleep, but it sure was a shock for me! I really sympathise with all your broken sleep (although please don't punch me - I don't really know what it's like!). Hope last night was a bit better for you.

Kirsty77 Guest

LOL Jo!Gemma does the same thing sometimes at 4.30am and I can hear her in her cot talking away.We have a baby monitor with a camera and Corey has it rigged up through the tv in our room.I watch her when she starts talking and she has normally managed to wriggle her way up the middle of the cot, turned herslf sideways and has her feet up the side of the cot!Now at this age I thought that would be impossible, but obviously not!And she has no blankets on and starts to whinge cause shes cold.I go in and she gets super excited!I normally bring her back to bed with us also.I LOVE it when she falls asleep pressed up against my boobies!!She looks soooo funny!!

I had to laugh at your post to Soph about not knowing what its like to have broken sleep!I promise I won't hurt you!!

Melody Guest

Good morning ladies

I am really enjoying this weather too.... I just love the little oics in your tickers, i must ask DH to organise one for me.

We are off to sleep school at Dalwood today but were supossed to be there by 9am. I find it ironic that the only time Hunter sleeps in the daytime is when I have something specific planned around a wake time. ](*,)

Wish me luck & have a beautiful fantasmagorical day!

Mel - Hope that sleep school is successful for you! What happens there? Do they show you how to put them to sleep?

Kirsty - Wow Gemma is such an active bub! Lucie is still in the position we leave her in - except she throws her legs up and kicks them around.

Mornin ladies

Mel all the best for sleep school. Hope it goes well for you. Is it an overnight visit or a day thing? You will have to let us in on any tips that you learn lol.

Kirsty..Gem sure is active. Sammys gotten into the habit of not wanting any blankets on either in his cot so will kick and kick until they are all off. He doesnt move around much though. I love the early morning cuddles too..love them more when he snuggles in to me and goes to sleep.though..hehe. Sounds like a great baby monitor too. I love when bubbies get so excited to see you and their little legs and arms wave around . Its just magic.

Hiya Soph hows precious girl today. I wont punch you..promise O It really doesnt bother me that much anyway.

Oh i hear a little fella stirring so best go
    talk soon

Jo

Hi Jo! Lucie is going ok - slow on feeding at the moment, but hey, that's the story of my life LOL!

How big is Sammy now? He must be HUGE!

Is anyone else trying to do the E.A.S.Y thing - I just got the Baby Whisperer book (by Tracey Hogg) and am giving it a try......

Kirsty77 Guest

Please excuse my ignorance/dumbness(LOL) but what is the E.A.S.Y thing?

I don't mind the gettin up in the middle of the night thing either Jo.Gemma's always so excited to see me....how could you get mad at that!

Goodluck at sleep school Melody!

Geez its quiet in the September thread again!And pretty quiet in here too............(I'm like the permanent gate crasher!) #-o

Lol @ gatecrasher Kirsty..gatecrash anytime..seems like we need the company lol.

Awww Soph..maybe shes gonna be a slow feeder as a bub and be a big eater later on!. Sammy was 7.2 at his three month check a couple of weeks back...so hes definately slowing down the weight gain. If its any consolation I still worry about how much Sammy is getting and ive done this 3 times before! :-s Like Kirsty I dont know the EASY routine either..fill us in Soph

Jo

Kirsty we love having you here!

And Jo, really, Sammy is such a big boy I don't think you have anything to worry about!

Ok so I have just started reading the book, but it stands for:
    Eat
    Activity
    Sleep
    You time

Basically it says that after a feed, to play for a while (ummm not sure how long yet, I think 20 mins to half an hour) and then put them down for a sleep for 1.5 to 2 hours! There's a special technique to get them to sleep too. All quite interesting, and it's all about putting them into a routine. I'll fill you in as I learn more!

Kirsty77 Guest

Geez Soph thats so weird cause Gemma is already doing this and I thought she is sleeping to much!!!!!!After a feed she plays till I notice that her eyeballs are about to fall out or she starts yawning then I pick her up a hug her tight and close and put the dummy in.Sometimes she whinges(ok most times 8-[ ) but she falls asleep within about 5 mins.Just a question.....so how much were your bubs napping during the day at 2-3 months?

Well there you go Kirsty - you are a natural! As you know Lucie is miss sleepy head, and up until recently would be sleeping most of the day too. Lately though ther ehave been days when she has been awake all day, but I'm trying to now get her in the habit of having a nap between feeds.

One interesting thing that made me think of you Kirsty (and don't be mad, just thought it would be helpful!) was that it talks about bubs 'snacking', and I was wondering if this is sometimes what Gemma does? But sounds like she is a very good baby anyway so I don't think there is much to change!

Kirsty77 Guest

I reckon shes a snacker Soph(like I'd ever get mad at you!).She has feeds 3-4 hourly during the day sometimes 2.5 between one of those feeds and only takes maybe 60-80ml.Why what does it say?good or bad?Oh now I'm worried!

Got a snacker here too Soph..what does it say 8-[

Jo

Ok Jo and Kirsty let me see what it says - basically it's talking about looking for actual hunger queues and that you want bub to take full feeds isteadof snacking. Ok hang on, I'll quote a bit:

If the baby isn't on a structured routine, the parents confuse their baby's needs to suckle with hunger. Instead of giving her a dummy between meals, they give her the breast or bottle.....they can get into the habit of snacking.

How you know: Your baby is 3kg or more and doesn't last more than 2.5-3 hours between feeds or she never takes more than a few ml or 10 minutes of breast at each feed.

There is quite a bit more about it. I'll read it all and summarise for you! I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get Lucie to sleep 1.5 hours between feeds now though.

Oh ok thanks for that Soph..very interesting. I tend to think Sammy is just a piggy though LOL

Jo

Hi Girls

I haven't posted up until now because Maria has been extra clingy during the day. Yesterday and today she would only sleep if I was in bed with her or in my arms, very tiring for me, but lots of extra cuddles as well.

I went to the sleep and settling class last week, got some good techniques and they work at night (very similar to EASY) but not during the day as yet.

So other than the fact that I have another cold (and sore throat) all is well. I will be making my first solo long car trip on Friday, I am going to Canberra and then Forbes the next day, prob about 10 hours of travelling due to all the stops with Maria, but I am looking forward to getting home for 5 days.

Hi Louise! Hope you are feeling better. The sleep school sounds great! Good luck with the long car trip. We were going to drive down to Melbourne (from Brisbane), but have decided that DH will still drive but Lucie and I will fly. It's quite a bit longer than your trip though! It's actually probably cheaper for us too - DH will just sleep in the car on theway down instead of having to find hotels, and the airfare only cost us $100!

Jo - Yeah he's just a big hungry boy! Throw some appetite this way please LOL.

Well Lucie usually poohs at 5am like clockwork, but no action as yet today. Hope she isn't constipated. If she hasn't gone by tonight, I'll give her some sugar water.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast