Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005

Melody Guest

Sorry Jo, I don't think your comment about the internet lover US/webcam was meant to be funny but I am actually LMAO at the imagery of it!

I can just see the kids ducking & weaving while she tries to pull on thier sleeves & get them into view.... thank god for the pool is all i can say! How funny!

What did DH say about all this?

Oh Jo - sorry that is funny re your MIL! The kids must have thought it was all very weird!

Jo and Mel - Thanks re the weight gain. I don't know how she does it!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Girls

Gemma and I are fine today.We had a pretty good weekend too!We bought a jolly jumper for Gem as she loves to stand and loves to be bounced on our knees so we thought she'd love it.Well we were right!She bounces away and we put the kick and play piano underneath her feet and she hits all the keys while looking down at it!I'm so proud.

Those photos are sooo cute Tracey!Don't worry Jo, Gemma is a baldy baby too!She has the old man hair do!!

Wow Soph on the weight gain!Thats amazing!

Melody-You had such a dreamy weekend!It sounded just lovely.

Wow Kristy I can't believe how grown up Gemma is! I am thinking about getting a jolly jumper too but think I'll wait until Lucie's head is a bit stronger - still a bit wobbly sometimes

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Soph

Gemma has really good neck and head control.She looks so tiny in the jolly jumper though!I highly recommend getting one as they just love it!

LOL Mel..its ok...i guess if if i try and look at the funny side ....grrrr....i honestly dont know what the kids were thinking. I think that they are so used to her bizarre behaviour that nothing strikes them as being odd with her. Unfortunately the pool is at my mums house..we went there Sat night...so no such distraction at the MILs #-o except for her 4 little dogs..yes thats right..i said 4...who jump up on everything..coffee tables included :-# Darren is too darn embarrassed to say much at all im afraid...other than..we arent doing that again!!!

Kirsty thats great that Gemma liked the jolly jumper. We have persevered and Sammy is starting to enjoy his too. Wow though at Gem trying to stand up on your knees. She must be a very strong little girl.

Soph..shes just clever..lol..she doesnt need much to stack it on.

TTFN ladies

Jo

Thanks Ladies...
    I think I need to get Indah's head shaved!!! She grabs clumps of hair when tired & pulls as hard as she can, makes herself scream! So I put socks on her hands now & wrap her super tight at bed time!!!

The MIL /webcam story is way funny!!! Sorry I had to laugh too

Ouuuuuuuuuuch!!! Poor baby :-s

Jo

She wakes herself up from pulling her hair & it's so annoying!!!! #-o

She rolled from her tummy to her back (I think accidentally :-k ) on Friday...
    I had taken her nappy off & she was playing on her mat, so I popped her on her tummy, next minute she did a wee & I was talking to her saying oooh, yucky, now I gotta clean that up...
    she moved one hand back & one forward & rolled outta the wet patch!!!
    She hasn't done it again, so I think it was just a once off!

Funnily enough with Maddy I was so keen for her to do something new & reach all the milestones quickly, but with Indah I know they really dont stay babies for long & so I dont want her to grow quickly & I am really enjoying the baby stage this time!!!

Hi Kate. Kelsey is sooooo cute!

Tracey - wow what a clever girl Indah! I think Lucie was trying to roll over before too. Ouch at the hair grabbing!

Jo - Ah your MIL sounds like a classic! Fortunately I get on really well with mine. She is wonderful.

Kirsty - Wow nearly 6kg for Gemma - go beef cake LOL!

Mel - How are you today?

Louise - How is litte Maria?

Storm - How is Zac?

Well we went to the paed today. He's happy with weight gain and we can start weaning her off her reflux meds. I really hope she doesn't start screaming though! He wants us to give the lactose free stuff a whirl again, and admitedly I have never stuck with it for a good few days. So she's had 1 bottle of that so far - about 140ml which is good.

Even better news is that we got into Riverton, but because we are going away we won't go until early Jan. DH thinks it's unnecessary but I really want to go for my own sanity, so will have to convince him on that one. Will be good to go before we move to Lismore too when we are really on our own. A hectic time to do it but I think it will be beneficial. You stay overnight for the week (Mon -Fri).

Went out last night and the feed we gave Lucie before we left she TOTALLY didn't want. Had 40ml which was very bad - hasn't been that bad for a while. So I was pretty stressed out at dinner. She took 160ml for her dream feed though so still racked up 600ml for the day which was pretty good really.

Have people coming around for dinner. All is done. I have a great recipe for slow roast lamb (cooks for about 7 hours!) and easy salad that goes with it. Just delicious and so easy cos you can just prep everything during the day. Perfect dinner party when you have a bub! I'll post it in teh recipe thread later when I get organised.

Lucie had 1.5 hours sleep at lunch time. Hopefully it means she won't be so grumpy today. Send us positive vibes for feed at 2.30!

Ellibam Guest

hi girls
    melody i have sent you some piccys(i cant figure out how to set up a www)
    your sunday sounded like bliss!!

We have a jolly jumper for makon and he loves it to!! but at the moment he is really loving his hands and feet to play with!!!

Barley makon does some thing similar though he doesnt cry!(maybe he is just a tough boy heheh)

makon has put on 90gm this week so now he is finally over his 1st kg. and he is .5cm short of being 10cm longer

catchya later

Hi everyone

Wow at Indah rolling Tracey..clever lil punkin. Did it give her a fright when she realised what she had done? No one likes a wet patch :-s

Hiya Kate..so nice of you to pop in. I will have to come and check out the July thread..its kinda quiet in here at the moment. How is precious Kelse? Hope shes sleeping better for you. Oouchie at the hair pulling too...maybe im should count my blessings i have a baldy :-k

Soph..glad you had a nice time last night. Did Lucie get babysat? Your dinner sounds great...hope it goes well and hope Lucie's feed went well at 2:30..sorry missed that one. Thats great that the paed is happy with the weight gain...wtg Lucie . Hope she likes the lactose free formula...and by the way...im so jealous of your MIL...ya wanna swap??lol

Elissa sounds like Makon is doing well. Yay for being over his first kg. Dont you love how our precious bubbies just want to stuff everything into their little mouths. Too cute!

Mel..i had a dream about you last night..i really cant remember much about it cept for our babies being the same size or near enough to...i just woke up this morning thinking that was weird..lol. How is gorgeous Hunter today?

Well Sammys sleeping at the moment. Hes had a fun day of tummy time, walk with mummy, swing time and lots and lots of cuddles. I was rolling on the bed with him before and he just loved it...little cutie. Sammy is such a chatterbox too...he just loves talking cept when I start singing and he just cracks up....hmmm maybe i do sound really bad :-k LOL

Im trying hard to think of a pressie for my friend. Its her bday tomorrow and i have to wizz off to the shops after i pick the kiddies up from school...i just cant think of anything...mmm. OH well..im sure i will think of something...any ideas anyone?

Well ttfn

Jo

Well I am still at my parents in Forbes, Maria and i travel back to Sydney tomorrow, but with Mum this time, that will make it easier. Maria slept for 8hours last night O . She had a bad day yesterday and was asleep by 8pm. She was in her cocoon beside me and I was woken by her trying to find food and by a little hand waving from the cocoon, very cute, but best of all - no crying.

Jo, Sorry no tips for a present, coz I don't even know what I want DH to get me for Christmas!???
    Any ideas!!! 8-[ :-k

I love their talking now & the little happy gurgles, how cute that Sammy thinks your singing is funny!!!!

Kitten, ya gotta love the 8 hours at night hey!!!!! Cute at the waving.. Good luck for the drive!!!!

Soph, YAY on Lucie being a good girl... What exactly is Riverton? Hope it all goes well & Yummy @ going out for dinner!!!! Too busy here to go anywhere even for a snack!!! ha ha ha

Elli, WTG Makon nice gaining weight!! I might have to see where my old Jolly Jumper got too???? Indah likes standing on our knees, maybe she'd like it, if only I can remember whom I leant it too????? :-k

Kirsty, Gemma is going great guns hey!

Kate, It is silly they pull their hair get hurt so pull harder, but dont associate that pain with their hand, I have noticed now that it's when she is tired she grabs a handful & scrunches it up like she's rubbing it to help her go to sleep, so that's when I wrap her up & put her in her cot!!!
    If she gets' the socks off & her arms out in the middle of the night we hear the blood curdling scream & I know it's her hair! #-o

Hi too everyone else too!!!

As for me, well Maddy lost another tooth, so now she has 3 big gaps, her two top front teeth & a bottom one to the side a little! Looks so cute!!! Expensive month for the tooth fairy though! :-$

Indah had her last feed a bottle of expressed milk about 200ml, last night at 9pm & she is still asleep, a few stirs at 6am, but when I went in there she was asleep again! NOICE!!!!!
    I am off to baby massage with Pinky again today, then gonna try to NOT get on the computer & wrap my Chrissy presents!!!

I think Indah did get a fright from rolling & I agree who likes a wet patch! :-#

Hehehheheh wet patch hehehehheheheehhe....

OMG Tracey Indah is one hungry bub! Riverton is a free community based hospital for bubs 0-2, deals with sleeping, feeding issues etc. Kind of like Tresillian I guess.

Jo - How about some movie tickets or a voucher for a facial or massage or something that is indulgent that you normally don't do for yourself. Or sometimes I go to the nursery and get a nice pot and a nice plant - something useful that looks groovy like a chilli plant.

Louise - Good luck with the long drive back!

Ellissa - Congrats on the weight gain - that is really fantastic. He'll be a porker before you know it!

Well I am actually feeling really confused after the paed visit. I'm really unsure about the lactose free formula and Lucie wouldn't have a bar of it yesterday arvo (it tastes revolting apparently) so I ended up giving her the normal stuff which is the thick reflux formula. But the paed said he reckoned that formula didn't do much at all. But if that is kinda working shouldn't I just stick with it? I mean she is putting on weight which is the main thing right? It just confused me so much, and I feel actually that I wish we hadn't gone cos now I am doubting myself!

Oh well going o go for a walk with munchkin before it gets too hot. Hopefully we can have a snooze together at lunch time. I'm exhausted!

Soph,
    I say stick the formula that she is drinking!!!
    Or if ya really wanted to switch formulas, maybe mix it gradually? But if it aint broke dont even try to fix it!!!!
    Don't doubt yourself, doubt the paed!
    Lucie's doing well & gaining weight, so stick with what's working!!!!

Yeah Indah has drunk 320ml in one feed once, just couldn't fill her up & that was at about 6 wks of age!!! :-# Maddy was a piggy wiggy too maybe I should add a pic of Maddy as a baby on the website so you can see what each looked like, Maddy was formula fed & got really CHUBBY about 3 wks after starting formula!!!! I will see if I can find a pic..!

I still have a massage voucher from my b'day, must book that in for next week! Still not sure what I want for chrissie though :-k I usually just get myself something that we want or need for the house! We need a front security door, I might just get that!???
    Jeepers it sounds like we have everything, but really we dont I just cant think & I tend to give more than I want, it's much more fun!!!!

Indah slept from her 9pm feed til I had to wake her at 8:50am to drop Maddy at school, even now she isn't crying, just playing on floor! See Soph, she drank heaps, but that's 12 hours ago now!!!

Went in to work again yesterdeay to get my big box of freebies... Ohhh now I am tempted to PIG out on it all!!!!

Thanks Kate. I really don't think it's a lactose prob though, maybe she is just a fuss pot?

Tracey - Yeap you are right and sound just like my DH! I'm exactly like you re Christmas, love giving, don't care for receiving so much. And WOW at your hungry girls!!!!! (yes I am envious LOL)

Ok, I added a pic of Maddy @ 2 months!!!! It's one of my favourites!!!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast