Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005

8-[ I am supposede to be doing housework!!!!

Indah is sleeping & yet here I am again!!!!

Ok I am really going now to hang out a load of washing & stuff!

Just got my friends hubby (my mechanic) to pick up my car for me & machine the brakes & stuff, so i didn't have to wake Indah!!!!

He's usual response was "Pay me in sexual favours later!" #-o

I hope it isn't too expensive though!!!!

Ok enjoy, I prob wont be back now til tomorrow!!!!!

Maria is doing well, DH, Maria and I went to the Blue Mountains for the weekend for our 1st wedding anniversary. I still have a bad cold, but at least Maria slept during dinner and most of the night. She is smiling so much lately and playing with her toys more now which is delightful. However she will only go to me at the momemt, ie cries with DH and grandparents, anyone else ha this happen, it is extremely tiring, especially when I'm sick as well.

Hi Louise. Hope you had a lovely weekend...sounds like a nice first anniversary get away. Sammy is the same as Maria..doesnt mind going to DH and the girls but no one else...he panics straight away and looks around for me. LOL

Jo

Hellloooooooooo..thought id better go and drag this forum back from page 2...hope you are all well.

Jo

where is everyone today? I know I have just got back from the beach, but there have been no posts since this morning

Hi Louise..ive been posting a bit in the july thread as its so quiet in here..lol..seems like lots of girls are congregating there :-$

Jo

Melody Guest

Hellllooooooooo! Mum's & bubs

This is a quiet thread..... I read every day but usually don't post because I am grabbing 5 minutes between 'Hunter calm/Hunter on the edge' or running to the shower while he is sleeping. I feel selfish if I only ever post about me but it takes time for me to do a proper personal catch-up.

Storm I can't believe Zac is teething! What a big boy.... now the fun really begins I was thinking about your older kids using the PC & wondering (as a first time mum) "what is that like?" I'm trying to imagine Hunter saying his first word let alone managing a computer!

Soph you're pretty damn good getting all your Xmas shopping done! =D> I'm a shocker.... I do 90% all in one go but the last 10% messes with my head. With regard to the 80g weight gain, are you sure she isn't doing a growth spurt & lengthening? what is he HC like?

Jo you have always got it covered! When i think of you i get this image of Carol Brady like all this chaos could be going on around you & you'de just be singinging & smiling through it I love looking at Sammy's pics.... he is such a cutie! How are all the kids parties going? Do you remember when your life actually consisted of 'you' time?

Barley you have given me something to think about with cutting Indah's finger... I'm all gung-ho with the klippers but I should definately be more careful... are you wearing your "World's Best Mother" sash again? she won't know you did it at the age of 21 \/

Louise which beach do you go to? There are so many great ones around Sydney. I should definately go more often.... With regard to Maria crying when she goes to other people, does it last when you go near & interact? I should really get Hunter used to other people a bit more. I realised when reading your post that he literally doesn't get held by anyone but myself & DH. Your Blue Mountains getaway sounds fantastic.... I have a bit of a love affair with that area but I only ever go in Winter.

Elli, once again, your wedding pics were beautiful. How is married life treating you?

Hunter & I are really good.... he is sleeping 100% better & i am coping 100% better but truthfully I couldn't tell you which one came first. I just feel more in control. We also had a Santa picture done & when i picked it up today I started crying. It is so beautiful to see DH, Hunter & myself as a family & a year ago (today) the angels down at IVF put him inside me & I just begged him to stick.... here we are a year later in a photo that I will look at when he is 21. I never thought it would happen & i am so blessed.

My little (or not so little 8k) man did his first tummy to back roll yesterday! DH & I jumped up & did a big "Whoooo-Hooooo" when it happened & Hunter got a fright.... we were laughing & clapping & just got him in time.

He is 16 weeks this Saturday....are we due for another check-up soon?

I'm all set for Xmas.... 90% anyway. Life is good O
    A big hello to anyone I have missed

Helllllllllllllloooo Mel...so glad to hear from you. Glad to see that everything is going so well for you. I had to PMSL though when you said you saw me as a Carol Brady smiling through the chaos...erk..my first thought was that I must appear so excuciatingly annoying!!! So i apologise first off if i come across like that in my posts..In all honesty its pretty chaotic here alot of the time and i loose my cool alot. I do have meltdowns every now and then with Dh working so much but i guess thats just part and parcel of married life with kids. I am blessed with pretty great kids though and a baby that seems happy most of the time..for that i am eternally grateful. Life about me...nope..cant remember 8-[ LOL

Jo

Hi everyone,
    Ok a quick mad post. I have to be up at 3.30am to catch an ungodly flight to Vic with Lucie - first time on a plane with her and all by myself! Got heaps of stuff to organise and clean first. I will be a tired girl but thankfully she is asleep!

Mel - Whoohoo for the roll! That's great! And so nice re your Chrissie photos. Lucie has only managed a half roll onto her side. Won't be long though I suppose!

Jo - Such a cute new pic of Sammy. I want to give him a big cuddle.

Louise - your anniversary sounds great! Congrats!

Lucie has still been slow feeding but it's so damn hot. I actually went to stay at my friends with air con because our house is revolting and hot. She is hydrated enough though. I am sooooo looking forward to some cooler weather down south - never thought I'd say that. But I think it will be better for Lucie too.

Re bubs crying going to other people - never had that problem but I think we have always had a fair few different people always picking her up and cuddling. Maybe they just need that a bit sometimes??? I don't know though!

Anyway i will be MIA for a while - possibly not back until early Jan. So have a wonderful first Christmas with all your lovely babies and a relaxing time. Looking forward to hearing all the stories in the new year.

And have a few glasses of bubbly - cos this time last year we were all just preggas!!!!

Melody Guest

Not at all Jo! I meant my 'Carol Brady' reference as totally nostalgic & 'mother of the heart' image related. I actually thought she was incredibly cool.... Marge Simpson took the modern day baton though

Awww Soph...have a lovely time. Goodluck on the plane tomorrow...im sure Lucie will be an absolute darling for you. Enjoy the cooler weather and have a wonderful christmas wont you...i will anxiously be waiting to hear from you in the new year.

Mel I forgot to say wtg for Hunter rolling...clever little lad. Did he startle himself when he realised he could do it? We are still waiting for rolls..lol. Think Sammy just enjoys all the attention on the floor from me trying to get him to roll..he thinks why bother

Jo

Melody - we went to Clovelly beach, but we didn't go into the water as I am waiting for my cold to go away (am getting better). We (and any other Sydney girls) should meet up one day.

Ellibam Guest

hi girls
    well married life is just like defacto life!!(suprise suprise) although i did think something would change not sure what though. its still hard to say husband about ben. \/
    Makon is wonderfull blowing raspberries, standing on us, spewing on us(hehehehehe) and he is still the most beautiful little man in the whole wide world!(only slightly bias)
    My sil leaves on sat for 6 months in africa, i will miss her so much. and she will be missing out on so much with makon. but when you have a chance to make your dream ya gotta do it.

any way catch ya

Awww Elissa...Makon sounds [email protected] the rasberries. Hope your sister has a wonderful time in africa...is it work related?

Jo

how is everyone coping with the weather?

Is it hot where you are Louise? Here its really mild..sort of low 20s...so cant really complain.

Jo

Quiet in here too hey!!!
    Must be Sophie who talks up a storm!!!! hee hee!

*Yvette* Guest

Aha! Found you all again.

Er, no chance of catching up so will just start from here.

MCHN came to weigh babies again last Friday. Asha 5260 & Lauren 4510. Lauren had put on a bit more than Asha again, so still slowly catching up, and apparently good weight gain for both. Lauren still under weight generally, but doing well.

Should hear the results of the DNA tests soon, so we'll know for sure if they're identical or not. We sent in the cheek swabs ages ago.

Bubs are sleeping all night from around 10 to 6 most nights now. Occasionally one of them has an extra overnight feed, but not both any more. Still feeding them one at a time. Had a lactation consultant over to try to help me feed simultaneously, but basically I'm too old and set in my ways, he he, and always tend to feed either in bed or at my desk. I suppose I should try the simultaneous feeding in bed at least, where there's plenty of pillows & a spare pair of hands. Will try to remember to give it a go tonight. During the day I'm just absent mindedly bunging one of them on the boob whenever, and sometimes have to walk around with a baby attached like I did this morning when Lindsay was out and I had to deal with Angus having spilled his drink & needing crayons.

Anyway, hope everyone & their babies are well, and I hope to really keep up this time. (Really truly I do, lol)

I had a brief skim back over the preceding pages and I remember someone mentioning how hard it is to keep up. I think I'm too much of a perfectionist, & think that if I can't do a proper post with full personals then I'll put it off til I can and then I get way behind. Then I'll get on and spend all day at it. I'm trying to change that behaviour & just come on a little bit every day. Let's see how I do.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast