Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in August 2006

Default Babies Born in August 2006

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Sherie - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: zola
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August, 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 1 oz (3.6kgs) Length - 51cms Head Circ - 34.5cms
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Oliver James Campbell
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 3 weeks early, elective c-sect
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: kat79
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: Friday 4th August 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 5lbs 11ozs Length - 49.5cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: male
    Baby's Name: Lucas Russell
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/tictac1/
    Health concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ _____

Forum Name: Sarah1978
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 14 August 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.177 kg (7 pounds) Length - 50cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: William Harvey
    Baby's Website: www.flickr.com/photos/gemmaandlilly
    Health Concerns: slight heart murmer to be checked in 3 weeks
    Notes:

__________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Anna**
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 15th August 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3070grams Length - 49cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Beautiful Boy
    Baby's Name: Alexander Siegfried
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Born at King Edward Family Birthing Centre
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Forum Name: dawnb
    State:
    Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 15/8/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 8lb 14oz - 51.5cm - 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Mason Cooper
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

It looks like it's just you and I just now Zola!! how are things going with Oliver?

Hi Kat Hope you and Lucas are having a great time getting to know eachother!
    Hi Zola how is Sebastion liking his baby brother?
    Hope to be joining you REALLY soon

Mmm, come on girls!!! lol lol!!

lucysmummie Guest

hey kat il def come in here as well as the july thread!

in answer to ur question in the belly buddy thread lucy sleeps like a log...takes after her mummy and daddy! she has a feed at 11:30 then one at about 3am then one at 6am she has been great from the start...

hows the feeding going?? im still trying to work it all out as thinking of changing to expressing and formula my nipples are red raw!

AHHhhhh im so glad I have bellybelly cause im pretty down in the dumps today...SOo stressed about everything! I rang up the comunity new parents thing and I cant get in till 31st october! how [email protected] is that! considering i desperatly need to find other girls my age and in the same situation as me....mmmm

Hi guys

Hope all these wonderful August babies are doing well.

We are having a really good run so far! Ollie is sleeping really well.... some nights he'll sleep from 11.30 until 6.30 without waking! He seems to have a three night rotation where he'll wake for a feed about 2am, but the nights in between it's great! Although I do wake up in a bit of a panic if I see it's late and I haven't heard from him.

We're formula feeding him too. I never got a decent supply with Bas.. even after 5 weeks, and my nipples were about to fall off! I had cracks on the tips and huge cracks going all the way around a bit higher up. I was expressing for a week to try and build up my supply, but it actually got worse instead if better, and the milk I did express was turning pink from the blood from my nipples (sorry.. a bit tmi). I figured it was better for Olllie and Bas to have a happy, unstressed Mummy who didn't go mental over the smallest thing, and bottle feeding didn't do Bas any harm Sorry if I'm a going on a bit, I tend to get a bit defensive over deciding to give up breastfeeding... so many people tend to be a bit judgemental.

Kat... how is Lucas getting on? I hope he's not giving you too hard a time during the night. Have you got any photos of him online yet?

Sammi.... I hope you'll be joining us soon too!! You can't keep your legs crossed for much longer, surely

Leah.... I hear ya on the nipples!! I tried everything with Bas... nipple shields, creams, ointments, even this disgusting herbal drink to increase my supply. The things we do for our kids, her Hope they get better for you soon. Just my two cents worth.... if you do decide to change to formula, don't let people make you feel guilty and tell you that you're doing the wrong thing for your child. Only you can make that decision... whatever that may be.

Anyway... better get back to the kids. Bas has been spewing all morning, so I really hoping it's not gastro!

Hi girls!

Zola - it sounds like Ollie is doing wonderfully! you lucky thing having him sleep so long during the nights! there are pics of Lucas on my homepage if you want to look!

Shinee - have you thought about seeing a lactation consultant?? not sure if they could help....or maybe changing to formula would be best for the both of you? i'm sure you'd be so much happier?

Lucas is going okay, we have our good days and our bad!! he is the slowest feeder though, most feeds take an hour! he slept well last night - well, just waking every 4 hours for his feeds, so at least I got some sleep!!

lucysmummie Guest

ooo Zola u had an ollie!!! yay I didnt realise I have fully changed to formula now, well Im just expressing my boobs when they get too ouchie from the milkbuild up which is only 2-3times a day. Im really happy with my dicsion now its so much more conveinient and lucy has taken to it so well she sleeps better than before and she slept better anyway... there are just a few ppl who dont know that I have changed and Im a bit woried they will tell me what they think before they acually think..

kat - i rang thecomunity nurse things to make an appointment and was so pi$$ed cause i couldnt see anyone till like nealry 2wks and i really needed an appointment like yesturday! it was quiet pathetic actually i mean i was desperate and they cant even fit me in!? so i made an appoinment to see my doctor who is the lovliest lady in the world and she said that if im not happy to change to formula cause i looked stressed! she is so nice she even called me the day i got out of hospital to see how the birth went!!!
    sorry getting a tad off track here.

how many feeds do u do kat? im doing every 3hours which is good sometimes she can go for longer. im trying to make it so il doing one feed at 11pm and then she might sleep through cause she has been having a feed at 9pm and then not waking till 1:30 so hopefully it will go to plan... im not demand feeding as u can probaly tell are u? lucy fel in to routine as soon as she came out it was really really weird i didnt even make her do it... i do give her a dummy cause i know she just loves sucking! she was using my boobie for really long feeds just to suck and i could tell nothing was coming out so I just pulled her off and gave her the dummy and like 15mins later it would fall out of her mouth cause she was fast asleep...silly bubby..

anyones bub have a bad temper??? lucy holds her breath its really scary! when im changing her she goes crazy and cries then gets all worked up and holds her breath i hope she will just grow out of it tho... we call it the red head temper cause she has reddy tinged hair like her daddy...

I went to the shops today and they had one of those little foto shoots in in the walk way thing and i got lucy done im veiwing the fotos in 2wks so I cant wait to get them. u get a free foto but im sure i will b very very tempted to buy all of them lol...

mmm well i better wake the drama queen up for a feed she sleeps like a log!

Sorry to butt in here girls.

Shinee - if you have having troubles with BFing you can ring the Australian Breatfeeding Association and they should be able to put you in touch with a lactation consultant to help you with your BFing and give you some advice of the phone. Their website have got heaps of info on it too.
    Also a lot of the July 06 girls use nipple shields. This may help you until you can see someone. They cost about $10 for 2 (well that's what I paid for mine) and you can get them from the chemist.

I hope this helps you.
    Last edited by Trillian; August 22nd, 2006 at 08:25 AM. Reason: removal of link

Shinee - you sound a lot happier now which is great! feeding is such a huge thing, and if what you were doing before wasn't making you happy, it's much better you've swapped to formula, especially if Lucy is content too.

As for how many feeds, we got told to wake Lucas every 4 hours to feed - sometimes he will wake before, sometimes he will sleep a little longer, and in that case i've stopped waking him - in the mornings he can be awake for hours, so I figure when he does sleep he needs it!!

Hope all the other August mummies and babies are doing well!

Kat
    xxx

lucysmummie Guest

Thanks Kelly I did ring the BFA but it was a while till they could fit me in..I actually started using sheilds last week and the midwife said to stop using them which I thought was [email protected] cause at least i was giving it a go... expressing the feeds is good atm but i think Iam drying up... also formula seems to settle my babe so im pretty happy now..thansk for the pop in though!

Kat ~ Glad you have a sleepy bubba there Lucy has been sleeping SOOooOOOOo much it kinda worries me... i was like is she sick or something but she wakes whan she is hungry otherwise i wake her... Ive changed to 4hour feeds too cause she seems to b eating alot more now... I really mustnt of been giving her enough milk before..???

hope everyone is doing well.... hope we will have a few more bubbies in here soon...

Shinee - I too am expressing for feeds now and started drying up. You could try Fenugreek which helps increase it again which I found at the heath food shop and try and increase your water intake to the 6-8 glasses. Doing this has helped with my milk increasing again but I too am starting to think formula is a better way. Whatever works best for you. Only you know what that will be. Sounds like you are a bit happier now.

Hi girls

How are we all? and the babies?

We had Lucas's 2 week checkup on Monday, he'd put on 220grams! yaaay! but, he has thrush in his mouth :-( the nurse was stumped as to how he got it, seeing as he's being bf, doesn't have a dummy or had never been bottlefed.....anyway, seeing as he has it, I also have it on my nipples, and goodness, they seriously hurt!! we have some medication for him, and some cream for me, but I do hope it clears up soon as feeding is becoming increasingly sore :-(

Kat
    xx

I'm coming over babyless, lol. Thats terrible Kat about your nipples. I think thrush clears up pretty quickly though once treatment has begun. Thats a good weight gain!

Leah, hello! Dont worry if people say anything about Lucy formula feeding. I hate negative people that try and make you feel bad. You gave it your best, it didnt work out. Nothing to feel guilty about at all.

Hey Zola, nice to see you're doing so well.

I'll pop in to see how you guys are going every now and then until I'm a bona fide member, lol.

Sam just had her baby, but where are dd and Dawn?

Give all your babies big kisses from me and I'll post again later.

Thought i'd post in here too, just incase anyone doesn't check the birth announcements or the Belly Buddies threads!

Amy has had her baby!! a boy, called Finn James, born on Thursday 24th at 12.26pm, weighing 8 pounds 3 ozs, length 51cm, delivered by caesarean. A big congrats to Amy and her DH!

So think that just leaves Natalie???

Yep, just me. Boohoohoo!

Hi I'm here now!

Our first night home was a bit rowdy but I managed to get a bit of sleep in somewhere between 3am and 8am.
    Caleb is mad for the milk ATM and I have a grazed nipple. He's not too keen on the nipple sheilds so I took it off half way through a feed and he must have got a bit of blood as he had a brown chuck I thought I wouldn't have issues like this after bf two others but I guess my nipples have softened up a bit after 2 years of not bf.
    ROFL Trevor is changing him ATM and Angus is commentating. "OOOO look at that big poo Daddy"
    Here comes another let down guess it's nearly tucker time again!

Natalie I hope your bubba comes for you soon. Still come and chat even if you end up with a September bubba

lucysmummie Guest

AHhhh how are u girls going? I havent been on in a while cause i just dont get the chance in the day... my little red head temper tantrum bubba is a handful in the day she doesnt cry or anything just never wants to b put down! oh and she has slept through the night the last 2 nights!!! from 11-6am!!! I cant beleive it!its so awesome!!!! hope it stays that way though... formula feeding is great! i feel so relaxed and happy bout it!!! hope ur all doin well sorry to hear bout the crappy nipples sammi and the thrush kat!!! glad this room is filling up!!!!
    gotta run dinner is up (mum is so great!)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast