Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2004

Oh Jess, I hope Aidan is okay and that the doctor was at least a bit helpful!

Well, interesting thing happened today... ages ago, when I wasn't sure if I was going back to work or not, I put Kaleb's name down at about 6 childcare centres, all of which had horrendous waiting lists and told me not to hold my breath...well, one of them rang today and said they could offer me 2 days a week from next year. It's one that doesn't take them till 15 months, so it wouldn't be till March. It's great news really, will give me time at the end of my pg to get organised, and time with the new bub early on, then I can think about part time work, but I have to give them an answer by tomorrow! So big discussions with DH tonight, then I'm going there tomorrow morning to check it out.

ooh Jo that is something to think about! A neighbour of mine just has her 2nd and #1 is in child care 2 days per week and she told me it helps soooo much as it is quite difficult looking after a newborn plus running around after an 20mth old.

The doctor thought it could be an ear infection so he has prescribed some medicine so I am quite happy with the outcome, thank goodness.

Jess, hope Aidan is improving today?

Well, went and checked out the childcare centre, it was great and we were getting really excited, but then when discussing enrollment, we realised the director had stuffed up and thought Kaleb was already 15 months! Grrrr, how hard is it to read a DOB? Anyway, she said she can't guarantee she'll still have a place in March, so we will have to just wait and see.

Jo, that must have been so annoying for you. I know what you mean, how hard can it be?! Aidan is in a good child care centre at the moment, every Wednesday, but the annoying thing for me is I am not currently working Wednesdays but I dont want to lose the place so I am paying $40 a week for something I dont REALLY need!

Aidan coughed just as much last night but he seems better today and I have bought the Dimetapp with the cough suppresant (for 1yr and above but I figure he is close enough and anyway he is about the size of an 18mth old!). I am hoping tonight we will all get some sleep.

I have been busy looking for and applying for some jobs, but there isn't much out there at this time of year......

Jess, seems like just the two of us in here! Good luck with the job hunting, it is hard at this time of year. Did Aidan sleep any better last night?

Not long till the birthday parties now! I have still done nothing apart from sending the invitations out...better start getting organised!

Yep looks like its just you and me!

I did some mystery shopping today for some food outlets so I am all stocked up for the party! I have also made a few purchases on ebay (lolly bags etc.) but I still need to actually sit down and work out everything I need. I keep putting it off....!

How is the morning sickness going? I cant believe you are over 10weeks already, it seems to have flown.

Aidan is much better, we all had a good nights sleep last night. But yesterday one of the Mum's from Mums Group rang and her baby has... chicken pox! What can you do......!

I'm here! sorry, my inbox hasn't been giving me notifications that someone has posted in here!

Jes, oh no about the chicken pox, hopefully Aidan doesn't catch it. Glad he is getting better.

Beth, yep definatly not long until the birthdays. I havent even sent me invties out yet! 8-[ Hasn't been a top priority until now because of the m/c and being really sick and having to go to the hospital.

Speaking of childcare, do you have to be working to get them in? Because Lily has a HUGE attachment problem and is being a brat basicaly and i REALLY need a bit of a break. All she does is either climb all over me or holds onto my leg and doesnt let go. She will scream when i need to go to the loo. I can't get ANYTHING done. So house work doesnt really exist at the moment. She isn't interested in toys or books, just wants my attention 24/7. So thought 1-2 days childcare might help and get her to have a social life!

Lily now has 5 teeth! Makes it easier to chew things but hurts when she bites!

The other day she was crawling and slipped(we have tiles) and landed square on her face. She's now got a sort of carpet burn type thing on her chin and a lovely purple bruise, poor bubba.

Oh, poor Lily! Kaleb seems to constantly have little mini-bruises all over his legs, but not so many now he is walking than when he was crawling. No, you don't have to be working to use childcare centres. Definitely sounds like you need a break...is it hard to get a place down the coast, because it is a nightmare up here.

Yikes Jess, chicken pox! That's a bit scary! Hope Aidan has managed to avoid it. M/S is still going strong, oh well, 4 weeks down, hopefully not much more to go 8-[

Went shopping for some party supplies today, got all the decorations, plates, cutlery etc. Still have to find a cake. Would you believe there are no 'proper' old fashioned bakeries around here, just these Brumbys-type places. Have to go searching next week.

Not sure how hard it is to get into childcare, will have to check.

We also only have Brumbys...Have you thought about making the cake yourself?

I know chicken pox, how scary! I have discovered that from the day they are infected it can take up to 21 days before they show signs so I have a long wait, am trying not to be paranoid.

Tegan, sounds like child care is a great idea, I even find 1 day a week is a nice rest and Aidan loves it. No you dont need to be 'working'. I didnt have a problem getting Aidan into child care, it seems down here the longer wait is for older kids?

A good friend of ours has offered to make Aidan's cake and she is an awesome cook!

Hi ladies, thought I would duck in and say hello.

Matty is now 9 months old and growing very fast. Glad to see that your bubs are going well. I can't believe the first birthdays are so close!

Jess - are you able to send me some info on your mystery shopping? I'd love to give it ago but never know what/who to contact.

Thanks

Hey nellbe, thanks for popping in to say hi! Hope Matty is going well!

Oh Jess, that sucks that you have to be on guard for 3 weeks...I know I would be obsessively checking for spots all the time, hard not to be paranoid.

LOL Tegan, I did think about making Kaleb's birthday cake then dismissed the idea immediately because 1) I am a very average cook and 2) we are going away for 4 days and we get back the day before Kaleb's party so I am going to be flat out getting organised as it is. So the bakery hunt starts today!

I see what you mean Jo. Well hopefully you'll find one in time. Only 13 days to go!

I have decided to make a penguin cake instead of the ladybug one. Looks easier and its way cuter.

Jo, how is the cake hunting going? It's great Kaleb is such a pro walker, I would love to see Aidan walk but he isn't even interested, although I have caught him a few times now balancing on his own. Is there anything you did to help Kaleb learn to walk?

Tegan, a penguin cake sounds great!

Nellbe, I will email you the details, let me know how you go.

Same old down here, we had GymbaROO and Mum's group today and I think I will enrol Aidan in MiniMaestro's next year because he loves music and dancing. I will consider swimming on a different day or waiting another semester.

I wish they had stuff like there here Jess. Or maybe they do? lol I havent seen anything though. What is MiniMaestro's?

Lily isn't interested in walking either. We have got her one of those ride on cars that they can also push whilewalking. She won't do it. We stand her up, she'll hold on and then when we let her go she just sits back down again. When we sit her on the car she won't push herself around either.

Tegan, dont worry Aidan is exactly the same. I will try to stand him up to hold onto those things but he plonks straight back down again! Mini Maestro's is a learn through music type of programme and they even have a concert at the end, can you imagine how funny that would be?! Have a look on the internet, you may be able to find something for Lily to do.

Wow Jess, you guys sure keep busy, that is great! I am quite interested in Gymbaroo, what kind of stuff do you do there? We go to swimming lessons, that is our only organised activity at the moment, but next year I want to start something else. It will be so much easier when Kaleb drops a sleep, he still needs 2 mega naps of 2 hrs each, so it makes it hard to fit stuff in.

Re the walking, we didn't really do anything to encourage Kaleb, except walk him around holding his hands, then one hand, then he just took off one day. He crawled and was pulling himself up quite early, but to compensate he'll probably be one of those kids that don't talk till they're 3!

I was going to take Lily to Gymbaroo in Newcastle but since we moved up here we can't because they are only at Cairns and Towoomba (i think) which kinda sucks. I have emails a few swimming places and a place that has dance and music and also a kindergym (gymnastics).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast