Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #11

Hi Everyone,

Well i've had the busiest week ever!!we just haven't stopped and i'm exhausted!!and have got mothers group tomorrow too!!we had a first aid course yesterday. it was excellent and covered everything from CPR,choking and drowning to meningococcal, croup and bronchiolitis..it was great and only $50 each!!

Won't do many personals know as i'm going to bed, but:
    Meg, sorry your sale fell thru..nasty old neighbours..let Coco make as much noise as possible!!
    Sarajo, Owen weighed 9.1kg last week(i know you asked this ages ago!!) and i'm in sydney too, no kangaroos here, but my folks live in Kangaroo Valley(2hrs sth of sydney)which has heaps of wildlife..kangaroos,koalas,wombats and all sorts of birds..its beautiful!!
    Tiggy,hope Ivy improves soon.Glad everyone else is better at your place!!
    Beck, Maddy is beautiful and will definately be popular as a baby model i think!!i can just see her as a bonds baby!!
    Melly, i hope logan is well and that all is going well for you and your DP. Sorry about your cat..there's nothing worse than losing a pet, they're def a member of the family!!
    Kate, i can't believe the receptionist!!Surely Jasmine's file would've said her date of birth!!!Also HAPPY 6 MTHS JASMINE

Talk later guys!!
    xx

Hello Ladies,
    God I am slack, I have had a full on little buba for the last few days. I have no idea what is wrong with him; he has been grizzly since his injections last Wednesday.
    I have just come back from mother’s group today as well, Thursday must be the day for them. Jett was so feral that I put him in the pram and walked there, anything for peace and quiet, I am stuffed now.
    Kate - Happy 6 Month Birthday Jasmine!!!
    Meg - I love the new pictures, I checked them out the other day,
    I hope that Cocos injections went well; she is a brave little girl. I was thinking to myself that you look at bit like Gretel, that is a good thing I think she is a stunner…
    I am so sorry about your sale falling through on the unit; I know what it is like to be crammed into a small place.
    Sam – Hope that you had a nice dinner tonight? How did your horse go??
    Tiggy – Glad to hear that Noah is doing well. Poor little Ivy hope she gets better real soon. How are you doing??
    The Hunter Valley sounds lovely, I haven’t travelled much but I would love to see Australia. Maybe when Jett is older it can be a family holiday. I love the "FAZ" - furry animal zone thing, they can be dangerous when they are all on the road.
    Beck – I love the new pictures, I checked them out the other day. I love your new ticker, where do you girls get all of your nice ones??
    I have had that problem with rice cereal so now I mix it with two ice cubes of pears; I never get it spat at me anymore.
    Mel – I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. My cat run away one month after Jett came home from the hospital, I had my cat for years and was really sad cause on day she just didn’t come back for her dinner.
    I can see how people would say you look like Alanis Morrisette, I see it too. I too love her music haven’t heard anything from her in a while, where has she gone??
    I am glad to hear that Logan didn’t have too much trouble with his injections, he is a brave boy.
    Sarajo - Glad dentist went well!! Hope your family is doing great, bet you are excited to catch up with them on your holiday, got the map thanks.
    Thank god I have the world thickest hair, I have lost that much that I haven’t needed a hair cut really. I have had it trimmed but that is all. I find my hair everywhere, Jett’s cot, in the toilet, the weirdest places.
    I have errors on my page and I can't fix them so no bold or smiles sorry...
    I have to catch up on all of these posts..
    OMG I forgot to tell you all I have a jod interview, not sure if I am ready to go back to work

Hello all

Jasmines shots went very well today, except for this lunatic in the waiting room which I will tell you about later, but she was very happy, then when she got jabbed the first time she cried until he put the bandaid on and she stopped, then 2nd one, she cried for a few seconds but as soon as that bandaid went on, tears and everything stopped immediately! The Dr and I thought it was very funny. So glad theyre over with until December now!

Thanks Melly & Christie! I cant believe Jasmine is 6 months old myself omg!

Btw Melly, Jasmine was born exactly 1am so you were only 17 mins off! I am so sorry to hear about your cat. How devastating. Its awful isnt it. Im so sorry thats very sad. I hope youre ok.

Meg That so sucks about your house and the neighbours. I would be making their life a living hell so they would curse themselves for not getting rid of you when they had the chance. Didnt you say Tilly was going to take up drums and you wanted to learn the trumpet?

Tiggy sorry to hear about Ivy not being well. I hope she is better soon. It must be so hard! Youre really a super special mum to care for your children the way in which you do! I hope everyone in your house is well and getting better soon.

Sarajo Ive only ever seen a few dead kangaroos on the side of the road when I went on a road trip around country Australia, but theyre definitely not jumping around in my town lol. Reminds me of the time when I was in high school and we had to get overseas penpals, and mine asked me if Kangaroos drove our taxis .... pmsl.

Christie that sounds great the First Aid course! How can I find out about that? I should so do one. My first aid knowledge is limited to bandaids and panadol LOL! Good to see you here too. Hope you and Owen are going well

OK I better run sorry again if I forgot anyone as usual. Im so tired. Just hanging out for the Footy Show... what an exciting life I lead LOL

Forgot Beck Yes, Katie Underwood was in Bardot! If you see her new videoclip you will totally see what I mean. Its a total compliment I swear. You have prettier eyes though! Oh and Im never in any photos because Im always taking them lol well thats what I tell everyone anyway! A friend of mine told me I look like Angela Bishop from Channel 10... which really ****ed me off because I dont like her at all LOL but other than that I only ever get that I look like a shorter / fatter version of Uma Thurman with freckles......which I dont see myself! When I get Jasmines bubsincharacter photos done I will get one with me in it and show you all I promise!

Sleep vibes to all, Good night!!!

Tiff - sorry to hear you got knocked down by the Gastro after it sweeping through your family, but glad to hear it was only there shortly. Poor little Ivy, wee tike has had a rough trot lately! Glad to hear that the other kids including Noah are doing ok though.

Jillian - I ended up sending 3 photos of Maddy in that competition (she's not a finalist in week 2 either...boo, crossing fingers for week 3). One was the photo of her when she was about 11 weeks old laughing hysterically with her eyes shut, another was one I took of her in the pram where she was staring me down with her big blue eyes; and the last one was a smiling belly shot in her pretty little blue summer top. I think they're all on either her photobucket site or the yahoo photos one. How's little Imogen doing? We should try and organise a Brissie meetup again soon.

Kate - will have to check out that music clip! *L* HAPPY 6th MONTH BIRTHDAY little Jasmine...what a brave little girl to do so well with her jabs today! Oh, and WTG on the 'Mummy' call. Doesn't it just make you melt?

Dani - sorry that you've had a rough trot with Jett since his injections! Hopefully the 'off colour' will end soon and he'll be back to his beautiful self. Sorry to hear that you've got to go back to work...are you going back fulltime or part-time?

Melly - {{{{hugs hon}}}} That's horrible about your beautiful little furball! I love the Alanis reference too...I can see the resemblence too! hehe

Christie - Wow, that First Aid course sounds awesome! Well done on going to it, I'm sure you feel much more in control of potential hazardous situations with Owen because of it! Thanks for the compliment on Maddy... Would love to have her do the Bonds ads! hehehe

Sarajo - We don't really have loose kangaroos here in Brisbane, being so central city; but if you drive a few hours out north-west, you get kangaroos and really they are a bit of a pest then. I remember a dancing parent who came from a country town here in Australia telling me how many friends she'd lost growing up after car collisions with kangaroos. Their affect on a car is not dissimiliar to deer in North America! Yay for your denist appointment not resulting in new fillings or worse!

Meg - I'm with Kate....I think you & Tilly need to take up some very noisy instruments. You know, violins and trumpets are very annoying when you're first learning them! hehe Oh and fantastic that Coco went well with the needles today; I'm sure you're relieved to have gotten them out of the way.

Well, it's after 10pm and Maddy is actually in bed. She went down for a nap without a fuss today at midday, so I'm not holding my breath that she will sleep until 5am. I'm hoping for at least til 3am anyway. Better head off to bed so I can get in a few hours before she wakes up!

Have a fantastic night ladies!

P.S - Hope I haven't forgotten anyone...my apologies if I have!

Good morning! Thank you everyone on where you live! lol on FAZ! We have to be careful about hitting deer, they can total cars. Do you not have deer? I cannot imagine hitting a kangaroo! Oh you want to know something funny? My college, Akron University...their mascot is a KANGAROO! How funny is that seeing how we dont even have kangaroo here! His name is Zippy! The picked a kangaroo because "it is an animal that is fast, agile and powerful with undying determination - all the necessary qualities of an athlete."

Oh shoot my computer is about to freeze up on me...I better post now and edit it later so I dont lose what I have written! grrr

ETA: Sigh well now Abby is ready to eat. I guess I cannot do many personals now!

Good job to all the bubs that did so well on their needles!

Happy 1/2 year JASMINE!

Hope Jett and Ivy are feeling back to their spunky selves soon! Poor bubs!

"Have a great day! I'll try to get back on later today!
    Last edited by sarajo; June 16th, 2006 at 03:37 AM.

Hi guys!!
    Well if immunisation has this effect, Im doing it more often!! Coco slept from 7.30pm-6.30am NO wake up. Can't believe it!! So happy, sure it won't continue, but how exciting if it did!! Very proud of her today!

KAte, have to laugh about the Ang Bishop comment!! I have to say, I worked with her for a few years and she was SO lovely.!! haven't seen her in 10 years, but she was good fun!
    HAPPY 6 MONTHS Jasmine!! The bubs are just growing so quickly!! Classic about drums
    and trumpets, think i Might give it a go! Have no room for them, so would have to put them outside the neighbours front door!!!

Dani, I hope Jett starts to feel better. Maybe he was just getting a cold anyway, it's that time of year, so many bubs are sick. Coco was off colour for about 10 days, and seems her happy self again now so hopefully Jett will shake it off soon.

Christie, my dad's new farm is in the Kangaroo Valley (fitzroy falls). I will have to let you know if we go to stay incase you're visiting your mum!! Do you know if they live near Fitzroy falls, or Robertson?? About 20mins from Bowral.

Mel, I can see ALanis too!! She is AWESOME. I saw her in concert in Hyde Park London, so great. She's also very attractive. Infact she's going out with some hot actor (can't remember who...they may have broken up now).

Beck, you're gorgeous and Katie Underwood is very attractive too. Haven't seen her new clip though.

I did a First Aid course a few weeks ago. One of the mums got her best friends husband to take it, he's an ambo driver. VERY informative, really glad we had the opportunity. I think it's very worthwhile once we have kiddies. I did one when Tilly was born, but couldn't remember a thing. I think it's something you need ot update every so often.
    Hope everyone has a great day, Im off to put Coco down. Hopefully she'll continue the good sleeping...won't hold my breath though!!!

*yawns* Well Maddy slept 10pm til 3am which wasn't too bad and then she came back to bed with me. She was really hungry but I think it might have been because she wasn't very warmly dressed and it got cold again last night.

WAHOOOOO on the great sleep Meg! You must have been so pleased!

Sara - my Mum is Canadian and I know they had huge problem with deer when they were growing up. They went through a nature reserve once and some crazy deer mowed down their car. I saw the photos....they can do so much damage! EEEkkkk...

hi girls,

Meg, mum and dads place is on the nowra side of kangaroo valley village, its walking distance to the village..its beautiful!!its few acres,with plenty of room for the horse and we're going to get owen a pony!!i'm so glad they moved there..my nanna had a farm when we were growing up and we used to love going there, i'm glad owen will have the same experience!!
    Dani, good luck with your interview!!can't believe you're going back to work!!i'm sooooo not ready!!
    Kate, what happened with the lunatic in the waiting room?!?sounds like a good story!!i can email you the name of the first aid course + contact details if you want..it was excellent and i can't recommend it enough!!they usually take 4-5 people(organised by you)per course and they come to your house!!
    Beck, i'm so glad maddy is starting to improve on the sleep front..i don't know how you have coped!!i've been so tired lately and owen sleeps all night 7-6 and usually wakes once around 3am for a feed..which is more of pain now we're bottlefeeding admittedly, but it could be worse!!
    Meg,congrats to Coco oon her big sleep!!!thats fantastic!!and you're off to tressillian next week arent you?must be getting close, anyway.

Well i'm off to get ready for mother's group.have a great day all!!
    xx
    Last edited by totalbabe77; June 16th, 2006 at 10:24 AM.

Morning All,
    Last night was better, I put an extra blanket on Jett and he seemed to sleep better, he got up at 5:30 this morning then went back to bed till ¼ to 8, Yeah.
    When he did wake this morning he had a snotty nose, so I will see if it gets any worse through the day. What is the best medicine to give for snotty nose??
    Hope everyone else is doing well.
    I got a call to go for an interview yesterday, I have been applying for jobs over the past few weeks. I just really want to go back causal. Now that I have the interview I am not sure that I want to work. Oh well it is only for 1 month, so it will be a nice change.
    I have just finished doing a cook up of Jett’s breaky, enough for another week. At the moment I love cooking for him I am sure that I will grow tired of it after a few years.

Meg – he is getting better or should I saw back to normal, He is asleep now and has been since 9am so that is what he was normally doing. I read that now our bubas are 6 month old all they need is 4 hours per day and 10hours at night, not to sure who made that rule, Jett has way more than that or he is feral!!!!
    Gotta go boy is up, more personals later.

I just thought I would write a post to say that I am still alive and well. Torin and Siobhan are doing well and have their 6 month check up next saturday. They are starting to need a lot more attention so with them and my 2 yr old I have little time to scratch myself let alone get on here. I have photos of them on my website if you are interested in looking.

We will be separating them in 2 weeks as they are still currently sharing a cot. I love watching them sleep as they hold hands and cuddle but they are getting too big to share now

I hope everyone else is well.

Clare

Hi Clare! Nice to hear from you! The babies are getting so big! I love the pics! Your 2 yr old is a stunner too! how darling! I dont know how you do it, girl! one 6 month old is plenty of work for me! lol!

Dani I use little noses saline drops on Abby and then an aspirator, and that works rather well! I hope little Jett feels better soon! Good luck on the job interview! If you dont want it, just give a bad interview lol! So the job is only for a month? Doing what? Well, good luck!

Beck I have never hit a deer, but plenty of people in my family have...and it will total your car if the deer is big! YAy on a good sleep for Maddy!

Meg yay yay on the major sleep for Coco! I hope it continues!

Christie have fun at mothers group! Your mom and dads place sounds like a dream! How's owen doing?

Kate cant wait to hear about the lunatic! lol! Oh I hope you dont mind but I love your colored posts so I am going to steel the idea and make mine all purple!

Abby had a TERRIBLE reflux day. I will tell the doc about it to morrow when I take her to get her shots (in 11 hours from now!)

You all have a good day!

XOXOXO

tiggy Guest

Sarajo, Sorry that little Abby had a bad reflux day but can totally understand Ivy has been so bad since her last adjustment from the chiro, this morning she vomited blood again, very scary.
    She had another adjustment today and hasn't vomited since (touch wood).

I hope she settles down for you.

Don't you get sick of smelling like sick? I had to buy a new shirt and jumper this morning before the chiro (I was at the shops trying to do birthday shopping for Lily). It wasn't so hard having to buy the clothes but silly. I usually pack extras for me but was in such a hurry this morning, forgot. OMG, I'm babbling!

Happy halfway Jasmine!!

Meg, Beck & Christie, thank you for that LOL I saw her in concert in sydney about 7 years ago.. Was in the 3rd row, it was awesome! Also got to see Garbage so that was probably one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Meg, last I heard she was engaged to Ryan Reynolds (from 2 guys, a girld & a pizza place) but maybe I'm wrong.. He's yummy too lol.. Also she had a song on the Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe soundtrack.. but nothing else recenly apart from her latest cd release which is called "the collection", but it's just a bunch of her songs from over the years. Apparently she is also releasing a book in 2007..

Sorry will come back for personals later, Logan needs cuddles

My goodness I have a screamer on my hands at the minute. If it is teeth that is causing this unsettled behaviour I wish they would just come through already. I have to go and attend to my screaming child, Arrrgghh, I feel like crying today too. I have tried to put him down for a sleep four times since 4 o’clock. I just hope that he doesn’t slip back into his old sleeping habits. He has been doing so bloody well since those injections.
    I went to one of those indoor playgrounds today with Jett; it was free for him, as he isn’t walking so it was good. I had lunch and a coffee with my friend Bec and her little girl Eliza had a play in the Babies area.

Clare – nice to meet you, I don’t think you have been around since I have joined in April. I struggle with one baby so you and Tiggy are really super mummies with double trouble. How sweet that they share the same cot, being a twin would be so special.

Beck – I don’t have to go back to work I just missed the adult interaction, I only want to go back casual, but this job looks like it will be full time for 1 month so that isn’t bad.

Sarajo – The job is working in a call centre, it is for a company called sales force. Sorry to hear about Abby and her reflux.

My God and Jett is still screaming, I am just tuning him out cause the hospital told me not to pick him up unless he is really in distress… He goes quite and then starts again.
    I have to get him up, will be back later for more personals.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggy
    Don't you get sick of smelling like sick?
    OMG Yes! I smell like sour milk everywhere I go! And poor Abby does too! The neighbors here are reluctant to hold her because she gets them too! I hope our bubs grow out of this soon! How scarey about the blood! It could be her throat, from the acid making it sensitive. I hope Ivy's reflux stays improved for you now!

Dani I hope Jett settles for you! Poor chicken, he has been having a rough time of it lately!

Hi lovely ladies!

Sorry I haven't been around today, been out visiting my sister & doing the food shopping. Picked up a bargain at Retrovision, a 5.5L slow cooker for $55! It's all the girls on the Slow Cooker chatter....I've been dying to buy once since reading about some of the recipes, plus it'll help with arsenic hour if dinner is already simmering away.

Hope you all have a terrific night, it's 10pm and Maddy is in bed. Just pottering around neatening up and wondering whether she'll wake up at 11pm for a feed, although she did just feed for an hour. *L* Here's hoping she sleeps through til at least 3am. 5am, nay, 7am would be even better! hehe

I hope you all are sleeping peacefully!

Abby just got back from docs, and she did great! She is now squeeling happily! She cried for a good 3-5 minutes, but that was it! The doc told me to wait another month before giving her more meat because of her reflux...fine with me!

Beck, CLASSIC< Im off to get my Slow Cooker this morning!! I've been reading the threads too!! Im sooo glad you posted, Im now going to check out retravision. I couldn't find one bigger than 3.5litres, and it was more expensive, so hoping my retravision has one for that price. Even so, i will see what they've got, and if it's big enough, I'll get one regardless. Im so looking forward to using it. Im going to do lamb shanks first up!! (tilly's dad arrives from london on monday and is staying the night, so I thought he'd like lamb shanks..)!

Sarajo, glad Abby went well with her injections! Coco still seems ok, last night I thought she might have temp, but she didn't. She's just got a big lump where needle went in. I think she fidgeted and the needle pulled a bit. Thank god it's over for another 6 months, that's all I can say. Im sick of immunisations!!!

The sleep was ok last night. She woke at 3.30am but went straigth back to sleep then fed at 5.15am. i wouldn't have fed her, and just let her resettle, but Tim has an exam today, so I let him sleep and decided from tonight NO MORE night feeds at all. We pretty much made it through though, so I think it will be achievable. Saying that though, she seems to have gone off my vegies....gggrrr.

dani, I hope Jett stopped crying and went straight to sleep!!
    By the way, my friend just did a week at Tresillian (sleep school) and the routine was quite interesting. Firstly she said the babies were fed a fair bit of food (prob the amount coco eats, ALOT), so after about 6 weeks on solids, they should be eating quite alot. Also she was told to milk feed at 7am, solids at 8am, sleep 9-11am (of course they may not, but leave in cot for 1.5 hours) Solids at 12 midday followed by milk, snack at 3 pm (fruit, although I give milk) and then 5pm solids and 6.15pm milk. I almost follow it, but I give a milk feed just before 5pm solids.
    Just an idea for anyone looking for some kind of routine. I know tilly was on this after tresillian and it worked a treat.
    They also say bubs do not need night feeds after 6 months (unless of course you want to continue).
    sorry about the massive post. Have a great day, we're off to buy SC and a HIGHCHAIR...oh the excitement!!!! oxoxoxoxo

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast