Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #11

Meg - I checked at another Retrovision today and the SC I got (Breville 5.5L) is on sale at $59...the girl gave us $5 off as Mum and I each bought one! *L* Its the white one. Hope you found one you like and the highchair too.

Sara - great to hear that Abby went so well with her needles! Must have been such a relief for you!

John finally heard back from that law firm he interviewed with. Would you believe they LOVED him and we're practically all ready to offer him the job when they had a head/lead programmer resign so now the position John applied for (which is a newly created position within the IT department) is on the backburner until they get a replacement for the lead developer! ARGGGHHHH!!! They told him they'll be getting back in contact in a month's time but John already has another interview lined up for Wednesday afternoon. So the big question will be whether he accepts another position in the meanwhile as that law firm hasn't given us any formal offer as yet!

Beck, bummer about the job for Johnathon, it sounds similar to when Tim was looking!!

Went to chatswood, go to retravision adn it's GONE!! Ended up having to go to Myer and got a 5.5litre one for $62. so not really too much more, but still, was quite annoyed.
    I also got the cheapest highchair I could find. Does nothing, just a seat with a little padding!! Was $69. I had the same for tilly and it did the job!! There's so much fancy stuff out there, they certainly know how to rip parents off. lucky I have no money and can't be swayed!!
    Coco is totally refusing all vegies. I do not know what has gone wrong. 5 weeks of loving them, and now not interested at all. I just force fed her (prob bad, but had no other option). I;'ve also had alot of trouble getting her to sleep today. Maybe it's the injections still annoying her. I am so tired though and just want a rest.
    We are going to the inlaws for arvo tea, so won't get to rest, but at least I can pass her to someone else!!
    hope everyone's having a good day
    lxxoxoox

Beck thats a tough call on the interview. Its not fair of the law firm to make him wait so long!!!

Meg weird about the veggies! Maybe have veggies and fruit and alternate spoonfuls! Would that get her to eat them?

Oh and another weird thing...Abby does get more shots (needles) when she is 9 months! Just one, though! Funny how different parts of the world do things differently! Oh well!

Do you all have Fathers day on sunday over there? If so what are you doing for your hubbys?

Morning Ladies,
    Thank goodness Jett went to sleep last night, I was going mental. He woke about 5 times before I went to bed at 10pm, hope it is teeth cause I am going mad trying to work out what has made him revert to his old sleeping habits. After so much hard work at sleep school I don’t want it to be a waste of time.
    Sarajo – good to hear that Abby did well with her needles, how many did she get?
    Meg – that is so helpful, I wasn’t told anything like that. My sleep school was more about getting him to go to sleep unassisted. I haven’t rocked and patted him to sleep since I came home from the hospital. Yeah for me!!!
    I pretty much following that pattern, it depends on what time he is getting up. I love it when he gets up at the same time cause the routine really works well then.
    Bottle 7 to 8am, depending on what time he gets up
    Breaky (2 ice cube of pears and rice cereal) 8:30am
    Sleep 9am – 11am
    Bottle 12am
    Lunch (Jarred Baby Food) 1pm
    Sleep 2pm – 3:30pm
    Bottle 4pm
    Sleep 5pm – 5:30pm
    Dinner (home made veggies, 3 ice cubes) 6pm
    Bath 6:30pm
    Bottle 7:00pm
    Bed 7:30pm
    What is an SC???
    God My neighbours have to be the nosiest in the whole of Vic. Both sides of me arrrh. This house is so close you can here Everything!!!
    One is always renovating banging and drilling. The other is always having band practice and singing in the shower next to Jett’s room. God I can’t wait till we move, hopefully it won’t be long…
    Oh and my bloody dogs, why oh why do they have to bark when Jett is sleeping, never when he is awake.
    Betta go of to my mum's for birthday drinks for her

Dani, SC is a slow cooker!! I bought one yesterday. If you go to the recipes thread there is a slow cooker chatter thread!! I saw all these delicious (and EASY ) recipes on there so I had to buy one. Beck bought one too!!
    I hope Jett slept welll for you. One thing my friend was told at tresillian, is to not let bub sleep after 4pm. Generally the rule I have is that she can have a nap at 4.30pm if she's been awake for over two hours, but I wake her by 5pm. She then goes to bed at 7pm. Maybe Jett is not tired enough at bedtime. Could you try not letting him sleep after 4pm. I think also you would've been at sleep school when he was alot younger, and I think from 6 months on, they can just hvae two sleeps a day, so if he's waking from his second sleep after 2pm, I would probably just keep him up. My friend was told to leave them in the cot for 1.5-2 hours at each sleep (9-11am and then 1-3pm) and they will eventually learn to resettle.
    I just find with coco that if she's had two decent sleeps and say wakes at 2.45pm, I wouldn't be giving her another nap.
    Just some ideas, it's all so difficult to know what to do, but maybe some of that may help you.
    I know my friend said that one woman as she was leaving sleep school last week, was told "your bub is on three sleeps a day because he is 5 months 2 weeks, but in two weeks, he'll be on two sleeps a day". She was annoyed as she wouldve just come two weeks later if she'd known that!
    Coco slept ok last night. Woke a couple of times (think Tim coughing woke her) but I didn't feed until 6.15am...YEY!!
    hope everyone has a good day. sorry for my mammoth post...
    xoxoxo

Edited to add: Sarajo, it's fathers day here in september! We have mothers day in May.. I got Tim a massage voucher for fathers day last year!! Also for mothers day the lazy sod made me a card that said 20 free massages from him. So doesn't cost money, but is still pretty thoughtful (damn good for him I have to say)!!!
    Weird that American bubs get a needle at 9months!! What is it for? xoxo

Just a quick pop before Im off to get the SC started on dinner, but Maddy slept 11am-12:15pm yesterday arvo, 5-6:30pm sleep, 8pm-3am sleep! I went to bed at 10pm and actually got 5hrs straight! When she woke up at just after 3am, I brought her back bed with us as she was 'booby-diving' while I was holding her.

Yey Beck!! Thats a fantastic sleep from maddy!! So happy for you, you poor thing, it must have been a hard 6 months for you (sleep deprivation wise). All I can say is that it was the same for me with tilly, and it does get better, and she'll prob end up being the best sleeper of the bunch (tilly certainly was)!!
    Are you doing pork in the SC? I just went to woollies and got some lamb shanks for tomorrow nights dinner!!!!!!!!! SO excited!!!
    Ive just done some cooking for coco. HAve decided that since she's being fussy with teh vegies, that she's going to have choko with her cereal and pear !!!
    talk soon xoxo

Meg - I cooked the sausage casserole today, it was so moorish that I almost thought that maybe the sausages weren't really cooked if that makes sense? *L* I had it on auto for over 5hours so I know it was all fine but still! *LOL* Going to make spag bol tomorrow in the SC, I think someone mentioned you don't have to brown the mince first, you can just throw it all in. The lamb shanks sound SOOO yummy, they're one of my DH's favourite meals! How did Coco like her choko mixed with cereal & pear? We tried Maddy on a tin of pureed vegies & rice today and she made the most hilarious faces. hehe Will try again tomorrow as I froze the remainder in an ice cube tray.

Dani - grrrrr on your noisy neighbours! Perhaps you should consider what we suggested to Meg with her troublesome old biddies. Borrow a trumpet and a set of drums off someone and have an impromtu band practise at an annoying time. Give them a taste of their own medicine! *evil grin* Sorry to hear that they do it by Jett's window! Well done on such a good sleep, play & feed pattern....might have to follow your lead with Maddy although she is much better than she used to be!

Sarajo - what's the 9 month needles for? Perhaps you don't have as many early on as the Aussie babies? Mind you, we have differences between the states that Meg & I live in! Up here, Maddy had 3 seperate needles at each of her first two immunisation visits, and will "only" be having 2 at her 6 month ones on Tuesday week (the 27th). It sounds like Abby has done so well since her needles last week...is she still sleeping & eating well since then? Glad to hear you haven't hit any deer! hehe

Christie, Leanne, Melly, Tiff, Clare, Jillian, Rach, and Kate; I hope you are all going well, had a lovely weekend and have a terrific sleep filled night!

Maddy is in bed (YAY!) and I'm off to have a little nanna-nap before the Socceroos play tonight. I figure if I go to bed now and Maddy actually sleeps - I can get about 6hrs sleep in before the 2am kick-off! *LOL*

Hello Ladies,
    I am watching the BB eviction whilst typing this OMG, Katie.
    Does anyone know what prize John won on Friday Night??
    Anyway, hope everyone has been having a great weekend. I haven’t been on much as DH has been home all weekend.
    I went to my Mumma’s for birthday drink for her, she was 47. I had too much to drink so I had to get a lift home, why do I do it to myself? Ben got up to Jett (so that was good) but then said can you watch him for a minute and went out. He was lucky that he came back with breakfast or I would have been really grumpy for him waking me up.
    This may be a little gross but I have to share it cause it was so funny (I have been told as I was out getting some groceries).
    Ben was giving Jett a bath and before I went out he did a fart. Ben said that he was chewing on his toes and he did another big one, then all of the sudden he decided that the bath would be a good place to have a poo.
    I gave Jett avocado the other day and he spat it back at me, has anyone else had this problem. I have mixed it with apple and he still doesn’t like it.
    Meg – Thanks for that, I was racking my tiny brain trying to work out what it meant. I think I might go and by one.
    Jett has missed that arvo sleep today as we went over to see my dad and step mum so I will see how we go without it tonight. Maybe he will sleep better???
    Oh, Meg what is choko??? I am dumb I know.
    Beck – Yeah on Maddy’s great sleeping, I bet you didn’t know yourself having 5 hours straight. Is 'booby-diving' breast-feeding??
    Sarajo – Yeah I wonder why Abby has injections again, the next one for us assize mumma’s is at 12 months.
    Sam Happy 6th Month Birthday Bailey Boy (for tomorrow)
    Wow Sam, 6th months have passed since that cheeky boy has come into this world can you believe it?
    Mel – Hope you are doing okay? Hope things with your DP are working out?
    Hope everyone else is doing okay, have a great night sleep everyone.
    Goodnight All
    Yay, computer is fixed.

Dani - *LOL* Yup, I call it 'booby-diving' when I get Maddy up for a nap and she dives headfirst towards my boobs and tries to latch on through my clothes! *LMAO*

On Big Brother, John won a camera on Friday night...it was in box 3, in one of the other boxes was a trip for 2 to Africa and the other box had a mug with Queen Elizabeth in it! *LOL*

*LOL* @ the fart & poo in the bath. At least it wasn't you bathing him! teehehehe. Am always worried about this scenario when I take Maddy in the bath with me. She hates the shower.

Beck,
    Jett loikes the shower he just isn't to keen about the water on his face. Ben normally gives him a shower which is cute, he loves doing stuff with his dad.
    Ben and Jett have just had a spa bath tonight which Jett really loves.
    Any I really should go to bed now
    Hi to Christie, Leanne, Tiff, Clare, Jillian, Rach, and Kate hope all is going well
    Night

Sorry, I said I'd come back for personals and that was 2 days ago! LOL

Sarajo, Good to hear Abby did so well with her needles! I hope Don had a good fathers day.

Beck, LOL at the "booby-diving"! Logan is much the same. I have to be careful if I carry him somewhere in public, he likes to either try to eat his way through my clothes or puts his hands down/up my tops

Yay on Maddys great sleep!

Dani, LOL Jetts poo in the bath, I'm glad you weren't in there with him.. Poor Ben! I am still not sure how things are with DP, still a bit confused. He promised he would go to my PND Partners Night.. and forgot :mad: But he did actually look after Logan on Saturday, that's the second time ever so that was good. Although we were both freaking out, him because he's not used to looking after him by himself and me because I'm not used to leaving him with some one else. Logan even said Dadda for him so he was thrilled. I got to go get my hair cut for free LOL so it was a good day for everyone. Well except when Logan woke up from a nap and expected to be fed, but wouldn't take a bottle so he wouldn't let DP put him down without getting cranky. I had to leave my workshop early, but I didn't mind since I was missing Logan.

Meg, What kind of highchair did you get? I need to get one for Logan. He got to sit in a highchair at my brothers house last weekend. He was so happy just pushing all his toys off and watching everyone eat LOL. Mum says I should get him a second hand one, but I want to at least get him a new cheapish one.. is that so wrong? She keeps rolling her eyes when I want to buy him something new.. Seems like its the only thing we disagree on atm.

I've been trying Logan on some solids this week. Mum made a really thick soup, it's just pumpkin & potato, no spices or anything added, so I put some of it in an ice cube tray and have been trying him on that. Also tried some cooked, pureed pears. He doesn't seem overly keen on any of it, but there is more going in than he's spitting out so thats better than a few weeks ago. He managed to grab the end of the spoon tonight while I was trying to feed him. He also blew raspberries with food in his mouth. We ended up with the soup all over both of us, but we had a good laugh at it.

Mum has gone to Canberra so see my sister for the weekend. OMG Logan has been so clingy. I feel like I've been taking Mum for granted, at least when she's home I get to eat dinner in peace while she gives Logan a cuddle. But it has also been good to have free run of the place, so to speak

Anyway, I have rambled on for long enough and I'm not feeling well so I am off to bed.
    I hope everyone had a good weekend.

*LOL* Jillian, I ended up piking. Decided to take advantage of Maddy being a little angel in bed at 7:45pm, and went to go to bed at 10:30pm. Of course, Maddy decided to wake up and ask for a feed! *LOL* Brought her back to bed with us, fed her for 20 minutes and then took her back to bed. She then slept through til 3:45am and came back to bed for another feed. Then we snoozed together until 8am so that wasn't too bad.

Melly, glad to see you again! Sorry to hear that your DP didn't make it to your PND partner event; but am happy that he did manage to spend some time with Logan. He must have been so happy to get a Dada. I think this is a very clingy age for babies somehow, Maddy screamed when we went to visit my Dad & my step-Mum. *L* Mind you when I was sick yesterday, Maddy & DH hung out together and she only had eyes for her Daddy let me tell you! Was only interested in me for my boobies....I joked that if DH sprouted some lactating boobies that I would be redundant! *L* Hope you're feeling well soon Melly!

Well off to get the beef mince started in the SC for tonight's dinner!

Morning Ladies,
    I anyone have the problem of their babies wetting right through everything? I had to get up to Jett at 2am he was soaked, I had to change his bed and all. The only thing I can think of his he is having water in his cup a far bit.
    Beck is so right it is a clinggy time for these babies, Jett is always wanting to be held atm, It must be teeth.
    Beck - Gotta get me one of those slow cookers, they sound like they are the best things created for busy mum's. I am glad that you didn't stay up for the soccor, as they didn't win anyway. I try to get as much sleep as I can now, it is hard to make myself go to bed cause I am a bit of a night owl.
    Melly - I am really sorry about DP and him missing you PND meeting. I hope that things start to look up for you all, at least he looked after him on the weekend.
    Catch you all later
    Happy 6 Month Birthday Bailey

That's true Dani, Maddy was wet this morning when I got her up at 3:45am which was a bit odd. She uses disposables but sometimes when DH puts her nappy on at night he doesn't fasten it tight enough. I put her nappy on last night, but she seems to have soaked out of one of the legs. Hmm.... Maddy too has been drinking lots of chilled boiled water from her sippy cup & bottle at the moment.

Hi everyone, what alot of chatting has been going on!!
    We were at the airport this morn, picking up Tillys dad. he's been in UK for 1 year (he's pommy).. He's staying here tonight.

Mel, Im not sure of the highchair brand, but it was at babyco. I think it was on sale, but there's always cheap options there. It's got a harness and padded chair, but no reclining or anything like that. Does the job though, she sits in it to eat!!
    pretty pathetic that DP didn't go to the PND group. Bloody men...

Dani, you crack me up! Choko is just a sweet green vegie!! Mum always gave it to us covered in white sauce, DELISH!!! I actually made it with pear and ended up giving it to coco with pumpkin as well. She ate it, just a bit slowly!! Choko is sort of tasteless so you can put it with anything!! (thus the fruit and cereal)!
    I have only been watching BB on sunday nights (very occassionally on fri night) but I was glad Katie went. Seems to me she was totally immature and blonde!! (no offence anyone, I am blonde anyway). Im glad she's out. I know her and Jamie were the fav's to win, but I think theyr'e both nightmares.

Beck, was the sausage casserole in the reciped thread for SC or teh SC chatter? I will have to try it, sounds YUM!! I put the lamb shanks on 45 mins ago and keep checking them! I keep expecting them to be done...but I've got another 8 hours!!!
    Also I wanted to ask, is it better to start on auto, or slow or what? the recipe says slow for this, but I havent seen a recipe saying auto...
    gotta run, talk soon xoxo

Meg, I used auto on mine yesterday and I have my porcupines on auto again today. My SC says to use low only to keep warm, or if recipe says 'low' to have the first 2hrs on high first. Does that make sense? I used the sausage casserole recipe from the slow cooker recipe thread.

Hope everything goes well with Tilly's Dad...does she get to see him much?

Sami Guest

Smile

Thanks Dani.

Have been a little busy lately. Pete's sister has been down and she is due to have her baby in 6 weeks. Didn't have a pram or anything so I spent the weekend helping her out then had my brother visit yesterday. Very busy time.

We are all well - Bailey is rolling everywhere now. No stopping him. He is pushing up with his arms and then with his legs so who knows when he will crawl but he is a determined little monkey.

I have my appointment with the health centre tomorrow - that will be interesting. We have started on sweet potato and he loves it.

I've also been thinking about getting a slow cooker - they sound fantastic.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast