Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #12

hi there girls

just wanted to say that i know how you feel in regards to sleepless nights and teething issues - i just keep praying that I'll wake one morning to see a set of shiny white teeth....just wanted to throw my 5cents in - hope you guys don't mind.....

Hi Dianna, of course it's ok to pop in!! I too am waiting for the teeth to pop through. Have been blaming everything on them for the last 3 months, but still nothing!!
    Off to bed now, hoping for a good sleep, but quite aware it probably won't be. Sleep vibes to everyone.
    xoxo

Good morning guys!!

Here's hoping that everyone had a good night!! When Hannah popped her first tooth we were away having our first family holiday and it seemed like she cried the whole time (well two days before it popped through the gum) It didnt really notice the unsettled sleep during the night because she had been like that for Quite a while.. Hannah popped both bottom teeth within a week. I am just waiting for the tops ones now, its very white up there!!!

I went and did a day stay with Hannah at Madasa private hospital and i have to say it was the best thing i could have done. The sleeping is so much better but The best thing is that I have my very Contented baby back!! The feeding is great and we are all so much better for it..
    I was co slepping with Hannah and i do miss it but it was getting to the point were she was not settleing with me.
    The one saving grace is that we have had no problems with settleing her she really has just fallen straight into.
    (thankgod we have no problems)
    WE have got her shots next tuesday and then thats it for 6 months..

Beck congrat on DH's job
    Meg hope you had a better night
    Kate cant wait to see the photos once you get them!

I am sorry i have left people out but gotta go

XXXXXXXXXX
    Last edited by Rach; July 7th, 2006 at 09:32 AM.

Rach, that's so exciting about Hannah's sleeping. i found with tillyit was an easy transition too (apart from the first night of intense crying) but she'd co-slept the whole time. Whereas with Coco she's had ups and downs and has been in her own cot for the whole time, so it's not so clear cut for her. anyway, here's just hopingit's teeth!
    How sweet that Hannah has two teeth!! I love the gummy look, but I also love the two front teeth look...so gorgeous!
    HOpe everyone's having a good day. My lovely mum took me to lunch. We went to a little cafe and sat in the sun, was so beautiful. I had Coco in teh HAB facing the world, she loves it, and it was nice and easy for me (I hate lugging prams anywhere)!!
    Off to buy some braeurs teething medicine now,. Im hoping that's what caused last nights drama and that they will appear....SOON!!!
    xoxoox

Thanks so much Meg!! I wish we had sun today!!
    Heres hoping Coco's teeth pop and you have a better night!!

Gotta go hubby just got home to look after Hannah while i go to an appt..

Rach, So glad Hannah is sleeping well for you!

Meg, I hope Coco's teeth come through soon and everything settles down. How nice of your mum to take you out to lunch, sounds like you had a lovely day. I so need to get a HAB I think, getting sick of lugging the stroller on & off public transport.

Wahoo! I found childcare on campus for Logan so I can start my open foundation thing in a couple of weeks at the start of the semester. I'm so excited and scared LOL

Hope all you ladies & bubs are having great days.

Mel, yey about childcare on campus, that's so exciting!!
    Well what a shocker of a night. coco was again up for 3 hours straight. I do not understand what has gone so wrong. She goes to sleep in seconds during the day, but nights are our enemy. Driving me absolutely nuts.
    I am booked into tresillian again and will hopefully go in within the next 2-3 weeks. Im top of the list and will be ringing and begging!! I need some help here!!

gotta run, real estate are due in a minute. Coco is asleep, so will have to wake her. Tilly and I are not dressed as our clothesare in coco's room...the nightmare...
    hope you are all well and so are the bubs xoxo

Sorry to hear you've had a rough night again Meg! Maddy has been like that for a week and last night was a breakthrough for us; although I totally understand where you're coming from! {{{{hugs}}}}

Melly - that is such great news that you've found a childcare spot on campus for Logan. It'll be so much more convenient for you 'cause if Logan's ill or out-of-character it'll be a short walk for you to get to him. Good luck with your studies! Wish I could be so disciplined, but I've decided on my next career path. I'm going to become a baker... *L* Once Maddy's old enough for kindy I'm going to try and get an apprenticeship of sorts to learn how to bake. Eventually it would be great to open a proper bakery.

Nice to see you again Rach...glad to hear that you have your contented little bubba back. Way to go Hannah for being so good for Mummy! Anything else new going on in your life?

Well for us, we're off to the Gold Coast today for a night away. Our 4th wedding anniversary is on Thursday and every year DH's parents give us a night away as a present. Should be really nice and we're hoping it stays sunny so we can take Maddy to the beach.

She screamed the house down last night in bed for 1/2hr but would you believe we perservered and she slept 10pm - 7am!?!?! I freaked out a couple of times wondering if I'd brought her back to bed and dropped her 'cause she wasn't in my arms. Irrational mummy I am!

Hope you all have fantastic weekends! Will be back tomorrow afternoon to catch up on all the goss!

Happy anniversary for next week Beck!! Hope you have a lovely night!
    I like your bakery idea, how quaint! You will also be rich from your baby room products!! ( I was without a nappy the other day and could've really done with a nappy/wipe dispenser)!!
    We just changed Coco's car seat around to face the front. It's a big milestone for us!! Tim, Tilly and I were all very excited!!
    Im thinking coco's sleep has something to do with teh wrapping. i was trying not to wrap her so much, but think the only way she'll sleep at the moment is tight wrap with sleeping bag over the top. Think I'll just continue with that until tresillian!!
    how is everyone else going?? Dani, Kate, Sarajo ?? And to all the other lovely mumma's and bubba's, hope to hear from you all soon xoxo

Hey there Meg

I was just reading your post about wrapping Coco.

I too have this issue with Brodie where he needs to be wrapped and he also has a gro-bag - what I actually do is put him in the gro-bag first and then wrap on top - ironically it seems to work.

I think Brodie's personal challenge through the night is to get out of the wrap - he mostly wins, well atleast the top half of him does and if he gets out through the night he has the sleeping bag to keep him warm - everytime i have done this technic he has slept through - well atleast from 10.30pm - 6ish - 7.30ish am - it drives DH mad as Brodie is quite robust and loves a wrestle but it's worth the effort.

Just thought I'd share that one with you - who knows it could just work....

Thanks Dianna! I've been doing the opposite, wrapping under teh sleeping bag!! It's so hard to know what to do. I think I'll do my way tonight (as I've been trying different things) and if that doesn't work i will try your way!! I am willing to give everything a go!!It's a learning curve this baby thing isn't it!! And it shows just how different all bubs are, because this wasnt an issue with Tilly. She was never ever wrapped and infact she never even had a sheet or blanket until she was in a bed. I just dressedher appropriately. It was so much easier!!
    xo

Beck, Your bakery idea sounds good.
    Thank you, I don't know how disciplined I am, I keep thinking maybe I'm doing the wrong thing! Also with it just being on campus with me I only have to go to one place instead of having to get to some place to drop him off/pick him up.
    Like Meg, I really could have used a nappy/wipes machine last week. I keep leaving my baby wipes at home for some silly reason
    Happy anniversary for next week! I hope you & DH have a lovely night away.

Meg, Sorry Coco had a bad night last night. I hope she sleeps better for you tonight.
    Yay on the car seat facing forward!
    I meant to say ages ago, Logan LOVED the massage class the second time around. The first class, he cried, whereas the second time we went everyone kept saying how much he looked like he was enjoying the massage.

hi guys!
    Well, not a huge improvement. She slept 6.40pm-4.35am which is good, but then was awake for 2 hours. Just dont' know why she is waking at this time or earlier and not going back to sleep. It's driving us all insane. Poor tilly is just getting the worst nights sleep. Hoping that if I persevere and let her cry that it will work out in the end. I do go in alot, but there's not alot I can do when I refuse to feed her during the night or give her a dummy. I know she doesn't need either. So it's a bit of a waiting game!
    Hope everyone's having a good weekend. Beautiful weather here agian...think I'll have to get coco outside for a walk .
    xoxo

Morning Ladies,
    I am still here, I have been missing in action as I got a virus on my computer and had no idea. My brother has been working on it since Tuesday. I have been so lost without it.
    My goodness we have still got the flu in this house. I have been to my doctors with Jett and I, and he said “just ride it out”. Well let me tell you all it has been a very long ride so far. It has been three weeks so I am hoping it is at the end of its run. I have been pretty much house bound apart from my walk everyday as I don’t want to make all my family and friends sick, I haven’t been to Mother’s group or to see my Mum for about a week now.
    Anyway good news is I have got Jett’s spot in childcare. He is only going 2 days a week and he starts in the first week of August. I went down for orientation day with him the other day and he seemed to enjoy it.
    I have no idea of what I am going to do with him on Monday, Tuesday and Friday’s yet. I guess I have a month to work that out.
    No teeth yet here either, I don’t even check his mouth now cause I have just decided that he will never get them. My MIL told me the other day that Ben didn’t get teeth till his 1st birthday, OMG. I am going to go loopy if I have to wait that long. I got my first teeth at 5 months, so who knows?
    Beck – I too went to the Kmart sale but only got a few things. I am waiting till the Target sale because it is normally got more range. Last year when they had the sale I think we got Jett every fisher price toy that was made so he really doesn’t need anything. I got it for him last Christmas as I knew cash would be limited this year when it comes to buying him toys.
    Congrats on the job for DH. That is sure going to make life easier for you all. Hope you enjoyed your coffee, I think I would have popped a bottle of champers.
    Kate – Hi Love, I hope that your surgery goes well, I will be booking mine in as soon as I have the spare $1000, who knows when that will be properly never.
    I have never heard of Bubsincharacter photos so I am so keen to see them, let me know when you post them on Jasmines site.
    Meg – wow, Coco and no dummy, that is fantastic. Jett only has it to fall asleep with at the start and then doesn’t really want it, which is good. My step sister stoped using hers that first day she went to primary school which I think is really bad.
    I did the same thing the other night, Jett was crying and I put a pillow over my head and went back to sleep, how bad is that. I was so lazy that I just ignored him.
    We have a budget too but never truly stick to it, so don’t feel bad if you don’t we all have good intensions.
    Meg, I know that it is hard to just “let them cry ” but that is what I had to do at the hospital. It is so bloody hard but when you have do everything else what is left to do?
    Jett gets that bad that he vomits, I pick him up before he gets to this but normally he will go to sleep before this happens. I wish I could come over and help you, I know how hard it is. If you need to chat I am around.
    Tiggy – I hope thing are better for you, holidays must be crazy in your place? Thanks for the chat the other day, it really made a bad day better, so thanks. I hope Ivy and Noah get over their colds soon so you can get some sleep, I know how you must feel but you have double the work, You are a champ!!
    Christie – I agree with Tiggy I reckon you are going to do just fine. You look like a natural mumma. I will put my money on another boy too. How cute about the start of your belly. I can’t wait to be pregnant again I loved having a round hard belly as apposed to the pot gut I have or should say had (now I just have flab and road maps, haha).
    Sam – Hope all is going well with you all.
    Melly - Hope all is going well with you as well, How are logan's swimming lessons going? Are you still going?
    Hope everyone else is doing well. Hugs to you all
    Betta go and do my housework.
    BBL now that my laptop is back.

well we are having a hellish day!! owen has been crying and cranky since he woke up, he stopped while we were out at the shops then started up again when we got home..ugh..ben is in bed since he's on night shift at work tonight(can't help being a bit resentful of him-i'm tired too!!)and have just put owen in bed since he is tired..he's just had an hr sleep but i got him up and was going to give him an early dinner but he cracked it..hate hearing him cry and don't know how to help him...only 3 more hrs left of this day til bed time(thats a terrible thing to say isn't it???)

{{{{{Christie}}}}}} We're in the same pattern here at the moment if that helps even slightly! Maddy has been miserable all day and started screaming when our friends came over for dinner. She's overtired but won't sleep properly so we put her down screaming in her cot for a nap. Cried for 1/2hr but finally slept for a good hour and now she's crying inconsolably again. *sigh*

Owen went to bed at 7 thank goodness and have not heard from him since..hopefully he'll be right now..i hope maddy has setlled down for you too beck!!it sucks when they have a day like that!!since owen doesn't cry much, when he does i find it so hard to deal with it..i hope the next bub isn't a crier!!although i guess i would get more immune to it huh?!well i'm going to fall into bed..am exhausted after this crazy day..
    PS we bought owen his big xmas/bday pressies today!!(well laybyed them)we got him the fisher price learning house(bday) and for xmas the fisher price roll around roll and roar dinosaur and also the f/price bounce and spin zebra(on the pack it looks like a zebra version of a mechanical bull!!!pmsl at owen on a mech bull!!!)we also got him a wiggles DVD and we're gonna get him some blocks and stuff too..also my mum got him the best pressie, its the f/price toy box-it is one of those big plastic tubs with a sesame street soft toy,some peek a blocks,the peek a blocks train, a roll a rounds fire engine and a peek a block building set(the blocks click together)was only $98 from Big W..pretty good i thought!!
    Well have a good night all!!

*L* Christie, my sis laybyed the Learning House for Maddy for Christmas/Birthday too! *LOL*

Glad to hear that Owen has gone down...Maddy woke up about an hour ago and we let her cry for 2 mins and she fell straight back to sleep. She looks all snuggly & warm in her bed with her new flanny sheets. hehe

See you in the morning! I'm sure Maddy'll be awake soon for a big feed so I'd better do the dishes before she wakes up.

Edited to add: DH brought her to me in bed at 10:30pm for her big feed and I fell asleep with her. We slept until 4am and then I put her in her own bed so I could have a couple of hours to myself. She slept until 7am in her bed; so theoretically if you count when she first went to bed at 6pm, she slept for over 12hrs!
    Last edited by Beckibee; July 10th, 2006 at 09:00 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast