Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #12

Beck, i think I did add beef stock, but for the last one I made I didnt'!! Would prob add it next time though!! Say about a cup of beef stock.
    Sarajo, good to hear you've caught the illness early, hope you're feeling better soon. Im just adding a photo to coco's site and then Im going to check out your updates Sarajo!
    xoxo

Owen loves sitting but his latest thing is looking sideways at everything!!is this weird??it sure looks it!!he tilts his head on a 90 degree angle(with his ear resting on his shoulder basically) and looks at things like that!!weirdo!!and not so good for the balance when he's sitting either!!!

*L* Christie, that is EXACTLY what Maddy has been doing except she does it for attention with a big smile on her face.

I'm glad to hear it's not just Logan doing the head tilting thing!
    Gotta go visit the childcare to get him used to being there.. BBL

Abby does it too! I thought it was just her! She does it especially when I am behindf her and she nearly puts her head backward and tilted to the side and smiles big! Sometimes I think she is gonna get stuck! lol!

well seems like its normal then, huh!?!guess its a different perspective on the world for them!!

Coco doesn't do it, but then she doesn't sit either!!!! hee hee
    Poor Tilly is sick, damn gastro, and I've been accepted to tresillian on monday. i am sure either coco or I will be sick by then. Typical.
    anyway, Tiggy, I join you with the gastro. So annoying, if it's not one thing its' another.
    hope everyone is having a good day xo

tiggy Guest

Oh Meg!
    Sorry to hear that the gastro has caught up with you!
    It's awful. I can do coughs and colds but I HATE GASTRO!!!!!
    Thinking of you and I hope it's short lived, misses you and Coco (or if not, that it's over with by the time you have to go to Tresillian).

Thanks Tiggy, Im with you, gastro is the worst. I feel sick regardless if I get the bug or not...
    How are Ivy and Noah? hope they're improving.
    have a good night everyone xo

tiggy Guest

Oh Meg,
    Theyu are alot better but still not what I would call well. Ivy is still very lack lustre and Noah grizzly.
    I have been giving them panadol 4th hourly and Panquil at night for what seems like forever. I tried to just give them Panadol last night and it was a disaster! They screamed down the house. Eventually I gave them Panquil and about twenty minutes after that they settled, so i'd say their pain is still there.
    We are going to Sydney to see my big girls' paed next week and she has agreed to see Ivy and Noah, which I am very thankful for. She is someone I trust and she knows that I have a nursing background, so she will not treat me as though I have neuroses running through my veins.

Tiggy that's great that you're going to see a paed, and that they're improving!!
    Tilly is much better today thank goodness. Still hoping it doesn't spread. I feel icky, but im not sure if that's just from the whole thought of it!!
    Gotta run, we're cleaning up..as usual..for our saturday open!!
    hope everyone slept well (coco didnt')....xoxo

Hi Ladies,
    Hope all of you are going well, not much new happening here, still both have snotty running noses, arrh. Ben never seems to get sick, It is only Jett and I think we are just giving back to each other.
    I am off to pick up Jett’s Pixi Photo’s today, I hope that they turned out okay, if not I don’t have to buy them.
    I went out last night with the girls I worked with at Telstra, wasn’t a late one was home by 11:30pm, pretty sad really.
    I am going to have to do the washing and put it in the dryer, It has been raining all night and still is now, I hate winter.
    I have been so slack in catching up with personals so now that Jett is staying at his Nana's for the day I will be able to catch up.
    Sarajo - Glad to hear that you are back about, I will check out the new pictures after the post.
    Tiggy - I am sorry to hear about the little darlings being sick. It is good that you are able to take them to the pead that you are used to.
    Oh, I didn’t know you were a nurse what type? What is Panquil, I have never heard of it.
    Things in this house are better; Black dog has been quite, so that is good. I have run out of medication so I must go and get it. Opps…
    Meg – Jett doesn’t really look around either. He loves to sit and really cracks them now if he is laying on his back. He is at the stage now where he is moving around in 360’s and moving backwards sought of. He sometimes pulls his legs up but I don’t think he really means to do it, oh well.
    Poor Tilly with her gastro, I remember being sick at her age and it is horrible. I too hope that it finishes with her and doesn’t get passed around to you all.
    I can deal with everything other than spew; even milk spew makes me ill.
    Oh that is fantastic that you are off to the Tresillian Nurse, I hope that you are both well enough to go. Fingers crossed.
    Christie - Hope you are feeling well.
    I am off to get this washing done.
    Bye all

tiggy Guest

Hey, Dani,
    I'm a midwife!!!!
    Panquil is the nicest word you will ever hear in the midlle of the night when you have a screaming baby.
    It is panadol with other stuff mixed in, sucrose (which acts as a natural pain relief and some other thing that calms them down when they are in pain. It also helps them sleep.
    You can get it over the counter at the chemist but they give you the third degree when you buy it.
    My paed put us on to it 10 years ago.

Glad to hear that the black dog has been good. She hasn't been quite so obedient here but Oh well, what can you do? Sorry that you are both still sick.
    It's pouring here too and I will never get on top of my washing at this rate!!!!

I hope the pixi fotos turn out nice, you'll have to scan and show!

Meg, glad to hear that the gastro wasn't too bad for Tilly, hope it passes you by.

Poor Tilly is not going to her dad's today, we couldn't quite decide if she was well enough. Decided she needed a day of rest.
    Im still nervy about catching it, but what can you do.
    Can here miss Coco better go alnd get her up. Not very good sleeps today. xoxo

Hey ladies...how are your weekends going?

Meg - hope little Tilly is feeling better soon. I was a big sobbing wuss over gastro recently, so loads of hugs and get well wishes to her. Sory to hear that Coco isn't sleeping well; hope you both stay well past Monday so your visit to Tresillian can go ahead and you can get your sleeping issues sorted.

Tiff - sounds like slow progress on the health of the little ones. Speedy get well soon vibes to your little ones so that you too can finally have a good night's sleep sometime soon. Mummies totally don't get enough credit for what they go through.

Danni - I hear you on the back-to-back transfer of germs.Seems Maddy & I keep reinfecting each other; although generally only one of us is sick at any one time. Get well vibes to you as well; and I hope that little Jett is his happy, healthy self again soon.

Nothing much amazing happening here. Have lamb shanks on in the SC and it smells SOOO good I want to just run in and eat them now. Got home late from the shops and didn't get them on til 1pm, so they went on high for 2 1/2 hrs and now they're on auto til about 6 tonight I guess. Used your suggestion of white wine & stock mixture Meg; threw in some mixed herbs, crushed garlic and 2 bay leaves for good measure. So hope it tastes great. Do you do anything with the liquid...ie. make a gravy/sauce of sorts by thickening with flour?

Maddy is completely under the weather with a cold. Had a rough night with her in bed with us the whole night, it took me ages to fall asleep amongst her sniffling and gurgling cold noises. Have finally gotten her down 15mins ago after feeding for TWO HOURS for a long overdue nap.

Meg, how far are you from central Sydney in the city? DH is staying in a hotel in the city but he has meetings/dinner late til after 9pm both nights he is in Sydney. Would you be interested in catching up for Yum Cha or something in the city for dinner one night if I do end up going to Sydney week after next with him?

Oh, and yesterday when my Mum was over to watch Maddy during my driving lesson; she held Maddy's lip & tongue down *L* while I looked at her tooth. Turns out she got BOTH bottom teeth at once so that's why we had such a rough trot with the teething two weeks ago!

Hi guys!!
    Beck, it's a bit late, but with the lamb shanks, I add tomato paste which thickens the sauce.
    Im just over the bridge, so very close to the city. Would love to meet for yum cha!!!
    Wow about maddy's two teeth, I wonder if Coco's will ever come!!
    coco slept from 7pm-7am last night.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only thing is it was with a dummy. Now Im scared to go to tresillian and have no dummy. Honestly why does it work two nights before we go!!
    Im extremely tired. We went out last night and got home at midnight, but after talking to MIL, didn't get to sleep until about 2am. Then up at 7 with the kids adn Im totally knackered.
    gotta run and get tilly ready to go to church. She is soooo hypo (must be better) and we need some peace!! xoxox

Wow, so quiet in here today!! I just wanted to come and say bye. Im off to tresillian tomorrow and not sure if I'll have a chance to get on in the morning. Don't think I'll have access to a computer until friday. Im going to suffer from serious withdrawls!!
    Hope you all have a super week, I'll miss you and your bubba's. Hope that I come back with some positive news!!
    See you soon xoxoxo

good luck with tressillian meg!!!hope you get a well deserved rest and miss coco learns a thing or two!!
    yay for maddy having 2 teeth!!
    sorry to hear that jett, and ivy and noah are all still sick..hope they are improving!!
    am very tired, just about to go to bed..but just wanted to say i've got my u/s in the morn at 8am..yay!!will let you know how far along i am!!am so excited to see the bub for the 1st time!!still can't believe we're going thru this all over again!!
    well off to bed..talk tomorrow!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast