Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #13

Oh Tiggy,
    Jett is still going on and on, it has been 7 hours and he hasn't slept. He is hiotting the roof now, Black dog is barking it's head off.... I can feel the steam coming out of my ears. I think I am having a down week as I am really sick.
    I have to go, chat soon
    Hugs to you...

tiggy Guest

Oh Dani,
    I'm sorry to hear that that lousy mut is yapping away loudly, she really is a ***** (pardon the pun). I hope that Jett is ok, I hope you are too.
    When Noah was doing that a couple of weeks ago, he had a middle ear infection. No temp though, so had no idea.
    My heart goes out to you.
    ETA: Don't beat yourself up about having a down week, that's part of this thing, sometimes you feel normal and others...not. A screaming baby really makes it hard and being sick too. If there's anything I can do...

Hi Everyone

Omg feels like such a long time since Ive posted, and its only been like a week or something. I will never catch up on personals but I will try from now on!

So much is going on here at the moment, I just barely have a moment to myself to post!

Jasmine is going very well. Im totally jack of my msn webspace and I paid for a website which I havent uploaded anything to yet, but when I do I will let you know. Jasmine says "Mum" or should I say "mum mum mum mum mum mum mum" all the time now. She now claps too (usually at "Face" on Nick Jr) I find myself putting on the TV and hanging out for "face" to see her get so excited lol! We had a horrible experience with crawling. See usually I put Jasmine on the bed or in a room where there is carpet, but of course here I was thinking she will be fine, and I put her on her stomach out in the living room and she got up ready to take off..... then went face down into the hard wood floors. Poor baby was crying so hard... I felt like the most evil mother for even contemplating putting her out there, but I really didnt think! Anyway now I have bought a new rug that is so big you can barely see the floors, but I havent put her down for tummy/crawling time since it happened. I still feel bad! No damage was done or anything, just the shock I think!

Tiggy Im glad to hear Ivy and Noah slept well for you. Here is hoping their little toothie pegs come through soon! I also hear you on the putting on weight thing and feeling awful. I think with me its the medication that Im on, but I have put on so much weight and my body shape really seems to have changed. I have my appointment on Friday and Im going to beg to be taken off it. Im usually happy with my body regardless of weight or whatever but these past 2 months I feel a huge change. Its horrible. I wont even look at myself in a full length mirror anymore!!

Dani Sounds like you are having a rough trot. Jasmine goes in and out of that clingy stage! One minute she doesnt want to be anywhere else but in my arms, the next she is happy playing on her own. Its hard when theyre clingy. I hope youre dealing with it ok. I hope Jett gets some teeth through for you soon and that should help a bit. Good Luck with the move, I hope its an easy one for you and you just settle right in immediately!

Meg Cant wait to see how your hair turned out! Jasmine also loves that creamy oats and fig premade food. I dont know how she can like it pmsl. Anything with apple in it, she absolutely loves. Apple & Oatmeal, Apple and Blueberry Muesli etc All the foods I give her for breakfast are always premade and she loves them way more than anything else. The only other foods she will eat are vegetables, pumpkin is her favourite and she hates potato. Just fruit and veg for my little one. I tried to give her some premade's with chicken in them...she hated it and literally spat it out everytime..same with beef. Even if its just hints of meat, she wont touch it. The last 2 nights Ive given her premade Pumpkin & Couscous and she just loves it. Im tossing up whether to just give her premades all the time. I dont know. So much food gets wasted here.....
    How cute Coco has started waving!!! YAY!! I hope the virus has passed out of your house, hopefully into your neighbours house now lol! Bugger that Tresillian didnt work. Coco certainly is a stubborn one isnt she. Sounds like she is doing better now though. Still I dont know how you have gone without a good night sleep for this long, as well as looking after Tilly, studying and all you do. You are inspirational! Here is hoping that 8 months will come around and Coco will follow her sisters lead and just start sleeping at 8 months for you.

Beck YAY @ moving to Sydney! Sydney is the best. I wouldnt live anywhere else in the world! Epping is great. I love Epping, Ive worked there for the majority of my career! Its an older suburb and pretty quiet, and in a great position, where you are close to everything! Pennant Hills is about the same. The FP chair is great isnt it. But yeah I think FP have engineered their toys to drive parents crazy with their songs/music! Im sorry I wont be able to meet up with you this week, I have my gyn appointment on Friday and its an important one that I just cant put off. Im fed up with my medication and am hanging out for Friday to ask if I can get off it.

Christie How is the pregnancy going?? My friend Kristy just told me she is pregnant too. Im so excited for her. She is due in March but I think near the end. She is like 5-6 weeks pregnant. I hope you are going well.

And of course my friend has shown up now, unannounced and I must go again Im soooooo sick of not having any time to do the things I want to!!!! Im not even talking about Jasmine taking up my time, I mean my friends and family. They just dont leave us alone Hopefully I can come back tonight or tomorrow to catch up with everyone and everything I missed!

Kate, sooo good to hear from you!!!! Sounds like jasmine is doing really really well!! Love the new ticker!! Pity you can't meet up, hopefully next time. There'll be plenty of op if Beck moves to Syd!!
    Sounds like everyone is having a pretty crap week. i was just thinking that Im feeling really depressed this week. I'd say alot of it is to do with our living situation, and the thought of going to the inlaws, although better, doesn't reallly fill me with excitement, more a dread in the pit of my stomach!! Just having to fit into their world scares me.
    Also the weather's been so depressing, hope the sun stays shining.
    better go, cooking dinner for tilly and she is now hovering over my shoulder!!
    will come back later xo

edited to add: I have posted a pic of me with dark hair. A pretty yukky photo, will replace it as soon as I get a better pic. xo
    Last edited by Mumma2three; July 25th, 2006 at 08:19 PM.

Hey lovely ladies!

Maddy is asleep in bed and our bags are mostly packed. I'm off to bed whilst the going is good...will probably only be back in here again in the morning tomorrow; as tomorrow afternoon Maddy & I are going to my Dad's. We won't be back on again until after we get back from Sydney on Saturday.

Meg, Christie...what time are you guys available on Friday and where do you want to meet? I will be in North Sydney at around 8am or so; I was thinking of finding a cafe to hang at with Maddy (perhaps take a walk to whatever local shops there are as well) til we meet. Are you available around 11am? Are we going to Yum Cha for lunch? Am feeling very indecisive and unable to make a decision as I don't really know Sydney all that well. Don't have to be in Darling Harbour until 4pm to meet up with John so I have plenty of time to chat/lunch/generally be a pain in your butts! *LOL*

Hope you all have wonderful evenings! I will be recharging my phone Meg so I will have that with me in Sydney so you can get in contact if you need to.

Be back in the morning!

Gorgeous Meg! You make a lovely brunette!

Have a great trip Beck!

Kate Abby face plants too when she tries to crawl! Im sure little Jasmine just got scared and it didnt hurt! Dont beat yourself up about it, you are a GREAT mum!

Dani poor thing! How is it going now? I hope Jett is sleeping for you right now!!

Tiggy so happy Ivy and Noah are better!!

To the rest: I hope you all are well!

Still getting over the bronchitis here...all that is left is the cough! This morning I woke up with a yeast infection (sorry if tmi) but it hurts soooo bad! So much worse than I would get before Abby was born. Im sure I got it because of the antibiotics. I feel like just staying in bed all day... I feel like crap!

I took some 7 month pics of Abby yesterday and today. I am going to put them in her yahoo photo album, you can see them when you go to Abby's website and click on "My pics 7-? months! There's a TON!" at the bottom of her homepage! I will let you know when they are up! Those of you that I have your email I will send you a photo album of her new pics through email! I just LOVE taking pics of her! I even got one that kinda shows her new teeth!

ETA: The pics have been added!
    Last edited by sarajo; July 26th, 2006 at 06:07 AM.

Sarajo they're gorgeous pics, she's so grown up now!! Love her teeth, they look just like coco's!! They grow so fast though and coco's have gone from being barely visible last monday, to totally visible and about a quarter of the way up!
    Beck, so looking forwarx to catching up. I think Christie can meet us for lunch, she said 2pm would be better for her though. So maybe we could say 1pm at North sydney (Christie, the yum cha is almost right next door to the place we met last time), maybe you could text when you get there and we'll find you.
    Beck, I can meet you around 11am (will give coco her first sleep and then find you). If you tell me where you are at about 9am or whenever, just incase you're right near my house!
    Grumps woke up 3 or 4 times last night. The only good thing was that each time was only 5 mins. I so don't know what the prob is though. maybe it's having arms free, it might take her a while to stop hitting herself in the head. Actually her first wake up at 11pm had to be the neighbours. Im so disappointed that we have noisey neighbours. We have managed 4 years of no noise, and now this...AND they're renters....gggrrr.
    Im in two minds about moving. When I hear the neighbours I just want to go, but going to the inlaws, Im nervous. Firstly tilly will change schools. THat's ok becuase it will be where we eventually buy. But what if we don't sell for years, we'd be stuck with them. Also Im worried because I don't want to eat what they eat at dinner, but how do you do seperate family meals when we all live there. I could offer to cook every night I suppose, but I also get a bit nervy cooking for so many people!! Maybe we'll just live on teh SC downstairs!!
    Im also worried that they will expect coco to sleep in our room (guess I'll have to ask about it).
    anyway, enough of that.
    will be back later xoxoox

Hi Ladies,
    Hope everyone is doing well. Only 5 days till I start work, Oh I am little worried now, my little boy will be away from me for the whole day.
    I went to the MCHN yesterday and she said to introduce meat. I have no idea of ho I am going to do this. Has anyone else started?
    Meg – Your hair looks great. It looks so healthy and shiny, oh what I would give for long hair again.
    I am going to get a new color soon. Maybe when $$$ wise we are back on our feet I will treat myself.
    I hope that Coco is sleeping better for you now. Have you still you her in her own room? Is that helping?
    Tiggy – Hope all is going well with you and the kidlets. I went to the MCHN yesterday and she suggested a new routine so maybe that will help with the sleeping issues.
    Sarajo – I checked out Abby’s picture, my goodness you have a little stunner on your hands. Have fun beating away the boys later in life. Wow, she is really good on all fours. Jett has no idea of what crawling is I am sure of it. He is cranky as he wants to get moving but doesn’t know how to. He has heaps of tummy time so it is just a matter of time.
    Kate – Glad to hear that all is going well with you and Jasmine. How cute that Jasmine is clapping and I know face and I would clap if I watched it too. If I say to Jett clap your hands he will. Like Jasmine he claps when he gets excited, I put him in his jolly jumper and he was clapping away.
    We are moving into a place with wooden boards, I hope that when Jett finally decides to crawl he doesn’t face plant. Oh well these things are sure to happen sooner or later.
    Betta go and get back to the packing
    Bye

Sarajo - LOVE the new piccies of little Abby. I'm with Dani, you have a fair stunner on your hands there. Better tell Don to invest in a shotgun asap because the boys are going to be knocking down your door. Wish you could be in Sydney on Friday to meet-up, but if I ever make it over to Canada to see my big 'sis' and my rellies; I'll be stopping by Texas as a side trip for sure!

Dani - only 5 days to go...wow! Well done hon, have so much respect for you getting back into the workforce so quick and keeping your skill levels up. I'm still sitting on my butt here. Heard a really basic job at my old work came up (would love to do it - just data entry basically, no stress like I used to have underwriting/sales) the other day, if we weren't moving to Sydney I'd be inquiring after it. Sorry, no idea on the meat thing. Perhaps you could puree it up, or just cook it for a long time so it can be mashed and mixed with some vegies? If you have a SC (slow cooker), you'd be able to stew the heck out of it for little Jett. (Sorry, I have a memory like a sieve, can't recall if you have one or not!) Also wish you were in Sydney too...might be coming to Melbourne later this year though!

Kate - sorry to hear you can't make it either on Friday; but you're right...there is always next time and your gyno appointment is much more important. That is so cute about Jasmine clapping her hands. Maddy just waves her arms around like a madwoman...only claps if it involves smacking two toys together to make a loud noise! *LOL* You HAVE been busy....hope your family & friends give you a break soon!

Meg - LOVE the hair! You didn't use the Loreal pack that does the colour & then highlights did you? My hair looks remarkably like your hair at the moment! When I heard you were dying yours I felt horrified at the thought of seeing you with your beautiful locks, whilst mine have 4 inches of horrible regrowth. Didn't want to torture my hair with blonde bleaching again so I went back to red like I was a few years back. It is SO dark... *LOL* Off to get some blonde highlights in at 1:30pm.

Ok, well you have my mobile number. I hope...you haven't sent that SMS with Leanne's number yet have you? My number starts with 0404 I think, so let me know if you have that one on your phone. 11am would be great to meet if that's ok with you...and hopefully we can organise with Christie to do lunch at 1pm at that Yum Cha. Am SOOO excited about catching up with you & Coco and meeting Christie and little Owen.

Better fly as I just realised I haven't put credit on my mobible yet... *LOL* Oh, and wanted to say that Maddy finally crawled forward this morning! YAYYY! Only about 2 or 3 shuffles forward of the hands & feet but normally she just flops down like a beached whale.

Leanne, Tiff, Wonderwoman, Melly, Sami, Jillian...hope you're all doing well and your bubbas are cruising along! (And truly am sorry if I have forgotten someone, I nearly always do!)
    Last edited by Beckibee; July 26th, 2006 at 11:04 AM.

Hi guys!!
    Dani, I do meat for coco. One of her favs is mince. I do a spag sauce just by doing mince, chopped carrot, crushed garlic, basil and a tin of tomatoes (I used organic nothing added). I then slow cooked it all day, but would be fine just doing on stove top and pureeing. I dont' puree the sc one though, she is eating rather lumpy stuff. I also do beef casserole (very basic for her, just meat, veg and water) and I do lamb shanks. Sometimes I'll do a chook for the whole fam and just cut up some for coco.
    Thanks for the hair compliments. Beck, that's classic that we're similar!! I had mine this colour years ago too!! It is sooooooooo much cheaper being a brunette, i couldn't afford to be blonde any more.
    Gotta run, it's bed time and we've been running around all day. Beck, I just texted you to see if I have the right no. HA, just got message back, all is good, I've got the right no>!!! Can't wait to see you and Christie on friday!!
    talk soon xoxoxo

Thank you all, I could say the same about every one of your babies! I think we just have a GREAT looking bunch of little-ones here! I love seeing new pics of all your bubs too! Keep taking those pics and let us know when they are up so we can see!

dani I love the new pics of Jett! He is so adorable! As for meat, I tried once and her reflux got worse, so Abbys doc is having me hold off for awhile yet. Abby doesnt crawl yet, just gets in position and rocks back and forth and then face plants! It is a funny site! Good luck to you on starting work!

Meg dont you love the bottom teeth?! They dont seem to be growing quickly, but they are pretty visible now! Can you get a pics of Coco's? How stressful for you about your inlaws! So sorry you ahve to go through all that! I hope all the adjustments go smoothly!

Beck YAY MADDY! Good job on the crawl!!!

I wish I could be there to meet you all too! When you go to canada, you will stop by? Well, I truely hope so, but Canada is quite a distance from Texas...it would be a flight of probably 6 hours I am guessing of not more to get from Canada to here! I really hope we can meet someday though! Lets write to Oprah and see if she can set up a reunion thing and get us all together!

Kate YAY JASMINE on clapping! How exciting and cute!! I cant wait till Abby starts clapping!

Christie how is the pregnancy going? Hows the morning sickness?

Well you all have a GREAT day!!

Hey ladies! We're at the airport, been up since 4am! *LOL* About to go and board soon so I'd better fly. Thanks for the SMS Meg!

Sarajo - My friend lives in London, Ontario. My relatives are in the main city in Ontario...too early right now and the name escapes me embarassingly! *L*

Be back online on Saturday afternoon...have a wonderful rest of the week ladies!

Sarajo, Oprah is a GREAT idea!! I would do anything to be on Oprah, think our reunion is a great idea!
    gotta run, tilly is really being difficult this morning. She's not well but wont keep away from coco.
    talk soon xo

Where is everyone????? I feel very lonely here today!!
    Christie, are you meeting up today? I will take my camera to post some pics later. Very excited to see Beck and Maddy again and hopefully Christie and Owen. Wish everyone could come!
    did I mention how coco wouldn't breastfeed? For the two days before yesterday she would only have her morning feed. Anyway yesterday I got my period and she started feeding again. How bizarre, leading up to it must've turned her off! Im amazed they can notice a difference in taste, clever little things. Anyway, she's back on which is a relief. I was soooo not ready to give up feeding her, I really want to go to at least one year, more if she wants.
    My baby is 8 months next tuesday, where on earth has the time gone?
    better go and have a shower or I'll never get out of the house!
    hope everyone has a great day xoxoox

hi girls..haven't been on all week coz owen and i have both got a nasty flu..he's barely slept for a week coz he's so congested..and of course i can't take anything either!!i forgot all about our meet up today(forgot it was friday today totell you the truth!!)we are def not well enough and don't want to infect you guys too..hope you have a great time, wish we could be there!!
    bbl
    ps can we get yum cha next time we meet up??was really keen for it!!

Hey christie, bummer that you and Owen are sick, i hope you get better really soon.
    Definitely can have yum cha next time!! Isn't it just the best!
    have just spent two hours resettling coco (she only had 1/2 hour sleep) and now she's asleep again I almost need to go and meet Beck...typical!
    have a good day all xoxo

Im back already from my gyno appt... I wonder if I could have made it and met up with you guys? Probably. I had no idea it was going to be so quick today in there! YAY for me, I can go off the medication so hopefully I can start to lose some of this disgusting weight I have put on! Im so happy, and very hopeful too!

Aww Im jealous of you all meeting up today, its such a nice day. Well it is here.

Hope you are ok Christie!! How awful to have the flu right now. On the plus side, atleast winter is almost over. I hope Owen is ok and that Ben doesnt end up with the flu also! Bummer you couldnt make it today either. Maybe next time we can all be there. Cant believe I have known you guys for a year tomorrow and I still havent met anyone!!

Melly, you and I joined BB on the same day last year! I just remembered that. How are you? How is Logan? You must be very busy. I cant wait to hear what you are up to and how you are going!

Sarajo YAY Welcome Back if I havent said that already!!! My goodness Abby is sooooooooo cute. And her earrings look so fantastic! I really have never been keen on them until I saw how beautiful they look on your little princess!! You were right, I put Jasmine back down and she had no hesitation in crawling off again. Its quite scary. I have this donut thing that she sits in normally and plays and its really safe and its been probably one of the best things I have bought, but lately she is dropping toys over the side of it and trying to reach them.......this morning she was OUT of the bloody thing and laying on the floor. Where did my baby go?

Meg You look excellent with the dark hair! I wish I could go from blonde to brunette and still look fabulous like you! Really! Looks very healthy too. Im jealous! I bet Coco is the perfect baby when Bec is there, she might even sleep the whole time too, just to show you up LOL!

Dani I hope you are well. I missed a post of yours the other day and just read it this morning. I think youre doing such a great job. You are a fantastic mother. Dealing with what you do, and still being so great at motherhood is a huge accomplishment. Having to battle your body as well as your mind is so draining, Im really in awe of how you do it all. Maybe going back to work will help a little and make enough of a difference for you. Im very excited and cant wait to hear all about your first day! Good Luck!!!

Beck Hope you are enjoying Sydney. Of course you are, how could you not lol! I cant wait to see pics of Maddy and Coco together. So excited about that! YAYAYAYAY at Maddy crawling! Watch how she takes off now!

Must go, am off to get a new car seat today for the new car.... Im nervous because the lady told me I can turn the car seat around now. Does anyone else have their baby in the forward position now? I admit I hate that I cant see Jasmine properly while she is laying down facing the chair and I would prefer to see her in my revision mirror or even when I turn around. But I look at Jasmine and I think she is still so small......!!!

Everyone Ive missed I hope you are well. Im thinking of you and all your babies. Hoping to hear from everyone soon to see what you are all up to!

Take Care All!!

Hi guys!! Was so lovely to meet up with Beck today!! We had delish yum cha!! Maddy was as cute as can be! It was Maddy who did the sleeping!! She just nodded off, whereas i had to rock coco for at Least half an hour before she had her cat nap!! They were cute together, both almost choking on their rusks!
    Beck took a photo, I forgot my camera (baby brain...will blame that forever)!! Anyway, looking forward to seeing the pic, looked cute!
    coco is miserable now, will put that down to lack of sleep. I am feeling shocking, have the worst hayfever. Just dont know how I'll get through this arvo and tonight. Cant imagine how I'll have the energy to feed the kids and give them a bath, especially with coco just WHINGING!!!
    Kate, good to hear from you!! We moved coco's seat about 2 weeks ago. It still reclines in the forward facing, so she's quite relaxed. i love being able to see her. She can have a rusk in the car now as I can reach her. She seems to like it too.
    gotta run, I need to lie down for just one minute!!xoxox

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast