Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #13

Default Babies Born December 2005 #13

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Christy
    [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady -
    [email protected]
    SherieB - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

December '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: webbmeg
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 1.12.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.33kgs Length - 53cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Coco Arabella
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    8 days early, 3 hour labour.

Forum Name: Melly01
    Baby's DOB: 05.12.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs3½oz/3.268kg Length - 49.5 Head Circ -34.2cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Logan Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/loganmichael/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 16 days early, 2 hour labour.

Forum Name: totalbabe77 (Christie)
    Baby's DOB: 7.12.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.775kgs Length - 53cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: Owen Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/buttonswalters
    Health Concerns: 50% chance he would have haemophilia - all clear!!thank god!!
    Notes: induced(1 lot of gel only)on night of due date as they were worried he would be too big as no interventions were allowed due to chance of haemophilia & had about 30 people in the room when he was born for the same reason, 10hr labour(8 hrs of contractions), 20mins pushing.

Forum Name: k8ty (Kate)
    Baby's DOB: 15th December 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs 9oz Length - 53cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Jasmine
    Baby's Website: http://www.totsites.com/tot/k8ty
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes:Induction

Forum Name: Sami
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 19 December 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3240kg Length - 51cm Head Circ -34cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Bailey
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/members/...?be=b/bailey19
    Health Concerns: -
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Forum Name:Rach
    State:Victoria
    Baby's DOB:20/12/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 pounds 14 oz- Length 51cm- Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:Female
    Baby's Name:Hannah Rose
    Baby's Website:picture trail Username dueindecember05 Password december
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Wonderwoman
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: December 20th 2005 (twins)
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 5lb 4oz & 5lb & 7oz Length - 47cm & 46.5cm
    Head Circ - 34cm & 33.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Male & Female
    Baby's Name: Torin Stephen James & Siobhan Isabel
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    Delivered at 38 weeks via c-section due to concerns about Torin's size

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Sarajo
    State: Texas, USA
    Baby's DOB: Dec 22, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs9oz Length - 19.75"
    Baby Name(s): Abigail Jo
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/abigailjo/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 6 days late. Induced Wed night, born Thursday 1:16 PM

Forum Name: Beckibee (Becka)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th December 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs 10oz Length - 38cm Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Baby's Name: Madeline Natasha
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/squishybub/
    Health Concerns: Jaundice for first couple of days
    Notes: Induction via drip after waters broke and contractions/labour was failing to progress at significant pace.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: dani141
    State: Victoria, Geelong
    Baby's DOB: 02/12/2005 at 11:44am
    Baby's Stats: Weight – 8lbs 7oz. Length – 53.3cm, Head Circ – 35.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Jett Max Alan
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/members/...Password: Jett
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: 1 day late, I had an Emergency Caesar after 9 hour labour. Jett was an Obstructed labour. No fetal distress so all was good. He had a head full of dark brown hair and beautiful blue eyes.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found HERE.

Beck - I used to live in the Northern Beaches of Sydney & when most of our friends started buying they bought out near Epping & Pennant Hills. I love Pennant Hills area, very pretty & a fantastic pizza joint there

Thanks so much lovely ladies for recommending good suburbs! Glad you said that about Pennant Hills Christy, because I got a really nice vibe from the properties in that area when I was looking at real estate online last night & this morning.

(Oh, and I LUURRVVVEEEE pizza! hehe)

Edited to add: YAYYYY, Maddy and I have our flights booked so Sydney here we come!
    Last edited by Beckibee; July 18th, 2006 at 09:45 PM.

Hello Ladies,
    I am am here still.. Busy Busy.
    Wow, you have all chatted so much that we are on a new thread.
    We are finally moving house, Yeah!!! Not sure why too yet but we have 28 days to find a place, (we are renting).
    We did our tax and got a great return so we decided that now is the time to move to a bigger place.
    Jett has been really good, no darn teeth yet.. I don't think he is ever going to get any. I don't even do the daily check now.
    I will do some quick personals before I go to beddy byes.
    Christie - Congrats again, March is a great time, still sunny for those walks in the pram.
    Beck - If I have read right are you moving to NSW? Wow, I hope you ladies have a great catch up, take some pictures and post them... I wish I could join you all .
    Any talk to you all tomorrow.

Wonderful that you and Maddy booked your flight, Beck!!

Hi Dani! Im sure those teeth will come in soon!

Abby is getting her 2nd! I can barely see where it will come through! The first one is really showing now...it is too cute! Abby said "dada" on Sunday! She has been talking up a storm! Now she says mama pretty regularly, and dada just once, but we're working on it! I put together a toy bucket for her and she is sitting pulling all the toys out and playing with them talking loudly "wawawa..mamama..wawawa!" I love it! I cant believe how big out babies are getting! Almost 7 months already!

We went to a pool birthday party last night, and all the kids wanted to hold Abby in the pool! I let them as I hovered over. It was so cute!

Im still sick, but getting better I think. It is so hard because there were 2 babies born on my streetwhile I was gone, and I just want to go see them but cant becasue I dont want them to get my bronchitis of course. One of the babies wasnt due till October and she weighs only 2 pounds and some. She is doing well though! Oh and remember the friend I had that was pregnant with me and miscarried? She is due October 31st now and she has started contractions and has had to be medicated and is on bedrest now. I am going to make extra dinners and give them to her.

Sorry I rambled on so long! Hope you all ahve a GREAT day!

XOXOX
    Sara

Hey Sarajo & Dani! Glad to see you both back in here after a few days away. Hope you're both getting better...I hear you there, I've got a cold for about the 4th time already this winter. hehe I know what Meg would be saying to be right now! *L*

Nothing much happening here, except it's my DH's birthday today. Haven't been able to get out of the house this week so no pressie for him this morning; but I'm pinching I think it was Christie's idea? I'm buying 2 double frames. In one I'm putting a photo of Maddy & her Daddy and using a stamp pad to put a print of her handprints on the other side. In the other frames I'm putting a poem about a Dad's birthday and a photo of us as a family. Hope he likes it!

Off to get a haircut this morning; so I'll be back later to chat some more. Sorry you can't be with us in Sydney Dani; wish you could come up and join us!

Sara - wish Maddy would say 'Dada'....god knows I've been trying but John spoiled it by practising 'Mum Mum Mum' with Maddy so now it's the only thing she'll say. *L* That is so cute about the toy bucket that she pulls out all of her toys from!

What a great gift Beck! Im sure he'll love it! Wish him a happy birthday for us! How old is he turning? Don is going to be 33 this year!

Hey Sarajo! John turned 26, he's about 18 months younger than me. *innocent look* haha (I'll be 28 in December)

I ended up deciding to save the handprint/poem part until Father's Day in September because we found a gorgeous photo frame that says 'I love my...Dad' and put in a photo that I took yesterday morning of John & Maddy. He's taken it to work to keep on his desk to cheer him up during the day.

Nothing much happening here again. *L* I'm supposed to catch up with my friend Debbie who's expecting a baby boy in the first week of September. Her baby shower is this coming Saturday but we're going to go out either today or tomorrow to have some fun.

Making a doctors appointment for Maddy this morning because she's starting to wheeze a bit in her chest. We're all fighting colds but I think she might some antibiotics to clear her chest up.

What are you lovely ladies up to today?!

Wow it is quiet in here! Where is everyone? Beck how did dh's birthday go? How's Maddy feeling? Abby has had a little weezing in her chest but no coughing or fever or anything, and it has seemed to go away. I wonder if I should have taken her to get checked? I hope everyone had a great night sleep!

Morning Ladies,
    OGM, I have to start with a sook. I had asked DH Ben to get some formula on the way to work last night as I had made up enough bottles until Friday (this morning).
    I work this morning to Jett (it was 6:30am) to find that he had forgotten to pick up his formula. Jett was screaming as he was hungry and we had nothing to give him and the supermarket was closed.
    Oh trying to make a hungry baby happy for ½ and hour till the supermarket opened wasn’t fun at all.
    I should have just gone myself yesterday and picked it up. We normally go into town to get it as it is heaps cheaper than from the supermarket. It was so funny but I wasn’t angry with Ben, I bloody should have been!!!
    Anyway enough of that.
    I may be missing more than normal over the next few weeks. We are moving house in two weeks and I start my new job next Monday.
    My house is full of boxes as I want the house packed up before I start work. God I love living life on the edge.
    I went to the Target sale yesterday and spent $500 bucks, why Jett needs any of the crap I got him I will never know. I also got a heap of stuff at the Kmart sale. Oh well it can be for birthday and Christmas.
    A question is anyone else’s babies making this gasping noise when they are playing or just sitting there. Not sure if it is because he has worked out he can also breathe through his mouth?

Sarajo – No good to hear that you to are sick. As it is winter over here it is flu city. (Yes Beck, I know Meg would be saying…..) How great that Abby is a little chatter box, Jett is a little slow in that area. When he stayed at Mum’s on Friday night she reckons he was saying Mummmaaa, but I don’t think he meant Mum, who knows?
    Beck – Hope John had a great birthday. That is such a great gift that you got him. Ben would like it but I have so many pictures around the place and he can’t stand it. If I got one more for him I think he would flip, even if it was of Jett. I have heaps and heaps. I love pictures.
    Sorry to hear about poor Maddy, I hope it isn’t anything major.
    Hope so day that I will get to meet you all, (even you Sarajo). Maybe one day we can have a big Belly Belly get together.

Anyway betta go as I am finishing watching My name is Earl and Medium, I taped it last night when I went back to the Target sale for the second time.
    A and to Kate, Meg, Clare, Tiggy, Melly, Sam, Christie and Rach hope you and your bubba’s are doing great.

Hi ladies!

Took Maddy to the GP yesterday as I didn't want her cough/cold turning into bronchilosis (or whatever they call it in infants). She has a mild form, a red/inflamed throat and a slight temperature so I've got her on a panadol/Dimetapp rotation. They don't like to give babies antibiotics under the age of 1. She's still wheezing a bit and she didn't sleep well last night after nearly a week of fantastic sleeps. I am so tired this morning, she cried every time I put her down which I can understand because she's not feeling well - I'd want my Mummy too. So I brought her back to bed and she co-slept all night with us, mostly on the boob.

John's birthday was lovely, he has taken the frame to work and it's on his desk to help him get through the day. I cooked him marinated bbq ribs (I had spaghetti from the SC) and then we went for coffee to relax. Thank you for all of your birthday wishes.

WOW on the Target visit Dani *L*, I haven't gone yet but goodness knows whether I'll escape without spending a fortune either. I'm going to check out KMart's manchester sale today though because we need a new quilt cover for the bed. Glad to hear that you finally got some formula this morning...that must have been tough to listen to your baby boy cry like that for food and there was nothing you could do. {{{{cuddles}}} Good luck with your move too, and your new job. Wow, lots of things happening in your neck of the woods.

And yes, Maddy makes so much noise now when she's playing. Except rather than gasping, she has this hilarious thing she does where she sighs all the time. *L* She loves to squeal and flap her arms too.

Sara, glad to know that Abby's wheezing has gone away. I know how you feel about whether you 'should' have taken her to a doctor. When she was only a few weeks old, Maddy was sick with a cold but had no fever so I didn't take her to the GP. I figured what could they do anyway? I felt terrible when I took her for her first set of needles and the GP looked at her. Told me she had the tail end of the bronchilosis and I felt so guilty and such a bad mother!

Hello to all of you other girls! Hope that Tressillian is going well Meg and that you come back with a more settled bub and feeling refreshed yourself. Christie, I'm waiting for Meg to get back to suggest somewhere for us to meet next Friday! I can't believe it's only a week away!

Tiff, hope the twins are doing well and over their sicknesses; your beautiful set too Clare! Melly, how is everything going with your ex-DF and your precious little Logan? Rach, hope that Hannah is doing well, any new photos of your princess we can see? Kate, did you want to catch up next Friday with us all too? Would love to meet Jasmine as well. Sam, haven't heard from you in a few days...how is your little man doing? Hope I haven't forgotten anyone!?

Have a great day!

Hi GUYS!!! WE're BACK!!
    I haven't had a chance to catch up on al the posts, tim has over used the computer and its' going at a snails pace. It has taken half an hour to read about 5 emails and get on BB, not happy!! So i am not sure what's been going on, but hope to check at some stage. Beck, what's happening with the meet up? I saw something about recommending places in Syd adn I have to say Artarmon is great, and Lane cove area. About 10 mins from city and nice family friendly areas. Tim and I both went to primary school in Artarmon. Looking to move there.
    Ok, tresillian.......didn't work!! I think because I have had coco on the same routine for months, it was just the same there except different location adn lots of babies to wake her. she slept less than usual (thanks to other bubs and nurses walking in and out of her room) so she's come back with bags under eyes and I've come back wiht even bigger bags than ever (hard to believe it's possible). So when I discovered tim has used all the space on the computer (new month starts on 25th) I was FURIOUS. don't need much toset me off!!
    anyway, bloody glad to be home, although tilly is here sick, so Im really been thrown in teh deep end. have to do the washing now, so will be back later.
    Is there any news I've missed?
    that reminds me, Coco got 2 TEETH during teh week!! so proud of my little munchkin!! She's still not sitting or crawling (even though she's just about 8 mths), I love it , my little lazy bones!! She rolled about twice during the week!! Honestly it's a crack up!!
    be back later, if I have the patience to sit in front of this damn computer!!
    PS Missed you all! xoxoox

Awwww Meg!!! {{{BIG HUGS!!!}}}} I'm sorry to hear that your sleep school visit didn't turn out as you hoped. I truly hope that you two both get some sleep over the next few days.

No, it's fine Beck, I was feeling sorry for myself!! Im over it now. Sorry to be so negative. Just wish it wouldn't take me so long to read all the past posts.
    Sarajo, hope you're feeling better. Beck, hope Maddy improves soon, por bubba!!
    So we're meeting next friday, excellent!! I don't mind where we meet, ALTHOUGH, there is a yum cha where I met Christie last time! It's in North sydney (2 stops ontrain from city) but of course I don't want to make it hard for anyone, so Im happy to meet anywhere. Just let me know what suits. I will also attempt to read past messages so I can catch up a bit.
    Also we did get some things out of tresillian. I realised htat I have to stop comparing coco's sleep to tillys (tilly went from shocker to amazing at 8 months) and I also learnt to let go fo things, such as worrying about givng a dummy. I now give her a dummy about 10 mins after she goes down, and it will gradually get longer until she doesn't need it.
    I learnt a bit about food, she is eating toast (even swallowing which amazed me) and mince, fish, peas etc. So that was great. I also dropped all my formula top ups, so she's just on 4 breastfeeds a day which I love anyway.
    I also got a break. Ok, maybe not a break from baby, but I didnt' have to cook or clean all week, and as everyone knows, that is HUGE! so it was good for me in that way, and prob good for tilly and tim too!
    Beck, my artarmon suggestion is for a place to live in Sydney. It s on the north shore next suburb from chatswood (huge shopping centre).
    Im going to have to go to one of those sales this arvo and buy a new sleeping bag. Coco's grow bag is too cool. I willget a fleecy one from target or kmart I think.any suggestions?
    xoxo

Right, I've caught up a bit. Christie, yey on Mar 5th (my neice Zara's bday...great day)!!! Glad little one is doing well!!
    Beck, my friend grew up in Epping. Not a bad area, I might talk to you about it next week. Her mum was saying some things to me last week. Where would John be based? Istill think artarmon is great for fams.
    Beck, if you're in Nth syd, that is where the yum cha is!! Christie the one thing I've found about yum cha is that it's pretty reasonably priced. We went with 6 of us recently and PIGGED out and it was $13 a head. Prob about $20 for 6 of us, if that.
    dani, good luck with all the packing and with the new job!! Very brave of you!
    By teh way, have I mentioned to you adn Beck how great the flu injection is!!!!!!!!!! hee hee....
    Sarajo, yey on Abby's next tooth. i ahve to say, coco had two in three days, it must have hurt the poor bubba. First one on monday and then tues night she had red cheeks and was the grumpiest she's ever been, and I thought it couldn't be another one, but next morning there it was. SOOO cute, but she bit my CHIN this morning! Obviously still feeling weird for her. She's also bitten my boob a few times, not too badly luckily!! I'd like to continue feeding, so she'd better stop that!
    Ok enough from me, Im taking over. Where has KAte been????? I so hope she can meet up next week. Might have to email her just in case. She hasn't been on in ages has she?
    Hope everyone else is well, Mel (can you come next week) Tiggy, Rach, Clare, hope you're all well xoxo
    Last edited by Trillian; July 21st, 2006 at 03:32 PM. Reason: two posts in a row

Hello
    Meg, Sorry to hear Tresillian didn't work as much as you had hoped. I hope you and Coco can some how catch up on the sleep you've been missing.

Unfortunately I can't come next friday. Logan has an appointment at the Orthoptist (I think that is how its spelt), to get his eyes checked. I wear glasses as does a few of my family members, ex is supposed to wear glasses when he does things like use a computer. Plus I have a lazy eye. An ECHN I saw said I might want to get Logan checked, even though he does seem fine. She mentioned that with lazy eyes if you don't strengthen them before the child is about 4, there is no fixing it or something.. Hence why my eye "wanders" LOL it's SO annoying.. Oh dear, I've gone off on a tangent.. anyway..

Beck, The present for your DH sounds lovely. Sounds like he had a good birthday.

Things are going ok between me & ex. He's coming to stay this week while he cleans up the place he is renting. He's set on us getting back together, I still don't know what I want. Is it so bad that I'm happy being "alone"? I feel like I am being horrible to him.

Logan is doing really well. I think (hope) his top teeth will come through soon, there are big bumps under his gums and he's been a bit cranky lately, like he's in pain.

Dani, Wow on the Target sale. I wish I could spend that much on Logan but it seems like all my money disappears almost as soon as I get paid.

I started open foundation on tuesday. all the essays are a bit daunting, but I am sure they will turn out ok. been getting headaches every day I've been at the uni though.. maybe I've broken my brain!

Logan has started his second term of swimming lessons and he got a certificate today showing all things he can do. He has also started childcare this week, so that has upset him a bit. He's been really clingy and starts crying as soon as I put him down. It's so hard to walk away.

Gotta go, Logans upset again

hi all,
    meg sorry to hear that tressillian didn't work for sleeping..but at least you got something from it..yum cha sounds good, but what do you guys think of an arvo thing..maybe 2 or something..is that too late??let me know..
    beck, your pressie for DH sounds great!!so glad that he loved it..ben has kinda cast his aside..bit disappointing..he's a bit of a gadget man..
    am very tired..hope everyone else is well will catch up properly tomorrow..
    xx

Hi guys,
    well coco slept better! THink she missed her bed. Just one wake up at 2.15am, so not bad. Mind you her hands were FREEZING. She was in her warm new snuggly sleeping bag, but got cold hands. does anyone use mittens? Think I'll get some today.
    Only thing with 2pm on fri is that I have to collect tilly at 3pm. Maybe Beck adn I could meet a bit earlier and Christie, you could get there when you like. It's up to you guys, I will just fit in.
    Beck are you staying in north syd? I live in the next suburb!
    Gotta run, I have college today. Mel, good work starting college. Im not suprised with the headache, I get the same. Shock to the system I think!!!
    also I think they're all a bit clingy at this stage!! But Im sure he'll love day care, and have a great time exploring new toys and friends!!
    talks oon xxoxo

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast