Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #15

Dani, so sorry to hear about your cat, that's awful.
    Beck, absolutely gorgeous pics of Maddy!! What acute outfit, and a happy little girl! Love her!
    I have had such a busy morning, organising boxes, removalists, council clean up etc etc. Of course I go to my bank this morn (on the net) and they have charged me TWICE for tilly's name change certificate, so my account is empty. Try sorting that out over the phoneGGGRRRRR. So it's now 10.15am and I've been on the phone since 8am (except for school drop off). Lucky for me Tim didn't start work until 10am so he put coco to bed (who did another good night, and is sleeping without a sleeping bag for first time)!! Figured it wouldn't make much difference as her arms are free anyway, but I think the material on bag was making her exczma worse.

hope everyone has a great day. i haveto go to shops to get a million fathers day presents, my dad, tim, his dad, step dad, tilly's day, tims pa etc etc how many dads can one family have!!! Im getting most of them scratchies. Since my dad gave me back his bday present last year (without realising it) I have decided not to give presents to the "oldies" anymore. They don't need it. So I will just make them rich with a winning scratcy and they can buy ME presents!!
    have a good day all xoxo

Hello! I've had such a hard time getting to read this thread, my net has been stuffing up or something.

Beck, Congratulations on passing your driving test! Maddy is so cute

Dani, That's so sad about the loss of poor Socks. I can only imagine how upsetting it would have been to see that... *HUG*

Meg, Wow, that is a lot of fathers day presents! I just got Michael a card from Logan and also got Michaels dad a card from Logan and he put a hand print on the inside of the cards. Logan also made Michael a picture (more finger painting) today at day care. They just put some paint on his hands, then showed him by pressing his hands on the paper, and then he went crazy and was leaving hand prints all over the paper and the table LOL

Kate, Wow those BIC photos are just gorgeous. Jasmine is adorable

I got the photos back that Logan had done. I just need to scan them in, and of course the scanner isn't working lol I think the photos look good. But then I am biased

Mel, Look forward to seeing your pics!!
    For the fathers day pres, they just get scratchies, but today I got some photos printed and decided to get one of coco made into a mouse pad for Tim, so that's his pres!!
    Just had tillys dad over for his fathers day dinner! Made a roast (we're so weird, tillys dad, me, tim and tilly all hanging out). but it was nice and we all get on well. Although I burnt my mouth on a hot bean, it's killing...
    I have booked removalists and boxes. It's all happening now even though we don't even know if we've sold. I havent' really thought about moving yet because it all seemed so far away, but it's getting close (two weeks) so I have to start packing. Im really nervous now! Hopefully it will be really great at the inlaws. I just hope coco and tilly adjust well.
    hope everyone has a good sleep. xoxoox

Hi girls! Yes our December babies are definitely beautiful aren't they.
    Congratulations Beck on your driving exam!
    Thanks for the funny email Sara - very relevant at the moment!
    I feel bloody awful. We went shopping in Dubbo yesterday and stayed the night so David could play poker at the club (what is it about poker and guys?) Anyway I woke up this morning with aches and pains and a persistent dry cough. We got home tonight so I thought I'd go to the chemist to get something to help sleep tonight. THe pharmacist told me it is probably a chest infection and to get to a doctor tomorrow as there has been cases of pneumonia here. Great! Now I am going to try to get into the doctor's which is almost impossible. Maybe that girly day hasn't been the best thing I've done this week as I feel terrible now. Marnie is all mucked around because we have been away and has been crying so much when I put her down but she has finally gone to sleep. So I am going to have a long hot shower and try to sleep as well. Sorry about the whinge but I just feel awful.
    Well done Meg on Coco sleeping well.
    I hope everyone is feeling much better than me. I hope Marnie doesn't catch whatever I have.

Hi girls - I know I should be in bed but I had to organise a website for Marnie.
    http://www.totsites.com/tot/marnie
    Hope you enjoy~!

Hey ladies!

Well it's getting late but I know I'm in for a late night with Maddy. She's been asleep since I left home at 6:40pm to pick up John from the train station. She even slept through when we were at the shops having coffee, despite all the noise. John has her on his chest in the lounge so now i'm just waiting for her to wake so I can give her the big feed and hopefully get her straight off to sleep after that.

Went to my first gym class today - Body Fit - it's called. It's this high energy step class and I just about died. *LOL* Fortunately I wasn't the only relatively unfit person in the class...talk about spazz though. hehe Maddy went to their daycare for the hour & a bit, and didn't really fuss until the last 10 minutes when she realised Mummy had disappeared. *rolls eyes* Also did the food shopping and didn't hit any parked cars trying to get out of the insanely busy shopping centre at school home time!

AF chose first thing this morning (my first day of driving on my own and looking forward to going to the gym) to make an appearance after 18 months of freedom (excluding the post-partum bleeding). *sigh* A few niggly cramps, but not too bad or overly heavy at this point which is great.

Tomorrow we're off to the dentist for John to get his wisdom teeth pulled (2), and while that's happening I'm off to the shops with my sister to get John's father's day present sorted. We're broke until next pay day so it's just going to be much like everyone else's idea. I'm going to pick some pretty paper, print a poem & message from Maddy on it and then get her to put her handprints over the top. Target had this cool freebie bag last week during Baby Week which they were handing out. In there is this little handprint stamp set which apparently turns out translucent so I think it'll work well over the computer printing. I hope. *L* I'm going to buy one of those dual frames and then put a photo of our little family in the other side.

Renee, I'm off to check out Marnie's website after I post this. I'm sure it's gorgeous - can't wait to see more photos of your little cutie! So sorry to hear you're ill, I hope it's not pneumonia, just a chest infection that clears up very quickly for you.

Meg, I think that's so cool that you get on so well with Tilly's dad. Must make it so much easier to have him spending time with Tilly; as opposed to a guy you didn't get on with. Wow, just under 2 weeks until you move. It's going to come up so soon...wish I was in Sydney already so I could come over and give you a hand packing!

Melly - oooh, can't wait to see how those piccies of Logan turned out! I'll bet he looks like such a handsome little man. Have you changed your ticker picture recently? Maybe I'm just blind but that looks like a newer photo to me. He is so darned cute in that shot.

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good night. coco did really well, although I was up all night worrying she'd be cold (I didn't have her in her sleeping bag ). Anyway, she woke once for a sec and that was it. I think I'll put her in the bag tonight just so I can relax!! It must be getting warmer though, she wasn't cold and her hands were fine. Just that when she does get uncovered, she might get chilly.
    Marnie is sooo cute Renee, love the pics. Great to see you too! Love the christening shot it's gorgeous! I really hope you start to feel better soon. I had a chest infection 3 months back, as did Tim and Coco. Honestly of all of us, Tim was the biggest drama king!! but it wasn't nice, justhope it passes quickly and Marnie doesn't get it.
    Beck, thanks for the helping me pack thought, that's very kind! When are you coming to Syd? Has John heard anymore about moving?
    Im a bit of a wreck thinking of all the packing, but I suppose it will be good, it will keep me very busy and maybe after school I can get tilly to help. At least I will feel that we can throw out junk and start a clean slate. I love that!!
    hope everyone has a good day. im off to get a coffee. I hadn't had coffee for 2 years until recently and then I was just too tired and needed a boost. I mostly have decaf, but now I only feed coco in the morning it really doesn't matter!!
    xoxoox

edited to add: I have put a couple of pics on the website, one is of a blossom, I just love it (bit overexcited about my camera I think). ALso Coco is 9 MONTHS today!! Where on earth has time gone?? Still no crawling, but we've got rocking happening. She's also sitting but still prone to falling over. Oh my chilled baby!! xoxo
    Last edited by Mumma2three; September 1st, 2006 at 08:06 AM.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COCO!!! Wow 9 months already! Love the pics of her showing off those chompers! lol! I love the blossoms pic too, that would win contests!

Awe Beck, you and me both! So many months AF free....oh well! 8 months was a good run!

Dani soo sorry about Socks. That must be so hard. How is Jett taking it? Does he realize he is gone?

Renee Marnie is soooo cute! Good job on her site! I hope you feel better soon!

Melly Cant wait to see the new Logan pics!!

Well, I cant write now cause the kids are due to show up any minute! OOO Just wanted to add I can now fit into clothes that havent fit in YEARS!! This exercise and weight loss contest is working! I feel great...and sore!

You all have a GREAT Friday night!
    Last edited by sarajo; September 2nd, 2006 at 12:06 AM.

I typed this up earlier but am having such a hard time posting at the moment.

Happy 9 months Coco!

Beck, I changed the ticker a little while ago, but I since I haven't been on much, it probably hasn't been shown before, maybe? I don't know. I thought he looked so cheeky, he loves to play with his food, too bad I still can't get him to eat much. He wants to do it himself I think. Good on you for going to the gym! I looked at Maddys new pics, she is so cute

I'm so tired. I went to Royal North Shore Hospital today. I thought I was having laser surgery on my eye to fix the turn, but I didn't get it done. The just looked at my eye and were saying how much of a success story I am because I was so premature and back then a lot of babies were disabled or blind if born that early. I actually had to stay in RNS Hospital for 3 months after I was born so it was kind of good to actually see the hospital. But anyway.. they put drops in my eyes to dilate my pupils, so that felt weird. I got such a shock when I went outside in to the sunlight and couldn't see it was so bright. I'm glad Mum came with me so she could watch Logan and help me when I couldn't see outside LOL The opthamologist didn't want to do surgery unless it is a last resort since it can sometimes give people double vision, so I have to do eye exercises and go back in 3 months to get my eyes checked again.

Renee, I just checked out Marnies site. Wow, she is absolutely gorgeous! I love the pjs

So, I have to add.. Meg, that photo of the blossoms is fantastic! I love the photos of Coco, she is such a beautiful baby

Sarajo, congrats on the fitting in to clothes you haven't worn in years!

Thanks Mel and Sarajo, I just love my blossom. I have it on my wall!!
    Mel, glad you didn't need surgery, hope your eye fixes itself!
    Sarajo, CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss and fitting in your clothes. That is really awesome!! Well done, doesnt' it just make you feel so much happier!
    Im really looking forward to seeing your halloween costumes this year! I bet Abby will look great! You are so good at dressing her up!!
    Beck, how's the driving going? Well done doing the shopping at school time, that's great! Must just give you so much more freedom, Im really happy for you!
    Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend. The weather is soooo beautiful here, I just LOVE spring!!!
    xoxoxoxo

*LOL* Meg, love the new ticker photo of Coco. It's totally 'what? What'd I do?'. Glad you have such wonderful weather down in Sydney, you guys deserve it. It's horrible up here in Brisbane - has been for most of the week. Much needed rain, but such a pain when you're trying to get a baby in and out of a car; not to mention my Mum's moving today so we're gonna be carrying stuff in the rain.

Melly, sorry to hear that you couldn't have the surgery to fix the eye; but hope the exercises help you to correct that without needing the surgery down the road. My mum almost had me over 2 months early at the Royal North Shore. They managed to stop the contractions for another 3-4 weeks until they were back in Brisbane. That's good that your Mum could help you with Logan yesterday while you had those drops in. LOVE the ticker photo of Logan. He is going to be such a heartbreaker when he's older. hehe

Sarajo - WAHOO on fitting those clothes. I have about 10kgs (20+ pounds) to go before I fit all of my old clothes. Always thought I was 'fat' back then but what I wouldn't give to be 'that' fat right now! *LOL* Good on you for sticking to the exercise plans...are you finding that you're feeling better about yourself mentally since you started? I know I haven't had any PND feelings in the past week or so since I got my license and I've been going to the gym.

I'd better fly as my PILs are back with Maddy (who has a fever today) so I need to give her a feed before I head off to Mum's. She's staying at home today with Daddy out of the cold weather. John had a wisdom pulled yesterday so he's a bit of a bear with a sore head because he doesn't like to take medication.

BBL....

Hi everyone - I am back in the land of the living - kind of. I woke up Thursday night with the shakes and sweats so my caring husband took me to hospital. Turns out I do have a chest infection. David has woken up this morning with the same thing so off to the doctor's for him and I now have to look after him and Marnie so am not thinking about being sick and will just get by. I was so glad to have him home yesterday I don't know how I would of coped. I literally slept for 48 hours.
    Anyway enough about me. Thanks for all your kind comments about Marnie's site. I haven't looked back on it yet but no doubt there is much more to do.
    Well done Sara on fitting back into all your clothes!
    Meg may I look at Coco's site? How do I do this?
    Gotta go Marnie Moo has had enough of the Jolly Jumper.

Renee, glad you're on the mend. Bummer about the trip to hospital. Just click on my name and the website will come up, down the bottom of the first page it says photos, so just click on that.
    Beck, Coco seems to have a fever today too. BUMMER. Hoping it's nothing much, Im so over the illnesses. Hope Maddy's doesn't develop either. Maybe its' their teeth !! ??
    Glad you're feeling happier too, i think it must make a huge differences having some freedom and independence. Not to mention the gym, well done to you too.
    hope everyone is doing well. Rach, what has happened to you? HOpe all is well with you and Hannah. Christie, how are you feeling at the moment??
    xoxo

Awe Renee, so sorry you are so sick! I hope you and DH feel better real soon!

Beck it is wonderful what working out and keeping busy and losing weight has done for my "funk"! I really feel so much better, inside and out! I'm glad to hear your PND has gotten better too! That is wonderful! I forgot to congratulate you on your drivers test! YAY!! 3 CHEERS!! GREAT JOB!

Meg thank you! I love dressing her up! I cant wait! I know what she is going to bee, but not sure about me yet! Did you get the hint about what she is going to BEE? I found the costume at a 2nd hand store for just $4.50, so I just couldnt pass it up! Take any more pics on the new camera yet? I think your second calling is to be a professional photographer! Ever thought of it? LOL at "spring"! It is just becoming fall here. I love fall! It is still very hot here though, and I am ready for things to cool down! Abby and I had fun playing in the sprinkler tonight though!

Melly wow I didnt know you had the problems with your eyes! How are you feeling now? So you were a preemie? How early were you? I was 8 weeks early myself, but my mom may have had my due date wrong since I wa still born at over 4 pounds!

Well, you all have a gREAT day! My parents will be here tomorrow! YAAAYYYYY!!

ETA: Awe sorry bubs with fevers! Get lots of rest little ones!

Sarajo, have fun with your parents!!
    Just had to tell you all about our run inwith our neighbour from HELL. She just rang at 2pm to tell me that she's having her tiles ripped up off her kitchen floor at THAT second. Welll I had JUST put coco down and it's directly above her room. My neighbour said "oh well, im telling you now". of course she knew earlier, but wanted to annoy us.
    Next thing (she's 96 almost deaf) I hear her on the phone laughing hysterically tellling another neighbour how she just rang me and how funny it is that I had just put the baby to bed. WHAT A COW. I had to get coco up and tim has her at the park now. but my poor baby is sick and needs sleep. I was SO angry that timand I stormed up and just yelled at her. I have had it with her constant *****ing about me. I hear her every day talking about me. I am not a bad person, Im a considerate neighbour. Obviously she has nothign better to do. I just can't WAIT to move and for her to have no idea we'd sold...or are going to rent it out. She will just HATE that we have done it without telling her. I can't wait!!
    anyway, had to vent. I was so furious.
    xoxo

Meg, that neighbour is beyond evil. I hope she's miserable and lonely; because that's just nasty purposely laughing because you're having workmen ripping up tiles and there is a baby downstairs trying to sleep. Selfish git. Grrrrrrr..... So angry for you! {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Just gotten back from helping Mum move & I'm stuffed. Gotta go drop my sister & niece home now. Done so much driving in the past two days. Came home to find Maddy howling because she'd just bumped her head. Has a nice red mark on the middle of her forehead to show for it. Her temperature last night must have been around the 39 degrees mark when I gave her children's panadol because my FIL took it earlier (when she didn't feel nearly as hot) and it was over 38.5. Poor little chooken, it's much lower now and she's actually eaten some food.

Hope Coco is feeling better soon Meg!

Sarajo - bee costume?! That is SO cute! hehe Can't wait to see photos of her all dressed up. You were 8 weeks early? I was just over a month I think, although I did try to arrive 2 months early and they didn't think I'd survive. I was around the 5 pound mark I think. Sounds like a lot of the December ladies were premmies! Love the new ticker photo of Abby btw!!!! She's sooo adorable.

Renee - You poor hon, that chest infection sounds so rough! Also sorry to hear that your hubby & Marnie are both sick now too. May the sickness fairy leave your house as soon as possible. That's great that David could take off the day to take care of you and watch Marnie. With that sleep there's no doubt you'll be healthier quicker.

I think Im the only one not premie!! Well obviously being premie is not genetic!!!
    Beck, at least you're getting LOADS of driving practice!! Must be so fun not to have to have someone with you, that's a drag. That's nice of you to help your mum move, I have that to look forward to in 2 weeks, our boxes just arrived this arvo and Tilly is in her room packing away!!
    I just wish we'd find out for sure if we have buyers!
    Glad to hear Maddy is improving. Coco woke with no temp so Im hoping it's the teething thing. Always something, I'll be so glad when all the winter bugs have gone (and all teeth are through)...will be waiting a while for the latter!!
    Sarajo, can't wait to see Abby as a bee, how gorgeous!!
    have a good night everyone. xoox

Thanks Meg - Coco's site is beautiful. Your neighbour sounds terrible - I am sure you won't be upset to see the back of her!
    I hope you have a great time with your parents Sara!
    I've gotta go Marnie is crying and David is coughing! When will I get two minutes to myself??

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast