Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #16

Awe have funn with Jett tomorrow Dani! I hope he sleeps well for you tonight! Some babies go straight to walking, no crawling at all! Just enjoy these times! Abby is into absolutely everything!! That is so wonderful you found the handbag! Sometimes it is so meant to be that things like that happen! Maybe she really needed someone who has been through PND to talk with! How amazing!

Kate cant WAIT to see Jasmine in pigtails! Ihope it works! Do they have ouchless elastics where you are? They work really well on Abby, she doesnt even flinch when I put them in or take them out! She did cry the first time the neighbor tried to do her hair, but that was it! Anyway, take pics!

You all have a good night!

Hi everyone! It is quiet in here isn't it - just goes to show that our little angels are up and about and I know i no longer have so much spare time . Once Marnie is up that's it it's mum and Marnie time.
    You inspired me to go and get my hair done too Sara. I am really dark at the moment but it is growing on me. I also have a fringe - which I have never really had (except when i was young and I had a fringe which started half way back on my head! Oh the fashion of the 80's!)
    Marnie's exczema has improved so much since I started putting Sudocream on her and washing our timber boards with eucalyptus oil instead of normal floor cleaner. I didn't think it would work but it really does. Anyway she was doing very well but yesterday I washed her pram (cannot believe how dirty they get!~) on the front lawn and I put a mat down for her with heaps of toys. Do you think she stayed on the mat? Not on your life!!!!!!!lol All she wanted were the rose bushes!
    Well done on Abby standing by herself. Marnie has just discovered that she can pull herself up on more things than the cot. This has been an adventure.
    Have fun at the pool Dani! I paid for our membership yesterday at our local pool and if the wind dies down I think we will go too. Don't worry about Jett not being able to crawl - I am sure he will do whatever he is supposed to when he is ready.
    I have 5 friends having babies next year - jan, feb, mar, apri and may! Two of them live around the corner so it is going to be fun.
    Your holiday sounds like fun Kate. I have booked our family holiday to Port Macquarie yesterday. My brother and his wife are coming to visit from Canada so we are going to have so much fun. Then we are off to Wagga for a family reunion. I hope Marnie will travel well!
    Have a great weekend - Hi Meg, Beck, Tiff and anyone else I may have forgotten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi guys,
    I just can't get on the computer anymore, it's downstairs where coco is sleeping so I can't use it while she sleeps.....
    not much happening here, quite boring actually. Took tilly to the pool yesterday with a friend but I don't let coco go in (exzma) so the poor bub just sat and watched for 3 hours!! and it was so humid and gross. End of school hols now, thank goodness.
    My back is playing up and Im feeling a bit depressed at the moment. just hard not being able to move much and having no private space. We're looking forward to moving, although we met with the mortgage broker last night who has said we can get a mortgage but it's going to stretch us sooo much. Guess it's worth it.
    Sorry no personals, Im feeling too tired, we've been up since 5.30am.
    talk soon xoxoxo

Oh you sound down Meg! I hope you have a better day today! The mortgage will be worth it once your in your own place again. Has Coco had a reaction to the chlorine? Marnie's exczema must be a lot better than Coco's because her rashes seem to clear up in the water. Poor little bub - sitting outside of the pool - at least Tilly had a good time.
    Try to get some rest.

Morning Ladies,
    Well I had a very bust day off yesterday. I ended up having to go into work for an hour as we had a team meeting. My MIL asked if she could have Jett so that worked out really well.
    I took Jett to the pool for the first time yesterday. He loved it, I think he my of thought he was in one massive bath. Ben met us down there and watched as he had to go to work. I asked him to bring the camera but he forgot, oh well!!! I am sure there will be a next time.

Renee - Im glad I could inspire you lol! Take some pics of your new hair! I just cant picture a fringe! Maybe they call it something else here in the US?

Meg I hope your back is feeling better! Do you think the clorine may be a good thing for Coco's exzma? I hope it clears up soon so she can go swim with tilly! As for stretching and the mortgage. I hear ya girl ! We are soo in the same boat, but it is totally worth it having the house. We have cut out cable and sold my car...made sacrifices like that to make it work.

Dani awe how fun with Jett in the pool! Im sure you will have other oportunities to take pics! I cant wait to see him splashing away!

Kate how'd the pigtails turn out? How are you?

Beck how are you and Maddy?
    Melly how are you and Logan?
    Rach how are you and Hannah?
    Christie how is Owen? How is the pregnancy going?

Hope I didnt miss anyone!

Tomorrow we are having a yardsale, so we are busy preparing tonight. It is 11:30 now and I am getting tired. Abby has been waking up in the middle of the night lately so I hope tonight she sleeps for us! Have a great day everyone!

i think you call fringes - bangs Sara!

Ohhh its hot here!! (Everytime I say that, in my head I hear Nelly sing hot in herre pmsl) How can it have been 37 degrees today? Its only the beginning of Spring! My house is soooooooooo gross. The air con is only working in the living room ( hence my email answer for the places Id rather be ) and its not getting fixed until Monday . But the pool is absolutely freezing because the water hasnt had time to warm up!

Not much else happening here. Im too uncomfortable to do anything! This morning I could hear a weird sound, and Jasmine had gotten into the bathroom and was standing up at the toilet, rubbing her hands on the side of the bowl. Omg I almost threw up in it. Its clean, about as clean as a toilet can get...... but thats just the thing. How clean can a toilet get? Anyway M copped the biggest serve while I disinfected Jasmines hands (he was supposed to be watching her ). I cant imagine how many times she may have put her hands in her mouth. Yuck Im feeling sick again just thinking about it!

I'll be back to do personals later. Im just dying in this back room!

Oh Kate, that's classic! I know it's gross (and typical of stupid males leaving bubs to look after themselves) but it's one of those things I guess. Somehow a baby will find the most disgusting thing to do to pass time!! Like when tilly ate her poo!! It's also like how they gravitate towards the ONLY thing in the room they are not allowed to touch.
    Went househunting yesterday and we saw a place we love but Im almost sure it will go before we get our money through (we're looking at between 2-4 weeks, but when has ANYTHING gone smoothly regarding our house)!!!!
    How's everyone doing? Beck, how are you going? You've disappeared!! Christy how is the pregnancy??
    Coco has really really red sore knees from crawling, the poor bubba. made worse because her excma is worse on her legs with this damn heat. I feel so bad for her, I wish she had no excma, it's really stressful. I had it under control too, and now it's just gone crazy. I don't feel good putting a steroid cream on it, but it's all that will bring the redness down.
    HOpe everyone else is doing well. havve a great day. We're having a mothers group picnic today. (with hubby's)
    xoxoxox

tiggy Guest

Hi Girls!

Wow you have all been chatting up a storm! Sorry I have been MIA, (not that I've been missed, hehe). Have been busy (of course) now that both my little monkeys are mobile. Also went down to Sydney to see the Dixie Chicks. OMG what a fabulous concert! Also brings back happy memories about William. One of their songs, was deemed his song, when I was pregnant with him and we went to their concert in 2003 when I was about 23 weeks pregnant. After all the controversy they have been through, it was nice to see them back in fine form. Also spent some time catching up with rellies. David's sister is 30 weeks pregnant and I am going in with her and her husband for the birth. Originally, she wanted me to baby catch (being a midwife) but I don't think I will bew able to with insurance being the way it is in NSW. Oh weel, It will just be such an honour being there with her.

Dani, Melly, How are you guys going? Whenever I have a black dog day, I think of you both and wonder how you are fairing that day. It's weird but knowing that you guys are going through the same thing, somehow helps. (Not that I would wish PND on anyone).

Dani, good to hear that jett had a great time at the pool. We haven't braved that area yet but I was looking a swimmers yesterday, it was so hot!

Kate, LOL at Jasmine's little venture. I had to laugh. Guess I won't be laughing when the shoe is on the other foot with these guys but reading about Jasmine brought back some disgusting memories from when the girls were toddlers! Like Lily eating dog poo and dog biscuits and unravelling all of the toilet paper from the roll (several times)!!! Also have fond memories of her being fully dressed in her Pj's and then turning around and getting back IN the bath with her sisters fully clothed, nappy and all!!!! AHHHH, it's all fun!

Meg, Hope that you find the house of your dreams and/or that the money comes through for this house that you like ASAP. I will keep everything crossed for you that your dreams come true this time and things goe well instead of the other way.
    Sorry to hear about poor Coco. Know how you feel because Ivy is covered too. I have resorted to the 1% cortisone cream for her because nothing else was working. It's a shame but it is so miserable when she is itchy and cranky because of it.

Renee, have you put a photo up of your hair yet? I really should do something about my manky locks but think I should work on my humpty dumpty belly first. :eek:

Sara, how are you? How are the costumes for halloween coming along? What is Abby going to go as? How was the yard sale?

Hope that everyone else is good and that their babies are healthy and happy.

Today, I am trying to take christmas photos. We make cards every year and it is getting harder and harder each year. I said to the big kids that we might give it a miss this year and they got upset. So I decided to give it a whirl. Group shots are definately NOT a goer. I thin individuals might be the only way to go this year.

Ok, I have finally been able to access this after days of trying.

Tiff, I have been dealing, been having some not so great thoughts about myself & doubting myself but I've managed to pull myself out of it. Thank you for asking. How have you been coping?

Meg & Tiff, a little boy at Logans daycare (whose mother is also in one of my classes at uni) has eczema all over his body. He has to have special bandage-type things on his legs & arms I think. She has been so upset by it all and he is having trouble sleeping it hurts so much and is so itchy.. She has tried everything and nothing seems to help much. I really feel for you all, it must be so horrible seeing your babies uncomfortable like that.

Meg, I hope your back feels better and something good happens in regards to your living/housing arrangements.

Dani, I'm glad Jett enjoyed the pool. Logan loves the pool too. Now whenever he sees water and I'm holding him he moves around like he's trying to swim, he even got excited at daycare when they let him play with a bucket of water outside.

Kate, OMG at Jasmines little adventure, I am dreading when Logan is that mobile.. Already he is a handful and seems to want to explore everything.

Renee, Good on you for getting your hair done (you too, Sara). I wish I could afford that, but it will have to wait.

Sara, I hope your yard sale went well. I love going to yard sales, even if I don't buy anything.. but I'm a bit of a hoarder so I have trouble parting with a lot of things..

Not a lot is happening here. Logan loves custard and practically drinks it. He is slowly eating more & more. But is so stubborn and thinks he can do it all himself.

I recently bought Logan a cover for the seat in supermarket trolleys and he is so much more comfortable when we go shopping.. I'm such a worrier, I kept freaking out when he threw himself around in case he hit his head on bits and he'd want to chew on the trolley. so now I don't have to worry. Although we do have people staring at us sometimes, but oh well.. that is him in it in my ticker photo.

Is anyone else thinking about the 1st birthday? I know it's not important since he won't even remember it, but I am really stuck at what to do about it all lol. I think I am just worrying more because exs family will be coming here and I worry what exs dad will think, he's very critical and frustrates me a bit.

Logan has been bothered a bit about his 2 new teeth coming through and getting used to solids, but he's been his happy self otherwise. He has learnt to "high5", wave and if he doesn't want something he says "Nah!" and throws it.

Oh Mel - l've been waiting for someone to talk about 1st birthday party's first because I've been thinking about it for months! I go to sleep thinking about invitations (sad but true!) let me know what you are going to do (and everyone else!) Marnie is going to have a pool party and the town pool - a BBQ tea and cake (that I think I will make myself - bit scary!) I have about 10 babies and their parents and my family (which is a nightmare but is another post!) Love Logan in the shopping trolley!

Meg - I truly hope everything works out for you re the house.. I don't know if you have used this with Coco but it works with Marnie's exczema - Sudocream. I don't have to use it very regularly as it really does clear her arm up overnight - behind her knees is another matter. We have a visit to the community health nurse on Wednesday and I am hoping to have a chat to her about what else I could do?

Kate - I think I would have died if Marnie was in the toilet. Thanks for posting it though as I have been so diligent closing the bathroom door! I am sure we have plenty more disgusting adventures ahead of us.

Tiff - love the story of Lily jumping back in the bath fully dressed! YOu must have a million stories! I have a humpty dumpty belly too I am just trying to distract attention with my hair. I''d love to put a photo on but my tech head hubby is on day shift and I am computer illiterate!

We have just come home from the pool where we even ventured into the Big pool. Which she loved! I am now waiting for her to have a late afternoon sleep but she obviously thinks she doesn't need it. I've also had adult conversation with people other than my husband! I invited 2 girlfriends for lunch - both childless. Both had had a big night and appreciated a yummy lunch. - burritos! Perfect hangover food.
    Anyway looking forward to going back to work tomorrow!
    Have a great night!

tiggy Guest

OOOHHHH Renee and Melly, I'll talk birthdays with you!!!! Have Ivy and Noah's birthday invites all done. We are having an early party at Hunter Valley Gardens with all the relloes because everyone was saying they couldn't make it that close to Christmas!!
    Anyhow, it's not for Ivy and Noah anyway - it's for us!!!! LOL

I have bought some parcels already.
    I'm going to have a great party or die trying it will be my last first birthday (until grandkids).
    What have you got planned?

Iv'e sort of written a bday list, but it feels like Im ALWAYS asking the same people to things, babyshowers, christening, tilly's bdays, so Im a bit hesitant in asking. Anyway, we're just having family lunch here with a few friends. i'll do fairy bread and cake (but coco isn't allowed any, Im very strict). Tilly didn't have any and she was ok!!! Im more excited that I've made it this far! Im bloody exhausted chasing after coco.
    Im also exhausted as I seem to be making dinner often for everyone plus getting my two girls organised. It's hard work. I've snuck off for 5 mins to type this and still don't know if coco is being properly watched (tim is watching tv). It's all really hard and hard fitting into someone elses lives. It's all up in the air here as to what happens each day and Im sooooo organised it kills me.
    gotta run, will be on in the morning quickly. Our first school day run tomorrow, morning should be fine, but coco will now miss her arvo sleeps (which she now has 1.5hours) so Im pretty stressed.
    anyway, will talk soon xooxox

Tiggy are you around??

Tiff, we're presently organising Maddy's 1st birthday too! I think I'm going to be far more excited than she will be! hehe It's going to be a bit difficult for people, being the day before Christmas, but I'm hoping our family & friends will still be able to come anyway, even if just for a little while!

Given that it's hot, I'm going to do nibbles like cheese & meat platters, a chicken & melon salad, cob loaf dip....that kind of stuff. Oh, plus a fruit punch for the kids, cake (we're getting a Tigger one! *L*), and champers for the parents *winks*. Presents are all sorted too...going to pick them up off layby this week!

Sorry I've been so AWOL...had a few things happening around here and it's been busy. Glad to hear you're all doing ok (from what I've read) and I can't believe how big our bubbas are getting! Where has the last 10 months gone?

tiggy Guest

Dani, I'm around but Messenger has been playing up for weeks now, so I only have email.

tiggy Guest

OOOHHH, I can't believe it's time to organise parties!!!!
    How exciting.
    Beck, we are having a picnic party in the park. We'll just go and bags a BBQ early and we are going to have nibbles and stuff too.
    I didn't want anything too big or stressful so a laid back party it is. People can just come and go then and we will picnic for as long as Ivy and Noah will let us!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast