Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in December 2005 #3

Well that didnt take long! I fed Jasmine and she fell asleep while feeding.... guess Im in for a long night because she has hardly been awake. The heat seems to knock her about a bit.

Beck, Jasmine drools lol Sometimes there is alot, but in general she seems to always have a bit to wipe away, and she blows bubbles with it. Just enough to always be sitting on her lips when she purses them together. Sounds like you have had a rough afternoon/evening, I so very much hope Maddy settles down soon for you. :hugs: When I seem to get to the point where I think Im going to cry, I just keep telling myself that it wont be like this for much longer. I hope its not like this for much longer with Maddy either. Youre doing a great job though, hang in there!!

I almost forgot to tell you guys, I finally managed to get a photo of Jasmine smiling! Ever since she has been smiling I havent been able to get a photo of her doing it and the other night I just kept snapping away (probably blinded her a bit lol) and I finally got one ... out of about 20 and anyway I was soooo excited I was going to print the photo and give it to everyone and then I had a close look at the picture.... she is sticking her middle finger up!!!

Ive added it to the slideshow pictures on my web space if you want to check it out! LOL I cant stop laughing every time I see it. I think its towards the end of the pics

Thanks Kate! *sigh* She's still hysterically screaming away but John has her in the computer room on his lap waiting for the formula bottle to cool down a little.

Morning all. Not sure what happened last night, for some reason I couldn't post new messages. Meg sent me a text and she was having the same problem so it must have been a site thing.

Yes we have been blessed with a sleeper, thankfully. We have had a couple of rough nights and I really dont know how you girls do it every day / night, I was physically and emotinally drained.

Drew managed to put on 800 grams between coming home on the Monday 9th of January and been weighed on the Friday of that week, so I must be doing something right. We are only breast feeding too.

Breastfeeding is interesting, sometimes I wish I wasn't doing it because it can be a little awkward if you have visitors, but we went out all day shopping yesterday and I realised I haven't mastered the thing over your shoulder for discretion yet, so out they had to come. Thankfully we were in a parents room, and eventually I could move to a private cubicle.

I am working on getting some photos downloaded, Mums prehistoric computer is having trouble with the kodak software, hopefully I will be able to work it out this morning.

Kate - It would be great to hear from you, yeah message me first because we have appointments on Monday (first time mums group meeting) and on Tuesday (GP for Drew - the community nurse found a lump in his shoulder that she thinks might be a green stick fracture to his collar bone from been born with the forceps, but nothing to worry about because he is still using his arm).

Well I had better get going and have something to eat and a shower before the little guy wakes up. Mum is shouting me a hair cut, and colour today which I am excited about but at the same time nervous because it will be the first time away from Drew for any decent length of time. Thankfully Mum doesnt live far from the salon so if he wakes and needs to be fed she is just going to bring him to me.

Will try to get on line again soon.

xx Leanne

Good morning Leanne
    So good to hear that all is well with both you and Drew! Yea i am with the breast feeding, i am getting better as far a being descret but if not bad luck my bubs needs to be feed,

Enjoy getting your hair done!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey guys! Especially great to see that Leanne managed to pop on here! We will have to catch up with our bubs sometime!

Picked up the Pixie photos and HAD to buy the package. They are seriously so gorgeous....the girl that took the photos had a great eye for what looked good. Going to scan them and put them up on the website photopage!

Hi everyone. Sorry i missed you Leanne, great to hear all is well though!! looking forward to seeing plhotos of Drew and Becks pixie's!! Kate, the photos of Jasmine are Gorgeous, love the smiley one, classic!! SHe looks so long and thin. Coco is round!! She is 58cm now and weighs 5.2kilos, a nice hefty weight. Mind you her arms and legs are not so big, but the double chin and tummy are!!!
    I just got my sister to take some photos and I too got my FIRST smiley pic, so will try to get some on my website. I've got to get a new photo page, Kate is yours easy to do? I just have so much trouble with photos and know that the babies on line was hard enough, but Im out of space now.
    Beck, I hear you on the bad night. Coco had a shocker last nighht. We're just not doing too well. We were doing the 4 hours, then 3 then 2 etc through the night, like you, but it doesn't seem to be continuing. I am not giving her formula tonight as it hasn't helped, so we'll see what it's like just breastfeeding. I found with formula it took me AGES to feed. (might be the bottle or time of day, she may be too sleepy).
    Anyway, will go and try to sort out these photos. xoxoxo

:wave:

Meg my msn page is really very easy to use. All you do is get a hotmail address, and then create your own msn space by making a few selections. Then to upload photos, you just choose "upload photos" and then you can select which photos you would like to put on the site. It even gives you a preview of the photos in your folder so you know exactly which ones are going up. It also has a blog, which I dont use cos Im lazy lol but its handy. You get to choose the privacy settings and everything, its probably the easiest one I have come across yet thats free anyway. If you need a hand, just ask but its really so easy Im sure you will love it and have no problems.

Jasmine has had such a horrible day, the poor thing has been awake since 6am and just hasnt been able to go back to sleep. As soon as she closes her eyes, she wakes herself up and starts screaming again. I have no idea whats wrong. Shes been crying so much shes made herself throw up 3 times and nothing I can do will settle her, which is really unusual because usually atleast one thing works eventually. I even took her for a drive and she didnt sleep in the car, and she always falls asleep in the car! Im all out of ideas ](*,) Shes had 2 baths, screamed all through both of them which she never does ..... Shes done number 2s so I know shes not constipated .... Shes passing wind fine from both ends so its not that.... Shes not hungry, wet, cold or hot and up until the last half hour I havent been stressing out so she wouldnt have picked up on anything there. :smt022 I just wish I knew what was wrong for her to be crying and screaming for so long without sleeping! No doubt that now most of the reason would be that she is over tired, so I guess all I can do is wait it out? :smt102 Oh how I wish she could talk and just tell me whats wrong! On the plus side atleast its the day time, which hopefully means once I finally settle her I should have a pretty good sleep tonight Im sure but until then :smt022 ](*,) #-o

*LOL* Meg about the double chin & tummy. I've discovered Maddy is in-between the 'infant' and 'newborn' Huggies sizes... Newborn is a bit too tight around her thighs (she has chubby legs! *L* - just like her Mummy) but especially around her belly when she has had a big feed. Infant is just the slightest bit too big for her...have to be careful to put it on properly otherwise the poo leaks out the legs! *LMAO*

Can't wait to see the 'smiley' photos...I recommend getting a 'photobucket' webpage for photos Meg...that's the one I use and the uploading is really simple.

Maddy has been very unsettled today but she Daddy just had a big nap together on the lounge and he's resettled her in her cot just now. I'm hoping for a smooth night tonight; can't complain about last night once we went to bed. Pity she was so manic from 3pm through til 10pm!

Has she been feeding more Kate? She could be going through a growth spurt...6wks is apparently one of the major ones. My midwives & paed in hospital said to give bubs some Infants Panadol if it seemed like they were uncomfortable. Has she got a temperature? Perhaps she's not feeling too well.

I upped the amount that I put in the bottle, sometimes she drinks the full thing 150mls, but in general she is still keeping to the 120mls... but she does seem to want to feed around every 3 hours during the day whether she drinks the 150 or not. Ive been expecting the 6 week growth spurt, my friends said to me "brace yourself" lol but she has never been this bad before.
    I do have a feeling that maybe the weather has just messed her around and so in general she probably isnt feeling very well, but thats the only other thing I can think of.
    My mum is with her right now and she wont even settle for her so I might try the panadol. I wonder if i can put it in her bottle, I might have to check that out because Im worried she might spit it up.
    Thanks for that, I might go and read the instructions and see how we go. God I hope it works for her. Im just a bit worried.

Thankyou :flower:

Kate, I hope Jasmine has settled for you. There is nothing worse than when they just won't stop crying. It is scary. I hope the panadol has done the trick. i remember the first time it happened with Tilly. She was 4 months, and I jsut could not stop her crying. I even went walking in the street at about 2am as I guess looking back I was having a panic attack, and trying to run, but with a crying baby!! Anyway, next morning a tooth had popped up. Unfortunately i hadn't given her panadol, but will be ready with it this time.
    I hope Jasmine sleeps really well for you tonight. She could just have a tummy pain, it seems to be the cause of most baby problems! It would be soooo much easier if they coudl just tell us!!
    Thank you so much for the photos. I have put them on my website. Tim and I think the smiley one is hilarious of Coco, she looks a bit dorky!!!! I think she's much cuter in real life!! I hope one day we can all meet each others bubs!!
    Good luck Kate and good luck Beck for a good nights sleep!!! xoxoxo

Good evening guys,
    I am going to get Colin to help me with the photos of Hannah so you can all see my bubs,
    I just had a look at all you websites and I have to say all your girls are just so cute but they have all grown so fast, I really can’t believe how fast my little one has grown already. The last six weeks have gone by in such a blur, I had Colin home for the first 4 weeks which was great and to be truthful I was really worried about him going back to work but it has allowed me to get into a little bit of a routine (That’s what I like to call it)
    I am going to catch up with all of you once a day; I want to stay up to date with how lives (and bubs) are treating you all!!!

Kate I am hoping that Jasmine settles for you tonight, IF ONLY our little ones could tell us what is going on with them. Hannah has one day like that and I tell ya it broke my Heart but you are right ride it out and then once Jasmine falls asleep she will knock herself. The lite and easy thing sounds great! I am with you I am hanging out to get fit as well, as soon as I get the ok after my six check up I am going to do gym.

Meg sorry to hear that you did not have a good night How was the taping of RSC the other day? Did you bump into anyone you use to work with? Meg, I have a question that I hope you can answer for me, I am going to start expressing this week and I wish to freeze it, do you have any idea how much I should freeze in one lot.

Beck I am so glad to gear that the pixie photos turned out so well can’t wait to see them. I am really hoping to take Hannah next Thursday but I will have to see how her milk spots are looking. Its funny Hannah loves napping on hubbys chest as well.

Gotta go girls. I am hoping one of you next week can help me change my ticker over (I JUST TIRED AND IT wont work)

WISHING YOU ALL A RESTFUL NIGHT!!!!!!!

YAY we had a great night! In fact even at one stage when she woke up, she just put herself back to sleep which she never does. And then this morning I woke up at 9am, looked at Jasmine and she was smiling her head off lol! Dont know how long she was awake for, but she was quite happy laying there by herself. I think the panadol worked a treat so thanks for suggesting that Beck!

Were supposed to be going to lunch at the golf club today.... but I think Im going to pass. Its too hot already and its supposed to be 35 degrees here, which means it will be about 170 degrees in my car and I dont have any a/c in the car and my car is black.... Yep I think we will pass on lunch and spend the day inside. I cant wait til I have her 2 month shots and then I can take her in the pool. People keep telling me I can take her in now, its public pools I need to worry about.... but Id rather be on the safe side. Its only 2 weeks away and February is always hotter. Most of the pool is shaded so Im happy to take her in it. Plus I have the cutest little swimming costumes that I hope she fits in now!

Rach its so good to hear you are doing well with Hannah! I cant wait to see pictures, I bet she is gorgeous! Depending on what sort of ticker you want, you will probably have to choose something like Babys First Birthday or something. I use tickercentral.com and I think Beck does too, but there is snugglepie, babysfirstsite and many more! Then when you have created your ticker, get the BB code and copy that into your profile signature and then it should just show up.

Did everyone read that we are going to be getting a new forum? Because this one cant handle the needs of the site, its going to be changing? Im excited!

Meg lol @ Coco looking dorky! She looks so cute!! I know what you mean about them looking cuter in real life. I sometimes look at Jasmines photos and wonder how they turn out looking the way they do, because she looks so much cuter and different than the pics!
    Ouch @ Tillys tooth popping up! I had no idea that teeth came in that early 8-[ I would have been freaking out too.

Beck thanks again for your help. Im so glad someone was here when I was freaking out. I owe you one! Cant wait to see Maddys pixie fotos!

Jasmine has milk pimples :smt022 and I dont know how long theyre going to be around for so I cant get any done of her until they are gone. I always thought only BF babies got milk pimples because of the hormones from the mother, but it turns out its the babies hormones! So just over this past week they have really come up, theyre not too bad, but theyre all over her face, and even some on her head. They change every day though. Hopefully they dont last too long.

Hope everyone had a good night and will have a great day today!

Wow Kate, I thought it was mothers hormones too!! Coco has had hers for about a month, they come and go. I think they are leaving us now....fingers crossed!!
    Rach, greaat to hear from you!! Can't wait to see pics of Hannah!! I use snugglepie.com for ticker and it's very easy!! I changed mine yesterday and keep forgetting and not knowing my own posts!!
    We had a GREAT night, onnly because DH sent me into Tillys room and I had a good sleep!! Coco slept from 8pm-midnight and then I had her up till 2am. So Tim came in and sent me off to Tillys room (she was at mums) and I slept until 5.10am, so did Coco with Tim and then he sent me back and I went in at 8am for the next feed. Was really exciting to have a few hours without baby. Funny thing is though, when I went in at 5, I said "I just fed her an hour ago" and Tim kept saying I didn't. I realised I had DREAMT I was feeding her. Could'nt believe I dreamt about it!!! Seems I can have no break!! Anyway, feeling so much more human today.
    Also the 4 hours was after a good breastfeed, no formula, so Im happy with that.
    Rach, with the expressing, I have found that Coco never takes more than 80mls of anything (formula or EBM). but it depends on bubs, so maybe give her a test feed. i would be freezing 100ml for Coco just in case. Some babies take a lot more, so test her out first. Im going to start freezing some soon, just so MIL can have her while TIlly is at school and I can have some breaks!!
    Gotta run. Our computer is broken, IM at mums, so hopefully it's upa and running agian soonx oxoxox

Can my details be added. Thanks heaps

December '05

Forum Name:Rach
    State:Victoria
    Baby's DOB:20/12/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 pounds 14 oz- Length 51cm- Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:Female
    Baby's Name:Hannah Rose
    Baby's Websiteicture trail Username dueindecember05 Password december
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Have to get going baby is calling. will get to do personals later. Thamks for the help guys regarding tickers and EBM>

Hey ladies...try to type with a bubby hanging off a boobie!! *LOL*

I am going to attempt to get the scanner to work today and upload those photos to Madeline's website.

Nothing much happening here...we enjoyed a bit of a sleep-in and cuddle in bed this morning. Of course had to feed her and change her nappy first, but it was worth it!! *L*

Will do some personals later! Off to watch Sex in the City while Maddy feeds.

P.S - Maddy's pixi photos are up on the photopage off her website. They're huge...still trying to work out how to reduce them! *L*

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast