Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in December 2005 #3

Default Babies Born in December 2005 #3

This thread is for parents of children who were born in December 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Christy [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    nellbe - [email protected]
    *Shannon* - sha[email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

December '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: webbmeg
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 1.12.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.33kgs Length - 53cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Coco Arabella
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    8 days early, 3 hour labour.

Forum Name: Melly01
    Baby's DOB: 05.12.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs3┬Żoz/3.268kg Length - 49.5 Head Circ -34.2cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Logan Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/loganmichael/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 16 days early, 2 hour labour.

Forum Name: totalbabe77 (Christie)
    Baby's DOB: 7.12.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.775kgs Length - 53cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: Owen Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/buttonswalters
    Health Concerns: 50% chance he would have haemophilia - all clear!!thank god!!
    Notes: induced(1 lot of gel only)on night of due date as they were worried he would be too big as no interventions were allowed due to chance of haemophilia & had about 30 people in the room when he was born for the same reason, 10hr labour(8 hrs of contractions), 20mins pushing.

Forum Name: gemini6 (Kate)
    Baby's DOB: 15th December 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs 9oz Length - 53cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Jasmine
    Baby's Website: www.picturetrail.com user name:gemini_6 pw:december
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes:Induction

Forum Name:Rach
    State:Victoria
    Baby's DOB:20/12/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 pounds 14 oz- Length 51cm- Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:Female
    Baby's Name:Hannah Rose
    Baby's Website:picture trail Username dueindecember05 Password december
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Sarajo
    State: Texas, USA
    Baby's DOB: Dec 22, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs9oz Length - 19.75"
    Baby Name(s): Abigail Jo
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/abigailjo/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 6 days late. Induced Wed night, born Thursday 1:16 PM

Forum Name: Beckibee (Becka)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th December 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs 10oz Length - 38cm Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Baby's Name: Madeline Natasha
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/squishybub/
    Health Concerns: Jaundice for first couple of days
    Notes: Induction via drip after waters broke and contractions/labour was failing to progress at significant pace.

HERE is where you left off ladies - hope you are all well!

hi can someone please post this info for me..

Forum Name: totalbabe77 (Christie)
    Baby's DOB: 7.12.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.775kgs Length - 50cm Head Circ - 31cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: Owen Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/buttonswalters
    Health Concerns: 50% chance he would have haemophilia - all clear!!thank god!!
    Notes:induced(1 lot of gel only)on night of due date as they were worried he would be too big as no interventions were allowed due to chance of haemophilia & had about 30 people in the room when he was born for the same reason, 10hr labour(8 hrs of contractions), 20mins pushing.

thankyou!!

Hello, it's pretty quiet in here today!! I am wondering how Rach is, it's been soooooo long since we've heard. hope everything is going well with Rach and everyone else. Sarajo, have missed you too!!
    We had chiro and Dr today. Doc took more blood from Coco to see how jaundice is going. Poor little bub. Tomorrow I've got early childhood 8 week check, and Im getting a referral to Tresillian day stay so they can help me with settling. mind you, Im not going to be able to spend all days settling her as I'll be doing school pick ups, drop offs, jazz, tennis etc, so Coco will have to fit in with that. i just hope we can get some night sleep happening!!
    Yesterday she went to bed at 4pm, so you can imagine she was awake from about 2am!! She hasn't slept today at all, so I'll just try to put her down at 7pm. If only it was that easy. It seems formula isn't helping at all either. I'll give it a go tonight anyway and see.
    how's everyone else going??

HI GUYS I am doing really well and Hannah is sleeping and feeding like a total dream.
    I feel like i dont know where to begin, it has been SO LONG, i have not been on since Christmas eve.
    I am going to jump on alot more regularly cause i do miss you guys. I have been thinking of you all.

my days have just gone so fast and it seems like the last five weeks have gone in a blur.

XXXXX

Hello. How is everyone?
    Logan has been having more time just lying on the floor on a quilt Mum made for him. I must admit for a while he didn't get much time like that because he was spitting up a bit and seemed unhappy lying on the quilt on his tummy or back. But over the weekend Mum put him on his back and he loves to just lie there and wiggle. He makes so many noises, Mum, DF and I just love to sit with him and listen. Mum and I have been encouraging him to roll over, he almost did it today. He seems to be best at it when I am trying to change his nappy though, which is not the best time for it LOL

DF & I took Mums two dogs for a walk on Sunday, with Logan strapped to my chest in a baby carrier. Mum said we looked so funny walking up the street in a line. I must admit I felt a little silly, I'm just paranoid or too self conscious I think. I am getting used to wearing Logan, I can actually get house work done now, he loves to be snuggled up to me while I do some light cleaning. I might even venture out to the shops with him like that some time this week.

I've been going crazy taking photos of him the last couple of days, I put a couple on his babiesonline gallery.

I am going to try and get some sleep.

Oh my gosh Mel, he's grown so much!!! Seems like a different baby!! So CUTE! I guess Coco has probably changed that much too. It's harder to tell when it's your own.
    Coco rolled the other day, not sure if it was front to back or the other way, my sister was here. I now have to watch her on the change table!!
    She slept 4.5 hours for her first stretch last night. Really exciting, just a pity it started at 7pm, so I didn't get the whole time to sleep!! As long as she's sleeping though, Im happy!!
    Rach, GOOD to hear from you!! Glad all is going well with you, looking forward to seeing some pics of Hannah!!! You're right about the last few weeks being a blur!!
    i'd better run, Coco is due for a feed. She hasn't cried though, but she's been sitting in her rocker for an hour and not murmered! The poor bub doesn't get much attention from me, im so caught up with Tilly and everything else, lucky tilly plays with her. Im thinking she might be a patient baby though, having to wait for me all the time!! Saying that, I can't stop kissing her. i think Tilly is relieved as I have never stopped kissing her and she thinks she's getting too old for it!!
    Im going to see ready steady cook be filmed today, with my sister. MIL is having the girls. I'll let you know when it's on, so you can look out for me!!!!!! It's at my old work, so Im hoping I see some old friends (havent'been back to Ten since I took Tilly in at 6 months old)!!!!!!!!!

Hey ladies!

Anyone else starting to wonder what they actually achieve in a day? Each day seems to go buy in a blur....I'm currently enjoying the past hour Maddy has been asleep in her pram.

We got our baby bonus/parenting payments today and they're GOOONNNEEE... *L* Good thing though...we've reduced our credit card debts right down to below $500 which is amazing for us. Most of Maddy's stuff we bought via credit card after I left work early.

Well, nothing much planned for us this week. Have friends stopping by on the public holiday on Thursday and other than that, it's countdown til next week. On Wednesday (1st), I have my post-birth checkup (yucko, I need a pap smear) and then John's parents arrive back from Tonga at about 11pm that night. We're going as a family to meet them at the airport so they'll be able to see Maddy for the first time.

The only downside to them coming home is that I need to clean the house from top to bottom...it's a pigsty. I have discovered also why we have the washing machine going non-stop...turns out my BIL feels the need to have 4!!! (yes, FOUR showers) a day, each with a new clean towel. Seriously, I think he might have OCD...sorry, but we have an airconned house so it's not like he's outside sweating!

Oh, and good news on that front - the BIL.....if he gets the Laos or Iraq jobs, he'll be gone for 6 months - year and he won't be coming home every 14 days and sitting around the house. When his friend gets back home in about 6 weeks he is moving out and sharing a flat with him if either of these two jobs don't come through. Oh, and there is a job in the NT that it looks like he will be getting so he may move out sooner than that!

Melly...great to see you around here again! I can't get over how much Logan has grown...especially in that last shot of him in the shorts & t-shirt.

Rach - yayyyyyy...you're back! Glad to hear that Hannah is a dream baby...one of us December buddies has to have a sleeping angel! (It's sure not my Madeline, nor Meg's Coco!)

Meg - yay for the better sleep from your little girl last night. Sounds like Maddy's patterns...she works in 4 hour brackets generally. Now if only she'd sleep for 4 hours straight in the middle of the day and I'd get some sleep too!

:wave:

Oh Melly how cute is Owen? Hes adorable!! I love the last outfit you have him in. Good to see more pics of him! Sounds like everything is going well for you, Im glad to hear it! Ive been trying to catch you on msn but seems that we are never on at the same time Probably because I always forget to sign in lol

Everyone here has SUCH CUTE BABIES!

Rach good to see you back. I thought we had lost you! Cant wait to see pics of Hannah!

Hope you have a good day at Ten Meg. Dont forget to let us know when you will be on TV! I might even watch RSC for that!

Bec I have no freaking idea where my days go. At the end of the day, Ive always got a sink full of washing up, even though I dont seem to eat, a washing machine full of clothes that I keep washing and drying because I never get to put them away and nothing seems to be done, but Im always busy? Good news on the BIL I have my fingers crossed that he gets up and moving soon, 4 showers thats a bit weird lol?

Well I was supposed to go to clinic this morning, but I totally piked it. Mum came up to the house and said "you look like crap, I will take Jasmine and you get some rest" lol I slept for 4 hours straight on the lounge. I had 6 missed calls on the mobile and 3 on the home phone, and I didnt hear either of them ring the whole time! Doesnt matter about missing clinic though, I have my 6 week checkup tomorrow at the Dr's who is also Jasmines paed so I will just get it all done then. Its going to be the first time I have taken her to the shopping centre (Drs office is just outside) so Im all excited that I get to dress her up Ive got about 7 outfits laid out and I have to choose just one! Then on Friday Im going to get my hair cut and coloured. Im pretty excited about getting it cut, because Im getting it all cut off and styled so different than Ive ever had it before!!!!!!! Im a Mum now so its finally acceptable for me to get a Mum haircut LOL

Well today is a LOVELY day here in Sydney, such a nice breeze, no sun.... Im going to take Jasmine for a walk. Hey I can put her in one of the outifts now YAY (I usually have her in rompers can you tell? LOL)

Sorry to but in girls - hope motherhood is all good......

Meg - you had accupuncture before labour - did you think it helped?

You're not butting in Jacci...feel free to drop by anytime!

Just wanted to let you girls know that Melly has inspired me and I have added quite a few more photos of Maddy onto her website.

Hi guys, all the babies are growing so quickly!!!!
    Jacci, I dont' think the accupuncture brought labour on. My friend had it done and her waters broke whilst she was there, but I think that's because she was ready. It worked for me at about 28 weeks though for cramps and reducing stress.
    Beck, SO hope BIL works overseas. i can't BELIEVE he has 4 showers. what on earth is he thinking... How are you coping with him, does he pitch in more now that Maddy is here?
    We had blood test results today, still not looking good. have to get paed to help us, it seems no one is actually doing anything. Her liver has not improved but the bilirubin has reduced (jaundice causing agent).. Also the early childhood nurse said Cocos hips aren't right and we should ask paed for an u/s. Also said she has a lazy eye (I haven't noticed this). So now of course we are nervous wrecks. our poor little bubby. Tim is panicking, so i have had to take the role of calm parent (HA)!!! At least we have the paed tomorrow, I don't want to wait.
    RSC was fun today! Saw an old flame, he was filming it. VERY embarrassing. There were lots of audience shots of us, but I refused to taste the food at the end , I was embarrassed enough as it was!!!!!!
    Ok, gotta run. MIL is bringing the girls home now. I've missed them!! It really took alot of effort on my part to leave Coco at the inlaws.!! But I did it!
    xoxo

Oh Meg.... {{{{huggles}}}} Sorry to hear about Coco's not-so-positive results from the paed. Keep your chin up babe...those results are not always right and the child health nurse might be overreacting about her hips.

What does it mean if her liver is not so good, but her biliruban is reduced?

Hope you have another 'better' night of sleep from Coco tonight...glad to hear she loves her cuddles with you!

Thanks Beck! not sure what it all means, paed should tell us today I hope. It just seems to be more of the Dr's worrying us (like when we were preggas)! Anyway, Im staying positive, but I do worry about the little thing. The way she strains all night long just can't be normal. She was pushing and grunting from midnight to 7am this morning. Not good. So we're not getting much sleep. Im not sure if she sleeps while doing that though, so maybe she is getting some sleep. I certainly hope so. I told the paed about it last time and he basically ignored me, so I'm taking Tim today adn hoping for some answers. I'll fill you in tomorrow, as after that we're going to Tilly and Coco's great grandma's for dinner.
    Hope everyone is well xoxoxo

Hey Meg, i have done my best to try and catch up on the posts i have missed out on to try and catch up on what is happening with Coco, really sorry to hear that the results were not so great, my thoughts are with you.

xxxxxxxxx

Oh Meg I have my fingers crossed for you that everything is ok! Im looking at it as a positive too, one good thing is that if there is something they find, that might explain why Coco doesnt sleep and then it can be fixed! Still must be stressful I hope you are all ok. As for her hips, wouldnt the chiro have picked that up, or like Jillian said the hospital? I hope having Tim there with you today was better and you got all the answers you were after.

Beck thanks for sharing the new photos of Maddy. She is sooo cute. Youre right about her hair! Its so fair, its adorable!

Well my 6 week check up was so strange lol. I feel like we didnt do anything. I asked him about Jasmines sticky eye and he said that it could be a blocked tear duct and I should keep on wiping it, but also massage her around her eye every day and it should be fine. He said its quite common and nothing to worry about though. Funny thing was when he showed me how to massage the duct, she let out this huge loud pop of wind from her bottom... lol I couldnt stop laughing. But other than that, he just weighed her and that was that for Jasmine. He weighed me, organised my pap smear and discussed contraception and what will happen with my PCOS when my body goes back to normal (although I think it already is), weight loss and diet. He is concerned because I had GD, and my Dad is a diabetic that I might get diabetes so he wants me to eat a certain way... which is fine however I just dont have all that much time to cook, and because its just me I dont see the point in cooking meals as its a waste of food so he said I could go on Lite N Easy for meals if I wanted... so I just organised all of that. Im excited because now all my meals are prepared for me lol. True they are not exactly fresh meals, but hell Im not cooking fresh meals as it is! I'll just do it for a few months until I get organised. Its expensive though! :shock: But I dont want to be a diabetic so I guess its worth it. Plus now I have my clearance I start the gym next week YAY 3 days a week to start off with, mum will be taking care of Jasmine in the mornings for 1.5 hours while Im there. Even though Im actually skinner than I was when I fell pregnant, Ive lost alot of muscle tone so Im looking forward to getting fit!

Anyway thats all from me. Jasmine is a big day sleeper and is sleeping as usual, shes never awake during the day anymore and prefers to play and stay up from 3am through til 7am LOL lucky me.

Kate, I think lite n easy sounds excellent!! How lovely to have everything prepared. And joining the gym!! You'll be a health nut!! Have to keep the rest of us in line!! I had my 6 week check a couple of weeks ago pap smear etc. Luckily it's all normal which is great because I did have Cin 3 (the cells before cancer) and had an op to remove them, and it hasn't come back. YAY!

Went to paed. he thinks all is fine.Said her hips are fine too.However, the liver tests showed two things that were slightly high and he said he thinks its fine but I have to go back in 2 months incase it's some syndrome. Great. But really he seems sure it's all ok. i will wait and see. So no help on the sleeping front.
    Just got Coco to sleep for the first time since 10am. she wont sleep long I know, but it's better than nothing.
    Im booked into tresillian day stay in 2 weeks which is to help with settling! So that's something to look forward to! I hope it helps us!
    talk soon oxxoxo

=D> Thats great news Meg! Im glad to hear the paed doesnt think anything is wrong. Bugger about the come back in 2 months, but he is probably just being extra cautious. Ohhhh good luck at Tresillian! Im a big believer that Tresillian and Karitane are lifesavers (one of my friends had a baby with such bad reflux she couldnt even drink 10ml without screaming in pain) and they helped her with the settling, literally saved her life I believe. She was at her wits end because she also had another baby who was only 10 months older than the sick baby, and when she came back from her stay, she was a different woman with a different baby who could actually be settled! Good Luck I really really hope it works as well for you and Coco!

Im pretty excited about going back to the gym. My brother offered to train me, but he is one of those body builder guys who goes to the gym 7 days a week and he is huge. Im scared he will turn me into one of those "man women" with all the bulging muscles. I just seem to have no tone at all, so maybe after I get some tone and strength back, I will get his help. The thought of doing weights makes my arms ache LOL so I will have to take it slow.

The Dr didnt want to do my pap smear just yet. I think maybe because all my bleeding stopped a couple of weeks ago, and I think it was actually my period that I had in the end. He wants to wait until after I get my next AF. So Im booked in for 10th Feb. Yuck. Thats the same day Jasmine is getting her shots!

Im so nervous about the shots but he said just to give her Panadol before she comes, and then afterwards,but be prepared for an unhappy baby. I wanted to get emla cream and use that, but he said its pointless because the injection needs to go into the muscle What a horrid day thats going to be. And we all have to go through it!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast