Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in December 2005 #4

:wave:

WTG with the nights sleep guys!

Jasmine went to sleep at 2am :shock: woke up at 7am for a feed hardly took any of it and was still asleep at 11am this morning. So the struggle is getting her to actually go down. Last night all I could do was laugh. She was sooo tired she couldnt even cry properly and was just making these weird noises instead. Scary thing is, it seems as if she has my pattern. Im such a night person and havent gone to bed before midnight since I was a child.... I hope I havent created a monster here.

Beck Congratulations on becoming an Aunty. Sounds like it got a bit hectic, Im so glad it worked out ok in the end. I hope they are all doing well today.

Jillian thankyou for your advice and for sharing your experience! My best friends mother told me almost an exact same story that happened to her and a few other people she knows. To be honest, its just me here, she isnt bothering anyone else, and like my mum says they are only babies for such a short amount of time so Im unsure about the CC because Im such a wimp. I really just dont want to have a clingy needy child and do damage that way by always running to her IYKWIM? Im sure there is a balanced medium, I just have to find it. I feel completely clueless, I dont want to make a mistake but I dont know what Im doing. I just bought Pinky McKays book and CD,and I also bought 101 tips for getting baby to sleep, I will read them and try them til the end of this week but if nothing works I think I might just go to Tresillian for the day course like Meg and see if I can learn some things and maybe make my own style that suits both of us. When she sleeps, she sleeps fine, its just getting her to sleep that I think Im not doing right and need to learn.

Meg well done on having Coco down and having her cry for only 5 minutes. Sounds like Coco is the opposite of Jasmine lol I dont ever need to resettle her because once she is asleep, she is gone lol. Were there many people there? Do they have time to spend one on one with you and your baby? Sorry I have a million questions because I dont know how it actually works when you go in for the day. I cant imagine getting Jasmine to sleep without rocking or putting her on my chest, I would sooooo love not to do that anymore. I think I was really in a bit of shock yesterday when I realised that she was ok as long as I was in the room and got scared that Im doing something wrong. Im definitely not going to let Jasmine sleep in the rocker at night time anymore, she is getting too big for it and ends up all squashed up, so I have made a mistake there by not trying to put her in the cradle anymore! I tried to ring Tresillian yesterday and I was on hold for 35 mins :shock: so I gave up lol. I have to do something now or else I will regret it, I know I will.

Christie, Rach, Sarajo, Tiggy & Melly hope you are all well and your babies are too!

:-k Well this is interesting!

I just managed to get through to Tresillian. I thought I would just ask them about their day clinic and what days etc etc but I ended up telling the lady on the phone what Jasmine is doing and she said to me that she thinks the best thing for my situation would be to have one of them come out to my home. That way she could show me how to settle Jasmine in her own cradle and all that stuff in her own environment. Im SOOOO impressed. I did not think they did anything like that at all. She said we need to get Jasmine back in the cradle asap which I knew we would so god help me tonight lol and not to worry about changing anything else until the person comes out to my house, because she would need to see what I do to get her to sleep, and then teach me the right things to do! Im excited now. Well kind of, she said I should try swaddling Jasmine again at night time..... but Jasmine hates that so much like she really hates it and will not settle at all until it comes off, she gets more distressed when she is wrapped than anything else, she scares me a bit when she is struggling so hard to get out of it. So I hope they dont make me do it, cos I wont... well I dont think I will anyway.

Anyway now Im waiting for the midwife in my area to call me and make an appointment. I cant believe they come to your house and I dont have to go to a clinic or something like that. I love it YAYYYYYYYY

Gemini - have you found that Jasmine is a bit of a houdini with the wrap? Maddy freaked me out on Monday night....I woke up at 2am to find her stirring but discovered she had managed to get one of the muslin wraps unrolled and wrapped around her head. Thank god she could still breathe but she FREAKED me out doing it! :shock:

That's great to hear that the lady from Tresillian is going to come out to your house and help teach you some settling skills in her own environment.

Thanks Jillian, Its the Peace Baby one so Im looking forward to reading it, the CD should help too. I just read the 101 tips lol.... I did not know I was supposed to put Jasmine down 'awake' I always put her to sleep first, silly me, will try it tonight, not to mention all the other things I didnt know. ](*,) Mind you I will never do the white noise thing... I saw that scary movie White Noise with Michael Keaton and now Im terrified of it LOL
    Im about to start Pinkys book. Ive heard nothing but good things about her so Im excited and hope so much I can learn more. Thankyou. :flower:
    Im prepared for a few long nights. Hopefully by next week I should have everything under control.

Beck omg Jasmine can get out of any wrap I put her in. I found the muslin worst, I dont know how she gets out of them but I have seen them around her head too and I totally freak out. I put a mosquito net over the rocker at night just in case and the other morning I found that she had grabbed it, pulled it down and it was just laying there on top of her. I almost had a heart attack. Im glad it was only the tiny light one and not the huge cot one! I dont know how she reached it... she must have had to almost sit up LOL Scary little buggers arent they!

Kate, it's so well worth having them come out to you. you dont' have to do anything you dont want, but just having someone come to observe and give ideas can make a huge change. I rang tresillian about 6 weeks ago and the first thing they said was to wrap her. I had stopped doing that, however we've been wrapping her ever since and the great thing about it is 1. she doesn't wake herself with her hands, 2. she knows it's a sign of bedtime. Also the tresillian midwife yesterday said next time Im there (in 3 weeks, if I need it) she's going to show me how to wrap with her hands across her chest so she can suck her fists, so you can always mention that and that way Jasmine has freedom and can settle herself by sucking her hands.
    ALso when you go to daystay, they have one midwife per person, so you get full attention. the midwife even sat with Coco to make sure she was happy and hardly had to cry!
    I too was rocking to sleep every night for an hour. then I decided to leave her and the crying period is getting shorter. We would go in every 30 seconds and settle her, so it was never high pitched crying, it was quite relaxed. The great thing is that it takes FAR less time to get her to sleep that way than rocking. I also found as time went on, Coco wouldn't settle as well being rocked.
    It's all a learning experience though, and none of us really know what to do!! If we could meet in the middle it would be GREAT!! Coco just will not stay asleep in the day after 30 minutes!! Nightmare. We have been working on that today, and after she wakes she's been left in there and gone in and out of sleep, but not a good sleep, so it might take a week or so.
    Gotta run, good luck with your books and cd's Kate. I always put Coco down awake now, which I wasn't doing at all before, it really has made a difference for us.
    talk soon and sorry if I've rambled xoxo

Meg, I hope your throat is feeling better. I SO hope it isn't because of me

Turns out I have a viral infection that is apparently "going around". The doctor said Logan is immune to it or something and he'd only catch a mild cold, he seems fine though. He did get a bit confused when I could barely speak, since he used to be able to recognise my voice and then it changed, he kept frowning at me LOL. Mum & DF are both getting sick. Mum stayed home with me today to help me look after Logan. DF went to work and is now being a royal PITA. I got him cold & flu capsules but he won't take them because he's afraid of swallowing pills incase he chokes. But he also won't stop going on about how sick he is and how he had to work all day.

Logan on the other hand has been very good lately. A bit clingy the last couple of days but not too bad. He was an angel on Monday, didn't cry on the train trip which is what I was a little worried about.

I need to go try to get some sleep. Sorry I didn't really do personals, I haven't caught up on all the posts..

:happybday: Happy Birthday Melly :happybday:

Aw thank you Kate! Wow that was a shock lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MELLY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! \/

How is everyone today? Im great! Yesterday was aweful, as Abby was not only spitting up but also vomiting! She fussed all day and I could telll she didnt feel good! She seems all better now though, I hope it wasnt something I ate, but it seems that way since it only lasted one day!

Do you all celebrate Valentines Day over there? I got Abby an adorable Valentines outfit! I took pics ysterday and just put one on her website. I know she doesnt look like she is feeling bad in it! I did get some smiles out of her! I know I know, I take sooo many pictures of her! I cant help it! :smt016

Meg - feel better soon! So glad the Tresillian worked so well for you!

Melly - feel better soon too! Thats too funny about DF! Oh well, what can you do? Does he usually just take childrens meds so he can have liquid??

Beck and Kate - Abby is an escape artist also, and manages to get out of any wrap I put her in! So far none have ended up on her face, but now that I read you girls' posts, I will be waking up every 5 min to check on her! Let me know if you find a solution!

I probably wont be writing until the middle of next week after tomorrow since Dons parents will be here! I am so excited for them to meet Abby!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELLY!!!! :flower: :happybday:

Hope you have a terrific day babe!

A better night for us again! Maddy slept from 8pm til midnight and then from 12:30-4:30am. So two x 4hr brackets....nice!

Yay for Dale Begg-Smith...our latest Winter Olympic Gold Medalist!

Sarajo - have a fantastic time with your parents-in-law and I'm sure they will just adore your precious little girl! Sorry to hear she was spewy yesterday but its great to hear she is feeling better now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SO cute Sarajo! You are so good with all your occassions!! Yes, we celebrate Valentine's here (some do anyway)!! It was also our anniversary, so DH took yesterday off work and we went out to lunch. I had a glass of wine and could've gone to sleep on the spot! We had Yum Cha for lunch, our FAVOURITE!!!
    Had a good night, but not as good as the one before! She woke at 11.30 but I stuck the dummy in and she slept until 1am. THen I fed and she went back in her cot until 5.30am. YEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had her with me after that. I feel so much better today. My throat is alot better, mum has me on some herbal tablets she swears by!!
    So mel, I really don't think it was you, don't worry, and I SO hope you're feeling better soon you poor thing. Poor Mel was a bit worse for wear on monday, and you're doing a great job looking after Logan whilst sick. Mum's never get the full acknowledgement of what we do!! Try getting DF to mind the baby as WELL as being sick! Men couldn't do it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL

HAVE A WONDEFUL DAY!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MEG (for Tuesday)

Sounds like everyone are having better nights!!!

Will jump on later have to get ready to go to the health centre.

Also before I forget, thankyou to both Meg and Jillian for you opinions on CC , I really enjoyed reading those posts.

XXXXXXXXXXX
    :happybday: :happybday:

Hey Rach, how's everything going with Hannah? Hope all's well with you. Is it a check up at the health centre today?
    I have just found with both my babies that CC has worked. By no means do I leave them crying, and it's been a very relaxed transition even DH has no problems with it. I wouldn't do it if I had to let her cry for ages.
    ALso, if I was happy rocking Coco I would've continued, but it meant I was missing alot of time With tilly and she was starting to play up for DH at bedtime.
    hope everyone has a good day, Im off to mothers group.
    xoox

P.S - Forgot to tell you all the best bit....Maddy laughed TWICE this morning! It was sooo cute!

Yea Meg, just a check up, Hannah's 8 week check. Yea i am doing really well.
    I have no problems with Hannah not going to sleep, but I have found thru this whole baby thing, you have to do what works for you. I am so glad that it has worked for you. YAY!!!

Have fun at mothers group..

I REALLY HAVE TO GO!!!! HAVe missed catching up with you guys on a daily basis..

XXXXXXXXXXXX

I give up! What's CC?

Sorry Sarajo! It's controlled crying, so you leave your baby to cry themselves to sleep (but you go in as often as you want to pat, put dummy in etc). I call what I've done with Coco CC but it hasn't involved that much crying! xo

Oh! Thanks Meg!

Beck - out loud laughs? Awe! Abby has squeeled and cood a lot, but no laughing out loud yet!

Do your babies have tears yet? Abby has a tiny bit, just like one at a time...I wonder if her ducts are clogged?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast