Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #7

{{{{{{SARAJO}}}}} I'm sorry to hear about the mastitis! Hope the antibiotics clears it up for you ASAP. And a big boohoo for Don. I know just how you feel...they don't seem to grasp the concept that you can't just 'relax' when you're the only one at home with the baby. You need a break too, and even if you don't go out on your own; if he's there at home too then you can give him the baby and have a break for an hour or two.

OMG..just read the part about bringing the guy over. RUDE! :fuming: So not only do you not get to relax; now you're gonna have to clean? It's not like the guy is gonna look at Don and think 'mate, you should have cleaned the house!'. It's always the woman that gets looked at expectantly when it comes to the house needing to have been cleaned.

I hope that man of yours lends a hand! Big hugs girlie to you and Abby! :hugs:

Meg, hope you had a great night with Coco! Thinking of you Christie, Rach, Jillian, Wonderwoman, Tiggy, Melly, Kate....

BTW - I rang Leanne yesterday to invite her to the Brisbane BellyBelly meetup on Thursday. She's doing well but misses this place. Her little man Drew is a wonderful sleeper - he goes to bed at 7pm and sleeps right through the night. :shock: \/ Oh and he's a very healthy and robust little boy - he's over 7kgs now!

Maddy had a good night...9pm through til 3am. Seems to be getting quite regular with that, which is FANTASTIC for me. Felt like such a bad momma last night....I whacked Maddy's head against this pokey knob on the side of the pram. I was feeding her and leaning across her while trying to lay back the back of the pram so she could nap in there for a little while....I didn't even realise I was pushing the top of her head into the knob until she started screaming. Poor little chicken had a lump and a red mark on her head afterwards! :smt022

Well I'm off to the DFO next to the airport today with Juliette (and Hannah from the July 2005 thread) and Ambah (mod and wondermummy of Aidyn). Should be loads of fun...the mischief we used to get up to! *L*

Hey Beck... I may wander over too if thats okay to have a sticky at your gorgeous girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by christy
    Hey Beck... I may wander over too if thats okay to have a sticky at your gorgeous girl!!
    Of course Christy! I was so excited when Ambah mentioned you might be stopping by today!

Awe, tell Leanne we miss her too!! Well, the house is all clean and the guy just came and they went off shooting, and he will be comming back for dinner. I told Don he could make it, so we are grilling steaks. Abby is sleeping. She had a big day, I took her outside for most of the morning and then she got a bath, so she is totally pooped!

Sigh, I have 2 hours or so to relax before they get back. <sigh> :sleeping:

OH ABBY's 4 MONTH birthday it TODAY!!! Yipee! How time flies!

HAPPY 4TH MONTH BIRTHDAY ABBY!

We're off to the shops today and meeting up with my Mum & my little niece who just LOVES her little cousin. *L*

If you read this Christy; it was lovely meeting up with you again yesterday at DFO and also so wonderful to meet Linda and little Emma. What a petite little girl and such a sweetheart! See you and Matilda on Thursday....hope you continue to feel well!

Thank you from Abby!

Well, our visitor and Don went "out" which meant they probably went to a girly club, and I am fine with it. I hope they enjoy their "guy's night" so I can enjoy a girls night out soon!

I took abby down the street to a neighbors and she wanted nothing to do with anyone but mommy, so I brought her back and guess what I found on our doorstep??? A black widow! I was totally freaked out, so Abby and I went to a neighbors house that was having a party and sat out for awhile. Now the only thing I may regret is that I found about 5 mosquito bites on me and I pray they didnt find my little Abby! But how scarey is a black widow!!!??!!?? I called Don and told him he has to take care of it and take care of preventing more before someone gets hurt....especially Abby! I also saw a brown recluse, which is also very poisonous. It scares me sooo bad!

Now we are home, I would only go in through the garage because I am deathly afraid of our front door, and Abby is put to bed, fast asleep!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!! \/

My mastitis is soooo much better!! =D>

Sarajo thats great that your mastitis is better!! How scary with the spider!

Girls in Australia, Black Widow spiders are a lot like red backs, they will kill children though. Scariest spiders in America

oops! I forget you girls probably dont know what I am talking about sometimes! Yes, black widows can be deadly in babies! I am terrified of them!

Sarajo that is scary about the spider. Hope you don't see any more!!
    Well, on sat night we had Coco's best night yet, 7.30pm-7.30am (she did wake once but no feed). THen last night the WORST night ever!! She woke at 10.30pm for a feed (what the) and then midnight , no feed and then she woke at 4.30am and is STILL awake(7am). So not happy. Don't know if it's teeth or what. Mind you at 5.30am there was this WEIRD noise that sounded like aliens landing. Tilly woke up really scared, it even started to worry me. So once both my girls were WIDE awake, the noise stopped. Bizarre.
    Hoping Coco goes back to sleep soon, Im knackered!!
    xo

OMG :shock: :shock: @ the black widow spider Sarajo...I wouldn't have gone home for days! No wonder you were terrified for Abby!

Meg - YAY for the amazing sleep from Miss Supastah Coco on Saturday night....I could only DREAM of that kind of sleep for Miss Madeline!

Nothing exciting happening for us here....she napped while feeding this morning so I waited until her after-lunch feed & play to put her down in her cot for a nap. It's 2:15pm and she's been screaming for 1/2 an hour. Oh well, persevere!

Yayy....Maddy is 4 months old today (going by the 24th rather than Saturday to Saturday)! Can't believe how quickly our little cherubs are growing!

Hey Beck, love the new photos of Maddy!! So cute! Coco has the same gorgeous blue top she has pants in Maddy's hat material. Gotta love pumpkin patch!! Is it jeans she's wearing? how very grown up!!!
    Hoping for a reasonable night tonight. After lasts nights effort I don't know what to expect!!
    Going down to my mums for dinner now, nice to have someone else cook. im going to record big brother. I watched last night and can't BELIEVE how up themselves they are, Love it!!
    Good sleep vibes everyone. Rach and KAte and Mel, how are you guys? Tiggy, hope the twins are doing well xoxo

Hey ladies!

Beck, love your website!! Abby just emailed you about the webfriends page! How cute!

HAPY BIRTHDAY MADDY!!!

I knew this would happen, after all the company and cleaning and all, I feel worse now. With mastitis, you really hve to rest, and I have done everything but! So today I am doing laundry and taking care of my Abbers and that is it!!

Meg I hope you are getting a GREAT sleep tonight! Did you ever find out what that noise was?

Abby has been sleeping very very soundly! She didnt wake up for a feed today until 8:20!! When that happens, I get so confused when I look at the clock! Then I rush around trying to get everything to feed her like she cant wait one more minute! I think I have been completely wearing her out durring the day, taking her so many places lately! Yesterday we went to church and lunch and didnt get home till 3:00, and she slept from 4:00-5:00, and from 6:00-8:00, and from 8:30 - 10:30. I reeally didnt think she would sleep through the night with all the afternoon napping, but she did! Yay!

Don is on spider patrol tonight, since he didnt get to it last night. I am gonna have to put my foot down and make him take care of all the spiders TONIGHT! I am still scared to go out our front door!

Hope the rest of you are doing well!

I just heard on our news of a cat 5 cyclone in Australia. Are any of you near it? I hope not! I hope everyone is well!

Sarajo - the Category 5 cyclone hit mainland and was travelling towards Darwin which is in the top north of Australia (Northern Territory). I'm pretty sure none, if very few of our Belly Belly members live anywhere near it.

I'll try and get little Abby up on Maddy's website asap!

Hope you all had a wonderful day today! We all went to the Anzac Day parade in the city to cheer on my Grandma who is a member of the WAAAF.

**Edited to add: Abby Jo is up on Maddy's page now Sara! LOVE the photos you sent!

Awe, thanks Beck! Abby is so happy to be part of Maddy's webfriends!

I love Maddy's webfriends page Beck! Very cute!!

Well, we had a better night last night. aFter two shockers, she slept 7.30-3.30 (thank goodness). THen when she looked like she wouldn't even feed at 3.30, I wacked some bonjela on and she went to sleep until 5.30am. not brilliant, but better than it has been. I have decided it just must be teeth. I also put bonjela on at bedtime last night and it's the first time in 3 days that she didn't wake. Just wish the teeth would break through and give her some peace. When I picked her up at 3.30am, she must have been awake for 10 minutes, her wrap was saturated from her sucking it. At least I must be grateful that she isn't grizzly with the teeth.

Had ok day at inlaws yesterday (DH's dad, not my fav family). Within 5 minutes of arriving, Step mum had had a go at me. I had put my HAB on and she said "you CANT put her to sleep in that, you MUST let her go to a cot and put herself to sleep" WHAT THE...... I told her as politely as possible that I do that, but when Im out at someone elses house, I use the sling. I also said if I want her ot have a long sleep, the sling it is. Honestly, what a joke. After a one and a half hour sleep in the sling, she then said it must be so uncomfortable for me, and after being so big for 9 months, didn't I want some space???????????? JUst had to bite my tongue!! Thank goodness my mum and Tims mum are soooo much kinder!!

Hope everyone has a good day. Not quite sure what we're up to , but IM totally praying that Tim gets a job today!! oxoox

Meg - Oh my goodness, your step-Mum in law is so opinionated! :shock: You did so well not to snap at her! Glad to hear that Coco slept better; and that the Bonjella helped her last night. Hope those nasty little pegs cut through soon and give the little one a break! Oh, and my fingers are crossed that Tim gets a call today to tell him he has the job; I know how tight things are getting for your family.

Sarajo - Glad you like the webfriends page! It's when I look at that with little bubbies from around the world that I realise how cool technology can be! How's Abby been sleeping?

Maddy hasn't been the best sleeper the last few nights. She's sleeping on average from 10pm through til almost 2am; rather than from 8pm/9pm through til 3/4am. Mind you, it could just be her body adjusting to getting sleep during the day. We're perservering with the day sleep in the cot and for the first two or three days she screamed for up to 3.5hrs before she went to sleep (or didn't at all in some cases); then for two days she only cried for an hour before she fell asleep. Yesterday she must have been SO zonked after being out at the parade because she only cried for 1/2 an hour and then fell asleep for almost 2hrs. YAYYYY!!!
    \/

Oh, and is anyone else thinking of tying their babies in place? Eeekk.... :shock: Maddy is now just LOVING rolling whatever way she can. She falls asleep much quicker once she rolls herself onto her belly in the cot; and now in the pram she's trying to roll over and on the playgym mat on the floor.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast